• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 3 |OT| Welcome to the New Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
EW with a spoiler about Ray Palmer and Felicity.

Any scoop on Arrow‘s Ray Palmer or his relationship with Felicity? — Dana
We know that Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) will make a play for Queen Consolidated, but the way he goes about it is very questionable–and shockingly involves Felicity. Also, would it surprise you that Arrow and Scandal have something in common this season? Once you see Felicity’s new job, you’ll understand.

Personally I like this. I
don't mind low level powers, but anything more makes Green Arrow outmatched. He should stick to human and sligtly more than human enemies, while everything crazier should be left for Flash, since he can actually handle it. At most, if they ever get a good idea about Arrow vs powers they can do it in crossoverse. Bassicaly do it the Batman way, when in his own comics he rarely has to deal with anything truly powerful. Plus it helps to keep both Flash and Arrow feel like genuinelly different shows.

It's kind of dissapointing that we won't get to see THIS happen (but with DC characters,) though.

Didn't it actually happen in one of dc animated shows? I remember seeing a gif. And they can still do it in crossover episodes. :)
The gif was from Avengers. But in the comic JLA: Rock of Ages, Green Arrow and Atom did the same move. They were the only ones left alive against Darkseid, so Green Arrow fired a flashbang arrow at Darkseid, which bounced off the force field. But Atom shrunk down, rode the light wave through the shield (since Darkseid could still see), then went into Darkseid's brain and lobotomies him.
Epic as hell.

storyline86b.jpg

fd1e84c1de901ea28ab9d43d5f6b3c5e.jpg

Oregano

After the fifth season they could totally do flashfowards to Connor Hawke being GA. Or a timeskip and flashbacks to Ollie if you'd prefer. That could get confusing though.

They could also start dedicating seasons to other characters' flashbacks. Diggle in Afghanistan, Malcolm or Sara with the League of Assassins, etc.

DeathyBoy

Banned
"WAT?!"

"Me, Supergirl, and Green Lantern were taken into the future by the Legion of Super Heroes"

"Who's Supergirl, and what's a Green Lantern?"

DIGGLE: Oliver, who is this Green Lantern?
OLIVER: Your middle name is Stewart.
DIGGLE: Oliver, I never told you that.
OLIVER: It was you, Diggle. You were on that island too. And I've kept it a secret because of what you did.
DIGGLE: Oliver, what did I do that I haven't done yet?
OLIVER: You killed Mogo.
DIGGLE: ... I'm out!

Clevinger

Sure they can, they're introducing Ray Palmer AKA The Atom

Nope. Not on Arrow at least. Unless the EP is trying to misdirect.

Marc Guggenheim: “My instinct is that if Ray Palmer’s going to shrink, he’ll probably shrink on another show. With The Flash in existence, there’s no real compelling reason for us to do super powers on Arrow. We can bring characters to Flash to have super powers. We have plans for Ray that don’t involve shrinking, but our plans for Ray are actually really cool.”

DIGGLE: Oliver, who is this Green Lantern?
OLIVER: Your middle name is Stewart.
DIGGLE: Oliver, I never told you that.
OLIVER: It was you, Diggle. You were on that island too. And I've kept it a secret because of what you did.
DIGGLE: Oliver, what did I do that I haven't done yet?
OLIVER: You killed Mogo.
DIGGLE: ... I'm out!

Oliver: "Wait. Don't you wanna know about all the alien babes you sleep with?"

DeathyBoy

Banned

Well, technically, Ray Palmer doesn't have superpowers. It's the suit that lets him shrink.

But I get your point. My guess is that they'll structure it so that Ray's developed as a character via Arrow and designs the suit, but doesn't use it until he gets to Flash.

Jokes aside, even money says Oliver and Andrew Diggle have interacted before. Maybe Oliver called in the hit.

DIGGLE: Oliver, he was my brother, Oliver.
OLIVER: He wasn't always your brother...

"I don't understand"

"He's adopted into your family, and your father, was the terrorist known as Black Manta. Andrew took up the mantle of Black Manta when your father died"

"That's Impossible"

"It's the truth, and to stop your brother, I hired Deadshot to kill him"

"Next you're gonna tell me my mother is an Alien"

"No, she's Atlantean, and your real name is Kaldur'ahm..."

DeathyBoy

Banned
"I don't understand"

"He's adopted into your family, and your father, was the terrorist known as Black Manta. Andrew took up the mantle of Black Manta when your father died"

"That's Impossible"

"It's the truth, and to stop your brother, I hired Deadshot to kill him"

"Next you're gonna tell me my mother is an Alien"

"No, she's Atlantean, and your real name is Kaldur'ahm..."

DIGGLE: This isn't funny, Oliver. Felicity, is he...?
OLIVER: That's not Felicity, Diggle. It;s a martian. His name is J'onn J'onzz. And we're in love.

Bhn0Z8P.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
Just a few days away, and I haven't watched any new trailer or teaser or or image or anything that could spoil me.

I'm so fucking ready.

Would it kill them to give Stormare a costume? It's like Captain Cold wearing a goddamn trenchcoat in The Flash. This isn't 2000.

Omega

Banned
what the hell is going on in this thread

fan fiction conversations between diggle and ollie somehow starting out with him being green lantern..to..i give up

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
what the hell is going on in this thread

fan fiction conversations between diggle and ollie somehow starting out with him being green lantern..to..i give up

We haven't even gotten to the part where it turns out Diggle is Martian Manhunter yet.

Yo
if the atom doesn't get his powers then I call bullshit, you can't have all this crazy shit going on in flash and then have arrow be completely normal, and then cake they happen in the same universe. What's even the point of that? Also Felicity works in computer repairs, like Huck in scandal. Not a big similarity their.

Magwik

Banned
Yo
if the atom doesn't get his powers then I call bullshit, you can't have all this crazy shit going on in flash and then have arrow be completely normal, and then cake they happen in the same universe. What's even the point of that? Also Felicity works in computer repairs, like Huck in scandal. Not a big similarity their.

Different tone for different shows. It's the same as Doctor Who/Torchwood handling different themes, aliens, etc. It actually happens in a lot of spin-offs actually, it's a good way to keep the shows different enough for people to watch both. Also if you have Ray running around all suped up it takes away from the main character. How fun would Batman: TAS have been if Supes just showed up and won the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom