• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes September 8th

On Amazon US Fallout 4 is heavily skewed towards PS4 so there's that

Yeah, that was pretty surprising. The question is if that trend is the same for the larger retailers such as Gamestop and Walmart?

Unless MS goes big the fallout marketing most 3rd parties tend to shift towards PS. Either way I think it will sell well on both system in the US at least it won't be noticeable

I think Fallout 4 being a WRPG will also play a big role. We've seen with The Witcher III sales that the PS4 has a significantly larger WRPG fanbase than the XBO, even in the US and UK.

gtj1092

PS4 won

W7iSdCU.png

https://twitter.com/Futterish/status/642091989165572096

Those koei heavy hitters.

Gurish

So, Madden ( like last year ) didn't help to Xbone and also that TV deal. Shit.

I already said I don't understand why Madden should be a big factor, guess I was right.

I was wrong about Gears influencing this month though, seems like the dude that said that Until Dawn has a bigger potential to actually move consoles (even if selling less overall) was right.

VinFTW

Wait, people bet against PS4?

Why would you do that? lol

I'm no analyst, but it seems like a foolish thing to do... ever... for any reason lol

I know Sony advertise these but they are still not exclusives like Halo and TR, XB1 in general is a very good platform (sales wise) for FPS games, it's not like potential XB1 buyers will ignore these games, Destiny is selling very well on that platform for example, and TW3 which was advertised on XB1 is selling much better on PS4, it's not like advertisements are money in the bag for the platform holder.

Besides let's not forget FO4 is with XB1, might be the second biggest selling title of the year after COD.

I think Battlefront will sell more than Fallout.

Xenus

I know Sony advertise these but they are still not exclusives like Halo and TR, XB1 in general is a very good platform (sales wise) for FPS games, it's not like potential XB1 buyers will ignore these games, Destiny is selling very well on that platform for example, and TW3 which was advertised on XB1 is selling much better on PS4, it's not like advertisements are money in the bag for the platform holder.

Besides let's not forget FO4 is with XB1, might be the second biggest selling title of the year after COD.

I doubt FO4 surpasses Battlefront. Also while Destiny is selling very well on the XB1 software wise it still got crushed for the month Hardware wise.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I'm still confused by the lack of PR. If PS4 won, where's Sony's PR? Or even Microsoft's?

Sony PR: PlayStation 4 remains the cumulative leader in the US
Microsoft PR: Gamers spent 20 million hours on Xbox Live this month and over 1 billion bullets were shot in Halo MCC

Javin98

Banned
Sony PR: PlayStation 4 remains the cumulative leader in the US
Microsoft PR: Gamers spent 20 million hours on Xbox Live this month and over 1 billion bullets were shot in Halo MCC
Sounds about right. But having nothing at all is strange. :p

Top Bottom