• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes September 8th

Cornbread78

Kinda surprised Until Dawn isn't higher with so many college kids buying it on their way back to school. The volume appeared much higher than Gears, lol.

Gurish

Man after what they did this month you would hope XB1 sales grew.

With all the effort they put into this month, I can't see any statistic as positive for them, if they didn't take this month than what do you expect is going to happen in September? it's going to be a massacre.

Sharpeye

Kinda surprised Until Dawn isn't higher with so many college kids buying it on their way back to school. The volume appeared much higher than Gears, lol.

I think gears and replay were out longer than Until Dawn, not to mention they were probably stocked better as well.

Shenmue

Banned
Interesting point in that venturebeat article: children's games always do seem to do better on Xbox than PS4 despite the user base discrepancy.

When I'm in retail stores, it does seem to be young children who own Xbox Ones and young adults or adults who are looking at PS4 games.

I wonder why. Parents buying the cheaper console for the little ones?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I expect a lot better for XB1... oh well.
With those numbers, i believe will be down YOY next month. ( Sep 2014 = 284,000 )

N.Domixis

Banned
Interesting point in that venturebeat article: children's games always do seem to do better on Xbox than PS4 despite the user base discrepancy.

When I'm in retail stores, it does seem to be young children who own Xbox Ones and young adults or adults who are looking at PS4 games.

I wonder why.
It's the gen that grew up with 360.

Javin98

Banned
Holy shit! My XB1 prediction was exactly spot on! Now if my prediction for PS4 were spot on as well, top 5, here I come!

People have to remember Until Dawn wasn't out for a long time in August, so it's still good that it managed to chart.

Problem is, I feel like many people who watched it aren't buying it. I know the reverse could be said, but all my friends who have a PS4 have watched YouTuber's playing it, and don't feel inclined or the need to buy and play it. I know it can encourage some people to do the opposite, so idk.

RedAssedApe

Banned

most of the college kids i know are pc gamers. if i lived in a dorm i would never bring my console. lotta shady fucks around lol

also...what does back to school have to do with buying games? if anything back to school means buying less games no? :)

Kill3r7

I really don't get how people thought the Xbone would sell more than PS4. Madden Bundle wasn't enough last year either.

I think people have addressed this question a few time now but anyhow, X1 had a TV deal, Rare Replay, Gears and Madden. So, it was not totally outrageous to think all these factors would tip the scale in its favor.

eerik9000

People keep saying that SCEA is not promoting it in the US, so that's the result. SCEE on the other hand is supporting it and it is selling well in Europe.

Cornbread78

most of the college kids i know are pc gamers. if i lived in a dorm i would never bring my console. lotta shady fucks around lol

also...what does back to school have to do with buying games? if anything back to school means buying less games no? :)

Talked to a lot of folks that bought it along with Madden for school (college kids)

Mory Dunz

Outside of leggy games like recently Splatoon, hasn't the "it was only out for 1 week" argument failed to hold water?

Isn't the typical AAA drop like 70-80% week over week?

I remember Abdiel saying that Until Dawn was undershipped in his district. Not sure if that's true across the entire country and other retailers, though...

Top Bottom