• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

iFSnTVg.png

WwbbjP5.jpg

Give her a year or twelve, they'll get it right for her.

meppi

Stop yelling at me and pressuring me to do something, dad!

(I'm an old man who has dramatically cut back on meat consumption over the years... but I don't see giving it up completely. Thank you. I love you.)

Goddamnit! Eat your damn vegetables!!!

(Old man here myself (I think... Coming up on 41), so yeah, I certainly understand. ;) )

Zach

I'll add it to the list. Any other recommendations from the past week?

Albums with 8+ ratings thus far (from my 150 Greatest Albums by Women project):

Last Splash by The Breeders
A Seat at the Table by Solange
I Am Shelby Lynne by Shelby Lynne
Broken English by Marianne Faithfull
Tidal by Fiona Apple
Hejira by Joni Mitchell
Cut by The Slits
Young, Gifted and Black by Aretha Franklin
Transgender Dysphoria Blues by Against Me!
Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt >_>

Hex

Banned
A thought that popped up in my mind since the Miz gif came up. I get the impression that Miz is probably a pretty decent guy off camera. When was the last time you heard of Miz doing something fucking stupid on twitter or getting shit backstage? Miz strikes me as someone who probably ends up being a pretty okay dude once the cameras turn off and he drops his character.

Either that or he's really good at hiding that he's a piece of shit

Honestly people I have spoken to in person and honestly most places I have read online say that he is a genuinely good guy, thankful for where he is and a hard worker.
Even people I have spoken to back from the old Road Rules days at stupid events that come through over the years have nothing bad to say.

jmdajr

Infinite was ok. Got it as a free ps plus game.

Didn't finish it thought.

and I FORCED myself to finish the original. I just never found it fun.

I didn't hate infinite, I just didn't like the final boss fight. It has one major design flaw
The whole game you don't have to worry about dying because you respawn right away. Yet during the final battle if you die you have to redo the entire fight.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
still no Lucha Underground on netflix here

fuck knows why, its not on any channel in Portugal as far as I know, so it cant be a "tv rights" thing.

fuck everything.

jmdajr

This Ric Flair news sucks. I feel like something similar happened to Dusty. All of a sudden the wheels just came flying off.

Guys, I've got the tv on in the background showing something called Pro Kabaddi, it appears to be an Indian sport of dudes trying to overcome the odds in some kind of tackling clusterfuck.

So to tie this back to WWE, book this for Jinder, it'll put butts in seats.

A thought that popped up in my mind since the Miz gif came up. I get the impression that Miz is probably a pretty decent guy off camera. When was the last time you heard of Miz doing something fucking stupid on twitter or getting shit backstage? Miz strikes me as someone who probably ends up being a pretty okay dude once the cameras turn off and he drops his character.

Either that or he's really good at hiding that he's a piece of shit
Miz is more of an actor than a wrestler. He needs to act when needed. On a different note I'm waiting to see what picks he took in fantasy football since he's a junkie in that.

Menome

Albums with 8+ ratings thus far (from my 150 Greatest Albums by Women project):

Last Splash by The Breeders
A Seat at the Table by Solange
I Am Shelby Lynne by Shelby Lynne
Broken English by Marianne Faithfull
Tidal by Fiona Apple
Hejira by Joni Mitchell
Cut by The Slits
Young, Gifted and Black by Aretha Franklin
Transgender Dysphoria Blues by Against Me!
Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt >_>

Cut is a bona fide 9/10 classic. I've never been a big fan of No Doubt, so Tragic Kingdom is maybe a 6/10?

I'll have a listen to the others and undermine the rest of your rankings in due course.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speaking of Miz, im shocked noone posted the gif of his exchange with Corbin given the circumstances

Menome

I heard the DLC fucked up the entire series though, and that's always fun.

As someone who would have given the original Bioshock a 7/10 even at the time, the DLC's complete wankfest of it was a severe let-down.

The main campaign of Bioshock Infinite remains my favourite of the series and was one of my Top 10 for 2013.

Zach

Cut is a bona fide 9/10 classic. I've never been a big fan of No Doubt, so Tragic Kingdom is maybe a 6/10?

I'll have a listen to the others and undermine the rest of your rankings in due course.
I think some of my likey like stems from enjoying it as a youth. A 6 out of 10 seems fair.

Top Bottom