• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Acchi Kocchi ep.4-6
This show is a ton of fun to watch. The characters are good and the scenerios are very entertaining. It's also got a large level of cuteness which helps, lol.

Hagi

Understood. In that case I'll be honest and say this is my first ahaha. It's turning out to be one of my favourite shows. Build Fighters, from what I watched of it, is completely different from it. I hear I shouldn't approach the sequels though lol

Try has some cool stuff in it so I wouldn't entirely write it off. The cast is a downgrade though and they added a lot of needless drama. The team battle aspect was quite the bust as well, they didn't really do anything interesting with it. I didn't hate it but it was certainly a step down from Build Fighters.

You should watch build fighters try for Sakai. He has one of the seasons best moments.

Such a terrible character. Series should have been a proper sequel or followed Yuuki like Amazing does.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nisemonogatari Episode 2:

Every time Sengoku appears I just get really uncomfortable, even more so then any of Araragi's interactions with Kanbaru, who speaking of which seems to have been hit with an informed trait given her levels of perversion focus.

phaze

Every time Sengoku appears I just get really uncomfortable, even more so then any of Araragi's interactions with Kanbaru, who speaking of which seems to have been hit with an informed trait given her levels of perversion focus.

Shard vs Nisemonogatari ? This won't end well at all.

Hagi

Not a fan of AKINO, I suppose? I liked her Aquarion songs.

I didn't see anything particularly wrong with the CG though.

I had to actually look up the OP for Aquarion because it's been like 9 years since I watched it but nah not a fan.

The CG is just down to preference really. I'm not the type to generally hate CG in anime, I just think in this instance aesthetically it's ugly.

edit: this is by the Geass director? hmm might have to give it the 3 ep treatment then

Jarmel

Banned
Wow it looks like Kise might be actually done. The second part is scheduled to release in the summer of 2016. I was expecting a year gap between each part.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 442 – The Mutual Path
CWcJjaQWIAA0ktE.png

Was wondering if we would get to Shippuden versions of characters and we did. That was a pleasing way to get everyone to train in the three year time span by sending them off. They didnt even have Sasuke go through with the curse mark and Lord Orochimaru stuff even.

Still he ends up going down the other path wholly thinking of Naruto.

The part 1 moments were best, Naruto blushing even.
CWcI1nCWwAAa6uT.png
CWcI1ioXAAMBx8L.png

That's the correct reaction to Nadeko.

Kotetsujo no Kabaneri PV
Spring 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZGjYjCnkLw

Actually, it's not a mecha show.
Official site for more info:
http://kabaneri.com/

Wow I looked it up expecting an adaptation but it's an original thing, don't think I can give it the benefit of the doubt of not being an AoT clone lol

Wow I looked it up expecting an adaptation but it's an original thing, don't think I can give it the benefit of the doubt of not being an AoT clone lol

It's the director of Attack on Titan with the composer of Attack on Titan at the studio of Attack on Titan doing a show which looks exactly like Attack on Titan. Guess they just couldn't wait for season 2!

Jarmel

Banned
It's the director of Attack on Titan with the composer of Attack on Titan at the studio of Attack on Titan doing a show which looks exactly like Attack on Titan. Guess they just couldn't wait for season 2!

Considering the productions for these are certainly overlapping, waiting wasn't the issue.

Oh and the animators are the same too, Asano is one of the two chief ADs. Not to mention Yuuki Kaiji probably voicing the lead. This shit is hilarious.

duckroll

Kotetsujo no Kabaneri PV
Spring 2016

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Wow. I think it looks really good but.... erm......

The director of Attack on Titan, and the studio animating Attack on Titan, and a bunch of staff who worked on Attack on Titan.... is making an original anime which looks like...... Not-Attack on Titan. Wut? It's just.... erm.... why?

Considering the productions for these are certainly overlapping, waiting wasn't the issue.

Oh and the animators are the same too, Asano is one of the two chief ADs. Not to mention Yuuki Kaiji probably voicing the lead. This shit is hilarious.

The other writer attached to the show also wrote a bunch of AoT episodes.

Attack on Titan S2 and Kōtetsujō no Kabaneri were announced less than a week apart in November 2014, so they were probably greenlit around the same time. I guess when noitamina wanted to rip off the most popular anime of the last several years, they figured they might as well go right to the source!

The lead is being voiced by Tasuku Hatanaka, though, although Kaji is in the cast.

duckroll

OH. I know what this reminds me of! It reminds me of that one time, when SCEJA announced that they were making a brand new animu style Hunting game on Vita called Freedom Wars, and it looked a hell lot like God Eater, and then they announced it was developed by the folks who made God Eater for Bandai Namco Games!

Squishy3

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Wow. I think it looks really good but.... erm......

The director of Attack on Titan, and the studio animating Attack on Titan, and a bunch of staff who worked on Attack on Titan.... is making an original anime which looks like...... Not-Attack on Titan. Wut? It's just.... erm.... why?

The other writer attached to the show also wrote a bunch of AoT episodes.
Probably so they can race the author to see who gets to the basement first

I think it looks great and the heavy steampunk emphasis restoration-era Japan is way cooler than AoT. AoT also gets kinda bad so I'm down for them doing their own thing.

I wonder how many people who liked S1 of AoT will turn on S2.

I must say, when noitamina announced that Araki and Okouchi were making an original anime for the timeslot, I thought it was going to be a clone of Guilty Crown, not Attack on Titan.

I guess this is better?

JCG

I must say, when noitamina announced that Araki and Okouchi were making an original anime for the timeslot, I thought it was going to be a clone of Guilty Crown, not Attack on Titan.

I guess this is better?

I'd also presume it will be better than that, at the very least, but I wouldn't expect the premise and its narrative to reach anything beyond the level of an ultra-violent 1980s OVA.

To make a random guess, I suppose they won't have the protagonist (is this even an AoT spoiler at this point? )
become a Titan
though. That and having a train be the apparent center of the action might be their most distinguishing element. Nothing else really comes to mind at the moment.

In any case, I won't be rushing to watching it. I'll let about half the season pass and see if the buzz turns out to be good or not.

Same time as JoJo part 4 and probably Soma s2 (probably.) Shits lookin packed

Spring indeed is already confirmed to be having a bunch of interesting looking shows.

My Hero Academia
Jojo: Diamond is Unbreakable
Bungou Stray Dogs
Joker Game
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Kumamiko
This Kotetsujo no Kabaneri thing now, I guess

Active Raid PV2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRmY926Z_ik
This will be another IMS split cour show.

Can't say I'm enjoying the CG mechs here as good as they were in Comet Lucifer, but we'll see how it turns out as it goes.

Kotetsujo no Kabaneri PV
Spring 2016

Yep, that looks like Attack on Titan all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom