• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably so they can race the author to see who gets to the basement first

I think it looks great and the heavy steampunk emphasis restoration-era Japan is way cooler than AoT. AoT also gets kinda bad so I'm down for them doing their own thing.

I wonder how many people who liked S1 of AoT will turn on S2.
I can't get over how much I hate the main design for the male lead.

Tell me what you want about attack on Titan but at least the characters didn't look like they raided a Japanese accessories store like every other Anime. They had a uniform. That's it.

Can't say I'm enjoying the CG mechs here as good as they were in Comet Lucifer, but we'll see how it turns out as it goes.

I think the quality of the CG animation itself is as good as it is in Comet Lucifer (they're both Orange after all), but the art direction in Active Raid is much, much worse, which is why it looks uglier.

I guess it will probably make up for the weaker next season

Hey, next season is going to have AOTY 2016, so it can't be that bad.

Ascheroth

Understood. In that case I'll be honest and say this is my first ahaha. It's turning out to be one of my favourite shows. Build Fighters, from what I watched of it, is completely different from it. I hear I shouldn't approach the sequels though lol

Try is weaker then the first season, but it's still has some cool moments.

Kotetsujo no Kabaneri PV
Spring 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZGjYjCnkLw

Actually, it's not a mecha show.
Official site for more info:
http://kabaneri.com/

I could have sworn I've seen this already. :p
Anyway, this looks cool. I'm not really a fan of what will become AoTs second season, so I'm quite interested in how a different take on the same thing will turn out.

they're good background characters

Karen Bee and Tsukihi Phoenix weren't good by any means.

I feel pretty much the same about Kanbaru. She's excellent as a side character but as the main I don't like her as much. That's probably why I like Tsuki over Hana

Both those are way better then the Fire Sisters arcs

JCG

Oh almost forget Okouchi wrote Guilty Crown too(though not the main writer).

Yes, since that was mostly Yoshino. Okouchi wrote the only episode of GC I ever liked, so I can't get too angry at him for that.

I'm not saying it's legitimately going to be good, I'm excited to see what dumb turns it can possibly take that Isayama dreams he could match.

I just assume it'll be good at providing despair/tragedy/gore exploitation. Like many 1980s OVA productions.

So the show is gonna shit the bed in the second half?

Well, that's true of Valvrave S2 but I actually love the second half of Planetes and Geass had a good ending after all the twists and turns. Not that I'm expecting the same from this upcoming project though, since it's going for something else (see above), but who knows?

phaze

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 442 – The Mutual Path
CWcJjaQWIAA0ktE.png

Was wondering if we would get to Shippuden versions of characters and we did. That was a pleasing way to get everyone to train in the three year time span by sending them off. They didnt even have Sasuke go through with the curse mark and Lord Orochimaru stuff even.

Still he ends up going down the other path wholly thinking of Naruto.

The part 1 moments were best, Naruto blushing even.
CWcI1nCWwAAa6uT.png
CWcI1ioXAAMBx8L.png

Wait what ? Does this shitty filler rehash of the story now have a timeskip of its own ?
user222437_pic71490_12brbb.png

Squishy3

I feel pretty much the same about Kanbaru. She's excellent as a side character but as the main I don't like her as much. That's probably why I like Tsuki over Hana

Both those are way better then the Fire Sisters arcs
i liked tsukihi phoenix but karen bee lasted waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and didn't have enough kaiki

JCG

I think the quality of the CG animation itself is as good as it is in Comet Lucifer (they're both Orange after all), but the art direction in Active Raid is much, much worse, which is why it looks uglier.

Not a huge fan of the basic designs, but I think the hero suits looks nice enough in motion. Admittedly, the disposable enemy grunts aren't anything special. I presume they'll have different ones every other week.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Wow. I think it looks really good but.... erm......

The director of Attack on Titan, and the studio animating Attack on Titan, and a bunch of staff who worked on Attack on Titan.... is making an original anime which looks like...... Not-Attack on Titan. Wut? It's just.... erm.... why?

The other writer attached to the show also wrote a bunch of AoT episodes.

Had the same reaction. I understand cashing in on successful properties but this goes right into absurd territory.

Either way, first impressions are decent if you disregard the AoT likeness thought I'm doubting the world building will be nearly as good as in AoT.

Hey, with ONE's art style you could make a really low budget anime adaptation and it'd probably still turn out alright. Get Akitaro Daichi on it and you're set.

No.

even if the comedy and writing would be just fine with shitty animation I still want sweet ONE action scenes.

And my understanding is that this has some. But I gotta read it.

Squishy3

Some more details on Kabaneri:

While the Industrial Revolution was going to mark the change between the modern and contemporary times in the world, an immortal monster suddenly appeared. Unless you destroy its heart that is covered up by a steel membrane, it won't perish. It is also said that when a person bitten by the monster die, the person will revive and attack his own kind. Known as Corpses (kabane), their number has been increased explosively, spreading themselves all over the world.

One day, the people of Hinomoto which is a Far Eastern island country were to build forts called "stations" (eki) in order to counter the threat of the Corpses. By shutting themselves up they somehow manage to survive. The only way to enter or leave a station is by using an armored steam locomotive (aka Hayajiro). Each stations somehow kept life by lending their product.

In the station Aragane there's a boy named Ikoma who's living by manufacturing steam engines. While he was developing his own weapon called the "Piercing Gun Barrel" with the intention of defeating the Corpses, he was looking forward to the day when he can show his skills to the world.

So they're zombie Oni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom