• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Bet: Will Xbox Series Consoles Outsell PS5 in September 2023?

Will Xbox Series Consoles Outsell PS5 in September 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChiefDada

Gold Member
September is shaping up to be very interesting considering the highly anticipated launch of Starfield on Xbox side and the release of the Spiderman 2 bundle ahead of the October game release for PS5. Which console do you think will come out on top?

Avatar choices pending and open to suggestions. Avatars must remain for 3 months subsequent to Circana NPD release.

Edit: Please note, this is based off of US sales only

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
When OP hasn’t console warred in 5 minutes

n08A8NO.jpg

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Are you talking worldwide, or just the U.S. here? It sounds like it's just the U.S. if only NPD/Circana is being used to measure the September 2023 sales.

Yep, US. I don't think it would be fair/appropriate towards Xbox if we judged worldwide and it will/should make numbers much closer and interesting.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Doubtful. PS5 demand is really high and combine that with the price drop and potential slim announcement the XSX has no chance.

You can counter that with:

1. Starfield being the biggest game of the generation by many people's account. I recall Xbox outselling PS5 during the release period of Halo Infinite. Starfield is much more anticipated imo.

2. PS5 being at a much higher saturation, i.e. most people who want a PS5 likely have one.

which is why I think September is much more of a toss up than we've had in quite some time.

killatopak

Any other year I would say yes but Spiderman is big. I haven't played any of those games yet but I do recognize how massive it is especially for casuals.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I don't think so.

It's releasing on PC same day, plus Spider-Man drops that month for PS5.

I'm not going to Avatar bet it because I lost my last bet (even though it technically wasn't a bet), which is why I have the "dickless" tag (mods, please have mercy and remove that tag 🙏)

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Any other year I would say yes but Spiderman is big. I haven't played any of those games yet but I do recognize how massive it is especially for casuals.

But Spiderman doesn't come out until late October. Starfield releases first week of September.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I don't think so.

It's releasing on PC same day, plus Spider-Man drops that month for PS5.

I'm not going to Avatar bet it because I lost my last bet (even though it technically wasn't a bet), which is why I have the "dickless" tag (mods, please have mercy and remove that tag 🙏)

Spiderman releases late October. If it released in September, I wouldn't have bothered with the poll because it wouldn't be compelling. Also, console experience might be smoother than PC at least for the first month or so if history is any indication.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Besides about any store I go into I see PS5s everywhere and no Series consoles so atm unless something dramatically changes the Xbox doesn't have the stock to even compete

Failure to ramp up hardware production to support your most anticipated game in years is unheard of in the history of console industry. I have a hard time believing this is true. Otherwise, I'm truly lost as to what MS is doing.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I'm skipping out on this one, my current avatar finishes on Starfield release and I would like go back to using my old one for like more than a month before I get stuck with anouther lol.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think xbox will have their most successful month since launch but not Sony levels leading up to niche man...especially if the ps5 has a continued price cut.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
You know what, screw it I am saying that Series consoles WILL surpass PS5 sales for September. And since I lean heavily towards PS, I will let my best friend Riky Riky choose my Avatar if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom