• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

Well he certainly isn't the type of neutral that can look for his target each night since Trigger is under the impression that Hugo has known who he was from the start.
in this case it's not about finding trigger
it's about finding people who could potentially get rid of trigger/providing lynch targets that aren't trigger every day

Fireblend

Banned
in this case it's not about finding trigger
it's about finding people who could potentially get rid of trigger/providing lynch targets that aren't trigger every day

This sounds unlikely, I highly doubt the neutral would have anything to help him protect Trigger. Sounds too easy?

Sorian

Banned
This sounds unlikely, I highly doubt the neutral would have anything to help him protect Trigger. Sounds too easy?

Even if he did, I can't think of a reason why Strange would target Kark that night with anything aside from just a random guess, but yes, I agree which is why I'm of the opinion that Coppa is scum or town, he definitely isn't Strange because I'd be extremely surprised if Strange had any type of night ability.

Camjo-Z

Strange is already somewhere on the Sorian lynch or he would have just hammered and won when he was at 6 votes.

Coppanuva
CornBurrito
weemadarthur
LaunchpadMcQ

Take your pick.

roytheone

coppanuva (4)
sorian 2388
xamtheking 2394 (2567)
fireblend 2450 (2608)
karu 2503
ty4on 2735
xamtheking 2749

sorian (5)
camjo-z 2420 (2765)
weemadarthur 2423 (2493)
coppanuva 2433
cornburrito 2477
el topo 2547
weemadarthur 2561
launchpadmcq 2563 (2612)
launchpadmcq 2710 (2868)
camjo-z 2781

weemadarthur (0)
el topo 2448 (2547)
ty4on 2451 (2482)
ty4on 2674 (2735)

fireblend (0)
ty4on 2482 (2537)

ty4on (1)
launchpadmcq 2498 (2563)
xamtheking 2567 (2749)
fireblend 2608

trigger (0)
ty4on 2537 (2674)

xamtheking (0)
trigger 2688 (2756)

7 votes are needed for majority!
bla_1460494800.png

Sorian

Banned
Wait, needs more than three. I really hope this isn't the case :S

Still a risky gambit and I town read Launch. Really clever if true though.

lol

No way, that would be way too amazing. I'm sorry Launch, but I don't think you have that move in you.

Sorian

Banned
So did Launch ever explicitly say he didn't want Trigger to be part of his plan on D2? Man it'd be hilarious if he was Strange.

I went back to make sure (I was kind of lazy though, only searched for Launch posts where the word Trigger was used), but no, he never specifically asked for or denied access to Trigger's involvement in his list.

Sorian

Banned
I'm not sure I understand this exchange.

When Launch was originally trying to coax people into opting into that group investigation, he said his magic number was 3 people. This was on day 2 so a list of 3 people with one "non-town" in it would be just good enough to cruise through to day 5 without worry of Trigger getting lynched if Launch convinced us to just keep scratching names off the list.

When Launch was originally trying to coax people into opting into that group investigation, he said his magic number was 3 people. This was on day 2 so a list of 3 people with one "non-town" in it would be just good enough to cruise through to day 5 without worry of Trigger getting lynched if Launch convinced us to just keep scratching names off the list.

Oh my.

Well, no, I can assure you my list is legit.

Sorian

Banned
Come on, Strange. Just townside. It's easy!

To be fair, this Strange role is pretty town-sided on the surface. Doing everything in it's power to make sure people don't mislynch on Batman. It sounds easy by itself though, Trigger claims one shot BP and how would we ever mislynch Batman, the second that claim comes up, people are going to jump off that vote immediately.

To be fair, this Strange role is pretty town-sided on the surface. Doing everything in it's power to make sure people don't mislynch on Batman. It sounds easy by itself though, Trigger claims one shot BP and how would we ever mislynch Batman, the second that claim comes up, people are going to jump off that vote immediately.

But we lose our tracker on Day 5 unless we catch him. It kind of makes sense in its way.

Ty4on

I'm not sure I understand this exchange.

D2 Launch wanted to have a bunch of people (including Kark) voting on Camjo and revealed that his role meant something would happen the next day. At one point he specified wanting at least 3 people voting, but not more than 5. He also said it would happen regardless of whether he survived the night.
The next day he revealed his full ability and that he saw scum voting for Camjo.

Now if Launch is Strange that's a clever gambit. Regardless scum doesn't really want to NK him (either get town voting out town or don't tell town he's actually caught scum) and he's stopping town from lynching him and Trigger until he wins the game.
The issue is it puts extra attention on him and scum could have thought he bluffed about the report coming regardless.

D2 Launch wanted to have a bunch of people (including Kark) voting on Camjo and revealed that his role meant something would happen the next day. At one point he specified wanting at least 3 people voting, but not more than 5. He also said it would happen regardless of whether he survived the night.
The next day he revealed his full ability and that he saw scum voting for Camjo.

Now if Launch is Strange that's a clever gambit. Regardless scum doesn't really want to NK him (either get town voting out town or don't tell town he's actually caught scum) and he's stopping town from lynching him and Trigger until he wins the game.
The issue is it puts extra attention on him and scum could have thought he bluffed about the report coming regardless.

Are you bringing Kark into this because we were suspecting her was Batman? Because Strange knows who is Batman, according to Trigger.

No, Kark is completely irrelevant. I just pointed out that he was the one you most wanted to vote for Camjo.

So, basically raise up a stink about 3 irrelevant players in the hopes of having them be the center of attention for a few phases.

Yeah, this is a little bonkers. I didn't do this. lol

Sorian

Banned
So, basically raise up a stink about 3 irrelevant players in the hopes of having them be the center of attention for a few phases.

Yeah, this is a little bonkers. I didn't do this. lol

I kind of hope you did do it >_>

You would completely deserve the win if so.

Sorian

Banned
Anyone wanna lynch Trigger so we all live another day and force Strange to out himself?

I doubt Strange would out themselves at this point, they are probably just hoping that we would consider it stupid to lynch our own tracker. I'm prone to agree.

Here's an idea. Instead of gambling on a 50/50 between Ty and Coppa, why don't we lynch Sorian who is almost certainly scum?

Dude was hammerable right after Trigger's claim today. Yet no hammer. Nobody but me and Xam find that the least bit suspicious?

Here's an idea. Instead of gambling on a 50/50 between Ty and Coppa, why don't we lynch Sorian who is almost certainly scum?

Dude was hammerable right after Trigger's claim today. Yet no hammer. Nobody but me and Xam find that the least bit suspicious?

That's what I said, but then again, Sorian will still be here next phase. Strange won't.

Camjo-Z

No, I've been finding it pretty suspicious. weemad revealing a fake curse threw me off yesterday, but ultimately the lack of any scum going for the easy gamewinning turbo is what's keeping me on him. And I don't believe that the scum team just happened to not move on the exact nights Trigger tracked them, so I don't think all of their votes are already on Sorian.

Sorian

Banned
Except this still isn't a gamewinning turbo. Why would anyone risk losing over impatience and a pipe dream provided from a batman claim. If scum is 4 people, they've probably been sitting here assuming that they need two mislynches to win, how convenient that someone comes along and let's them know that there will potentially be 3 people exiting the game instead of just the one NK which tidys that down to one more mislynch. It sounds too convenient and unbelievable to me. In this scenario, that would mean there are 4 people behind the scenes weighing the pros and cons here, I highly doubt scum would hammer me.

Fireblend

Banned
I personally don't think Trigger is lying, but I see a scum team that may, and turboing Sorian in the hopes that they just outright win could sound too good to be true. If I was scum and Sorian was town I know I'd be having woof 2 flashbacks and having second thoughts about executing any greedy plays :p

I agree it's curious though. Regardless of Sorian's alignment, I believe the vote to be split, and if he's town I'm sure scum team could just be waiting for a precocious townie to bring down the hammer in their place, with the position Sorian is in (he's still at 6, right?). It'd be a matter of staying the course over gambling on the greedy play Trigger "offered" them.

Sorian

Banned
I personally don't think Trigger is lying, but I see a scum team that may, and turboing Sorian in the hopes that they just outright win could sound too good to be true. If I was scum and Sorian was town I know I'd be having woof 2 flashbacks and having second thoughts about executing any greedy plays :p

I agree it's curious though. Regardless of Sorian's alignment, I believe the vote to be split, and if he's town I'm sure scum team could just be waiting for a precocious townie to bring down the hammer in their place, with the position Sorian is in (he's still at 6, right?). It'd be a matter of staying the course over gambling on the greedy play Trigger "offered" them.

I'm at 5 again. Launch keeps unvoting and re-voting.

I've found it suspicious, and accounted for the scum team not doing the last vote because they don't want to lose his power. But my argument has been mostly dismissed as stupid. Still, I think the verbal flailing around from multiple players is indicative of scum.

Sorian

Banned
I've found it suspicious, and accounted for the scum team not doing the last vote because they don't want to lose his power. But my argument has been mostly dismissed as stupid. Still, I think the verbal flailing around from multiple players is indicative of scum.

Corn is arguing that I can't be town because if I was a juicy mislynch then scum could just hammer now and end the game. You are arguing that I am scum with a super special role and scum isn't hammering me for the free townie points because reasons. You both have different cases and while I don't agree with Corn's, it at least makes some sense. Yours is just ridiculous, as if scum would all expose themselves trying to protect a teammate this late in the game based only on an ability.

Sorian

Banned
So, no other discussion then? I'll pose this question again:

I want to ask what are your intentions if I flip town, scum, or neutral.

Intentions being your reads <shocked gasps as Topo faints> of other people in each of those situations. Maybe this time I won't get some weird nonsensical answer.

Camjo-Z

So, no other discussion then? I'll pose this question again:

Intentions being your reads <shocked gasps as Topo faints> of other people in each of those situations. Maybe this time I won't get some weird nonsensical answer.

if you flip town: we lose
if you flip maf: i proceed to go after everyone else on my scum list

very simple yes

Ty4on

If you flip scum that would be nice. The role would also be helpful, especially if Kark was right and you indeed hit yourself. If Trigger is confirmed then wee is almost cleared.

Hard to say what I'd do if you flipped town. It'd shake up my reads, especially if Trigger is confirmed as well because that semi-clears a lot of unclaimed people.

If the neutral Trigger is talking about then great. Would also shake up my reads, but the taste in my mouth wouldn't be so horrible. If you flip a different neutral I don't wanna think about it.

The role block on N1 kinda bothers me though. Scum's kill seemed to have gone through and they also seemed to find an unclaimed power role. It's far from impossible and you being the vote stealer is still possible. The doubt is there though.

Sorian

Banned
if you flip town: we lose
if you flip maf: i proceed to go after everyone else on my scum list

very simple yes

Ok smart guy, and what is your scum list? Still just people voting for Sorian = good and people voting for Coppa = bad?

If you flip scum that would be nice. The role would also be helpful, especially if Kark was right and you indeed hit yourself. If Trigger is confirmed then wee is almost cleared.

Hard to say what I'd do if you flipped town. It'd shake up my reads, especially if Trigger is confirmed as well because that semi-clears a lot of unclaimed people.

If the neutral Trigger is talking about then great. Would also shake up my reads, but the taste in my mouth wouldn't be so horrible. If you flip a different neutral I don't wanna think about it.

The role block on N1 kinda bothers me though. Scum's kill seemed to have gone through and they also seemed to find an unclaimed power role. It's far from impossible and you being the vote stealer is still possible. The doubt is there though.

How is wee almost cleared with a Trigger confirmation? (Oh because of the tracking? Does the same not go for Corn? Trying to figure out the difference there). Who did Kark role block N2, I forget? (Going and checking now anyway).

Sorian

Banned
Oh here we go:

I roleblocked Sorian N1, and Karu N2.

Coincidentally, the vote theft thing didn't happen N1, but happened N2.

I'm going to guess Sorian targeted himself with the vote theft thing on N2.

Meh, I think this is what caused Karu to fall off my radar a bit (though hassling him and getting very straight forward answers with little to argue also didn't help). Not like the roleblocking is as big a deal as the tracking though, just means Karu didn't kill N2, he could still be mafia with another role. The tracking is more conclusive since those two appeared to do nothing and with no scum dead, I doubt anyone is just staying at home scratching their butt.

Sorian

Banned
That's about the gist of it. Tell me, is there someone you'd be willing to go for that's not on Launch's list?

I don't really care about Launch's list at this point so let me make myself clear here first:

Camjo: I still stand by what I said about the override without any other counter is 100% a town clear, town

Coppa: Beaten this to death, his unwillingness to play ball with real activity and his half a claim "I'm a sleepwalker......and I'll leave you hanging otherwise" I think he is scum.

El Topo: Cleared by TL21 imo, town

Fireblend: I know it's partially my fault that he's been skating in the background because I town read him so heavily. The fact that he is still alive is odd to me only because usually town reads are the first to go though Topo is still here no problem as well so that may not mean much. All I really have is gut on this. I'm backed into a corner and I always try to look for the scum in the situation that will be ready to say "hey, I knew he was town, that's why I wasn't voting for him, told you so" Fire is the only one not on me that fits that bill. It's really all I have on him though so take that how you will, logic says probably town (maybe Strange) but gut says scum.

Karu: We're on day 4 now and I still think of Karu as a basic null read. His response to me last time I asked that "what would you all do if I flipped whichever way" is still extremely weird and he never came back to say anything on it when I questioned him (Trigger's claim took up a lot of attention this morning though). If we were in any position to policy lynch, Karu is the shining example of it but we aren't in that position at all.

Corn: Corn is actually my real guess for Strange. Pop took a very hands off approach to play and obviously he was busier than normal but Trigger never found himself in any hot water so why interject when you don't need to? Plus he took no action night 3 which indicates either no night ability or a skipped night for whatever reason. I doubt Strange has any night ability. I write that and maybe he is the joker role too but my head went to Strange first because if he wasn't doing the vote/role block thing then he probably would have been doing the kill instead.

Launch: I really don't know. Ask me at different times and sometimes I believe his list and sometimes I don't. If he is lying about the list, he is probably scum but it's so out of left field that I don't know if a scum would have done this gambit on day 2. More often then not I trust him so no here.

Trigger: Batman claim, not really much more to be said, probably town.

Ty4on: Nothing really clearing him as town, claimed ordinary today which is an easy claim of course and fairly safe with the tracker outed and set to die tonight but he has played a smart game. He is probably blending the best if he is scum. I don't think I'd pursue him first but he would be a real option for me if numbers started to dwindle. Could also fall into the "I told you so" category that I talked about above with Fire for when I flip town.

weemad: I've been knocking you a lot and I apologize. With that said though, these gambits aren't gleaning much and as Camjo pointed out, I think the limerick thing did more harm than good because it's messed up expectations of how strong or weak the scum team is as far as predictions go. The constant aha moments (Ty4on and Sorian must be scum because they didn't believe the limerick thing and only scum would know its not a scum power and Xam and Sorian knew Strange was a neutral when Trigger never said that!) followed by the nevermind moments (the limerick thing meant nothing once it fell under the tiniest bit of scrutiny and anyone reading trigger's explanation should have guessed neutral Strange based on his knowing of the player with the batman role since the start). It's a lot of stumbling that seems too much in the spotlight which makes me doubt scum is here.

Xam: Doctor claim, I buy it. He's still alive and he hasn't prevented a kill so those are points against him but it's not the first link I'd want to break.

So I guess to answer your question, varying levels of suspicion to Coppa, Fire, Karu, Corn, and Ty4on. Corn feels like the neutral to me and I don't really think going for possible Strange today is our best bet plus if he isn't strange, he is probably just ordinary gcpd. Removing Coppa and Ty4on because they are on the list and you didn't want them. So that leaves me with Fire and Karu. (Sorry for the long-ish post, a lot of this was me actually thinking through the remaining players and really getting my thoughts out in order and on paper).

So yeah, I'd be willing to go for Karu and Fire but one feels like a policy lynch which doesn't seem like a pressing matter at the moment and I haven't seen a lot of evidence against Fire, I went back and looked and he seemed like a fairly good town read, most of my issue comes in just from today where he has been acting different, mostly how he got defensive when I accused him of coasting.

Ty4on

How is wee almost cleared with a Trigger confirmation? (Oh because of the tracking? Does the same not go for Corn? Trying to figure out the difference there). Who did Kark role block N2, I forget? (Going and checking now anyway).
Because of you being blocked plus Wee not moving. We don't know yet for sure if you were blocked last night.

Top Bottom