• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Furyous

Bigg K 30'd Math and it is a brutal 30. Math does not seem the same person since the aura is gone and you can see it in this battle. The bully tactics don't work anymore. Math tried in the third round as he leaned into K to hear the bars and had security ask him if he was okay during the round.

Bigg K with the 30 on Math effectively showing us why Math cannot battle on URL. Ain't nobody trying to hear his bars in 2015 and he's living off legacy at this point. Diz somewhere smiling after hearing about this battle.

mileS

Haven't seen him vs Bigg K but Math was on fire against Chilla Jones when they battled on Don't Flop 6 months ago. Pretty sure this is his first battle since then, could be wrong.

I saw the battle and agree Math lost but I don't think it was quite that ugly. He may have edged the 2nd as well. I definitely think Math can still battle on URL. He's got a pretty good fan base in NY and there's still people waiting on his return. Math vs Chilla is a BOTY contender.

That being said I need to watch the battle again before a final judgement. Math definitely lost steam by the third while K finished strong. Math also had that embarrassing attempt to try and startle K. He definitely should have left that alone smh.

I think Math could pull out a win vs Surf on URL tbh.

I didn't see the battle yet, but Math was good vs. Chilla.

Also, Ill Will killed K-Shine. Second and Third was his. K-Shine did horrible freestyling and tagging in DNA, that was embarrassing.

Nevermind just saw it. Math took a big L from K. He did have bars though.

Furyous

I think Math could pull out a win vs Surf on URL tbh.

I'm not so sure about that because Surf already knows the angles Math will take. He'll talk about ghostwriting and allege that Surf is a snitch like he's done on every interview since the Danny Myers went and discussed the ghostwriting allegations.

Surf has enough angles to come at Math with to wash him after the Bigg K battle. At this point, Math this battle isn't something I want to see because Math wins either way if they battle. If Math wins then Surf didn't use his ghostwriter for the first time. People also say Surf got bullied into battling. If Surf wins then clearly he used a ghostwriter and is still a snitch according to Math so the loss doesn't count.

Math needs to keep battling on smaller leagues and work his way up to KOTD. IF he can win on KOTD possibly in Cali then URL should give him a shot, IF he wins on KOTD. Battle Thesaurus like he was supposed to and avoid using the race angle then he'll be back.

Yeah, Even though I think Math could pull out the win Surf isn't taking Math after locking in Mook. I don't see it happening afterward either unless Surf loses bad and needs a comeback battle. It's just kind of a shame to see all the hype wasted. They had hella back and forth interviews for a minute.

Not mad at Math vs Thesaurus though. Two certified legends in this shit, It's really a battle that should have happened for a long time now. Thesaurus has been extremely consistent and also has a battle of the year contender vs Rone. KOTD should be trying to lock this in for their next event.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
None of Surf's material will work on Math. Math's style is way too diverse and I don't see Surf doing any better than John John at trying to break down Math.

Surf doesn't need to worry about Math, yeah, but him being super extra about Math not being shit is pretty telling that dude knows he's at a disadvantage. Same game Surf plays before every opponent. He will have to go further out of his comfort zone than he ever has in any other battle.

mileS

Awesome. Yeah I've been watching for like 25min and nothing yet. How has the time in between battles been on avg so far? as bad as this?

Yeah JC self destructed. He might have had the best lines of the battle but that's a 3-0 for Ars imo.

The choke in the 2nd was rough and the shit in his 3rd was embarrassing.

mellz

29b2f558b51af3e2d25f81761d4228a4.png

mileS

who are these people in the crowd? first time watching a battle before? and I don't mean just live, like at all

also the guys running the event are too scared to stop these guys. They limit it to 1 round because they fucked up, now they are letting Tony rap all 3 of his rounds into one lmao. He's been rappin for over 10min.

mileS

I was out getting snacks and shit. Math vs Tony was a 1 rounder?

So was Hitman and random dude that sounded like it was his first ever performance.

Now the girl said there will be a 15min wait, then some dude performing, theeen the main event. Who fucking knows if they will make it. At this point I can't see them having full rounds for the main event.

mileS

WOW Hollow said he split his rounds up already. Could have had at least another round from each if its still going. Can't completely blame him but that is bullshit.

could have been such a good battle.. you could tell. both came crazy with it. Battle of the brave ruined a classic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WOW Hollow said he split his rounds up already. Could have had at least another round from each if its still going. Can't completely blame him but that is bullshit.

could have been such a good battle.. you could tell. both came crazy with it.
What happened? They cut it off early?

Yooo this battle was so fucking good. It could have been that dope for 3 rounds if this shit pop up league didnt fuck up the organization from the jump.

Fuck battle of the brave. Still a classic 1 rounder though. Hollow got that 1-0

They mis-managed the time to the point where they had to, impromptu, turn the main event into a 1 rounder. Shit show. This shit could have been a legit classic the way they were rapping.

mileS

They knew ahead of time the PPV would get cut off, by they I mean the dumbass people running the event. The PPV cut off about 30min before the end, because they only booked the PPV to run until 12. No problems with the venue at ALL.... Just the PPV. So anyways, PPV cut out, came back on, they probably managed to squeeze another 30min out of them. they make us sit through a wack ass performance, 15min wait... then have the nerve to get on stage and say Pat Vs Hollow is a 1rounder now (ONLY BECAUSE the PPV was going to cut off in 10min.

Hollow and Pat rap for a good 5-6min each. Crowd goes crazy for a 2nd round. chanting. They talk it over and Hollow said he couldn't because he already split 3 rounds up. Again like I said earlier, given the information given to Hollow beforehand, I don't blame him for splitting his best material all into one round. It's smart. Except at the end you could tell they were able to rock for longer before a cutoff, but obviously couldn't anymore because of that. Who knows when the PPV would have cut off if they kept going, but I bet we could have got 1 more round from each.

Such a shame. A classic ruined. I can't see Hollow accepting a rematch at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hollow must be pissed, perhaps even more pissed than Pat Stay. I always found it a bit sketchy that Hollow would be down to get involved with people who aren't proven yet. And lo and behold, they're amateurs at scheduling and getting shit done. Even the experienced leagues have problems with this from time to time.

Hopefully they get together and do the battle proper for the fans, even if its for free on a street corner somewhere. Both of them seem like stand up enough guys to go through with that. Just sucks for Pat because this was his moment to shine and it turned into a meaningless 1 rounder.

Total Slaughter, Ether, Battle of the Brave, when will these dudes learn?

mileS

Hollow is probably going to be pissed even more so if people start hating on him for not wanting to spit more given the chance he had at the end. Not everyone out there understands what he had to do, and they will hate and they will try to discredit him for it.

mileS

Also, how do you fuck it up THAT bad. Use some common sense and turn a negative into a positive.

If you are running the event, you find out the PPV has a timelimit, can't do shit about it (for whatever reason I don't know, Pretty sure you could extend it anyway with a simple phonecall) what do you do? Before you tell the battlers the PPV would get cut off and you want to change it to a 1rounder, Get them to perform the full battle, record it (obviously) say "come to our shitty youtube channel in a week for the full thing" Get something out of it. Avoid letting your brand go to complete shit. salvage something. Or do something for the poor ol people that actually payed real money for the shit. Upload the video on the PPV site later on.

Thank you Capcom Cup for distracting me and saving the night!

I saw Hollow and Pat. Yo, that could've been great. That sucks.

I heard Arsonal killed JC. Thats too bad, JC was on a run. At least Arsonal pulled it together.

Furyous

I'm too caught up in this Nwx diss record to even process the fuckery that was battle of the brave UK.

Where do you stand on this Shine/NWX vs Dot Mob drama?

Dot Mob literally raised Shine so this seems suspect. Shine left a crew from Harlem, formed Nwx, and started dissing Dot Mob. Rex and Mook can end Shine's career with a solid diss record. They know entirely too much about him and history shows us that person that takes the high road in the beef loses. Ask Ja Rule. Ask 50 Cent and G-Unit with Game. Rex and Mook need to end this before Shine destroys what they built.

It sucks that people are letting $500 checks goad them into destroying relationships built over years all the for sake of publicity.

I'm too caught up in this Nwx diss record to even process the fuckery that was battle of the brave UK.

Where do you stand on this Shine/NWX vs Dot Mob drama?

Dot Mob literally raised Shine so this seems suspect. Shine left a crew from Harlem, formed Nwx, and started dissing Dot Mob. Rex and Mook can end Shine's career with a solid diss record. They know entirely too much about him and history shows us that person that takes the high road in the beef loses. Ask Ja Rule. Ask 50 Cent and G-Unit with Game. Rex and Mook need to end this before Shine destroys what they built.

It sucks that people are letting $500 checks goad them into destroying relationships built over years all the for sake of publicity.

So, this Rex interview on AFM has been the most persuasive side of the argument thus far. Do we know when Shine started throwing shots at Dot Mob? Was it before or after Mook disavowed him? Either way it seems like Rex is taking it hard. It is really weird if Shine couldn't make it to the studio for a record with a Jay Z feature. Like Rex says, Tay made it from Baltimore.

K SHINE feat. RAIN910 - NWX "Use To Be My Dog" (Dot Mob Diss) Shine's response track. Specifically rebuttals parts of that AFM interview with Rex. Actually not a bad track at all and even won over the savage URL youtube comments section. Shine mentions that they didn't bring him onto Gladiator's School and denies that Rex ever took pay cuts to get him booked. Overall I'm still inclined to believe Rex's side of things because it better reflects what we actually saw go down in battles. Shine did switch up to NWX seemingly overnight and afterward we never really saw him on anything DotMob related.

Now back to this BOTBUK fuckery:

Illmaculate essentially bodied the entire event on twitter. I fully agree with MileS. I had some friends come through to watch the PPV so I still would have been tight. But sacrificing the final edit and burning all your attendees to fit the PPV time restrictions was a colossally dumb-as-shit move.

It was never clear who was actually in charge of the event. The girl hosting was definitely not the dude I heard promoting the battle on AFM a few months back. Even the slightest indication that somebody was behind the scenes attempting to actually make this a battle event would have helped tremendously. It's fully got to the point where I cant even be excited about a dope match up if it's on one of these pop up leagues. We've already lost so many classics. There's like a full Bigg K round vs Con we'll most likely never get.

The saddest thing, as well, is that despite everything the crowd were fucking troopers. On their feat for hours listening to some of the most middling grime imaginable and they were still on point for every battle. We might have actually got 3 rounds of a Hollow battle without the crowd inexplicably booing both opponents at some point. There's not enough Charlie Clips handout vodka in the world to compensate everyone who came through live:

smfh.png

On top of all this now it's coming out that sponsors pulled out right before the battle. Not entirely sure if this means that the battlers didn't get fully paid. But its looking like it means the battlers didn't get fully paid. Apparently JC was told this just before getting on stage to battle. Has anyone of these "pop up out of nowhere with a stacked card" type events ever worked? Smfh.

Pat Stay vs Hollow Da Don FULL Battle

Full had to be in all caps or nobody would believe it. The actual battle itself is fire. Hollow killed it. The general consensus seems to have him winning as well. Pat also had great material despite coming with one of the worst lines in recent memory
Donna Da Mom

Just sucks for Pat because this was his moment to shine and it turned into a meaningless 1 rounder.

It really does make his "bet my battle with Hollow in london will top that" line vs Illmac very depressing in retrospect. For him at least. #IllmacStayWinnin #Mac5-0

At the very least, this uk event had some semi rewatchable performances (hollow, hitman, possibly pat)

Ether, the Lux vs mook event, etc. There's literally nothing that I want to watch again, other than daylyt doing daylyt things

mileS

Donna da mom is so bad its good tho. Lol. Despite my hometown Scotia bias, I thought it was even. Both of them fuckin killed it. Hollow said on twitter after the ppv ended he spit a crazy rebuttal and the crowd went nuts. Hollow is that dude. So while it was an even battle for the 1 round, I do believe he would edge it if it was 3 rounds. His rebuttal game is unmatched sometimes. In a even battle sometimes thats all you need to win.

But man... on top of everything some battlers were told they weren't getting paid in full literally right before the battle? That's terrible. Can't wait for some blogs to hear more details about this shit show. Kind of wish the two dudes that set this event up get socked in the face.

mileS

Only caught the first round from the PPV. First time seeing the rest. Crazy. Watching this is making me think of how to narrow down my top 5 of the year. Had a pretty busy year so I forget most of the great ones near the beginning. Quick list I can think of off the top. Forgive me everyone on the lack of URL, need to catch up on that

Best performances
1)Fresco vs The Saurus
2)Dirtbag Dan vs DNA
3)Pass vs Ars (The third round from Pass is probably the biggest body in a long time.)
4)Chilla vs Math
5)Chilla vs Math (see what I did there?)

Caustic vs Bigg K might go somewhere in there but thats what I can think of after 5min lol.

shout outs to the most hilarious battle of year

"Is it gay to duct tape another man in a fantasy where you role play a butt rape"

-Shuffle T

"I hate you so much, if you were a bitch, I'd rape you"

- X Factor

Don Demarco

Top Bottom