• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline Gameplay Trailer leaked [Up: 6 month old build]

modeyv2

Banned
Are you kidding? The fact that this was meant for internal eyes only and not too souped-up graphically means it is probably the most believable trailer I have seen in a while. And it displayed TONS of actual gameplay. I wish we got stuff like this more often!

Good point, it reminds me of the GTA trailers.

Jigolo

I hope the game isn't broken when it launches. This is more appealing to me then BF4 since its giving me vibes of CS. I've never been a fan of 64 players battles and this seems like its cutting the number of players down.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's actually annoying me that I can't find this guy's name. I recognize him but I don't know from what. :(

BouzM_NCAAAXAak.jpg:large

?

J Range

I like the choice of cops and robbers dynamic going on here. The gadgets and stuff in MP is sure to add some cool moments and navigation options to the experience. Maybe I just really like the more relatable palate of scenery with the modern maps, and muscle car etc. The whole war thing gets old.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
The multiplayer totally looks like a BF4 mod

Yeah exactly what I thought.

Plus about the singleplayer, idk much about how it would work in drug bust situations, but are cops allowed to just fucking shoot every criminal despite not having been fired upon? Seemed silly and too over the top.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I like the choice of cops and robbers dynamic going on here. The gadgets and stuff in MP is sure to add some cool moments and navigation options to the experience. Maybe I just really like the more relatable palate of scenery with the modern maps, and muscle car etc. The whole war thing gets old.

I thought Battlefield 3 did a much better presentation job of modern day war versus what was done in BF4. This part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA378g_gD1I

I loved the authentic feel to the game but I felt in BF4 they lost a little of the authentic feel of the modern war theme.

They need to stop with the Michael Bay crap and do more like Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan, more real, more drama, less Transformers.

Just watched it, looks fun. Obviously alpha footage or so.

And yeah. First two guns you see are the same two guns 'Elastic Games' showed in the Police Warfare Kickstarter footage.

So that pretty much confirms that this game = the Police Warfare Kickstarter project.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Now THIS is the type of trailer that you need to prove a game concept. Why is this internal only? I'm hyped now and I was skeptical of the game's concept before.

It's too bad the botched BF4 launch makes me unwilling to get this day 1 but I'm definitely interested.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
found some art, not sure if this is official.

I hope we can play as a S.W.A.T. guy too and not just a miami vice cop.

2014-05-2819_20_06-ba94j11.png

Edit: Since a SWAT guy is on the official key art i really hope we can play as one.

bf-hardline-key-art-evuksq.jpg

SugarDave

Really liked the sound of pretty much everything in that trailer. I would be hyped if not for BF4's launch, colour me cautiously optimistic.

KJRS_1993

This looks like great fun, I can't wait for the actual E3 trailer.
Whether it was leaked intentionally or not (let's be honest, of course it wasn't. Don't be daft.), me seeing it now has only made me the more excited.

todahawk

I have played all the bettlefield games and not one ever worked with 64 players, it is a mess. Maximum player count should be 32-36 on the largest maps.

I play with friends on 16 player servers in Battlefield 2 and 2142 and there the game really shines the most.
Agreed. 64 players is a chaotic (not in a good way) clusterfuck.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
http://www.ea.com/news/battlefield-...-tw-text-site-ramp&cid=21946&ts=1401280573982

STEVE PAPOUTSIS

Vice President and General Manager, Visceral Games
POSTED BY Steve Papoutsis ON May 27, 2014
Battlefield Hardline Coming This Fall

On behalf of everyone at EA and Visceral Games, I’m fired up to confirm our next project – Battlefield Hardline. The game launches this fall and it’s a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love – the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals.

Several years ago, I was at an internal EA meeting in Barcelona with creative leaders from across the company. It was there I met Karl Magnus Troedsson, the GM of DICE, for the first time, and we immediately began talking about games – I’ve always loved Battlefield and KM was a huge fan of Dead Space, which I was working on at the time. We started talking about different ways we could work together, different ways we could take Battlefield and action games in a new direction. It was then that this project that became Battlefield Hardline was born.

There’s been a lot of buzz today about Battlefield Hardline – we’re getting ready for E3 and fans found some details on our website about what we’re working on for the show. We’ve been reading all of your comments and we’re excited to be going into more detail soon on the ways we’re adding new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer and more about how we’re bringing our strengths at Visceral to single player.

I hope you’ll join us for the official world premiere on June 9 at Noon PDT, and sign up for updates on the new game at our web site www.battlefield.com/hardline.

meanspartan

Why aren't more trailers (well, previews really) like this released on purpose?

This actually informed me about the game with a good amount of real gameplay to boot. The only time CGI teasers get me even remotely excited is when they announce a game I had no idea was coming, which is becoming more and more rare in the internet age where everything leaks. For instance, I woulda been stoked by the Battlefront announcement, except we all knew about it before the press conference.

So why the fuck did they pull this? Leave it up! This got me legit excited for a new Battlefield even though BF4 totally dropped the ball.

Nokterian

http://www.ea.com/news/battlefield-...-tw-text-site-ramp&cid=21946&ts=1401280573982

STEVE PAPOUTSIS

Vice President and General Manager, Visceral Games
POSTED BY Steve Papoutsis ON May 27, 2014
Battlefield Hardline Coming This Fall

On behalf of everyone at EA and Visceral Games, I’m fired up to confirm our next project – Battlefield Hardline. The game launches this fall and it’s a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love – the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals.

Several years ago, I was at an internal EA meeting in Barcelona with creative leaders from across the company. It was there I met Karl Magnus Troedsson, the GM of DICE, for the first time, and we immediately began talking about games – I’ve always loved Battlefield and KM was a huge fan of Dead Space, which I was working on at the time. We started talking about different ways we could work together, different ways we could take Battlefield and action games in a new direction. It was then that this project that became Battlefield Hardline was born.

There’s been a lot of buzz today about Battlefield Hardline – we’re getting ready for E3 and fans found some details on our website about what we’re working on for the show. We’ve been reading all of your comments and we’re excited to be going into more detail soon on the ways we’re adding new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer and more about how we’re bringing our strengths at Visceral to single player.

I hope you’ll join us for the official world premiere on June 9 at Noon PDT, and sign up for updates on the new game at our web site www.battlefield.com/hardline.

Well we saw the internal trailer so we know a lot.

Evil Beaver

found some art, not sure if this is official.

I hope we can play as a S.W.A.T. guy too and not just a miami vice cop.

Female character models pls

Agreed. 64 players is a chaotic (not in a good way) clusterfuck.

No way man. It can work if the devs make the maps large enough and balanced for that many players. They should also keep the choke points to a minimum to avoid the earthquake simulator that is Locker and Metro

TTUVAPOR

Banned
EA probably doesn't want the leaked internal trailer up for public viewing because look how many idiots in this thread commented on the graphics.

The polished trailer/reveal won't be till E3...if they release it now, then it defeats the purpose of waiting for E3, or they would need to make a completely brand new trailer. They'll probably do some teasing leading up to June 9th.

Imagine what's gonna happen when leaked footage of Halo 5 comes out...shit will hit the fan. Graphics comments, weapons comments, map comments, etc.

meanspartan

EA probably doesn't want the leaked internal trailer up for public viewing because look how many idiots in this thread commented on the graphics.

The polished trailer/reveal won't be till E3...if they release it now, then it defeats the purpose of waiting for E3, or they would need to make a completely brand new trailer. They'll probably do some teasing leading up to June 9th.

Imagine what's gonna happen when leaked footage of Halo 5 comes out...shit will hit the fan. Graphics comments, weapons comments, map comments, etc.

Graphics are gonne be only passable at best the second we found out it was cross gen.

But bitching about that is missing the point. This looks like the multiplayer at least is going back in a bad company direction, and anyone hung up on graphics and not that is asleep.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Graphics are gonne be only passable at best the second we found out it was cross gen.

But bitching about that is missing the point. This looks like the multiplayer at least is going back in a bad company direction, and anyone hung up on graphics and not that is asleep.

The masses aren't gonna be able to tell the difference between an internal trailer with a codename versus a full release trailer with the official name.

Hell, the youtube comments are proof, people saying...why is it called "Omaha when I thought it was suppose to be called Hardline?"

dorkimoe

going to be the first battlefield game i pay full price for in awhile. Pretty excited.

Again i will enjoy it for about 3months before the first expansion then i'll quit ;\, never spending 100$ to play a game

My worry is that authenticity in regard to police vs criminals action will be sacrificed for classic bf game play. Helicopter gunships seems too OTT. Plus there will inevitably be some kind of Swat mechanic class that can hold a blowtorch and magically fix a shot up car as its moving.

Female player models would be much more reasonable in this than regular bf titles.

I guess I still need to be convinced.

Duxxy3

What are you? Drug rain man?

I hope this was a controlled leak, because I am much more interested in this than I was with Battlefield 4.

JayEH

Thanks for the link. Downloading now. So this is an internal meeting right? I'm interested in hearing suits talk about a game very coldly.

Edit: Nvm. Video is different than what I thought.

Top Bottom