• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline Gameplay Trailer leaked [Up: 6 month old build]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2014-05-2900_00_21-twj2o28.png

2014-05-2823_59_51-twjwruf.png

BPoole

I'm interested in this but I'm definitely going to wait a month or two before buying since I got fucking burned on BF4. I watched a JackFrags video shortly after release and he was saying nothing but overly positive things about it so I figured it was safe to buy. Little did I know, EA was lining his pockets to not say bad things about the game.

Mortemis

Banned
I honestly doubt Visceral will release anything close to as broken as BF4, but I still won't be there day one. Heist mode and SP look more fun than anything I've ever played in BF but I'll wait for impressions and reviews ofc.

I'm not sure about MP but I'm sure Visceral can do a much better SP than dice. It doesn't really take much.

SonnyBoy

Two things happened to me...

- I trusted in BF4 and was letdown.
- I then played the COD demo, hoping that I could transition to it... I hated it. As broken as BF4 has been, when it's worked, it felt right. COD just felt floaty to me.
- Now I have to reconsider giving EA my money again... It goes without saying that I'll be taking the "wait and see" approach.

I hope this game keeps the plot grounded and fairly sane.

I don't want more some ludicrous and delirious Modern Warfare level crap.

Don't know if this is confirmed, but I hope Conquest and Rush are in.

I'm a huge BF fan but i'm actually hoping they DON'T include the same old modes. This should be a different game basically built around BF. Maybe have a mode that's "similar" to each but with core differences. That being said... as long as there is a good selection this looks like it might be lots of fun after getting burned out on standard BF.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Big question should be, are they going to use Microsoft's Azure dedicated server program or are they doing EA-hosted ones? I really hope it's not EA-hosted.

jmizzal

This is the first Battlefield game that i'm interested in, i love the cops and robbers theme and the single player sounds fun

demolitio

I'm really hoping they're smart and do an open beta for this one since they need to win back some people, especially when it came to the horrible servers for BF4 that should have been an easy fix but they took the cheap way out and only fixed it a month or so ago after defending their servers and netcode for so long.

Visceral may be a different studio, but they carry the baggage that comes with the BF name now and being associated with EA. I personally think they should have made it a separate IP but I see the business sense in keeping it under BF even if I disagree.

They just need to win people back because I love the concept, but that's not enough if the game is a broken mess for so long. The servers better be decent. At least we can say the SP will be better than BF4 by default since it won't delete your damn saves nonstop. :D

GameSeeker

The test will come when we find out what resolution BF:Hardline runs at on the PS4. For BF4 DICE ran out of time and shoved the game out at launch, bugs and all with little optimization for next-gen consoles. BF4 ran at 900p/60fps (with horrible FXAA) and I'm assuming BF:Hardline uses the same Frostbite 3 engine. If BF:Hardline doesn't run at 1080p on the PS4, then it's more likely BF:Hardline is just a mod of BF4 with no additional engine optimizations. In that case I would expect the same graphics as BF4, with no significant improvements. On the other hand, if BF:Hardline runs at 1080p/60fps with SMAA, then we should see improvement over BF4.

Chaplain

One thing that Visceral Games needs to do is a public beta to test their servers. Hopefully this will eliminate many bugs from the game and on the server end.

Nokterian

One thing that Visceral Games needs to do is a public beta to test their servers. Hopefully this will eliminate many bugs from the game and on the server end.

If they want to do a beta..or glorified demo since that what it was with BF3 and 4..don't do it 3 weeks before release. They need to release that after E3 and just do stress test,bug tests for the coming months so it will be a better launch with better netcode and overall player experience then that hotmess of BF4.

Darknight

Cop out response. Whoever makes these statements and dont follow through should lose their positions.

EA:"oh hey guys, yes we will do our best as usual!"
*game releases, runs like shit for a month*
"Hey my bad we are learning, give us time to fix these issues!"

This is an ugly cycle that will never end. I learnt my lesson from BF4 and will not be buying more BF titles, at least during the launch window.

Yoday

This looks really interesting to me. The sooner we can get away from the modern military shooter the better, so this is a step in the right direction. I'm going to be pissed if DICE go back to the modern military shooter after Visceral steps away from it with this game.

Darknight

This looks really interesting to me. The sooner we can get away from the modern military shooter the better, so this is a step in the right direction. I'm going to be pissed if DICE go back to the modern military shooter after Visceral steps away from it with this game.

They are making BF an yearly franchise if I remember correctly. You better avoid BF5 at all costs. Sell your computer now! Might as well remove your eyes.

This game is EA/DICE just padding the years with BF but mainline BF will be military oriented.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Don't be they got their payday pun intended :p, Some sold EXTREMELY WELL turned the entire company around and has funding for 18 months of free and paid updates.
Too bad that the DLC content that Overkill created never saw it's way to the PS3, especially when PS+ gave away Payday 2 last month.

What if they planned the leak and knew that a large number of people would think that the graphics were bad?
So that at e3 the lowered expectations would be blown away by the Stage demo.
ConspiracyKeanu.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm definitely interested in this. Grappling gun and zip lines for the fucking win! Tasers too... Really looking forward to seeing some more gameplay at E3.

I may skip BF 5 if it's just a continuation of the modern military mainline series and does nothing substantial to improve the series. Only way they could keep me back with the same gameplay and no changes is if all the maps had BF 2-style map design.

You can bet it will use EA servers.

Yeah, probably, because it comes down to cost. It would probably be cheaper to use their own servers, than to use MS's servers. Now, they might use Azura for the Xbox one version, because I think devs get it at a discounted price or something.

ultrazilla

Not buying it. I've been burned by EA too many times on the BF games. They'll have to earn my money this time irregardless of developers.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm really hoping they're smart and do an open beta for this one since they need to win back some people, especially when it came to the horrible servers for BF4 that should have been an easy fix but they took the cheap way out and only fixed it a month or so ago after defending their servers and netcode for so long.

Visceral may be a different studio, but they carry the baggage that comes with the BF name now and being associated with EA. I personally think they should have made it a separate IP but I see the business sense in keeping it under BF even if I disagree.

They just need to win people back because I love the concept, but that's not enough if the game is a broken mess for so long. The servers better be decent. At least we can say the SP will be better than BF4 by default since it won't delete your damn saves nonstop. :D

It does make me wonder if having the Battlefield name associated with the game will automatically give them a bad reputation, even though they aren't the ones who made BF4.

EA being the publisher should be really careful about this game's marketing. They need to really prove to gamers that the mistakes made with BF4 aren't going to be repeated. Many low information gamers aren't going to go out and dump another $60 on a Battlefield game, no matter what the gameplay is or who is making it. They see the Battlefield name and then remember their last taste in their mouth with it and it was Battlefield 4.

I'm eager to see how they will handle the marketing and promotion of this game. So far, I think the Visceral guys via twitter are handling it pretty good.

Xpliskin

"Damn it , it leaked !"
"Quick, upload the internal trailer so people get hyped.
They'll know it's an old build anyway, because it leaked trololol"
"That way we can demonstrate the game and at the same time be graphics criticism proof ?"
"jacknicholsonnod.gif"

funkypie

Banned
Problem is in frost bite all battlefield games play the same in multiplayer. Even cod has more of a difference between interactions than bf4 did to bf3.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Problem is in frost bite all battlefield games play the same in multiplayer. Even cod has more of a difference between interactions than bf4 did to bf3.

Wat? care to explain this?

Top Bottom