• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

Just a drive-by since I'm at work. Been meaning to say this for days now: Fuck you, Camjo. What a total bullshit move at the end of D1.

Part of me wants to policy lynch, but clearly that won't catch.

Apart from that, need to think more on the vig claim. Not sure if i believe it. Silver bullets, huh?

squidyj

...do we really want a vigilante running around? Do we even believe Freakinchair is town-aligned?

Eileen is the best fit for a vigilante role and she's a pretty cool lady so It would be reasonable for her to be town aligned. She's also a relatively memorable character in a world where there aren't that many to pull from, her absence from the game would be a little weird.

Now he says he's not mafia aligned and he got the only kill last night, meaning that scum was unable to get a kill for some reason. I feel like this eventually becomes verifiable enough that he's likely not lying.

roytheone

I was at day end. I had terrible lag and couldn't keep up with the vote count. Ri'Orius made scummy posts and I had no reason to defend him like I did with seath on day one. In any case, I have never yet joined a bandwagon on one player when I think another is scummier. The last minute jump felt like it was being led by scum.

Also, if you're assuming everyone that Ri'Orius attacked must be town, then you must give me a pass too.

Roy, you have entirely disregarded the speculation, mostly detailed by squidy, about there being two scum teams. If there are, then many of your conclusions don't work, because they rely on one scum team like normal. Are you convinced we have a normal game on that point?

A) So you never joined a bandwagon and kept your vote on who you thought was scummiest, but here:

Looks like johnny, magnumboy and mick have basically useless votes out there.

Why you guys are trying to cause last minute vote shenanigans I don't know. Half the posts will probably come through after times up.

Anyone not voting currently zeke? That wasn't in your update post.

This took like five minutes to type.

You call out johnny, magnum and mick for having useless votes and not voting for one of the bandwagons. But if those people they are voting on are the ones they think are the most scummy, aren't they doing the exact thing you were at the end by staying on haly?

B) I never said anyone that ri'orius attacked must be town, that would be a dumb way of thinking. Scum probably will attack fellow scum.

C) I talked about my thoughts of two scum teams already, but the way I see it, it is a possibility, and worth to keep in mind, but we shouldn't take it into account while drawing conclusions until we have more proof. Right now most of the proof seems to be concentrated around the wording of a role pm, which is weak evidence to say the least. So I will be reading people assuming that there is only one scum team at this point. And sure, that assumption could end up being wrong, but you need to assume things when making reads, or else a fuckton of things are possible and it becomes impossible to draw any conclusions at all, which would be great for scum.

huh, seems like a lot of people think a scum could have been hiding on the tail end of the votes yesterday, that's encoura... *ctrl+f Mazre* Apparently not worth discussing for anyone else, not even by any existing scumteam.

Yeah, I gotta say I feel pretty comfortable with where my vote is right now.

Isn't your vote on seath right now and not mazre?

Secondly - I know scum didn't kill Ezekel. I know this because I'm the one who killed him as I am a Hunter of Hunters. I don't want to go into too much detail on my powers but I am town aligned and my task is to hunt the blood addled beasts plaguing Yharnam.

Since I don't really know the source material: does this imply a second scum team? Or are the healing church blood addled beasts?

...do we really want a vigilante running around? Do we even believe Freakinchair is town-aligned?

You are basically saying: do we really want a town pr running around? Yes, of course. Vigilantes can be super useful, for example by removing suspicious people so that we don't need to use lynches on them. They also single handily prevent a scum team from winning as long as they live, which is also great. Sure, they can fuck up and hurt town, but overall they will try to behave in towns best interest since they are town. That is not saying chair is town, but I believe him for now. Ezekel makes perfect sense for a vig target, and he came out with it when there wasn't a lot of suspicion on him.

Camjo-Z

Secondly - I know scum didn't kill Ezekel. I know this because I'm the one who killed him as I am a Hunter of Hunters. I don't want to go into too much detail on my powers but I am town aligned and my task is to hunt the blood addled beasts plaguing Yharnam. This is why I made the point about the silver bullet in my previous post... I knew all along it was me and I just wanted to see how people reacted to the query. I'm sure scum don't want others to know that their kill was stopped... its more information for town and is one of the reasons why I'm coming out right now. Weemads questioning my silver bullet theory is a scum tell in my eyes right now. I chose Ezekel as my target last night because of his insane defense of Ri'Orius throughout all of day 1 + the reveal that Ri'Orius was in fact scum. I figured that if he died and turned out to be town then we would save ourselves a day by lynching someone else (because surely he would be the next lynch candidate if I left him alive).

What this means is that scum missed their target somehow last night or they also targeted EzekelRAGE (Possible but highly unlikely). Whomever the "Doctor" is did a good job and should be confident that their target is likely a Townie. In the case of multiple doctors in the game then it's obviously not guaranteed... but we don't have that information yet. For the record I am also not requesting protection from anyone; If Scum wants to take a shot at me they can definitely try.

I'd like to believe you, but I have one issue: according to Ri'Orius' PM, mafia can recruit their hidden partner by killing them or by using an ability on them, which means that his maf buddies could have recruited last night regardless of whether you're telling the truth or not. For someone who claims to have performed a vig kill based mostly on the results of the Ri'Orius flip, I'm surprised that you didn't bother reading his role PM long enough to consider that possibility. So when we inevitably see two kills tomorrow, we won't know whether you were lying or telling the truth, and as is always the case with mafia there will surely be some shenanigans (cooldown, blocked, x-shot) that conveniently leave you unable to prove you're not maf and us unable to prove you are.

Basically, I'd like to know what you have to gain from claiming vig on D2 when no suspicion was on you, nor was Ezekel's death a particularly driving factor in anybody's current vote. In fact, the entire reveal part of your post has pretty much nothing to do with your push for nudull.

Just a drive-by since I'm at work. Been meaning to say this for days now: Fuck you, Camjo. What a total bullshit move at the end of D1.

WE3suWE.png

I'd like to believe you, but I have one issue: according to Ri'Orius' PM, mafia can recruit their hidden partner by killing them or by using an ability on them, which means that his maf buddies could have recruited last night regardless of whether you're telling the truth or not. For someone who claims to have performed a vig kill based mostly on the results of the Ri'Orius flip, I'm surprised that you didn't bother reading his role PM long enough to consider that possibility. So when we inevitably see two kills tomorrow, we won't know whether you were lying or telling the truth, and as is always the case with mafia there will surely be some shenanigans (cooldown, blocked, x-shot) that conveniently leave you unable to prove you're not maf and us unable to prove you are.

Basically, I'd like to know what you have to gain from claiming vig on D2 when no suspicion was on you, nor was Ezekel's death a particularly driving factor in anybody's current vote. In fact, the entire reveal part of your post has pretty much nothing to do with your push for nudull.

WE3suWE.png

I revealed because it's in our best interests to know that the scum kill was blocked. Someone - such as a role blocker - would now have a decent idea who scum could be if they blocked someone last night. Likewise a doctor might know who is town. There was a lot of confusion around Ezekel's death and people were speculating that scum killed him because they were looking for Ri'Orius partner... this is false. As for your bolded statement I'm basically already confirmed as town due to my votes on Ri'Orius and am using that knowledge to help us out in the best way I can. Do you think a scum would have gone so hard on a fellow scum for the entirety of Day 1 and ending the day in an attempted bandwagon to get him killed? Let's put aside this illusion that I'm scum because it's literally impossible to be true.

As for my reveal, you are correct and it does have nothing to do with Nudull - Nudull is just my #1 suspect right now as all of their posts have been scummy so far. Take what you will from my analysis.

I revealed because it's in our best interests to know that the scum kill was blocked. Someone - such as a role blocker - would now have a decent idea who scum could be if they blocked someone last night. Likewise a doctor might know who is town. There was a lot of confusion around Ezekel's death and people were speculating that scum killed him because they were looking for Ri'Orius partner... this is false. As for your bolded statement I'm basically already confirmed as town due to my votes on Ri'Orius and am using that knowledge to help us out in the best way I can. Do you think a scum would have gone so hard on a fellow scum for the entirety of Day 1 and ending the day in an attempted bandwagon to get him killed? Let's put aside this illusion that I'm scum because it's literally impossible to be true.

You have an additional partner whose identity is not known to you. If you recruit this player by attempting the kill them or by using an ability on them, they will join you in your chat room, and you will be able to perform a double-kill during the next night phase.

like, maybe the scum kill didn't go through because they targeted the hidden partner, not necessarily because the killer was blocked / victim protected

soooooooo yeah

A) So you never joined a bandwagon and kept your vote on who you thought was scummiest, but here:

You call out johnny, magnum and mick for having useless votes and not voting for one of the bandwagons. But if those people they are voting on are the ones they think are the most scummy, aren't they doing the exact thing you were at the end by staying on haly?

In a sense that may be true. I wanted to know if they were there at day end, and if they had new thoughts that would lead them to change their votes. But if they said they were not going to bandwagon I certainly wouldn't abuse them for it. I was trying to elicit their thought processes. I tried to consider whether to move my own vote to take a stand on Kristoffer vs. Ri'Orius but it happened very quickly, and I don't downshift that fast. Especially with severe lag.

Secondly - I know scum didn't kill Ezekel. I know this because I'm the one who killed him as I am a Hunter of Hunters. I don't want to go into too much detail on my powers but I am town aligned and my task is to hunt the blood addled beasts plaguing Yharnam. This is why I made the point about the silver bullet in my previous post... I knew all along it was me and I just wanted to see how people reacted to the query. I'm sure scum don't want others to know that their kill was stopped... its more information for town and is one of the reasons why I'm coming out right now. Weemads questioning my silver bullet theory is a scum tell in my eyes right now.

I'll accept your role claim. However fluff is a terrible argument and I will call it out when used. Also you seem to expect that I would know you were claiming the EzekelRAGE kill before you actually claimed it. The only way I could know it wasn't the Mafia kill is if I was Mafia.

The concept of there being two scum teams takes a bit of a hit with only one night kill, which is claimed by a vig. Unless they can all recruit.

like, maybe the scum kill didn't go through because they targeted the hidden partner, not necessarily because the killer was blocked / victim protected

soooooooo yeah

Sure, that's also possible, but I have a feeling that the recruit-a-scum was specific to Ri'Orius which means, unless there are two Mafia with the same power, it's more likely that my cases are correct.

B) I never said anyone that ri'orius attacked must be town, that would be a dumb way of thinking. Scum probably will attack fellow scum.
Oh good. I didn't expect dumb from you. But your arguments for Ri'Orius targets being town seemed no more substantial but a dream if it's not based on scum attacking them. Is there more to the argument?

C) I talked about my thoughts of two scum teams already, but the way I see it, it is a possibility, and worth to keep in mind, but we shouldn't take it into account while drawing conclusions until we have more proof. Right now most of the proof seems to be concentrated around the wording of a role pm, which is weak evidence to say the least. So I will be reading people assuming that there is only one scum team at this point. And sure, that assumption could end up being wrong, but you need to assume things when making reads, or else a fuckton of things are possible and it becomes impossible to draw any conclusions at all, which would be great for scum.
Fair enough. I can't disagree with your conclusions if they're based on that assumption.
Since I don't really know the source material: does this imply a second scum team? Or are the healing church blood addled beasts?.
Yes, I am hoping for an answer from someone edumacated. I asked earlier but apparently it was a scumtell.

Sure, that's also possible, but I have a feeling that the recruit-a-scum was specific to Ri'Orius which means, unless there are two Mafia with the same power, it's more likely that my cases are correct.

This may be a complex game, but that would be a crap role. I've never seen anything like that done. Even the people arguing a two person scum team are getting pushback because it would mean an inability to use the active part of the role and kill at the same time. It's more likely that any church team member can recruit the lost one.

Hunter of Hunters is a covenant in Bloodborne. The covenant focuses on PvP and invasions. Acquire and memorize the Hunter rune to join the covenant.
These watchmen admonish those who have become addled with blood. Be they men or beasts, anyone who has threatened the pledgers of "Hunter" oath has an issue with blood.

Information

To join the covenant, you complete Eileen The Crow's quest and receive the oath rune "Hunter".

Ok, I got this from a wiki.

Palmer_v1

I have no particular reason to disbelieve him. I'm not sure claiming at this juncture was needed, but that's a different issue.

The only reason scum might claim this way is if they're just making a gambit at a time we wouldn't suspect it, or if they had reason to think someone might have seen Freak kill Zeke.

As for needing a vig, who knows. It does stop scum from attempting some gambits, cause we wouldn't have to waste a day re-lynching someone if there was a last second tie or override or banana. He's also fairly likely to kill more town than scum.

Ideally, he we have killed an inactive player.

As I say all of this though, I have to keep in mind the possibility of multiple factions. N1 didn't have enough deaths to account for two scum factions, let alone two scum factions AND a town vig.

If anyone has proof that he's lying, it MIGHT be worth claiming to prove it. If you can corroborate his story, however, it's probably not worth claiming over.

Kalor

That's fair. Now be honest what do you think about Hobohodo and Johnnyquicknives?

Johnnyquicknives hasn't posted enough for me to get a good impression which he did say would happen but what he has posted has struck me as town. He's making an effort when he is able to post that feels like a town member doing what they can to help. Hobohodo is in a similar boat for me but I would feel more confidant about Johnny being town, despite the fact he's posted less.

As for our town vig, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now since it will be easily verifiable based on the number of night kills in the future. As someone mentioned it does raise the question of what happened to the scum kill last night. If we have multiple scum teams that just makes the events of last night even weirder. An idea I had was that Freakin was the lone member of Ri'orius's team and decided to pose as a vigilante but that's probably too far out there.

Are silver bullets a thing further info the game? I haven't played that much but quicksilver's bullets were all the rage and i feel like screwy would know they unless there a chance I'm unaware of. Please excuse my meta

I want to believe you, Freakinchair, but I have difficulty believing that there were three people killing last night and only one got their mark. Ezekel as a target confused a lot of us. The idea that all two or more people targeted him is hard to swallow. I'm also on board with other people thinking that the Healing Church has a few members, not one. It's possible you're just trying to confuse people for a few days so that no one bothers tracking you or the doctor wastes time protecting you. And by the way, the doctor will definitely do that since you are the obvious target for scum, tonight. Why the hell did you blow your load this early? Nobody needed to know why there was only 1 nightkill tonight! And now we've lost the vigilante, which, all told, is a pretty decent role that can tip the scales for Yharnam.

I don't know if this is a crazy gambit or just dumb.

As for my reveal, you are correct and it does have nothing to do with Nudull - Nudull is just my #1 suspect right now as all of their posts have been scummy so far. Take what you will from my analysis.

While I think it always benefits town for a town aligned vigilante killer to reveal eventually, I'm not sold on revealing day 2. What if scum did a "operation hydropump"? I see you consider Doctor save and role block, but what if scum targetted ezekialrage as well?

soooooooo yeah

This is also a great reason why not to reveal day 2, too many unknowns.

Johnnyquicknives hasn't posted enough for me to get a good impression which he did say would happen but what he has posted has struck me as town. He's making an effort when he is able to post that feels like a town member doing what they can to help. Hobohodo is in a similar boat for me but I would feel more confidant about Johnny being town, despite the fact he's posted less.

As for our town vig, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now since it will be easily verifiable based on the number of night kills in the future. As someone mentioned it does raise the question of what happened to the scum kill last night. If we have multiple scum teams that just makes the events of last night even weirder. An idea I had was that Freakin was the lone member of Ri'orius's team and decided to pose as a vigilante but that's probably too far out there.

Thank you kalor for your response

I'm going to swap to Hobohodo now. A bit more confident in his scumminess now

vote: Hobohodo

Kalor

I want to believe you, Freakinchair, but I have difficulty believing that there were three people killing last night and only one got their mark. Ezekel as a target confused a lot of us. The idea that all two or more people targeted him is hard to swallow. I'm also on board with other people thinking that the Healing Church has a few members, not one. It's possible you're just trying to confuse people for a few days so that no one bothers tracking you or the doctor wastes time protecting you. And by the way, the doctor will definitely do that since you are the obvious target for scum, tonight. Why the hell did you blow your load this early? Nobody needed to know why there was only 1 nightkill tonight! And now we've lost the vigilante, which, all told, is a pretty decent role that can tip the scales for Yharnam.

I don't know if this is a crazy gambit or just dumb.

So what was your theory? Even if Freakinchair's reveal doesn't corraborate it I'm curious what it was.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't imagine scum sticking their necks out like this on Day 2 so I believe the claim, though I think Freakinchair could easily be neutral.

I'm also leaning towards 1 scum team now due to circumstantial evidence. Though I believe my interpretation of the role PM is still correct, I find it very hard to swallow that there could've been 3 kills last night and only 1 went through, or that the lost partner did not activate upon Ri'orius' death (implying only one kill was blocked). The odds would've been stacked too heavily against Ri'orius' faction if so. So I'm going to assume 1 scum team for the time being.

I was trying to add to the "story" because I feel players aren't really doing a whole lot to move the narrative along. Mod is doing a fantastic job btw! But. Now that I think about it the old lady in the wheelchair with a shotgun would definitely be scum since her doors wouldn't be locked and I'm assuming she had turned.

I know at night I'm locked up tight in my home, I don't even answer the door. The only weapon I have is a torch to burn the wicked. I personally can't read anyone this early yet though.

I guess I screwed up on saying I wasn't pulling a bandwagon then last minute voting with the majority. I just wanted my vote to count because a few were giving me hell and didn't like the answer I gave. Once again, excuse me I'm learning as I go - first timer.

Sorry, is this an actual role claim of being wheelchair npc? I can't tell if you're just referring to the vanilla role because you mentioned a torch, which isn't in the vanilla role.

Wait, why do we think there are two teams again? I forgot. If there's only one, Chair's story is more believable.

Squidy proposed it in day two opening post. Possibly because lore arguments?
Haly immediately supported it and feels the Healing Church is a small team.
Zippedpinhead and flatearthpandas found it plausible.
Roy refused to consider it without evidence.
Palmer went off to think about it.
I allowed it could be true or not and tried to separate arguments into the two camps, my goal being to see if there is overlap.
I don't remember any other comments but I may have missed some as I did a quick rescan of day two.

So, it could have come from scum team #2 is the form of squidy. But I have read squidy as town, so if he's scum, well done there.

Palmer_v1

Squidy proposed it in day two opening post. Possibly because lore arguments?
Haly immediately supported it and feels the Healing Church is a small team.
Zippedpinhead and flatearthpandas found it plausible.
Roy refused to consider it without evidence.
Palmer went off to think about it.
I allowed it could be true or not and tried to separate arguments into the two camps, my goal being to see if there is overlap.
I don't remember any other comments but I may have missed some as I did a quick rescan of day two.

So, it could have come from scum team #2 is the form of squidy. But I have read squidy as town, so if he's scum, well done there.

My current stance is that the win condition indicates the HC has more opposition than just town. That could mean another scum team, or it could mean a hostile neutral.

I don't have enough info to decide that.

Appendix:
I missed verelios just above me supporting the multi scum thought because Lore.
And Palmer has his own addendum.

Hey squidy, I think we'd all like to know what made you propose multiple scum teams in the first (probably pre typed before flips) post of the day.

squidyj

Appendix:
I missed verelios just above me supporting the multi scum thought because Lore.
And Palmer has his own addendum.

Hey squidy, I think we'd all like to know what made you propose multiple scum teams in the first (probably pre typed before flips) post of the day.

I thought I explained it.
first of all Ri'orius's role pm doesn't show us a line like "your partners are [redacted]" now perhaps this is just the new mod meta to keep us from gleaning information but it could also point to a much smaller scum team.

Second from a lore perspective it doesn't entirely make sense that The Healing Church are the only movers and shakers. The events of Bloodborne are pretty much dominated by the Great Ones.

Third, we hit scum day 1, and I believe that if Ri'orius has a scum team then Mazre and Haly could easily be on it. We have a lot of information to go on today so if we get it right we could wind up really far ahead of the church. The last thing we want to do is get complacent thinking this is going to be just an ordinary game when Bloodborne is all about things going on that the player isn't really in a position to understand. We don't want to get overconfident and wind up blindsided by something.

Camjo-Z

Now that I think about it, two anti-town teams could in fact be in play, though not exactly in the way squidyj suspected. From Ri'Orius' PM:

You have no special abilities at this time, however, as your senses sharpen, (perhaps through insight gained in your encounters with the supernatural,) you may gain the ability to find out who people are.

You don't get insight in Bloodborne from sitting around and twiddling your thumbs. I'm willing to bet there are some beasts running around who activate special abilities for certain players when revealed through being killed/lynched, and they're likely unfriendly to town and healing churchgoers alike. I'd expect these beasts are either strong from the get-go or also gain abilities as the other two factions die off.

Freakinchair's reasons for outing this early could very well make sense for a beast going for a early gambit after seeing only one kill today. There's plenty of time left in D2 though, so we'll see what else happens today.

My current stance is that the win condition indicates the HC has more opposition than just town. That could mean another scum team, or it could mean a hostile neutral.

I don't have enough info to decide that.

Granted. Those darn drunks need to get on our level and kill a scum, so we can at least compare the other season six Mafia wincons.

I read Freakinchair as town on day one. While I don't feel his role claim was necessary, I don't think it's enough to call him anti town. Although nothing he said really excludes the possibility that he's just a basic serial killer. I still don't think he's a good lynch target today.

I'm also reading squidy as town. His ideas come down to LORE, but I can't argue that it's scummy. After all, we knew going in that it was going to be a weird game.

So...let's go on to someone else. Freakinchair had left me wondering why he kept calling the scum Beasts, along with some other people. His claim to be a vig targeting beasts in flavor answers that question to my satisfaction. But brings up something that drew my eye yesterday, which I didn't know if it was a bad thing. Incoming giant post warning.

roytheone

Freakinchair's reasons for outing this early could very well make sense for a beast going for a early gambit after seeing only one kill today. There's plenty of time left in D2 though, so we'll see what else happens today.

But wouldn't that paint a huge target on his back in regards to the other scum team if thats the case? They will want chair dead, regardless if he is a town, neutral or other scum team aligned killer, he is a danger to them in all these cases.

So, my giant post relates to my really real reason for not moving my vote from Haly.

Because I don't know anything about the flavor, I've been following along with what other players have said regarding Bloodborne things. The opening post suggested we are hunting beasts, and so do these comments. But for all I knew, beasts were the good guys. I'm not one so I don't know.

Kristoffer said:
Heed this ambiguous language, friends. We're assuming these are beasts. But it would be obvious by now if someone was a beast. In fact, in Bloodborne, people turn into beasts, and don't turn back, so I think we should expect that. Further, who are the real threats? I think the enemy does not consist of beasts at all.

I need more eyes for this.
Speculation that Mafia isn't beasts before we have anything to go on?
Could this be the slip up of a beast?

(Ordinary town, didn't have extra information)

As much as I hate to see it there are a lot of people jumping on Seath right after his vote for Ri'Orius. Scum trying to discredit him after marking a beast? It might've only been a shot in the dark but as well all know... it is the beasts that lurk in the shadows.
(This one is explained by claimed role fluff)
Speaking of Kristoffer, his post about whether beasts are a threat or not reeks of a neutral trying to get a sense of whether a beast claim would be well-recieved by town. Of course, it could also just be a genuine misunderstanding of the reason the term "threats" was used.
Dunno why this assumption was made.
Now Hunters, go forth and hunt beastly scourge~
Sounds like a game quote rather than Mafia-game specific *shrug*

So with those in mind, these posts are suggestive of being a beast.

It does feel like a very toothless threat coming from Zipped.
What a beautiful Yharnam
*chew*
There must be no other place as pretty town
This feels like a picnic

And...that's my real problem. Beast breadcrumbs.

Kristoffer's assumption that beasts weren't Mafia didn't sit well with me, so I didn't want to protect him from a near lynch. Between him and Ri'Orius I thought they were both really scummy, and couldn't decide which was scummier between the two. But Haly still took the lead with those obvious looking breadcrumbs, which I couldn't explain to myself as a town play.

Verelios

But wouldn't that paint a huge target on his back in regards to the other scum team if thats the case? They will want chair dead, regardless if he is a town, neutral or other scum team aligned killer, he is a danger to them in all these cases.
I don't think Chair would reveal himself if he didn't take that into account. Based on day 1, he isn't suicidal.

Haly

I want to ask, weemad, what do you think I, hypothetically, as a beast scum faction, would gain by breadcrumbing my own beastness?

I want to ask, weemad, what do you think I, hypothetically, as a beast scum faction, would gain by breadcrumbing my own beastness?

A) being recruited
B) connecting with others because there's no chat
C) sheer dumbassery
D) somewhat unconscious revealing of information absorbed, although the second post seems too obvious for it

Haly

I'll give you reason A but the other 3 are tenuous at best. I don't think GAFia's had a no chat scum team yet, have we?

I try not to pay much attention to what I see as flavor so I don't account for it when write my posts. The second "breadcrumb" is simply a reference to this:
It was spurred by the description of "Yharnam Tourist Hotspot", which calls to mind the Morioh Landmarks in Diamond is Unbreakable, aka JoJo Part 4 which is currently airing on Crunchyroll. It was a fluff response to what I considered a fluff post from Scrafty.

squidyj

In regards to beasts and people going around killing other people that aren't part of the healing church.

If our friendly neighbourhood freakinchair isn't Eileen the Crow the vigilante there's a possibility that he is a serial killer.

I present to you the Afflicted Beggar/Abhorrent Beast.
You come across the Beggar hunched over a few fresh corpses where he asks you if you know of any safe place to go to.
If you send him to the truly safe place he will begin murdering the other NPCs there, if you attack him he will reveal himself as an Abhorrent Beast, a tough fight.

@Haly's comic
Oh. Er. That actually makes sense then. Never heard of the media you are referencing.

Option A was certainly the most likely, which is why it's A. B has not happened that I know of, although lone scum have been left out of chat I think. In gods. And never discount option C. D was a far distant option.

But for day one, I think my reasoning is sound. Posting the comic in response to fluff would be understandable fluff. Posting just the words with no reference leaves me expecting you wrote the words for some reason.

In regards to beasts and people going around killing other people that aren't part of the healing church.

If our friendly neighbourhood freakinchair isn't Eileen the Crow the vigilante there's a possibility that he is a serial killer.

I present to you the Afflicted Beggar/Abhorrent Beast.
You come across the Beggar hunched over a few fresh corpses where he asks you if you know of any safe place to go to.
If you send him to the truly safe place he will begin murdering the other NPCs there, if you attack him he will reveal himself as an Abhorrent Beast, a tough fight.
Do you remember in Archer the Robin Hood neutral character? His goal was just to kill 3 people successfully. Given Abhorrent Beast was way more interesting than Eileen, especially for a mafia game... I think there's a real possibility that Freakinchair is a neutral with a 2 or 3-kill goal, and revealing, today, was an elaborate way to get the doctor to protect him tonight. If the doctor does, then he's at worst 1 kill away from winning tomorrow.

I'm not especially keen on letting him run around Mad Max style, town or neutral.

For the record I am also not requesting protection from anyone; If Scum wants to take a shot at me they can definitely try.

emphasis on 'try'

I feel like this is alluding to a shot or several of bulletproof maybe? It would correlate to the fearlessness of the claim

the issue is that I think Town-aligned Vig wouldn't also be bulletproof, that's more of a SK thing

Haly

Well, I wanted to remain quiet about that but yes, Freakinchair's brazenness made me think of some innate protection.

I don't think we need to lynch Freakinchair today. His claimed role, and the number scum teams will be proven in time by the death records. The only reason to lynch him would be to prevent another kill. By Day 3, we should be able to tell if Day 2's single kill was an anomaly or if Freakinchair is lying out of his ass, and lynch accordingly.

I don't really have a good read on Kristoffer now so...

Unvote: Kristoffer

Do you remember in Archer the Robin Hood neutral character? His goal was just to kill 3 people successfully. Given Abhorrent Beast was way more interesting than Eileen, especially for a mafia game... I think there's a real possibility that Freakinchair is a neutral with a 2 or 3-kill goal, and revealing, today, was an elaborate way to get the doctor to protect him tonight. If the doctor does, then he's at worst 1 kill away from winning tomorrow.

I'm not especially keen on letting him run around Mad Max style, town or neutral.

Never seen a role like that before - pretty interesting but somewhat far fetched scenario in this case. If I wanted to sit back and kill people I would've said nothing, letting people speculate on why scum killed ezekel. Probably would've been an easy win for me considering I would've been out of the lynch pool and there was zero suspicion on me. I'm not sure lynching a townie with 'vigilante' powers is the best way for us to get ahead as town :)

Regardless, I can choose to kill at night which means that I can choose not to. Unless we have a really obvious target (like ezekel was, unfortunately for him) I will be staying my hand. Please also keep in mind that my skills are expendable in terms of town powers - if scum want to off me go right ahead. It just gives our seers, doctors, lovers etc... another day of survival and town another day of intelligence. Just know that if you slip up and I notice you'll be put down like the dogs you are.

Top Bottom