• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

(Boss)
Laurence
really is just a bad boss fight imo. :/
I could defeat him kinda okay on my fresh NG character but now i'm trying to get the
Beastmode
rune for my Beast Claw character who is on NG+ and he's just too much. Tons of damage and health and his stupid fire attacks make sure you lose a third of your health if you're not 10 meters away from him. There are just no openings for attacks because of this crap.

I need to give it a rest for now, just getting worse and worse. >.<

Brandwin

So I am good to go with a 99 character? I have weapons 10+ (cane and something else) or whatever. I am not going to start over and replay the game. So I guess I will see how tough this is on a NG+

If im gonna play this through (finally) for the first time, should I buy the DLC before I do?

Maybe try the game for a while first. Dunno if you played other Souls games, just to make sure you like it enough. I mean the DLC requires a relatively high level anyways, so no rush right?

Ellite25

Maybe try the game for a while first. Dunno if you played other Souls games, just to make sure you like it enough. I mean the DLC requires a relatively high level anyways, so no rush right?

He makes a good point. From recommends like lvl 65 right? It'll take some time to get there.

sikkinixx

I've beaten all the souls games, though the lack of magic reeaaaaally has caused me some humming and hawing about bloodborne. But I really should beat it before DS3 comes out. I didn't even think about the level stuff though. Meh. I'll wait until it goes on sale.

MMaRsu

Banned
So I never actually beat the true last boss of Bloodborne. I bought the US dlc this time ( after getting a refund on the EU dlc, stupid me ) and went ahead and beat that damn moon demon.

Ok so it put me in NG+. Do I really have to battle G again to get toe Oedon Chapel? And then what do I do? You can be vague in your answer :p.

Nameless

Uncharted 4 beta, 150 some-odd areas left to explore in Fallout, 2 more chapters to go in Life is Strange, plus the 4 new games I bought over Black Friday weekend and even after beating the DLC all I want to play is Bloodborne.

horseshit.

Ellite25

Uncharted 4 beta, 150 some-odd areas left to explore in Fallout, 2 more chapters to go in Life is Strange, plus the 4 new games I bought over Black Friday weekend and even after beating the DLC all I want to play is Bloodborne.

horseshit.

I just got The Witcher 3 and have put in about an hour and a half to Fallout 4. All I've been playing is Bloodborne. It's just so damn good.

Dynedom

Ebrietas is much easier when
A) you fight her in NG
B) you use a +10 whirligig saw
C) you summon in the old hunter outside the boss door

Didn't have the Whirlygig +10 but I did the other 2 with a friend. 3-manned her and she just got wrecked. Incredibly anticlimactic (I didn't do much damage as I was under-leveled for the fight but still...). Took me 8 tried with 2 humans earlier in the year to kill her. 8 tries!!

Ferr986

Yeah it felt pretty damn good! I'm gonna fight
Laurence
now if you want to help me out with that! Then I'll be done with the DLC.

Sorry, was playing some Battlefront. Yeah I can jump in if you want. That boss is the hardest for me so don't expect to do that good lol

*start Bloodtinge run*

Welp may as well go with axe as I think it's output is better than either starter unupgraded with my base stats. Also I used both other starters before so fuck it, let's see what's what.

*play all the way to Vicar Amelia*

This is a pretty fun and interesting challenge. Fighting all these bosses with an un-upgraded axe and only upgraded Vitality so far leads to some more interesting fights. They were tough but my experience playing this game 3 times has given me the skills to handle it.

*get to Cainhurst Castle*

...okay, fighting Logarius at Level 39 with unupgraded shit is a relatively bad idea.

*go back and fight Shadows of Yharnam*

...this may have been poorly planned and awfully executed.

*gain enough Echoes to soldier through the Logarius battle with stupid high vitality*

Well. That fucking sucked. I promise to never make fun of people for having trouble with him again.

Nah, fuck that. Logarius is a chump.

*buy Chikaga and upgrade it*

Alright, let's test this out. I hope the depleting health doesn't prevent me from enjoying the Chikage and limiting what I can actually d-

*kill Shadows of Yharnam in 45 seconds*

...Wu-Tang clan ain't nothin' ta fuck with.

I'm level 80. Let's try that DLC now, fuck with the main game later.

*a couple DLC bosses later*

Damn, these fights are hard as shit but fun. Bloodletter isn't really...that cool cause it's pretty strong but that Frenzy buildup with all the insight I have is sorta a bad time. I guess I'll try out the-

*one Bowblade later*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

myco666

But you get that frenzy build up only from that one move on Bloodletter. Just lower your insight little bit, put Graveguard set and put frenzy resist runes and you are good to go. Frenzy works like cooldown timer for that move if you have that setup and considering it is an AoE that does 1000 damage it needs a cooldown.

Arjen

*start Bloodtinge run*

Welp may as well go with axe as I think it's output is better than either starter unupgraded with my base stats. Also I used both other starters before so fuck it, let's see what's what.

*play all the way to Vicar Amelia*

This is a pretty fun and interesting challenge. Fighting all these bosses with an un-upgraded axe and only upgraded Vitality so far leads to some more interesting fights. They were tough but my experience playing this game 3 times has given me the skills to handle it.

*get to Cainhurst Castle*

...okay, fighting Logarius at Level 39 with unupgraded shit is a relatively bad idea.

*go back and fight Shadows of Yharnam*

...this may have been poorly planned and awfully executed.

*gain enough Echoes to soldier through the Logarius battle with stupid high vitality*

Well. That fucking sucked. I promise to never make fun of people for having trouble with him again.

Nah, fuck that. Logarius is a chump.

*buy Chikaga and upgrade it*

Alright, let's test this out. I hope the depleting health doesn't prevent me from enjoying the Chikage and limiting what I can actually d-

*kill Shadows of Yharnam in 45 seconds*

...Wu-Tang clan ain't nothin' ta fuck with.

I'm level 80. Let's try that DLC now, fuck with the main game later.

*a couple DLC bosses later*

Damn, these fights are hard as shit but fun. Bloodletter isn't really...that cool cause it's pretty strong but that Frenzy buildup with all the insight I have is sorta a bad time. I guess I'll try out the-

*one Bowblade later*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Lol this sounds so familiar, I'm doing a Bloodtinge build now myself and logarius was such a pain at low level with hardly upgraded weapons. I ran trough the whole of cainhurst yo because I did Shit for damage.

laxu

The DLC really added so many great weapons. So far I've got a +10 Ludwig Holy Blade, +10 Burial Blade, +9 Pizza Cutter, +9 Beast Cutter and working on getting a +9 Bowblade and maybe some other weapon too if I can farm enough chunks somehow (got some good drops from Cainhurst Castle in NG+). I might have to find some more good gems though as there isn't enough to go around!

I absolutely punished Rom and The One Reborn with the Pizza Cutter, it's fantastic for any enemies that move slowly. I'm fighting Micolash now and my Burial Blade with slight bolt damage is pretty good but I always keep dying when he manages to do that damn one-shot AoE spell.

Hopefully eventually I can go back and take out OoK and Laurence with some weapon.

So when people are doing bloodtinge builds, are they just not boosting SKL along the way? Like you are ignoring everything to just go straight for bloodtinge when you get chikage?

Ferr986

So when people are doing bloodtinge builds, are they just not boosting SKL along the way? Like you are ignoring everything to just go straight for bloodtinge when you get chikage?

Yes. Unless you aim for high levels. Blood mode Chikage only scales with Bloodtinge, and it deals more damage than Skill Chikage.

Also, the healt drain is easy to control. Just keep switching modes. I mean, the best attack of Blood mode Chikage is the transformation L1 to R1 anyways.

There is no need because you will survive better investing in Vit and Endurance and leter focus on Bloodtinge

I finished the DLC earlier with my brother and with that ends my time with Bloodborne. What a game, enjoyed it thoroughly from start to finish.

Top Bottom