• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Funky Papa said:
Eh, Skylar has been a cold, nosy bitch since day one. I am not denying that Walter is a massive fuckup of a husband, mind you.

I agree with the first part, but Walt pretty much won out in his original goal.
If he convinced his wife to accept the money, they could have been in Hawaii, retired & enjoying the good life.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Gexecuter said:
I think this is the season where everything falls aparts for Walt eventually leading him to be bad guy.
The whole season leading up to Walt cooking again? Eh, I'd rather have it happen within the next 2 episodes.

This drama stuff is ace, but I want more action

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Teetris said:
The whole season leading up to Walt cooking again? Eh, I'd rather have it happen within the next 2 episodes.

This drama stuff is ace, but I want more action

the old dude ringing the bell is more horrifying and tense than any action could ever be, to me at least.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
beelzebozo said:
the old dude ringing the bell is more horrifying and tense than any action could ever be, to me at least.
Yeah most def, episode had me thrilled. Tho I mean on Walt/Jesse's side. They need more screentime, and most importantly, together.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Teetris said:
Yeah most def, episode had me thrilled. Tho I mean on Walt/Jesse's side. They need more screentime, and most importantly, together.

i have a feeling we're past the point of "getting the team back together" :(

if anything, i wonder if jesse will ever find out--perhaps even by walt's admission--the (passive) role walt played in his girlfriend's death.

The scene with Jesse getting back in the lab was really well done, I think. You can tell that he believes he's truly bad, or evil, and he's so not. Man, when I remember his storyline with Jane... it's just devastating.

I just caught the last episode for the first time ever, this seems like a really good show, should I try to catch up on the series? Is it worth it?

AranhaHunter said:
I just caught the last episode for the first time ever, this seems like a really good show, should I try to catch up on the series? Is it worth it?

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

ecards.jpg

that should answer your question

mYm|17|

AranhaHunter said:

Yes, you really NEED to watch the first 2 seasons. I did and it was amazing

Holepunch

Spire said:
He's now at a point where he's done all these horrible things and has several dozen pounds of meth and nearly 200 bodies on his conscience.

I can't be the only one who doesn't follow the train of logic of the plane crash being Jesse's or Walt's fault. Yes, the dad was distraught over his daughter's death. Yes, Jesse and Walter were both involved in his daughter's death. That being said, it's still a freak accident.

Take for example you were to buy the last coke from the vending machine. Bill the crane operator was planning to buy the coke and get his caffeine rush. You bought the last one, so he has to go without. He gets tired on the job and his negligence causes the crane to drop a heavy load on an innocent worker. Now, is that worker's death your fault for buying the last can of coke? Of course not.

While we're on the topic of the daughter dying. People seemed to have missed Walt was directly responsible for it. When Walt first broke in, both her and Jesse were asleep in the safety position. If either one was to vomit, it would only make a mess and not obstruct anyone's airways. She was rolled onto her back because Walt was trying to shake Jesse awake. So Walt's role wasn't just passive in letting her choke, he was the one to cause her to choke in the first place.

Mindlog

AranhaHunter said:

Well I believe™ the show is fantastic and definitely worth catching up on. I didn't like the 'surprise' for the season 2 finale, but there is plenty of other worthwhile material. There is a scene about 10 minutes before the ending that works much better at reminding you of the consequences that are being placed on the actions of the main character.

5/5 GAFs on a scale of 1 or 5.

Holepunch said:
I can't be the only one who doesn't follow the train of logic of the plane crash being Jesse's or Walt's fault. Yes, the dad was distraught over his daughter's death. Yes, Jesse and Walter were both involved in his daughter's death. That being said, it's still a freak accident.

Take for example you were to buy the last coke from the vending machine. Bill the crane operator was planning to buy the coke and get his caffeine rush. You bought the last one, so he has to go without. He gets tired on the job and his negligence causes the crane to drop a heavy load on an innocent worker. Now, is that worker's death your fault for buying the last can of coke? Of course not.

While we're on the topic of the daughter dying. People seemed to have missed Walt was directly responsible for it. When Walt first broke in, both her and Jesse were asleep in the safety position. If either one was to vomit, it would only make a mess and not obstruct anyone's airways. She was rolled onto her back because Walt was trying to shake Jesse awake. So Walt's role wasn't just passive in letting her choke, he was the one to cause her to choke in the first place.

it doesn't matter what the reality is. walt and jesses perception of the situation is that they were involved and at fault. whether that is true to the viewer doesn't matter because their characters are having to live with it and feel they are responsible

Holepunch

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it doesn't matter what the reality is. walt and jesses perception of the situation is that they were involved and at fault. whether that is true to the viewer doesn't matter because their characters are having to live with it and feel they are responsible

I get that, it just bugs me the characters don't see it. Walt's a smart guy, he shouldn't be rationalizingthe plane crash as not so bad but not being his fault.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Holepunch said:

Well the situation in the show is a tad different. Buying a coke has no ill intent, Walt selfishly let a person die does. And of course he had no idea what the full consequences of that action would be, but they're still consequences. The decision to let her die was going to haunt him anyway, the aftershocks of that decision are just making it even harder for him to shove off the guilt.

maharg

idspispopd
Holepunch said:
I get that, it just bugs me the characters don't see it. Walt's a smart guy, he shouldn't be rationalizingthe plane crash as not so bad but not being his fault.

Walt may be smart, but he's also just about the dumbest man on television.

plasmasd

C'mon, you all know that on the final episode of the series, Walt is going to wake up in a bright room, and Q is going to come riding down on a floating throne. "Walt, are you ready to join the Continuum?" At this point Walt will look confused, and the walls will fade showing he is in a holodeck. We'll hear an omnipresent voice ask for the captain to come to the bridge. It will cut to Walt in a starfleet uniform on the bridge of the new Enterprise. Cue the star trek music and hail the new series.

Wow that is such a terrible idea, why did I just write that, more importantly, why did I think that?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Holepunch said:

If you somehow were to know about this later on? Hell yeah you would feel guilty, even if you know there isn't a damn thing you could have done about it. And that's just about a Coke

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
FTWer said:
I agree with the first part, but Walt pretty much won out in his original goal.
If he convinced his wife to accept the money, they could have been in Hawaii, retired & enjoying the good life.
Pssh, not on half a million they couldn't.

Does anyone think that if Walt had of sat his family down, after his operation but before Skylar kicked him out, and then told them both the truth that things might of been different?

Since it would of been him coming clean insted of Skylar calling him on his lies and then him being able to properly give a good reason and with his son there as a buffer so Skylar couldnt go apeshit.

TheVampire said:
Does anyone think that if Walt had of sat his family down, after his operation but before Skylar kicked him out, and then told them both the truth that things might of been different?

Since it would of been him coming clean insted of Skylar calling him on his lies and then him being able to properly give a good reason and with his son there as a buffer so Skylar couldnt go apeshit.

no thats just how chicks are. i asked my gf if she would break up with me if i made meth to support us and she said she would. i said wtf dude then lets just break up now anyways cause i cant be with someone so illogical

Blader

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no thats just how chicks are. i asked my gf if she would break up with me if i made meth to support us and she said she would. i said wtf dude then lets just break up now anyways cause i cant be with someone so illogical
:lol

New episode tonight.
AMC TV said:
Green Light

Walt loses control as he reacts to Skyler's news, endangering his job and relationships with Saul and Jesse. Hank throws himself into his blue meth investigation. Jesse enacts a new plan.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
FrenchMovieTheme said:

:lol :lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Preach, brotha!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
The longer this season goes on, the more likely it seems that Walt is gonna get killed well before the show is over.:lol

Tokubetsu

Maybe this explains what happened to Walt in the past. Probably had a similar break down which is why the cut him out of the company?

My guess. Gusngoes ahead wight Jesse to get the competitive spirits going with ealt leading to walt getting back in the game

Love Gustavo.

Tokubetsu

chaoticprout said:
My guess. Gusngoes ahead wight Jesse to get the competitive spirits going with ealt leading to walt getting back in the game

Love Gustavo.

Yeah, definitely. It' gonna be like the company stuff only Walt can find his way back in.

SpeedingUptoStop

hanks conversion from dude who falls assbackwards occasionally into stuff into actual legit great detective dude is great. Glad the girl couldn't hand him everything on a platter.

SpeedingUptoStop

Hank bitches out, but he might just win out in the end.

Aw fuck, the air traffic controller dad killed himself. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom