• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 1 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best songs of Season 4 in no particular order:

Danger Mouse and Norah Jones - Black
Alexander - Truth
Apollo Sunshine - We are born when we die
Apparat - Goodbye
Fever Ray - If I Had a Heart

GET HYPED

EDIT: Jesus christ this show is good at fitting a mood with music

aPmqg.gif

inm8num2

Call me crazy but the season 4 finale felt like a series ending. Just brilliant in every regard.

I think season 5 opens up a new direction. After all, the Walt/Gus dynamic was the focus for 2+ seasons.

Really excited.

GAF, I finished season 4 of Breaking Bad yesterday and I need something else to watch.

Considering my favorite series are Breaking Bad and Justified, what is the next logical step?

inm8num2

GAF, I finished season 4 of Breaking Bad yesterday and I need something else to watch.

Considering my favorite series are Breaking Bad and Justified, what is the next logical step?

Sons of Anarchy. It's a bit over the top at times, but the show has great drama, action, humor, etc. along with what I think is the best ensemble of characters in tv.

Breaking Bad is the best show on tv, but Sons is my favorite to watch for pure entertainment value.

I've been holding using avatar since last season, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Damn, so keen! I really don't know where this season will go. I hope it can top the end game of The Shield.

I've not yet seen it but supposedly The Shield has a similar structure and pacing. The Sopranos if you've not yet seen it is another excellent show which features a villain as the protagonist if you enjoy that aspect in shows. The pace is arguably slower overall though and (to me, others may disagree) it declines in quality over the series (it always remains very good however, it certainly never is particularly bad or unentertaining). Those two, if you've not seen them are what I'd say is the best match that I know of.

Mad Men is another excellent show currently on air (although I have not liked Season 5 as much as the others) but the pacing is completely different, as is the style of the show. For a similar reason I'm struggling to recommend The Wire (which is similar to Breaking Bad only in that the pace is very slow initially and then momentum gradually gains and the build up is ultimately worth it) for a similar reason, mainly that it's not nearly as action focused as the two shows you've stated you enjoy. Also, I know it's not what is often thought of when high quality shows are recommended and after Breaking Bad it may seem laughable but 24 is a formidable show for the first two seasons at least and although not an incredibly deep show it does give you something to watch while remaining entertaining. I've also never watched it but based solely on my knowledge of it Justified gives the impression that it takes influence from westerns, as does Breaking Bad, perhaps Firefly and Deadwood (again, I've not yet seen these so I'm purely going on what I've heard) may be worth a watch.

I re-watched the whole series again and man, Skylar looks ROUGH in that 1st season. She looks totally different now, its amazing. She didn't look bad, just not all "done up".

Nameless

I re-watched the whole series again and man, Skylar looks ROUGH in that 1st season. She looks totally different now, its amazing. She didn't look bad, just not all "done up".

Skylar isn't unattractive by any stretch. Amaaazing tits. If her character wasn't such a..... wasn't so unlikable, she would be one of the more popular MILFS out there.

Zeliard

Thanks a lot for all the detailed recommendations. At the moment I am hesitating between The Shield and Battlestar Galactica.

The Shield is about a season longer in total episodes, running for 88 eps relative to BSG's 75, if time is a factor. I thought both were fine shows.

It's interesting that both are the inverse of each other in terms of progression of quality, with BSG starting off very strong and tailing off less effectively (though I still liked the final seasons), and The Shield starting off decently but becoming something truly fantastic by the end of its run.

Fry

Thanks a lot for all the detailed recommendations. At the moment I am hesitating between The Shield and Battlestar Galactica.

Considering Breaking Bad and Justified are also among my favorite shows, we might have similar taste, so I recommend Homeland.

Gorillaz

I really liked theI Won commercial hey released lately It's more serious too.

Also the way they placed each quote in the trailer..Hinting at the future of the storyline?

EDIT: the trailer is a spoiler if people haven't viewed season 4 yet.

Personally, I would go for Deadwood or The Shield. For intense situations, Breaking Bad and The Shield are neck and neck. The last few seasons of The Shield are particularly outstanding. Deadwood is just a straight up classy production. Some of the very best writing for television around, and Timothy Olyphant is pretty rad as a Justified connection.

BSG starts off quite well, and the first 2 seasons are very solid. Unfortunately I think it kind of falls apart after that. I did enjoy the whole series, but it's not really up there in the top rung for me.

Other notables: The Sopranos, Carnivale, Rome, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire. I'd say they are all must watch shows! I havent' seen Sons of Anarchy yet, but it's pretty good too they say.

Imagine the final scene of the entire series is Walt and Jesse parting ways, they shake hands and walt says "yo btw I poisoned brock and let jane die when I could have saved her PEACE" and runs away. Fade to black with Jesse fuming.

The words Fuck You appear on screen. Emmys for everyone. One of the best shows of all time is over.

I'm currently watching the entire series due to AMC's marathon and i really love this show. :O

holy fuck GUS IS THE MOTHERFUCKING MAN :O :O :O (just saw Box Cutter)

i'm gonna get out of this thread but i'm hyped for season 5 when it premieres this Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom