• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF meet - Manchester - Saturday 30th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm interested in this. Whoever mentioned Star & Garter has my vote, it's not all Morrissey nights in there. The Font'd be cool too.

Star & Garter represent!

Already there, it'll be my final year starting in September.

The only places on the list I've been to are Courtyard and FAB Cafe.

I graduated UoM in umm 2005. Blimey. Almost 10 years ago!!!! Great university. Changed my life blah blah blah.

I'd be up for it if you don't mind non BritGAF posters coming along.

Come!

---

Something for all the non BritGAF posters...you can post in BritGAF, you know. Independent studies have proven that it is the best thread on GAF.

Nice one, where's your year abroad taking you?

To Japan. First time I'm going too so I'm really looking forward to it.

Edit: And sadly I won't be able to make it as I'll be temporarily disabled at that time. Hope everyone has fun and a happy housewarming for NinjaBoiX. Maybe we can do another meet up when I'm back in Sept 2015.

Oh actually you're in Brighton right? My band are playing Sticky Mike's in Brighton on the 7th of Sept if you fancy it? Would be nice to meet you finally.
Bad news dooder, that's the day of Unfun Fest. May swing by and catch your set though, depending on who you clash with.

Already there, it'll be my final year starting in September.

The only places on the list I've been to are Courtyard and FAB Cafe.

You started the year after I graduated. I don't like this one bit.

RiggyRob

KillerMike said:
Other people at UoM huh? I would be interested to meet up with you guys if I wasn't going on my year abroad in September. Good luck in your final year though RiggyBob.
Cheers dood.

I graduated UoM in umm 2005. Blimey. Almost 10 years ago!!!! Great university. Changed my life blah blah blah.

It's been great, hoping to top it off with a good degree.

You started the year after I graduated. I don't like this one bit.
Probably the same year actually, I've spent the last year on placement. Could be worse - you could be as old as sploatee above!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cheers dood.

It's been great, hoping to top it off with a good degree.

Probably the same year actually, I've spent the last year on placement. Could be worse - you could be as old as sploatee above!

Look, I've lived a long and full life. I'm happy. This weekend we are getting guinea pigs.

GolazoDan

Hey, I know Manchester! I'm from Cheadle Hulme, went to the University of Manchester (graduated a couple of years ago), merely a train ride away. I should come!

NinjaBoiX

Thread bump to remind peeps.

Mike and Daps, what time are you guys arriving in town? Are you coming in together?

I should be off all day.

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;126747548 said:
Still should be able to come.
Cool. I think Steve is at a wedding that weekend, but show me your skeleton might be up for it, he just moved here last weekend. Maybe Hystzen and LoM too.

Mikeside

Thread bump to remind peeps.

Mike and Daps, what time are you guys arriving in town? Are you coming in together?

I should be off all day.

I still need to find out about work - I might be working in Manchester that week. If so I'll stay for the weekend, meaning I'll be there early Saturday. If not I'll probably get a train in the morning.

NinjaBoiX

I still need to find out about work - I might be working in Manchester that week. If so I'll stay for the weekend, meaning I'll be there early Saturday. If not I'll probably get a train in the morning.
sqBmE.gif

Let me know closer to the time boss, I'll chase daps up so I can make sure I'm about for you guys arriving.

Happy days!

Hey Mike, when you know what you're doing let me know so we can sort out train tickets. I have this image of us going up to Magical Manchester on the train together like Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, I'll be devastated if this does not come to pass.

Mikeside

Hey Mike, when you know what you're doing let me know so we can sort out train tickets. I have this image of us going up to Magical Manchester on the train together like Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, I'll be devastated if this does not come to pass.

I'm literally not going to know until Friday morning, I don't think :(

But I'll let you know as soon as I can.

There's a chance I'll have the work car, thus can drive.
If this happens then I'll give you a holler

Daps, your plans sound worryingly last minute bro.

Don't let me down or I'll chop off your bollocks.

My plans are last minute sounding because I'm hoping to share the road with Mikeside. Castrate Michael not me. Or don't castrate anyone.

If things are too loose I'll sort myself out. I was on my own when I came to Sunderland, and I only cried a little bit.

Dash_

I might have a problem making this as I'm in London all day the day this is on and probably won't be getting back into Manchester until just before midnight. Consider me a maybe.

Jeels

I live in the states, anyone want to buy me a ticket to Manchester.

Everything I know about it I learned from Shameless.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What's the plan, O-man?

Emma's having a flare up so need to know in advance if going to a club etc or staying at yours.

As it turns out, I'll be much closer to Manchester than usual on Saturday.

However, that's because I'm in Liverpool for my grandmother's 80th birthday.

So yeah not coming.

NinjaBoiX

I'm going to file a restraining order against you filthy germ carriers, I just got rid of a bug a few weeks back. I passed it on to poor Sammy and that nobhead Maz.

(I don't kiss Maz on the lips, she's just very affectionate and I apparently I was just that contagious. I had to impose a hug ban while she was infected. Sorry Mike and Daps, no man love for you guys this weekend, you can just make do with hugging each other in a cloud of foul bacteria.)
What's the plan, O-man?

Emma's having a flare up so need to know in advance if going to a club etc or staying at yours.
Well we're going to meet at mine around 5-6 o'clock, toast the house with some cheap champagne/sparkling wine then head into town around 8-9. I won't be too put out if you guys need to head home early, I know E needs her rest sometimes!

I invited Graham out by the way.
As it turns out, I'll be much closer to Manchester than usual on Saturday.

However, that's because I'm in Liverpool for my grandmother's 80th birthday.

So yeah not coming.
Yay!

Boo!

NinjaBoiX

Looks like I might have a work vehicle, so I'll drive up.

Where do you actually live? I'll be driving from London
What sort of time are you thinking of leaving Landan Mike? I'm off all day Saturday, but I won't get in from Mint Lounge until about 6am.

Any time after 2pm should be fine boss.
Bah, the weekend I go down to London is when y'all are having this. xD Have a blast in Manc, y'all. :)
I want to meet you Donkey man! We will soon enough I'm sure.

Mikeside

I'll be heading up on Sat - I reckon for arrival at 2pm, as that's when you're free. (meaning I'll probably leave at about 10am)

Will be leaving, I guess, at about mid-day on Sunday?

Daps,it's probably just as easy for me to pick you up from Staines as it is for you to get to me, buddy.

Do you mind going halvsies on the petrol?

Two hours on the train bro.

I'll come to the train station and help you out, Mos Def. It'll be fun!

I know man, travelled up a few years ago via train, mainly hung around the Arndale and Printworks when I wasn't at Old Trafford warming Rooney's spot in the changing room.

I can't make this weekend anyway, unfortunately plans have been made.

Daps,it's probably just as easy for me to pick you up from Staines as it is for you to get to me, buddy.

You sure man? I honestly don't know if that's the case but it would certainly make my life easier. Could definitely give you money for petrol too.

What are your plans for the Sunday though?

NinjaBoiX

Aww, I wish I could come.
Next time bro, make an effort to get to a meet mane!
I'll be heading up on Sat - I reckon for arrival at 2pm, as that's when you're free. (meaning I'll probably leave at about 10am)

Will be leaving, I guess, at about mid-day on Sunday?

You sure man? I honestly don't know if that's the case but it would certainly make my life easier. Could definitely give you money for petrol too.

What are your plans for the Sunday though?
We could grab a bite somewhere on Sunday before you guys leave?

Perhaps EGX if you're there! :O

We're at a wedding on Saturday in Tunsbridge Wells, but I think where we're staying is close to yours. You cool tomorrow night perhaps?

Yeah Tunbridge Wells is miles away in the deepest depths of Kent. Where you staying? Could very well do tomorrow night

Yeah Tunbridge Wells is miles away in the deepest depths of Kent. Where you staying? Could very well do tomorrow night

We're around Woodford I think because she wants to hit up London for a bit but not stay in the center or anything like that, not too far from yours I believe.

We're around Woodford I think because she wants to hit up London for a bit but not stay in the center or anything like that, not too far from yours I believe.

Oh so literally right by me! Do you know exactly where you're staying? Hotel or something? What time are you arriving and when are you free?

Oh so literally right by me! Do you know exactly where you're staying? Hotel or something? What time are you arriving and when are you free?
I think it's the Best Western over there. We'll be getting in around midday-ish then heading into town, but I'm thinking we'd be free after 7-8ish?

I think it's the Best Western over there. We'll be getting in around midday-ish then heading into town, but I'm thinking we'd be free after 7-8ish?

Ok cool do you still have my number? Gimmie a bell when you're free we can go to a local pub or you could come round for a few Bevvies, whatever you fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom