• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BurnOut 3 XBOX, no custom soundtracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeOnEdge

Banned
supposedly in the new EGM it says the XB version doesnt have custom soundtracks. then theres this

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=919651&topic=15714006

hardly confirmation but still, WTF???? i swear EA are the fucking biggest ASSHOLES in the industry if they made criterion drop the custom soundtrack option from the first 2 for their shitty EA TRAX. EA...NO ONE LIKES YOUR FUCKING SUCK ASS CHOICE OF MUSIC!!!! DAMMIT!!!!! this may just drop racing GOTY contender down to just a "worthy sequel" in my eyes. I remember EAs hot pursuit 2 music. MY GOD it was horrible. so horrible i couldnt play the game anymore. sweet jesus someone PLEASE find out if this is true.

Matlock

Banned
I don't believe the official soundtrack listing for Burnout 3 is out yet, is it?

So quit your bitchin' about the quality of it.

===edit===

Burnout 3 will benefit from the EA Trax program, which will inject the game with a solid 40 licensed songs that stick pretty closely to the punk and indie rock genres, with contributions from The Vines, Franz Ferdinand, Pennywise, Sahara Hotnights, Modest Mouse, and The Mooney Suzuki, among others. The Xbox version will also feature support for custom soundtracks for those players who don't cotton to the musical selections offered up by the stock Burnout 3 soundtrack. However, if you're not quite that choosy, both versions will let you tweak the soundtrack to your liking, forcing certain songs only to play during the menu or during a race; furthermore, the soundtrack can be turned off. The game also introduces an enthusiastic radio DJ who will provide plenty of chatter before, during, and after races. In fact, we were reminded a bit of the DJ in last year's SSX 3, though we can't say we noticed as many contextual quips.

omfg omfg omfg omfg

Von Bondies and Ramones as well!

I use to think that custom soundtracks weren't all that big of a deal. But you know after trying them out,I really can't go back now. I want to play my Sega B-Universe Tunes with every racer that I purchase nowdays. Its just something I gotta have.

Shompola

Banned
And the fact remains that Criterion has had the best implemantion of custom soundtrack in any Xbox game to date with Burnout 2. I sure hope EA isn't forcing them to remove it.

BeOnEdge

Banned
Matlock said:
I don't believe the official soundtrack listing for Burnout 3 is out yet, is it?

So quit your bitchin' about the quality of it.

===edit===

Burnout 3 will benefit from the EA Trax program, which will inject the game with a solid 40 licensed songs that stick pretty closely to the punk and indie rock genres, with contributions from The Vines, Franz Ferdinand, Pennywise, Sahara Hotnights, Modest Mouse, and The Mooney Suzuki, among others. The Xbox version will also feature support for custom soundtracks for those players who don't cotton to the musical selections offered up by the stock Burnout 3 soundtrack. However, if you're not quite that choosy, both versions will let you tweak the soundtrack to your liking, forcing certain songs only to play during the menu or during a race; furthermore, the soundtrack can be turned off. The game also introduces an enthusiastic radio DJ who will provide plenty of chatter before, during, and after races. In fact, we were reminded a bit of the DJ in last year's SSX 3, though we can't say we noticed as many contextual quips.

omfg omfg omfg omfg

Von Bondies and Ramones as well!

whew! thanks matlock! and STFU emode. i was just going by what EGM printed. EA trax is the worst "program" ever. no one "benefits" from anything but EA.

DMczaf

EA trax is the worst "program" ever.

919830_20040601_screen002.jpg

Visual Concepts says "Not so fast!"

pilonv1

I'm a bit disappointed because I loved the generic rock music in Burnout 2. I'm also sick of EA's horrible taste in music.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
awesome, awesome game. literally, the worst soundtrack ever. yes, i know -- except for the franz ferdinand, ramones, and von bondies songs. whatever. it's mostly brat rock 24/7. and if you turn off EA trax, you get no music at all. :)

----

http://chespace.1up.com

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
EA Trax is the only policy of the publisher that I really despise. The program completely ignores the power that audio can bring to a game if done right.

pilonv1 said:
I'm a bit disappointed because I loved the generic rock music in Burnout 2. I'm also sick of EA's horrible taste in music.

The music in Burnout 2 was a huge part of the game. The way different tracks would turn on and off during any given song depending on your burnout levels was awesome, and added so much to its visceral experience.

It's a shame that Burnout 3 will have none of this. I hope the next Burnout isn't handicapped by this oversight.

BeOnEdge

Banned
yah the music in BO2 owned when you boosted. the guitars got all heavy. that and the fact that i had remixed outrun tuned for my soundtrack owned.

Shompola

Banned
Ferrarisimo said:
The music in Burnout 2 was a huge part of the game. The way different tracks would turn on and off during any given song depending on your burnout levels was awesome, and added so much to its visceral experience.

It's a shame that Burnout 3 will have none of this. I hope the next Burnout isn't handicapped by this oversight.

I never noticed that Burnout 2 original soundtracks actually were altered track by track depending on burnout level. I know SSX3 does that but never noticed it in Burnout 2. Only thing noticing was that the music got amplified and/or filtered.

BeOnEdge said:
hardly confirmation but still, WTF???? i swear EA are the fucking biggest ASSHOLES in the industry if they made criterion drop the custom soundtrack option from the first 2 for their shitty EA TRAX. EA...NO ONE LIKES YOUR FUCKING SUCK ASS CHOICE OF MUSIC!!!! DAMMIT!!!!! this may just drop racing GOTY contender down to just a "worthy sequel" in my eyes.
You're a god damn idiot.

Seriously, god damn you make some stupid threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom