• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

SmokeMaxX

Why do they need to include a tutorial when the past 7(?) games have been more than enough of a tutorial for Ghosts?

Normally it wouldn't be a huge deal since COD gameplay is usually jump in and go, but the addition of Squads and the strange way reshuffling operations works - it would've been nice to have a quick few screen text tutorial explaining how it works.

I wonder how many people playing in this thread realize the mechanics behind the operations list.
Yep this is no joke. Operations list is annoyingly complex with zero explanation. I was trying to figure out how to get the extra squad points, when I got them, and if I had to do all the operations before I rerolled. I was also trying to figure out if I "five operations completed" included only the ones in each subcategory or all operations. Shit don't make sense.

Yep this is no joke. Operations list is annoyingly complex with zero explanation. I was trying to figure out how to get the extra squad points, when I got them, and if I had to do all the operations before I rerolled. I was also trying to figure out if I "five operations completed" included only the ones in each subcategory or all operations. Shit don't make sense.
Not having much problem though one thing really bothered me.
I wanted the female uniform that was 60 grenade kills,
I eventually got the level 1 operation for 30 grenade kills, after completing that it doesn't upgrade so I had to waste squad points till level 2 popped up.
and to make it worse level 2 starts completely over so that was 60 more I needed to the 30 I already did.

Got the Wii U version today and I just finished the level starting with this.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_016zsuh.jpg

Best level so far imo. Could anyone tell me where I am in the story so far in percentage?

I'm having more fun with this campaign than BO2's so far. Game feels like this all the way.

I would say 40-55%

Alright so I got this on PS3 to take advantage of the PS4 upgrade for $10.

Let me say, I can't wait to see how the PS4 version looks because this game looks terrible (played only MP).

I have played every COD on 360 previously, so I was never familiar with how it looks on PS3. I'm super excited to see this game in 1080p and whatever other improvements they've made.

Love the COD gameplay though, that's always been a standout for me.

Moofers

Very excited that this supports Remote Play on PS4/Vita. I always go to bed after my wife, so its going to be really nice to be in bed with her instead of out in the living room on those nights when I want to play.

Love the campaign so far. I'm at the fireworks pictured a few posts up. Really enjoying the ride. The Ghost masks remind me of Mushroomhead already, but the way you run around with your small group of elite soldiers adds to that feeling of being in some sort of military rock band.

mushroomhead.jpg

Anyone else digging Extinction? I've found it to be my favorite mode so far. Do the skills you unlock stay unlocked permanently?

So.. I thought this game was supposed to have dedicated servers on PS3? Why are there still host migration messages, people lagging like crazy, and ridiculous situations where hits don't register and dudes run right through shotgun blasts to knife you? I know servers don't fix everything, and this is way better than Blops 2 it seems, but the connections still shit online a lot of times.

Anyone else digging Extinction? I've found it to be my favorite mode so far. Do the skills you unlock stay unlocked permanently?

I love Extinction. I wish more people used mics though. Some people are just stupid. I hate when the first attack starts and it's an easy challenge like "melee only" and some idiot always starting blasting away with the pistol.

The unlocks remain unlocked, they just to back to level 0 every game.

Zing

Banned
Wow. I jus realized my TV is only 40". No wonder everything seems so small. I have been looking at 46" but thought I had a 42 and wondered if it would even matter. Browsing Kijiji now. I'm tired of enemies being so small and I can't move any closer to the TV.

Flek

Banned
so how is the SP of the game? I got the ps4 version with KZ:S and BF4 in a bundle (buy 3 pay 2) and don´t really know if i need cod… if its any good i will check it out, if not id rather sell it

NySpeed

so how is the SP of the game? I got the ps4 version with KZ:S and BF4 in a bundle (buy 3 pay 2) and don´t really know if i need cod… if its any good i will check it out, if not id rather sell it

Overall I quite enjoyed it. Personally I like the whole "one group of elite soldiers infiltrate base somewhat stealthily" missions. This game is quite packed with them along with the great set-pieces that we come to expect from COD. Yes they are "run of the mill" since we are so used to the bombastic nature of them, but its still a fun ride.

For comparison, some of my favorite campaigns in COD are: MW4, MW2 (Task Force 141 missions only... screw Burgertown!) and Black Ops 1. Hope that helps.

AEREC

Why has the quality of maps taken a Noise dive since MW2? I enjoy the size of Ghosts maps but they are just like bigger version of Blops maps with the arena feel.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've put 30 - 35 hrs into Extinction so far, it's probably my favourite mode in the game. Currently on my first prestige though it doesn't work like traditional multi. You keep everything unlocked and instead with each reset to level 1 you unlock 1 of 5 'prestige relics' These are another part of your loadout and are essentially modifiers which make the game more difficult. You don't have to use them but if you do they give you more XP etc. (you can just disable them in the loadout if you want) With my first prestige I unlocked a relic where I can only use the pistol and not pick up any weapons but because I've got everything unlocked my main pistol is basically a machine gun and I can use the awesome sentry turrets :) It's a bit barebones though in terms of actual levels, pretty certain that's the only map in the game so far.

I wish I could say for certain though, I haven't been able to finish it yet as everyone I've played with have every been completely shit or we got unlucky at the final hurdle. I don't tend to buy COD season passes but if we start getting actual Extinction DLC I may do this time.

LEGGZZZZ

So how does Extinction work? You beat 14 rounds and that's it? I kinda liked the never ending challenge of zombies, is there any point in returning to Extinction after you beat it? Does it get more difficult on repeat play throughs?

Dazzler

Runs great online for me on PS3 but jeez does it look like an absolute dog

Some of the maps are reminiscent of COD2, never mind BLOPS2

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So I just rented this tonight from Redbox since it was the ONLY ps3 game they had in stock . I'm usually not a FPS guy and haven't played a COD since MW2 I think?

This is my first time seeing this OT and my god Lunchbox this is the best thing I've seen on the internet in quite a while. Bravo.

Do you think that IW will release a graphics patch for the PS3 version?

Treyarch released their PS3 graphics patch three days from launch which resolved the shitty, blurry graphics. Given next gen is less than a week away, I think it's highly unlikely they'll bother dumping resources into a version the minority are playing. There hasn't been more than 250,000 players online for PS3, so I think it's pretty clear folks are waiting for next gen. For comparison, launch day on PS3 blops II had 800,000+ players online.

Judging by the screens here, the next gen versions look clear and you can actually make things out. Mind you that's the xbone version which is native 720p, the PS4 version is native 1080p.

gray_fox224

Treyarch released their PS3 graphics patch three days from launch which resolved the shitty, blurry graphics. Given next gen is less than a week away, I think it's highly unlikely they'll bother dumping resources into a version the minority are playing. There hasn't been more than 250,000 players online for PS3, so I think it's pretty clear folks are waiting for next gen. For comparison, launch day on PS3 blops II had 800,000+ players online.

Judging by the screens here, the next gen versions look clear and you can actually make things out. Mind you that's the xbone version which is native 720p, the PS4 version is native 1080p.

Ahh, I think you're right.

SmokeMaxX

Yours? I've never seen this, myself.

It was a joke. You can have people teleport around if you or the host's connection falls off in quality. Play against a host with a lag switch or an unstable wireless connection and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Where can I buy the dual license 360 Xbox One digital download?

Microsoft offers the Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo, a disc-less dual-license that provides the Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, as well as the Xbox One digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts – linked and unlocked via a user’s Xbox Live gamertag. The Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo will be available at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of $69.99.

I want the dual license NOT the upgrade plan.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anyway to mute single players on the Wii U?

It looks like the only options are to mute everyone, or mute everyone but friends.

Effect

Is there anyway to mute single players on the Wii U?

It looks like the only options are to mute everyone, or mute everyone but friends.

I haven't found one. Whenever I mute it's usually because of one person and I rather mute everyone because of them.

On another note. I've never been done with a game so quick as I have with Ghost. 17 hours compared to just under 100 hours with Black Ops 2 (spread out over a significantly longer period of time). I feel like I'm just going through the motions when I play. I don't like majority of the maps or how this plays a lot of the time. Even if the Wii remote controls are fine.

Whats keeping me going right now is that I am only a level 34 and I have tons more stuff to unlock. So I'm motivated to keep earning squad points and unlock stuff.

But when thats done I'll go right into my normal COD strategy of just camping and getting high killstreak rewards. Thats whats "fun" to me in a COD game.

And now that they allow my killstreaks to get me more killstreaks, all is well in the world.

I do wish there were more rewards, nothing in history will ever beat Predator Missile - Attack Copter - AC-130. But I'm having some fun going IMS - Sentry - Gryphon.

MrDaravon

Where can I buy the dual license 360 Xbox One digital download?

I want the dual license NOT the upgrade plan.

It's dual license digital downloads for both, but bizarrely this is only being sold at retail. In the US I thiiiiiink it might be a Gamestop exclusive, but not sure. You would think with both games being digital only they'd sell it online.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I can't play this, the campaign mode is like a very bad unintentionally funny d movie. Also graphics and framerate on PS3 are just puke.

Back to redbox for you. Thanks for only costing me 2 bucks.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I can't play this, the campaign mode is like a very bad unintentionally funny d movie. Also graphics and framerate on PS3 are just puke.

Back to redbox for you. Thanks for only costing me 2 bucks.

You should keep playing the campaign. The story is cheesy, sure, but some of the missions are actually pretty cool.

Zing

Banned
Weird, the framerate on Wii U seems solid.

I am headed out to buy a 50" TV. I was looking at 46, but my stand seems big enough for the 50. I don't know why I didn't bother buying a new TV when my old 50" broke. I guess because I had basically stopped console gaming. Once I got my Wii U, I noticed immediately. Even just with NSMBU I thought I needed a bigger TV.

Top Bottom