• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Dead Rising: Chop Til' You Drop for US (Press Release inside)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shogmaster said:
Srsly. If you play RE4 like I did (hours at a time on GC), my wimpy arms wouldn't felt all that good. I wouldn't fall the ground from pain or nothing, but not fun either.

So take it and stuff it. It's not a fucking meme.

:lol Thanks for the laugh.

Shogmaster said:
Srsly. If you play RE4 like I did (hours at a time on GC), my wimpy arms wouldn't felt all that good. I wouldn't fall the ground from pain or nothing, but not fun either.

So take it and stuff it. It's not a fucking meme.

I had no problem playing RE4 on the Wii for stretches of 4+ hours at a time. Only Wii game that had my arm hurting after was Boom Blox.

Linkzg said:
I had no problem playing RE4 on the Wii for stretches of 4+ hours at a time. Only Wii game that had my arm hurting after was Boom Blox.
Note, that since I never bought the Wii version, I'm only speculating how I would feel after playing for hours (I made clear that I played hours of the GC version). I'm sure I'd manage like you all did, but I was saying I wouldn't enjoy it. Discomfort ain't exactly pain, but I don't want it either.

Shogmaster said:
Note, that since I never bought the Wii version, I'm only speculating how I would feel after playing for hours (I made clear that I played hours of the GC version). I'm sure I'd manage like you all did, but I was saying I wouldn't enjoy it. Discomfort ain't exactly pain, but I don't want it either.

Fair enough.

I think another difference with RE4, or games where you stop to aim, is that you aren't constantly having your hand in an awkward position pointing at the screen. So when running around and doing all that stuff, you can relax your hand and point up. I think that helps.

Arde5643

Shogmaster said:

So in other words:

You don't seem to know jack shit about the wii's ir aiming.

:lol

Linkup said:
If you don't know how to comprehend the written word, I can see how you made that jump. You'll fit in very well here.

"I see I you made laugh too." If that sentence makes perfect sense to you...

KevinCow

Banned
Shogmaster said:
I'm just complaining about everyone thinking that IR aiming is always the best solution on the Wii, nevermind the developer's intentions. HEY ASSHOLES, THEY ARE MAKING THE GAME! I'm fairly sure they know what they are doing! Probably more than you!
A lot of people who make games make shitty design decisions. I don't know why I have to be a game designer to decide what I do and don't enjoy.

I think I've played enough games to say that I enjoy aiming with the pointer way more than I enjoy aiming with a stick. Though the only three Wii games with pointer sniping I've played have been fairly crappy (Red Steel, MoH Vanguard, and CoD3), I'd still say I enjoyed sniping in those more than I have with any stick-based game. And in RE4 Wii, I hated using the rifle. I honestly just stuck to a pistol for the most part. I mean my accuracy was almost as good with the pistol despite not being able to zoom in. The only thing I used the rifle for was for the Regenerators.

I'd also say that using the stick to aim the rifle in RE4 Wii is even worse than other games where all aiming is done with sticks. I mean with every other gun in the game, you point and shoot. Then you whip out the rifle, and they just completely change your control setup and make you aim a different way. Imagine if in Halo, every time you went to snipe, it switched aiming to the left stick. Wouldn't that be a pain in the ass?

Shogmaster said:

Shogmaster
Not genuinely interested in rational console debate.
(Today, 03:15 AM)
Reply | Quote

It fits you perfectly. "I'm going to complain about a thing I've never done, and tell everyone who has done it they're wrong!"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ysiadmihi said:
Arm getting tired from pointing the Wiimote? Holy fucking shit people, holy fucking shit.

MCKJI.gif

Hootie

All of these screenshots are making me want to play Dead Rising right now. Too bad it's 4:40 in the morning, so maybe after I sleep I'll pop it in.

Ugh, I'm still butthurt that GameStop didn't give me a manual when I bought it used. I hate having incomplete games.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hootie said:
All of these screenshots are making me want to play Dead Rising right now. Too bad it's 4:40 in the morning, so maybe after I sleep I'll pop it in.

Ugh, I'm still butthurt that GameStop didn't give me a manual when I bought it used. I hate having incomplete games.

I buy all current-gen games new, it's only when I need to dip into the past am I forced to buy them used. </3

Shogmaster said:
I'm just complaining about everyone thinking that IR aiming is always the best solution on the Wii, nevermind the developer's intentions. HEY ASSHOLES, THEY ARE MAKING THE GAME! I'm fairly sure they know what they are doing! Probably more than you!
By this same logic, every movie that has ever had nationwide release is way better than you give it credit for because if it wasn't very good it wouldn't have gotten released, SO THERE.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
KevinCow said:
01_04.jpg

Oh come on, they couldn't even implement pointer sniping? That was the biggest issue with RE4 Wii (well, really the only issue). Would it have been that hard to update the engine to do pointer sniping?
I always figured it was an issue with difficulty with RE4, as in sniping with pointer controls would make the game too easy. The fact that it remains in DR is strange, as sniping using the analog stick was indeed a pain in the ass.

Haunted

Shog said:
Shog, I like you, you often know your technical stuff and I like that DS redesign you envisioned,but you're acting like a goddamn fucking retard in here.

Shaky aiming like Parkinson's? Arm getting tired? Never even played RE4's Wii version? Jesus.

poppabk said:
I always figured it was an issue with difficulty with RE4, as in sniping with pointer controls would make the game too easy. The fact that it remains in DR is strange, as sniping using the analog stick was indeed a pain in the ass.
Indeed. :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Shogmaster said:
Thanks for this ride down the off-the-damn-topic trail.

Read again what you've written above, then maybe you'll understand why Linkup phrased his sentence that way.

Dash Kappei

Only game I find myself tired after is Boom Blox, in fact I love having separate controllers and I wish all next-gen console will go down this route.

In the other hand I get pretty bad cramps after playing PES with the Dualshock for more than 30minutes, to the extent I can't go straight anymore, especially since I use the D-PAD.

Dash Kappei

KevinCow said:
Oh come on, they couldn't even implement pointer sniping? That was the biggest issue with RE4 Wii (well, really the only issue). Would it have been that hard to update the engine to do pointer sniping?

Don't you know why?

edit: damn 3 posts combo, sorry guys

AndresON777

shooting blanks
KevinCow said:
I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me. But if you're saying that your hand shakes like you have Parkinson's when you aim the Wiimote at the screen, then maybe you, like, have Parkinson's.

:lol That was great.

yoopoo

Banned
Frencherman said:
01_03.jpg

I see TEVs in the waters!!! I SEE TEVs IN THE WATERS!!

Or am I just completely hysterical? :D
All I see is blurry mush of textures that could potentially be water.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
king zell said:
new screens

01_01.jpg

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/01_02.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/01_03.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/01_04.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/01_05.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/01_06.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/01_07.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/01_08.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/01_09.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/01_10.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/01_11.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/02_01.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/02_02.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/02_03.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/02_04.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/02_05.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/02_06.jpg[/IMG]

OK , Why all fam's screens are letter boxed 16:9 ( aka Gamecube's RE4 fake widescreen )

any screens from another source yet if thy did Gamecube fake widescreen again with this then there is something wrong here more even that the circle shadows .

Totobeni said:
OK , Why all fam's screens are letter boxed 16:9 ( aka Gamecube's RE4 fake widescreen )

any screens from another source yet if thy did Gamecube fake widescreen again with this then there is something wrong here more even that the circle shadows .

Capcom did the same thing with their RE4 Wii screens as well, though that was worse as you had a mix of Widescreen shots with black bars across the top and ones with out. It was very confusing.

Until some one has video of the game playing on a TV you can't guess just from screenshots from Capcom if its RE4GC style widescreen or not. Capcom could be matting the images after they do the screengrabs.

goomba

Banned
I never played the 360 version but this with point and waggle and still looking not too bad is a must play for me.

Gwanatu T

farnham said:
1. Dead Rising on X360 was not great design in my opinion.. It had many many problems (like starting from the start like 5 times until you have a realistic chance of beating the game)

I beat the game my first time through. I'm level 14 in overtime mode, just get better at gaming.

farnham said:
2. Shooting mechanics and meelee combat was aweful

Compared to what? Everything worked just fine, I never once had a problem, nor did I know anyone else complain of this. The only thing that ever was complained about by most people was the save system, and I'll argue in favor of that too.

farnham said:
3. The Photoshooting aspect wasnt bad but it was kinda out of plcae

You are a journalist and have to take pictures and detail the story, so how wouldn't it fit?

Ysiadmihi said:
Arm getting tired from pointing the Wiimote? Holy fucking shit people, holy fucking shit.

Seriously, does anyone ever actually hold anything? It's not like it takes an Olympic strong man to play the Wii, dear God. Oh and what's with the decision to make sniper aiming only via the joystick? Good aiming via Wiimote for every gun except the one that requires precise movements? Good move Capcom, you're completely ruining this game.

farnham

Banned
Gwanatu T said:
I beat the game my first time through. I'm level 14 in overtime mode, just get better at gaming.

Compared to what? Everything worked just fine, I never once had a problem, nor did I know anyone else complain of this. The only thing that ever was complained about by most people was the save system, and I'll argue in favor of that too.

You are a journalist and have to take pictures and detail the story, so how wouldn't it fit?

Seriously, does anyone ever actually hold anything? It's not like it takes an Olympic strong man to play the Wii, dear God. Oh and what's with the decision to make sniper aiming only via the joystick? Good aiming via Wiimote for every gun except the one that requires precise movements? Good move Capcom, you're completely ruining this game.

1. Thats not an argument. I actually enjoyed playing the first part of the game a couple of times.. Its just a factor for many people to dislike the game..

2. I actually had no problems with the save system.. But the combat in general combined with the sheer number of the zombies could get tidious.. comparisons..? Gears, RE4 for starters.. There are good aspects.. especially with some particular meelee weapons like baseball bats, knives etc... And overall i liked what i played..

3. You are a journalist.. but you chop down zombies all the time and rescue survivors... Sure the whole story is about making a great story of this incident and all... but I dont think that the photo taking aspect was implemented as well in the gameplay.. You took photos after you finished the game or to compete with that crazy cameraman guy.. Beside of that it was nothing more then the photobox in Zelda WW

I just said that it wont hurt the gameplay if that aspect is gone..

farnham said:

yeah, i beat it multiple times on 360 and the photo aspect is prette useless for me now. without the achievements form the Xbox 360 version, why do i have take shots after all?

saunderez

solid2snake said:
without the achievements form the Xbox 360 version, why do i have take shots after all?

To level up quicker....of course you aren't going to need to the second or third time around but the first time around photography gives you a great PP boost that lets you get abilities much quicker.

J-Rock

Banned
pizzaguysrevenge said:
In rest my arm on my knee when I play a Wii game using the pointer.

What idiot would actually stick their arm out? :lol

A person with no legs?:D

I always rest my arm/elbow on my knee while I play. Never had a problem and I love to play long sessions.

saunderez said:
To level up quicker....of course you aren't going to need to the second or third time around but the first time around photography gives you a great PP boost that lets you get abilities much quicker.

oh, forgot about that^^
right, you get always those PPs.

Gwanatu T

farnham said:
1. Thats not an argument. I actually enjoyed playing the first part of the game a couple of times.. Its just a factor for many people to dislike the game..

2. I actually had no problems with the save system.. But the combat in general combined with the sheer number of the zombies could get tidious.. comparisons..? Gears, RE4 for starters.. There are good aspects.. especially with some particular meelee weapons like baseball bats, knives etc... And overall i liked what i played..

3. You are a journalist.. but you chop down zombies all the time and rescue survivors... Sure the whole story is about making a great story of this incident and all... but I dont think that the photo taking aspect was implemented as well in the gameplay.. You took photos after you finished the game or to compete with that crazy cameraman guy.. Beside of that it was nothing more then the photobox in Zelda WW

1. I hope I didn't come across like a dick, looking back at what I wrote was a little much. I honestly didn't think it was hard at all though, and I think it's pretty cool to be able to play the game through with all the powers and such to make it easier. You can also find easier paths throughout the game, like avoiding the movie theater at all costs for instance.

2. That's fine, and it would have been nice to have a grenade or something to clear the way a bit, but you can generally navigate around the zombies and/or jump on them and crowd surf. There's also skateboards, the motorcycle and other things that help significantly in navigating.

3. I suppose it wouldn't hurt the gameplay, but I feel like it added an extra dimension to it for people that enjoyed the picture aspect, plus the fact that it fit well in to the story anyway. We'll have to agree to sort of disagree.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Level 14 by overtime? I was level 33. You must have let a lot of people die lol.

The gun mechanics in Dead Rising aren't very good and is the main reason why people were forced to depend on their mellee weapons and abilities instead.

Gwanatu T

Shaheed79 said:
Level 14 by overtime? I was level 33. You must have let a lot of people die lol.

The gun mechanics in Dead Rising aren't very good and is the main reason why people were forced to depend on their mellee weapons and abilities instead.

I saved a decent number, I was mostly focusing on taking pictures and exploring the mall though, and whenever a necessary story mission would come up I'd run and do that real quick. When I had to fight the
meat guy from the grocery store
I only had 10 in-game minutes to beat him and get to the next story mission because I was so busy screwing around in the tunnels killing zombies en mass.

blahness

Shaheed79 said:

I did the same thing he did.. beat the game with the best ending on lvl 15 or so. I only saved a few people and only followed the cases.

Ysiadmihi said:
co-signs this.

This is seriously some of the dumbest shit ever. If you have issues with pointing a damn wiimote for an "extended" period of time, you need to make a visit to the local hospital.

Top Bottom