• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Dead Rising: Chop Til' You Drop for US (Press Release inside)

itxaka

Defeatist
Stormbringer said:

eh...umm. I'm not sure what to think about this game.

I mean, the gameplay looks nice and all (killing zombies is always fun) but the low zombie number and the "boss" battles looks really unfunny.

But at 40$ (There is hope is 30€ in europe?) I'll probably get it.

Liked the gameplay vid. The RE4-style gameplay fits with the DR theme and settings for sure.

Didn't they just copy pasted the gun sound from RE4? I just played DR and the gun doesn't sound like that at all.

cvxfreak

itxaka said:
Didn't they just copy pasted the gun sound from RE4? I just played DR and the gun doesn't sound like that at all.

...I had the same feeling. I just couldn't remember what DR's sound effects were like.

RE5 isn't the only game reusing RE4's sound effects. :D

MiniDitka

itxaka said:
eh...umm. I'm not sure what to think about this game.

I mean, the gameplay looks nice and all (killing zombies is always fun) but the low zombie number and the "boss" battles looks really unfunny.

Taken from the 1-up preview ... "'I've seen a lot of curiosity online about how well Capcom will be able to replicate the feel of Dead Rising on Wii, with particular interest revolving around how many zombies the developers will be able to fit onscreen simultaneously. And while we won't know for sure until the developers finish the game and the engine's properly optimized, I spotted roughly 10 zombies onscreen at once during my hands-on time -- and Capcom representatives say the developers aim to have around 100 simultaneous shamblers upon release"

We shall see.

Looks like RE4's combat minus RE4's pacing, intensity, and level design. It's tough to judge from a few minutes of gameplay, but I can't say I'm impressed, unfortunately.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I loved Dead Rising on the 360...it's by far on my top three favorite next-gen games on any system. It is incredible (and I'm not a horror fan by any means).

This is not Dead Rising. There is nothing about this vid that gives me flashbacks to the awesomeness of DR. Ugh.

1UP's Matt Leone said:
For this sampler, the development team pieced together two slices of the game, starting with a roughly five-minute sequence where players could roam around and attack zombies in the middle of the mall -- encountering new creatures (such as a zombie poodle, a zombie parrot, and an overweight security guard) and weapons (such as a saw blade that can fire sharp metal discs with a flick of your wrist) in the process. But the enemies weren't programmed to be overly aggressive in this demo -- it seemed designed to familiarize players with the control scheme before the inevitable boss battle.
Never fought the overweight security bitch or picked up the stack of saw blades on the 360 version, Matt?

cvxfreak said:
The RE4-style gameplay fits with the DR theme and settings for sure.
Maybe, but I don't think that video demonstrated it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Stormbringer said:
Gameplay vid, "Weapons" :

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/20852

Looks fun.

Holy shit.

The Bangkok Dangerous ad played every time I watched GameVideos in the past three weeks.

Every. Single. FUCKING. TIME.

If I see Nicolas Cage's fusion mullet/baldness one more fucking time, I am going to flip.

Not to mention the fact I have to enter my fucking age. Do gaming sites really think this will stop anyone? It's just damn annoying. Better to have a 10-second "Warning - Game is Rated 'M'/Has Mature Content" clip before each video that deserves it.

Can you imagine the bullshit Adult Swim would get if you had to enter your age/birthdate with your remote before every time a show played?

I mean what the fuck. Fuck Game Videos.

Edit- Oh look, the ad is finished. Yay! Perfect time for the video to hang! Now I get to reload and watch that shitty ad one more time! ALL OVER MY FACE, CAGE.

basik

so I'm assuming you people saying meh and such have already played the game on 360? I never played it before and the vids look fun, I'd think a lot of the wii owners who bought re4 will think so too... so why are you in this thread again?

MiniDitka said:
Taken from the 1-up preview ... "'I've seen a lot of curiosity online about how well Capcom will be able to replicate the feel of Dead Rising on Wii, with particular interest revolving around how many zombies the developers will be able to fit onscreen simultaneously. And while we won't know for sure until the developers finish the game and the engine's properly optimized, I spotted roughly 10 zombies onscreen at once during my hands-on time -- and Capcom representatives say the developers aim to have around 100 simultaneous shamblers upon release"

We shall see.
I really hope they come through. That video made me really lose the faith I had for this game.
basik said:
so I'm assuming you people saying meh and such have already played the game on 360? I never played it before and the vids look fun, I'd think a lot of the wii owners who bought re4 will think so too... so why are you in this thread again?
I'm a Wii-only owner, and I was underwhelmed with the video; I bought RE4 Wii Edition and loved it, so what's your point?

BitchTits

The lower zombie count makes the RE4 controls and camera managable, if it had the swarming undead of the 360 version it really wouldn't work. I think this is going to be different enough for fans of the original to pick up, at least for me.

I don't know if this is just for the demo, but the fight with Adam was on the roof, which is also different. Seems like it's in an enclosed space so the Wii only has to handle the two characters? I wonder if all the boss fights will be that way?

Oh and :lol at zombie Madonna! That's new! :lol

i BELIEVE that even resident evil 4 had more people on screen then that. Its probably just a section with a few zombies, because im sure they can get more than that on there.

Im not worried yet, i dont think this video is really showing everything that will be done as far as zombie count goes. I mean, if the goal is 100 and all you manage is 10, then :lol I have my doubts about that (around 10-15) being anywhere near the max number. Even dynasty warriors got more then that on ps2.

basik

dragonlife29 said:
I really hope they come through. That video made me really lose the faith I had for this game.
I'm a Wii-only owner, and I was underwhelmed with the video; I bought RE4 Wii Edition and loved it, so what's your point?

1up said:
For this sampler, the development team pieced together two slices of the game, starting with a roughly five-minute sequence where players could roam around and attack zombies in the middle of the mall -- but the enemies weren't programmed to be overly aggressive in this demo -- it seemed designed to familiarize players with the control scheme before the inevitable boss battle.

it was a demo on easy mode.

So, 10 zombies on screen, black blobs for shadows, and slowdown whenever you use a bench.

Awesome work, Capcom. Anything to help fund Resident Evil 5.

Bizzyb

Banned
Ughh...they probably should not have released that video. Nor allow the game to be played in this state. Looks bad...just, Not good. The blood effects in particular looked like something from RE2 and the sound effects for the guns were ripped Straight out of RE4.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
basik said:
I haven't played the 360 version and only own a Wii, but that video wasn't very impressive. The zombies being not very aggressive, coupled with open environments doesn't make them very threatening. At the moment it really looks like RE4 mercenaries in a mall, but without the challenge.

basik said:

because I own DR and a 360 and also own a Wii and want more dead rising? Good enough for you kid?

poppabk said:
I haven't played the 360 version and only own a Wii, but that video wasn't very impressive. The zombies being not very aggressive, coupled with open environments doesn't make them very threatening. At the moment it really looks like RE4 mercenaries in a mall, but without the challenge.

The game might - might - still be decent, but they really shouldn't have released that footage. It just doesn't look like much fun.

MiniDitka

He stole leons gun :lol

uvs080818-003.jpg

uvs080619-066.jpg

Sean

Banned
I like how they took a shopping cart and you expect the guy to run through a whole bunch of zombies with it, but there's only like 3 or 4 there :lol

Poor video to release.

itxaka

Defeatist
MiniDitka said:
He stole leons gun :lol

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/MiniDitka/RE4/uvs080818-003.jpg[/IMG]
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/MiniDitka/RE4/uvs080619-066.jpg[/IMG]

Well, they sound the same so it's logical they are the same guns :p

Any chance of Leon being a playable character in the game?

markatisu

If it were shipping next week I would be extremely underwhelmed but its not scheduled till Winter (which is about 3 1/2 months away)

This was a demo level to show off the controls and it shows, not sure why everyone is acting like the game is 100% done and ready to be sold in stores. If they did not show anything people would cry that it sucks because they are not showing anything, so they show something and its bitching that its not good enough and underwhelming

Any reason to complain and cry I guess, its been the hallmark of the last 3 Dead Rising Wii threads so nothing shocking its happening again.

Its semi budget priced (will most likely be $35 or even $29 if stores decide to do a sale) so the price is right and looks to at least have the control system of RE4 Wii which is a great start

Tron 2.0

I didn't think it looked that bad? Just terribly unfinished.

According to the article Capcom is planning on having about 100 zombies on screen at a time. In this video there were ten. There's obviously a lot of work to be done before it ships.

Looking forward to more impressions.

They should have held the video until further into development, but then again, Leipzig is next week, isn't it? I guess the decision to release the video was made with decision to show the game at the show.

It's still got time to be made plenty fun, but I'm not quite sure if that camera is gonna help or hinder with that... DR 360 had a huge focus on leveling up Frank and watching him in 3rd person doing cool new moves he learned, but the RE4 camera just doesn't seem compatible with that. If leveling up aspect is gimped, then I think it's a pass.

Top Bottom