• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces LOST PLANET 2 (360) - shock&awe imminent

isnt there a game advertized in the back of the sf iv manual? its something i'd never heard of or seen before. says coming late this year. maybe i'm just out of the loop.

DogWelder

MobiusPigeon said:
isnt there a game advertized in the back of the sf iv manual? its something i'd never heard of or seen before. says coming late this year. maybe i'm just out of the loop.
You talking about Dark Void? That was announced ages ago.

Lost Planet seems like the most obvious choice, though for something like that which is expected to come around you wouldn't think there would be an announcement for the announcement.

It's always fun seeing old franchises revitalized, and since original games don't usually get such announcements I'm willing to bet an old franchise is pretty likely.

soco

Lost Planet is the immediate first choice, but i don't see the big deal in announcing that as just a 360 game. the first wasn't even exclusive and it won't be either, so there'd be no point in mentioning a new 360 game and have it be that.

it's probably a port of an existing game such as Monster Hunter, Zak & Wiki, Okami or something. or maybe it's like Strider coming to XBLA or something

Red

soco said:
it's probably a port of an existing game such as Monster Hunter, Zak & Wiki, Okami or something. or maybe it's like Strider coming to XBLA or something
Oh man; Okami in HD would excite me more than anything else.

Hopefully it's something cool, but I'm not getting too worked up over it.

gconsole

Seeing Capcom annouce that they will announce new game in such short period. I'm afraid it wouldn't be anything huge but small or already known. I go with Dead Rising 2 again.

clashfan said:
Lost Planet multiplayer was so fun, I hope they improve on that. I'm hoping for Lost Planet 2.

This. Lost Planet had great weapons- such a change from all the samey FPS/TPS shooters around.

I'm hoping for great things from LP2.

But, there are so many classic Capcom series that I'd like to see re-emerge...

beast786

Its Def Not 360 Exclusive as In IGN PS3 PODACST around 1hr and 38 min they talk about a new preview this monday of a a new game coming this year.

-PXG-

Please please please please be:

- Zack & Wiki 2
- New mech game (using Lost Planet mech gameplay)
- Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD Remix
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 (using SFIV or Tatsunoko's art direction)

I'll say this, if Microsoft had any sense whatsoever, they would be begging, pleading, and working out a deal to get an exclusive (to HD consoles) version of Monster Hunter. To the point where they should pay to develop and market the game themselves (like was done with Infinite Undiscovery IIRC.)

Xbox live and Monster Hunter is like the marriage made in heaven, and Microsoft desperately needs a big Japanese game to build off the steam they've built with all the JRPG courting they did.

USD

It's always nice to see people's crazy wishes for games that will never happen. :lol

It might be Lost Planet 2, maybe something else, but I'm definitely not expecting anything big.

starsky

Resident Evil 5 will be released for 360, day and date with PS3!!

did i do it right. Though seriously, please announce DMC5.

Tmac

soco said:
Lost Planet is the immediate first choice, but i don't see the big deal in announcing that as just a 360 game. the first wasn't even exclusive and it won't be either, so there'd be no point in mentioning a new 360 game and have it be that.

That whould be awesome. Crossing my fingers :p

Teknoman

Sviatoslav said:
I don't know why but I'm expecting it to be a new Onimusha.

Would be awesome, but isnt Capcom going multiplatform with most big name games these days? Still banking on XBLA game.

segarr

1cesc said:
The wording is vague:

"Capcom's new title trailer will be available on the Xbox Live Marketplace!"
Exactly. This will simply be the official Dead Rising 2 announcement trailer. Most casual fans on XBL probably don't even know it was announced yet anyway.

Sviatoslav said:
I don't know why but I'm expecting it to be a new Onimusha.
I'd love that but Onimusha turned into a giant money hole for Capcom and was less successful with each iteration of the game. Not saying it's dead because, let's face it, this is Capcom we're talking about and they only kill off Clover franchises, but it'll need some big retooling to either stay low budget (perhaps a Wii title) or to be a bigger, more popular blockbuster (they tried making it kind of j-fashiony in DoD and that didn't work). Capcom might see the franchise as 'too Eastern.'

Aru

Wrath2X said:
I want DMC 5 Nero only and DMC 4 style.

Fixed for ya.
DMC 3 is the best of the series (gameplay/boss wise), but DMC 4 is the most fun (thanks to Nero).
So I'd go with 2 different series, one for each character.

And also
DMC Origins: Legend of Sparda for PSP please !

Ganondorfo said:
It's out on the ps2, it's called final fight: streetwise.

I'd hit anyone who considers Streetwise "Final Fight 4" in the mouth. I like to pretend it doesn't exist. I think Capcom does too since they shut the whole damn studio down after it.

Top Bottom