• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces The Disney Afternoon Collection for PS, XB1 and PC [Port beg = ban]

This is awesome news. Going to be on a nostalgia high with these and playing a Mario Kart for the first time in over a decade.

Now just bring back Dino Crisis.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Where's Mickey Mousecapade? (I know it was developed by Namco and localised by Capcom). Looks like a solid collection, never got to try the sequels. I wonder if there's going to be a Vita version because it would further validate the PS4 version purchase. I'll​ probably pick up a Switch version if it gets announced, but for now I'll stick with PS4.

smurfx

get some go again
was hoping they would be restored a la the new ducktales. i wanted this game to have that version in there as well.

Xero

nice to see gafs time honored tradition, of not reading the thread, the entire OP, or even the entire title, before responding is still in full effect.

qko

nice to see gafs time honored tradition, of not reading the thread, the entire OP, or even the entire title, before responding is still in full effect.

Bro, how come no Star Wars games from the SNES in this collection? Disney owns Star Wars right?

/s

The only one of these I hear about is DuckTales are the other adaptations good?

Rescue Rangers is legit and a blast in co-op.

I never played any of the sequels or TaleSpin but I played DuckTales exactly once and I just remember it being pretty hard? As others have said it's literally Mega Man with a Darkwing skin.

joedick

Where's Mickey Mousecapade? (I know it was developed by Namco and localised by Capcom). Looks like a solid collection, never got to try the sequels. I wonder if there's going to be a Vita version because it would further validate the PS4 version purchase. I'll​ probably pick up a Switch version if it gets announced, but for now I'll stick with PS4.

Oh man, mickey mousecapade would've been great (but I know it's not Disney aft). If you'll allow me a small correction, it was made by Hudson.

I couldn't understand why mods wouldn't allow us to talk about wanting specific console versions until I looked at the YouTube comments. Good call, mods.

The only one of these I hear about is DuckTales are the other adaptations good?
DuckTales is probably the best one all around. The sequel is good, too. Rescue Rangers is pretty great, and it's even better in local co-op. Same for it's sequel. Darkwing Duck plays exactly like a Mega Man game (It actually runs on MM5's engine and was developed alongside MM5 itself, IIRC). Talespin isn't as great as the others, but it's still a half decent side scrolling shoot em up.

In my opinion: DuckTales > Rescue Rangers = Darkwing Duck > DuckTales 2 > Rescue Rangers 2 > TaleSpin

Ktsdaddy

Just comparing it to Rare Replay it's way more expensive for what you get? I guess with GCU it won't be that expensive but I feel like it's not worth it.

Link1110

Didn't expect they could work out the rights for these. To bad it's not X collection, but I have almost all the good ones on my pstv anyway (get 3 on jpsn then figure out how to get 2 on there somehow)

So soon too. I picked the wrong time to go through trails of cold steel with these few months bombarding me with good new games

Murugo

A couple days ago I watched the GDC talk on emulation from Frank Cifaldi, the head of restoration behind the Megaman Collection. In his talk he mentions that there's no other way to play the original DuckTales through commercial means, and that it's a shame for a classic to be lost in this way. Makes me wonder if he was teasing their next project in this talk.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Yes, please! I'm wary because they're licensed games and Lord know these might get delisted in a couple of years!

I reached out to Mike Mika on Twitter about this. He said Capcom themselves would be the best place to reach out to and let it be known fans would want this.

Capcom_Unity on Twitter, to be specific. So if anyone hopes for a physical release, let Capcom know you want it.

It's weird that after with MvC3 and this that Disney and Capcom are cool again when it seemed like nothing was ever going to happen between the two.

Hell those games haven't seen any form of re release in over 25 years since they first came out.

LQX

I hope they also do physical release. Also, I had no idea there was a Duck Tales 2. I have to play this.

A couple days ago I watched the GDC talk on emulation from Frank Cifaldi, the head of restoration behind the Megaman Collection. In his talk he mentions that there's no other way to play the original DuckTales through commercial means, and that it's a shame for a classic to be lost in this way. Makes me wonder if he was teasing their next project in this talk.

This Disney Afternoon Collection project was actually pitched to Capcom before they made the Megaman one. Due to licencing issues at the time and unproven emulation tech it was turned down. Then they did Megaman instead, since it was cheaper to produce (no Disney nonsense to deal with or split profits) and it was enough of a success for Capcom to go back and negotiate this collection too. Cheaper post-Megaman since the NES emulation work has already all been done for Megaman, and for Disney it ties in nicely with the upcoming Ducktales cartoon as a promotional tool and nostalgia piece combo.

At that point in time I don't think he knew he was going to get to make this.

leroidys

Just got a change to watch the trailer. This looks so good. Will pick it up on steam, hopefully they don't botch the launch like with MM and it actually works with radeon cards.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's the Silver Case about? I'm interested if it's good.

The setting is contemporary Japan, and takes place in a universe which would later be used by Suda for later works. Within a city called the 24 Districts, a series of bizarre murders occurs, prompting the 24 Districts Police Department to send two detectives from their High-degree Murder Division to solve the case. The killings are soon linked to Kamui Uehara, a notorious serial killer who supposedly died several years before. The gameplay revolves around text-based situations, point-and-click mechanics, and interactive question and answer segments.

The Silver Case is a text-based point and click adventure visual novel video game where players take control of different characters through two linear scenarios: in the "Transmitter" scenario, players take the role of a detective solving a serial murder mystery, while in the "Placebo" scenario, they control a freelance journalist covering the investigation.

I read ok to middling reviews mostly due to the controls.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Anyone have individual reviews on each game?

Bishop89

Well this thread turned into a graveyard lol.

Cool can't wait to get this.

I wish that goofy game was included though forgot what it was called. Goofy troop or something?

Top Bottom