• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle of Illusion remake being deslisted?

So is this really disappearing?

Yes! Grab it quick from somewhere if you have any interest in it.

It's the 'glorious digital age' where the rights to a game run out so anyone who missed out after can't just pick one up second hand or borrow from a friend sometime down the track etc.

If I hadn't purchased it on Steam, my unborn child would never be able to play it!!!

Honestly, I'd probably get my child to play my original Master System one instead anyway, but still. :p

Apdiddy

Woah, I'm completely pissed now.

I had pre-ordered Castle of Illusion on PSN back in 2013.

I go to my download queue -- and only the pre-order bonuses remain. No actual PSN copy of Castle of Illusion.

Sega pulled a PT and I tweeted them about it. On the store page itself it doesn't give me an option to download the game I purchased.

Freddo

I go to my download queue -- and only the pre-order bonuses remain. No actual PSN copy of Castle of Illusion.
Odd. I pre-ordered the game on PSN too, and it's still there for me.

Z_Y

I always get antsy about titles I am even slightly interested in when I know they are going to be delisted. I get stressed because I know it's now or never. I have this via ps+ but don't like that it's tied to a subscription. The 360 version isn't on sale either. I convinced myself earlier this week that I did not need it and I should just put it out of my mind.

So I just bought it. Hope it's worth the $15.

Yukinari

I always get antsy about titles I am even slightly interested in when I know they are going to be delisted. I get stressed because I know it's now or never. I have this via ps+ but don't like that it's tied to a subscription. The 360 version isn't on sale either. I convinced myself earlier this week that I did not need it and I should just put it out of my mind.

So I just bought it. Hope it's worth the $15.

I bought it for 2 bucks or whatever off Humble Bundle but if i got it for 15 i would feel disappointed.

Tizoc

Woah, I'm completely pissed now.

Sega pulled a PT and I tweeted them about it. On the store page itself it doesn't give me an option to download the game I purchased.

It's a server error, matter of fact use this instead as it will show all your games and is far better than Sony's
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985754

davedc226

Just grabbed it off of Indiegala even though I already own it on PS3.

I hate seeing games get delisted. Makes me more motivated to backup my digital libraries.

Z_Y

I bought it for 2 bucks or whatever off Humble Bundle but if i got it for 15 i would feel disappointed.

Welp. Won't be the first or last game purchase I'll regret. Maybe my kids will like it. It will look nice next to Ducktales on my ready to install list, if nothing else.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes! Grab it quick from somewhere if you have any interest in it.

It's the 'glorious digital age' where the rights to a game run out so anyone who missed out after can't just pick one up second hand or borrow from a friend sometime down the track etc.

If I hadn't purchased it on Steam, my unborn child would never be able to play it!!!

Honestly, I'd probably get my child to play my original Master System one instead anyway, but still. :p

To be fair, on Steam you can buy extra copies to keep on your inventory, or buy extra keys somewhere else. You can also "borrow" the game from a friend who has it by using family sharing. So it's not as bad as you think :p

Domstercool

Just grabbed it off of Indiegala even though I already own it on PS3.

I hate seeing games get delisted. Makes me more motivated to backup my digital libraries.

One of the annoying restrictions with digital games is this whole license issue. Imagine discovering a game a few years later, but can't even buy it. Physical lets you get it second hand at least.

There needs to be some new law for this age that makes the licence agreement per game and not for how many years.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Had a hard time justifying the price of the 360 version, which is a shame, since that's where all my SEGA stuff is (included the delisted After Burner Climax). Picked it up on HumbleBundle for $2.24...

I impulse bought this out of fear of missing a great game, but now I wished I didn't :(

The game plays nothing like the original and the level design is also rather poor, and that annoying narration, omg XD

I'll still give it a shot, but the first impression is not good at all

Nightwing449

Neo Member
Indiegala was sold out so i picked it up on the humble bundle store for $2.24. I have never played this or the original but it looks really fun.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Its daily deal on steam,85% discount

Ouch for you guys who buy it on non-steam

Santar

I impulse bought this out of fear of missing a great game, but now I wished I didn't :(

The game plays nothing like the original and the level design is also rather poor, and that annoying narration, omg XD

I'll still give it a shot, but the first impression is not good at all

I agree about the narration, thankfully you can actually turn it off in the options.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I disagree, it's a really good game, that outshines the original greatly, gameplaywise. Visually and especially audibly there is no contest anyway. The soundtrack could be right out of Banjo-Threeie. Well, it couldn't because there is no Banjo-Threeie, but soundtrack wise Yooka-Laylee can't possible get closer to Banjo than Mickey did here.

Is the master system version that good?

I love the mega drive version, I moved on to that system after the master system and never really considered it for the old system at the time

One of the annoying restrictions with digital games is this whole license issue. Imagine discovering a game a few years later, but can't even buy it. Physical lets you get it second hand at least.

There needs to be some new law for this age that makes the licence agreement per game and not for how many years.

I agree 100%

I'd say the same for songs in games as well.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Is the master system version that good?

I love the mega drive version, I moved on to that system after the master system and never really considered it for the old system at the time

I've played and completed both versions, and besides music and graphics, the MS version is much better than the MD version.

Big Nikus

Okay, I already have it on the 360 and I bought it again on Steam (I love this remake). I wanted a friend to grab it but he's busy at work. Oh well, I told him a few days ago already.

CrisKre

Got it for free with prime for my phone and frankly, its not bad at all. Thanks OP!

P.s.: Sonic CD is also free with prime.

abracadaver

The game just got removed from Steam as well

I put 5 more copies in my inventory. They will be worth thousands in a few months

satire77

Shit, i just went on steam to try and grab the game before it was gone. I search for it, it appears at a 80% discount, i add it to the cart, and as i try to pay, it is at its original price. I recharge the page, and it is gone from the store.

Khaz

welp, buying soon-to-be-delisted games doesn't ensure you can keep them forever apparently. I got it from indiegala.

V5ImCcc.png

Top Bottom