• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Avellone is Fighting Back (Update: won seven figure lawsuit, formal apology/retraction from accusers)

niilokin

45vfs8.jpg

njean777

fucking sad, get a life and stop resulting to twitter to air out your emotional drama

There are far more important things going on than accusations that your superiority complex didn't get fulfilled you dummy.

Last edited:

Iorv3th

So he was a drunk gentleman who respected her boundaries and caused one of her friends heartache and emotional pain? Am I reading this correctly?

That's what it sounds like. How dare people date or whatever they were doing for a year and then have it not work out....

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Finally something substantial

So, he was badly sexting to a married women over DM in 2014. Probably drunk from the looks of it, still a sleazebag move. It's something, nowhere near anything people need to end his career or really anything that should be aired over the internet (especially since she apparently *forgave* him, which means he did apologize for that already.), but..... something?

She wants attention because she hasn't been successful in anything in years. Not to mention she looks like she just crawled out of a sewer. I feel more sorry for Chris for ever trying to bang that.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Nah most girls aren't like this. And the ones that are have telltale signs. Just be prepared to run at the first red flag.

A lot of guys put up with horrible women because we are brainwashed into believing that all women are angels. No, women are just as awful as men. They are only human. You just need to be smart and know when to cut and run, and when to stick around.

One piece of advice, if a woman starts to blame you for every rotten thing in her life, that's your cue to leave. If she's just upset and needs consoling or a trip to the Ice cream shop then she's normal. These girls won't out you for every shitty thing you may or may not have done in a relationship.

In my younger days I encountered a few. One ex faked cancer, a miscarriage and her best friend’s death. I was young, stupid and grateful for pussy (I lacked confidence back then) so I only twigged when I bumped into the friends. Had social media been a thing, or were I to become famous now, I have no doubt that she’d come out of the woodwork.

I feel for guys dating now, especially young guys short of confidence who don’t know the risks out there. It’s a dangerous jungle.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So let's get this straight...

You went out drinking with him (you payed for no drinks).

You got drunk (it was your choice).

You don't remember kissing him.

After that, the times you DO remember with him, he was considerate and a gentleman.

Also, he dated your friend and she got upset with him a few times.

LETS CANCEL THIS FUCKING ASSHOLE.

kiphalfton

I think we’d all do well to revisit a critical life lesson that some have tragically forgotten:

That video is from a different time, when crazy was crazy and all you were afraid of was waking up tied to the bed, your car was keyed or has a brick in it's window, etc.

Now crazy is waking up finding out you've received a call/email/text/voicemail/all of the above from your company telling you you have been fired, protesters are outside your house, social media Twitter/Facebook/etc. mob is after your ass, and the news is reporting you're a sexual predator.

digital haze

Neo Member
What Chris Avellone gets up to in his own time is none of our business*. The circular hate mob of twitter and its crusade against straight white men in particular is absolutely our business. Turning something everyday and innocuous - not even a misdemeanour - into a reason to lynch someone is not ok. Something needs to be done to curb this hate, and the constant 'us vs them' ideologies (eg, man vs woman, black vs white, hetero vs homo) that continue to setback society. I only have this trite paragraph and image to add, so hopefully they burn out warring amongst themselves with their own hypocrisy at some point.

ihtbgnk5v.jpg

*unless he's making more classics like IWD

Last edited:

MrRogers

That video is from a different time, when crazy was crazy and all you were afraid of was waking up tied to the bed, your car was keyed or has a brick in it's window, etc.

Now crazy is waking up finding out you've received a call/email/text/voicemail/all of the above from your company telling you you have been fired, protesters are outside your house, social media Twitter/Facebook/etc. mob is after your ass, and the news is reporting you're a sexual predator.

Eastern Europe is looking good right about now...

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Never put your dick in crazy. Now you know the nature of women, Chris. They didn't really like you, they wanted to use you for your success and as a career stepping stone. When a woman says "I respected him and he used me" that translates into "I'm hypergamous and didn't get what I wanted". We saw this in the case of Alec Holowka and Chelsea Van Valkenburg.

Men, you better get red pilled asap. Even these beta-boys are getting cancelled. Better Bachelor has a relevant video to this topic. A striking line he used was, "In the past women were told that when they meet a man, to do it in a public place for their safety. Now I tell men that when you meet a woman, do it in a public place for your safety."

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I wouldn't take too many women's pleads for pity or shaming unless there's facts.

I've seen my share in the corporate world. EVERY TIME I've seen some weird shit going on with HR, accusations, "I need short or long term leave", and other drama it's been 100% (yes 100%) women. I have yet to see one guy do any odd shit. I've seen women crying in their cubicle, going on stress leave (never seen one guy take stress leave ever), women getting hysterical and literally RUNNING in the corridors for who knows what upset. Lots of emotional clusterfuck shit, where the first thing you think of seeing it is "WTF now?"

There was one person I worked with who went on stress leave for half a year (terrible performance and another one of those you know is going to get fired soon), and next thing you know her Facebook shows she's on vacation in Europe hanging out with family drinking and eating at restaurants like it's party central.

Then next thing you know she's not coming back because she's quitting for a different company. WTF? You were supposedly so stressed and needed vacation, but instead of coming back you were looking for a new job the whole time and now are bolting. Thanks a lot.

The best one was when someone was going to get fired (everyone knew it it was coming sooner or later). Out of nowhere she claims sexual assault and disappears on leave. Months pass and people are wondering what the hell happened.

She bullshitted the abuse hoping to get a pay off to go away. Company said fuck you and we'll bring it to court then. She backed off and got accepted fired as normal wit zero pay out.

Got to say, these types of people sure know when to perfectly time it to bring up HR issues right when they are about to be fired.

Can't believe everything you read or hear.

Last edited:
Attention seeking twitter drama that feeds ResentEra-minded people needs to stop. If there was a crime, go to the police. (hope these arent the same ACAB people as well...)
Sad thing is the thread over at retardera is just like her Twitter feed... Burn the witch, lynch him rahhh... No sorry... Reeeeeeeee

This site was just like that from 2014 to 2018. You can also see the number of people banned for wromgthink. One dude over there said maybe people shouldn't drink so much alcohol... Banned for victim blaming. Lol I can't make this shit up. A general statement of fact is considered victim blaming. Wtf.

LoV

Banned
Oh boy, Chris wants to eat some girls out? Get the pitch forks!

Anyone lashing out against Chris has a lot of shit in their basement they don't want to get out.

sobaka770

Banned
Chris is a very very talented writer, truly insightful and creative. Everything he touches has a unique feel for it. It's also pretty clear that he drinks a lot, has a huge ego and basically is full of himself. He knows he's good and expects to be recognised as such.

I'm not surprised he would do something like that. I'm waiting for developments as Avellone is not the type of person who will sit quiet after such accusations (unless he finally got a good shrink).

Teslerum

Chris is a very very talented writer, truly insightful and creative. Everything he touches has a unique feel for it. It's also pretty clear that he drinks a lot, has a huge ego and basically is full of himself. He knows he's good and expects to be recognised as such.

Nope. Tell me one, one instance where this is the case. I've read and seen enough of Chris in interviews and such to know this is 100% not true, at least externally. Dude's more humble than most about his work and not shy about giving credit.

Don't make shit up.

Last edited:

LoV

Banned
He should probably ignore the crazy. I don't know what is the best thing to do, but engaging in twitter seems to not be it.
That's where he messed up. He looked weak and pitiful apologizing...

It's hard to believe this is the same guy who wrote some of the best stories in media especially video games.

Fuck it's cringe...

Teslerum

That's where he messed up. He looked weak and pitiful apologizing...

It's hard to believe this is the same guy who wrote some of the best stories in media especially video games.

He's... always been this way? Regardless of his behavior when drunk Chris was never overly aggressive or dominant in conversation. He's down for lots of jokes and crass language, but he's not domineering and prefers diplomacy.

Why do you think it took him multiple years to let go of Obsidian even though he had always issues with the management? He bottled everything up before unleashing it into a midlife crisis.

Last edited:

LoV

Banned
He's... always been this way? Regardless of his behavior when drunk Chris was never overly aggressive or dominant in conversation. He's down for lots of jokes and crass language, but he's not domineering and prefers diplomacy.

Why do you think it took him multiple years to let go of Obsidian even though he had always issues with the management? He bottled everything up before unleashing it into a midlife crisis.

No idea, I don't keep tabs on his personal life so I have no knowledge of anything he does outside of writing.

Wwg1wga

In my younger days I encountered a few. One ex faked cancer, a miscarriage and her best friend’s death. I was young, stupid and grateful for pussy (I lacked confidence back then) so I only twigged when I bumped into the friends. Had social media been a thing, or were I to become famous now, I have no doubt that she’d come out of the woodwork.

I feel for guys dating now, especially young guys short of confidence who don’t know the risks out there. It’s a dangerous jungle.
tumblr_mhzp4sJJr31rjqyivo3_500.gif

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Im so glad I dont use Twitter. Those people are all fucking insane. On both sides of the arguement. About everything.

Top Bottom