• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Circana (formerly NPD) February 2023: PS5 #1 in Units and Dollars, Switch #2, and Xbox #3 in Units

jm89

Hardware

February 2023 Top 20 Software

iRvVrvl.jpg

2023 YTD Ending February Top 20 Games

4cBl6a9.png

Accessories

Spending

jbjgZcg.jpg

State of the market

Source: https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella

Last edited:
The remake no one wanted at #5 and the 3 year old flop sequel at #18!

Xbox dead last against 2 japanese consoles, including the 6 year old one is…something.

Meanwhile PS5 single-handedly driving the hardware growth for the market.

Imagine that new sku + Spider-Man 2 bundle in September…and FFXIV before it, in June.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol That Last of Us show bump is amazing. TLOU2 jumped from 41 to 18! I know some non gamer podcasters were playing the games. That must have helped.

Great to see Dead Space show some legs. Elden Rings at 7 is nuts in its 13th month! Its showing CoD legs.

Ragnorak is very impressive considering its being bundled in with almost every PS5 in the US and NPD apparently doesnt count bundles.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Never saw Xbox Series getting outsold in it's strongest market month after month by old ass Switch.

Thought Switch would be flatlining by now too but it chuggs along.
Switch is a handheld at this point. Every kid wants it. New kids are born everyday.

Unfair to compare it to the Xbox or PS5 imo.

or
Sony and Nintendo are colluding with the U.S Government. JUST KIDDING, dont ban me.

Nautilus

Banned
Dead Space hold is simply incredible. That probably means it will be at the top 10 next month too. Really happy for it.

I don't know if OT 2 at number 10 is great or dissapointing.It's there though, so I'm happy.

Nautilus

Banned
Switch is a handheld at this point. Every kid wants it. New kids are born everyday.

or
Sony and Nintendo are colluding with the U.S Government. JUST KIDDING, dont ban me.
Switch is a hybrid though.

But the Switch is on its 7th year.It would speak more about the PS5 and Series appeal and performance rather than the Switch's if the Switch was still outselling them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The remake no one wanted at #5 and the 3 year old flop sequel at #18!

Xbox dead last against 2 japanese consoles, including the 6 year old one is…something.

Meanwhile PS5 single-handedly driving the hardware growth for the market.

Imagine that new sku + Spider-Man 2 bundle in September…and FFXIV before it, in June.
They should call on their congress shills to investigate.

or

You're right.

But Hogwarts released on Xbox this NPD month, biggest multiplat release outside FIFA or COD and would have given a hardware bump. You'd imagine.

That will give it a far bigger bump than Redfall, that a lot of people think will move Series sales.

Part 1 should overtake Ragnarok for the YTD sales next month I would say.

Im loving the PC port just hope it gets fixed soon for the users experiencing issues.

The TLOU franchise has got to be at or near 50 mil units sold by now....

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
NPD
6th - Last of Us Part I
18th - Last of Us Part II

European GSD February 2023
7th - The Last of Us Part 2
18th - Last of Us: Remastered

Big month for the franchise.

Part II was discounted for $9.99 for about a week, so for it to be at number 18 is impressive because that means it sold a lot of units during this month.

feynoob

Banned
I was honestly surprised that it failed to chart in the NPD top 20 last year. The show has definitely given it a massive boost but last year it was outsold by kirby, sonic, gotham knights and a smash bros game from 2018.
npd-2022-software-chart.jpg
Think of it like cyberpunk anime show.
That series gave the game exposure to new audience which led to higher sales and higher steam concurrent users.

The last of us is experiencing similar things now.

Kvally

Banned
The xbox thing in the USA is worrying, while PS5 is sweeping, they can't even beat a system with more than 6 years on the market like Switch, they are selling even less than Xbox one.
Well if Xbox would ever release a AAA game anytime soon, maybe they would sell more Xbox consoles. Not to mention, they were sold out in February at the MS store, and invite only on Amazon. Phil needs to get his head out of his asshole and start kissing ours.

Well if Xbox would ever release a AAA game anytime soon, maybe they would sell more Xbox consoles. Not to mention, they were sold out in February at the MS store, and invite only on Amazon. Phil needs to get his head out of his asshole and start kissing ours.

The other factor that gets overlooked is all Xbox games getting day 1 cross release on PC day 1. Further disincentivizes their console sales.

Neo_game

Guess this means Xbox sold alot of xsx if they are n2 at $ sales.

It could also be the other way round. Since SX stocks are not gret and people are not too interested in SS the Xbox sales are low. The difference between Switch and Xbox may be very less with in 10K ? The only number they provided is PS5 was 29% higher compared to Feb 2022.

Dead Space hold is simply incredible. That probably means it will be at the top 10 next month too. Really happy for it.

I don't know if OT 2 at number 10 is great or dissapointing.It's there though, so I'm happy.
Isn't this where you always post you see PS sales falling hard and how it's becoming irrelevant.

You say that in every sales chart regardless of how well it sells. What's the delay this month?

But, I'll agree Octopath Traveler 2 is great. Wish it was doing better, as I want more stuff like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom