• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Circana (formerly NPD) February 2023: PS5 #1 in Units and Dollars, Switch #2, and Xbox #3 in Units

Brucey

Not my fault you only read the threads that support your personal preferences.

I didn't make up anything. You're rants about the UK have no impact on European sales and you're failing to use it as a be all end all indicator.

Xbox Series being the best selling Xbox compared to the previous is a fact. The fact it fell behind the Xbox One in UK and US is also a fact.

Therefore to still be in front sales have to come from elsewhere.

You find these three facts inconvenient. So you keep bringing up the UK randomly despite it being accounted for.

Even using the 20M estimate that still has Xbox Series sales coming from elsewhere.

You're only bringing up the UK out of a poor attempt to act like it's the only place Xbox is selling outside the US.

https://www.installbaseforum.com/fo...1-xbox-series-x-s-up-yoy-games-down-7-1.1307/

Most growth in Europe didn't come from the UK. The country as you correctly stated hadn't touched 2M yet. Working against your own argument.
From your link, for total European sales for 2022:

"Hardware
#1 Switch (down 15% YoY)
#2 PS5 (down 35% YoY)
#3 XBS (up 4.4% YoY)

5.3 million consoles were sold last year, a drop of 25% over the year before."

How many of those 5.3 million consoles do you propose Xbox sold, given they were third in unit sales? Your fantasyland of xbs being incredibly successful globally to prop up their US+UK numbers is just that, fantasy.

From your link, for total European sales for 2022:

"Hardware
#1 Switch (down 15% YoY)
#2 PS5 (down 35% YoY)
#3 XBS (up 4.4% YoY)

5.3 million consoles were sold last year, a drop of 25% over the year before."

How many of those 5.3 million consoles do you propose Xbox sold, given they were third in unit sales? Your fantasyland of xbs being incredibly successful globally to prop up their US+UK numbers is just that, fantasy.

Never said any of this but you have to lie that I did or your post is laughable otherwise.

We are talking about lifetime sales and you're focusing on only last year, says everything.

If Xbox hadn't sold 2M in the UK yet then it's very clear that even using the 20M number that US+UK is only about 10M lifetime by end of 2022. Meaning almost half of Xbox Series sales came outside of those two.

You're creating a fake reality in your head based on an old myth that US+UK make up 80% or more of Xbox sales which maybe outside the Xbox One, has never happened and even Xbox One didn't start out that way.

I noticed that no one can see the elephant in the room either, If Xbox now is behind Xbox One in US and UK according to those here, how is the current console still the leading Xbox globally?

Because of sales ELSEWHERE.

Such simple logic and everyone still acts confused.

Then you have to make up quotes like "incredibly successful" because you can't handle the fact your myth was busted.

It don't really matter because as we speak PS5 is close to 40 million sold while Xbox Series is close to 20 million so even with the made up 23 million it's not looking good right now as PS5 pick up steam but we don't know when Series consoles will actually see a boost in sales

Only thing made up is your 20M which you only agree with because it's low for the console wars.

i dont think he understands that UK and US is like 75% of where xbox sales come from.

Probably because it's made up especially for earlier in the generation.

You guys aren't even paying attention to your own fake numbers posted here.

20M with less than 2M in UK and less than 9M US lifetime end of last year is less than 11 million, giving the rest of the world nearly 50%.

You guys are arguing against the very numbers you believe.

jm89

Never said any of this but you have to lie that I did or your post is laughable otherwise.

We are talking about lifetime sales and you're focusing on only last year, says everything.

If Xbox hadn't sold 2M in the UK yet then it's very clear that even using the 20M number that US+UK is only about 10M lifetime by end of 2022. Meaning almost half of Xbox Series sales came outside of those two.

You're creating a fake reality in your head based on an old myth that US+UK make up 80% or more of Xbox sales which maybe outside the Xbox One, has never happened and even Xbox One didn't start out that way.

I noticed that no one can see the elephant in the room either, If Xbox now is behind Xbox One in US and UK according to those here, how is the current console still the leading Xbox globally?

Then you have to make up quotes like "incredibly successful" because you can't handle the fact your myth was busted.
When was the last claim the xbox series was leading xbox one globally?

Absolutely amazing, all these essays and not a single proof of your nonsensical claim of 23 million from a credible source.

You write alot, but not much substance.

onQ123

Only thing made up is your 20M which you only agree with because it's low for the console wars.

Probably because it's made up especially for earlier in the generation.

You guys aren't even paying attention to your own fake numbers posted here.

20M with less than 2M in UK and less than 9M US lifetime end of last year is less than 11 million, giving the rest of the world nearly 50%.

You guys are arguing against the very numbers you believe.
Something is clearly wrong with you lol

I said even if it is 23 million it's still Xbox Series close to 20 million while PS5 is close to 40 million.

Something is clearly wrong with you lol

I said even if it is 23 million it's still Xbox Series close to 20 million while PS5 is close to 40 million.

Which isn't what I was responding to and you know it.

write alot, but not much substance.

I agree with you on you writing without substance. You've been supporting numbers the entire time repeated in this thread, but have never actually read through the thread you're posting in. You don't even have your own argument in this thread.

Mighty impressive.

I also want to point out again that none of you can answer the above questions because you can't.

You're here failing to attack me through your ignorance supporting 20M Xbox sales yet can't do the basic math.

If we assume 20M is true, US+UK end of the year lifetime is less than 11M.

If you believe 20M then you have to also admit nearly 50 percent of Xbox sales came from outside those countries

I don't expect any of you to actually address this because then you have to admit you all have been spreading fud constantly about 80% US+UK domination for Xbox sales

Maybe games instead of bias next time.

jm89

I agree with you on you writing without substance. You've been supporting numbers the entire time repeated in this thread, but have never actually read through the thread you're posting in. You don't even have your own argument in this thread.

Mighty impressive.

I also want to point out again that none of you can answer the above questions because you can't.

You're here failing to attack me through your ignorance supporting 20M Xbox sales yet can't do the basic math.

If you believe 20M then you have to also admit nearly 50 percent of Xbox sales came from outside those countries

I don't expect any of you to actually address this because then you have to admit you all have been spreading fud constantly about 80% US+UK domination for Xbox sales

I don't care about 20m, I'm asking you to substantiate this claim.
The more credible put it around 22-23M.

Last edited:

onQ123

Mighty impressive.

SMH

jm89

Isn't Ampere the most credible estimates that we have?

I know there's VGcharts but I don't believe their as good as Ampere. Not sure where else the estimates are coming from.
Even vgchartz who historically overestimate Xbox sales have it below 21m as of end of Feb. His got some imaginary source that his using to come up with that number.

Even vgchartz who historically overestimate Xbox sales have it below 21m as of end of Feb. His got some imaginary source that his using to come up with that number.

Remember, Jm does a lot of smart talk but not smart enough to read through the thread he's in because he only jumps off other people arguments and doesn't have one himself.

Also messing up my original quote to.

Meanwhile not you or anyone else can explain US+UK being 75% of sales if together they are only near 10M of the 20M you believe. Proving my point global sales are holding the series up with nearly 59% of the lifetime sales.

I'm still waiting for someone to address this after all that trash talk. Guess that's that

Honestly if it's their best selling Xbox I'm sure Microsoft would tell us that.

They did.

Last edited:

jm89

Remember, Jm does a lot of smart talk but not smart enough to read through the thread he's in because he only jumps off other people arguments and doesn't have one himself.

Also messing up my original quote to.

Meanwhile you not anyone else can explain US+UK being 75% of sales if together they are only near 10M of the 20. Proving my point global sales are holding the series up.

I'm still waiting for someone to address this after all that trash talk.

Take the L.
Still waiting for the 22m-23m source. Keep posting your spaghetti essays, it's not helping you hear.

Last edited:
Still waiting for the 22m-23m source. Keep posting your spaghetti essays, it's not helping you hear.

Remember, you substantiated nothing, and won't even read the thread you're posting in.

You call them spaghetti essays because your wrong and are trying to avoid addressing the L from your last failed argument.

You have literally nothing left. Stop arguing about something you don't know.

jm89

Remember, you substantiated nothing, and won't even read the thread you're posting in.

You call them spaghetti essays because your wrong and are trying to avoid addressing the L from your last failed argument.

You have literally nothing left. Stop arguing about something you don't know.
Still waiting for the source, i don't have to substantiate shit I'm not the one making the claim, you are.

Honestly with games like FFXVI and Spider-Man 2 only on ps5 and with the new sku later this year this conversation is kinda useless cause ps5 will end up at 2:1 anyway. It’s only a matter of time now if it isn’t already there.

onQ123

Honestly with games like FFXVI and Spider-Man 2 only on ps5 and with the new sku later this year this conversation is kinda useless cause ps5 will end up at 2:1 anyway. It’s only a matter of time now if it isn’t already there.
In a few weeks when the reports come out someone will have to face reality

onQ123

23+

61+
I don't even know what is going on here

Edit: I think I understand now

This quarter 6 million vs 1.5 million
This FY 19 million vs 8
Lifetime 38 m vs 20m

Forecast for next FY 23m+ vs 8m

End of next FY 62m+ vs 28m

Last edited:

jm89

Except the 20M people are talking about was end of 2022. It being less than 5 months ago doesn't matter because 2023 isn't in the numbers.
oh it matters cause it's missing the disastrous sales we saw in the USA in November. Where it got outsold almost 2:1 by the ps5, one of the biggest sales months of the year.

And you bet December would not have been much better.

Last edited:

onQ123

1.5 added by three multiple is 6.

8 added by three multiple is 19.

8 multiplied by 3 multiple is over 23.

28 added three multiple is over 68.

See?
Nope

This quarter 6 million vs 1.5 million
This FY 19 million vs 8
Lifetime 38 m vs 20m

Forecast for next FY 23m+ vs 8m

End of next FY 62m+ vs 28m

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Except the 20M people are talking about was end of 2022. It being less than 5 months ago doesn't matter because 2023 isn't in the numbers.

The problem is that statement could still be accurate if XBS sold as much as one console more than the XBO launched aligned before the 2022 holiday season. And if XBS underperformed that holiday compared to XBO, that could very well put it behind.

oh it matters cause it's missing the disastrous sales we saw in the USA in November.

Compared to the PS5, which has nothing to do with Xbox series sales relative to other Xbox consoles. PS5; was outselling Xbox the whole second half of last year.

Didn't stop CEO from saying it was still best selling Xbox end of October.

jm89

Compared to the PS5, which has nothing to do with Xbox series sales relative to other Xbox consoles. PS5; was outselling Xbox the whole second half of last year.

Didn't stop CEO from saying it was still best selling Xbox end of October.

So what if the CEO said it was best selling end of October, it misses 2 of the biggest months of the year.

Last edited:
The problem is that statement could still be accurate if XBS sold as much as one console more than the XBO launched aligned before the 2022 holiday season. And if XBS underperformed that holiday compared to XBO, that could very well put it behind.

You're forgetting about the NPD leak, so we know what it did in November compared to 2021, and it was by far the biggest Xbox sales increase in 2022.

Xbox was still up, even in the UK. But PS5 was more up.

Varteras

Gold Member
You're forgetting about the NPD leak, so we know what it did in November compared to 2021, and it was by far the biggest Xbox sales increase in 2022.

Xbox was still up, even in the UK. But PS5 was more up.

How does that compare to what XBO did in the same timeframe?

Are you slow? Someone posted random numbers & I replied I don't know what is going on here. Then I looked at the numbers & realized what they where & edit my post.

So you're insulting yourself now for asking a pointless question about something you were originally putting no effort in figuring out?

Ok.

onQ123

Something to think about is that last year started off good for Xbox Series & slow for PS5 but it still ended with PS5 2:1 over Xbox Series for the year & this year is starting with PS5 way up while Xbox Series is down even with Series S selling at really cheap prices.

Something has to change for Xbox Series consoles going forward . They can't let the competition start outselling them 3:1 each year while not moving much software or it will get worse with 3rd parties making more PS5 exclusives

Woopah

Something to think about is that last year started off good for Xbox Series & slow for PS5 but it still ended with PS5 2:1 over Xbox Series for the year & this year is starting with PS5 way up while Xbox Series is down even with Series S selling at really cheap prices.

Something has to change for Xbox Series consoles going forward . They can't let the competition start outselling them 3:1 each year while not moving much software or it will get worse with 3rd parties making more PS5 exclusives
Hopefully that something to change will be Microsoft's acquisitions paying off from H2 2023 onwards.

Top Bottom