• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Green Party files for Wisconsin recount, audit

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's right at the very least on the tables turned bit. There's no doubt if somebody called for a recount when hillary had won, the reaction here would be very different.

If the situation was reversed--if Trump had won the popular vote by a fair margin but lost electoral votes due to close margins in a handful of states--I honestly don't know how I would feel about that.

I'd be relieved, obviously, to be that much more distant from President Trump.

I'd be upset, at the fact Trump won the popular vote to begin with. Disgusted, more like.

I'm not sure that I would be acrimonious about him wanting a recount in relatively close states, though. I know we want this long national nightmare (the election, I mean) to finally be over, but the fact of the matter is he doesn't take office for quite some time yet. There's no real harm in verifying the process in the meantime.

Would I feel the same way in the reverse situation? Probably not, since he made a big stink about not conceding regardless, but if he had just cause I don't know what to say about that other than "OK".

KingBroly

Banned
How is PA an acceptable system voting? This is ridiculous.

Hopefully a lawsuit is brought up against PA and their fraud voting system. I bet them not being able to do a recount will trigger it.

I think the logic is 'it's so old, it's so broken no one can do anything about it.' No paper trail, no internet connection. The problems with those voting machines always is calibration issues, which didn't benefit Trump during the election. It benefited Clinton. I don't think their machines are fraudulent, just the old man yelling at clouds, lol. They do need to overhaul their election laws, though.

Future

Trump having a nice meltdown on twitter atm.

Twitter is so good for him. Can just mouth off and have nothing said challenged directly or immediately

It's in his character to behave this way but we all know republicans would be accusing the entire system of being rigged and demand all kinds of recounts if he lost. If trump really wanted unity, he wouldn't ignite any fury over this stuff because all parties would do it and it's not like anyone directly is challenging his presidency

But this is trump we are talking about. Unity be damned, he feels insulted so time to whine and bitch as always

Phreaker

As much as I am horrified that Trump is our President-elect. I really hope the election was not messed with. I don't mind the recounts though if there are any questions.

Ryzaki009

WI is 85% paper, 15% electronic w/paper receipt

MI is 100% paper

PA is like...80% electronic w/no paper trail and they're from the 80's so no one knows how to hack them anymore

Yeah I guess this is just a final way of telling Trump he *really* isn't wanted. XD This whole election is gonna be for the history books man.

As much as I am horrified that Trump is our President-elect. I really hope the election was not messed with. I don't mind the recounts though if there are any questions.

It 100% has been messed with. It's just a question of how deeply it has been messed with.

Counting votes doesn't address issues of vote suppression or disenfranchisement. However, if this doesn't pan out, I'm sure the money going to 'election integrity efforts' instead certainly will. So even if the $6M doesn't go anywhere but lawyers' pocket, the fight will go on. Believe.

lenovox1

Jill Stein has no credibility to lose by requesting a recount and she has zero chance of winning the election with a recount. But if Hillary wins the recount maybe Jill Stein gets a sweet spot on Hillary's cabinet... And Hillary doesn't look like a fool if the recount comes up empty.

It's pretty much win-win for all parties involved.

I'd say at the worst it's 50/50 Hillary is pulling the strings.

No.

I knew Democrats were going to start believing fake news as soon as this recount happened.

Let's not be foolish here. Democrats, like any group, have always had a few quick believers for conspiracy stuff. It's nothing new and shouldn't be painted as such.

Why does one have to come up with 5-7 million dollars just to request a recount? I realize recounting costs resources, but 5-7 million sounds pretty steep.

jax

Banned
Why does Jill Stein all of the sudden give a shit about Hillary after shilling for Trump the past 6 months?

Counting votes doesn't address issues of vote suppression or disenfranchisement. However, if this doesn't pan out, I'm sure the money going to 'election integrity efforts' instead certainly will. So even if the $6M doesn't go anywhere but lawyers' pocket, the fight will go on. Believe.

I thought the remainder of the donations go towards the Green Party. Which makes this whole thing sketchy.

KingBroly

Banned
It 100% has been messed with. It's just a question of how deeply it has been messed with.

Considering even Stein herself says they have no evidence of it, as does the Clinton campaign, and the White House...etc. It's not there.

It's absolutely fair to say there is 100% evidence of some fraud at the moment. We know that. It's just a matter of how large that fraud is. It would have to be unprecedented levels to change the result, even with the slim margins in these three states.

Pennsylvania, 1.2% or 70,000+ vote margin, is not slim.

MIMIC

Banned
Let's not be foolish here. Democrats, like any group, have always had a few quick believers for conspiracy stuff. It's nothing new and shouldn't be painted as such.

I'm talking about on this forum....and more specifically, what is allowed to be propagated and what isn't.

Had Hillary won and someone said that the vote was "100% messed with" (to the extent to want a recount), can you imagine the number of pages devoted to dismissing the claims as phony? (I mean, we kinda already do, after Trump suggested that he wouldn't accept the results)

Fake shit is fake shit and it all deserves to be dismissed instead of encouraged.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
IHad Hillary won and someone said that the vote was "100% messed with" (to the extent to want a recount), can you imagine the number of pages devoted to dismissing the claims as phony? (I mean, we kinda already do, after Trump suggested that he wouldn't accept the results)

I hate how some still equate what is happening here with Trump saying during a debate that he possibly wouldn't accept the results of the election aka concede.

KingBroly

Banned
So when do we get the results of the recount?

They have to file their results by December 12 or else Congress can throw out their electoral college results. EC is on Dec. 19th, Congress certifies it on Jan. 6th.

The last recount in Wisconsin took a month, which was a statewide Judicial race I believe. They have to do this in half the time.

MI and PA are bigger, so I imagine it'd take longer for recounts in those states.

A recount in PA is fucking impossible, though.

Trump is going to be President.

MIMIC

Banned
I hate how some still equate what is happening here with Trump saying during a debate that he possibly wouldn't accept the results of the election aka concede.

Well Hillary obviously has more dignity and class than Trump. She's not going to make a scene about not accepting the results. But that's not the point; let's not pretend that the motives and principles aren't the same. Which states are we asking for recounts in? Not all the states. Not any of the states Hillary won. Not even all of the states Trump won. Not even the states with closer vote margins. Just Hillary's blue wall, the states that Hillary and co. were so dang sure that they would win (which includes a state that Hillary was so sure of that she didn't even campaign there)

Let's just recount those states, because those states -- and those states alone -- represent the integrity of the election process.

:-/

Calamari41

41 > 38
Why does one have to come up with 5-7 million dollars just to request a recount? I realize recounting costs resources, but 5-7 million sounds pretty steep.

Because recounts are automatic when the vote is within a reasonable margin that could potentially be swayed by looking at the ballots again.

These races are nowhere near a reasonable margin to justify a recount, so you have to pay to play

Why does Jill Stein all of the sudden give a shit about Hillary after shilling for Trump the past 6 months?

Despite her craziness related to wifi and vaccinations, she's pro climate change. After seeing what Trump is about to do in terms of climage change, I'm pretty sure a switch went off going "Wow, this nutcase is probably worse than Hillary for the environment."

Plus her followers are more than likely pro-climate change and I'm sure they're smart enough to realize that Trump isn't the one they want in charge of the U.S's environmental policies for the next 4/8 years. Welp, they reap what they sow.

Mii

Banned
Now that Trump says there are millions of fabricated votes and effectively has said that the election that he won is illegitimate, can both sides agree to have a new election?

This is only partly sarcastic.

As an aside, can you imagine what happens 4 years from now when he actually does lose both popular vote and EC and he refuses to initiate the transfer of power due to his belief that there are 'millions' of fabricated votes?

Ac30

I refuse to belive that tweet is real. I mean is Trump just secretly a great comedian?

The rest of his new ones are gold too. He claims he would have won the election even if the EC didn't exist. What is wrong with this man. I hope to God you Americans just bait the shit out of him for half a decade. He'll spend more time on twitter than on legislation.

Well Hillary obviously has more dignity and class than Trump. She's not going to make a scene about not accepting the results. But that's not the point; let's not pretend that the motives and principles aren't the same.

We don't need to pretend that the motives aren't the same, because they're not. Jill Stein wants money and attention, and she's getting both now.

If Hillary were behind this, you'd have a point, but she's not.

We don't need to pretend that the motives aren't the same, because they're not. Jill Stein wants money and attention, and she's getting both now.

If Hillary were behind this, you'd have a point, but she's not.

Except Hillary sent an email to Jill Stein to ask for the recount. If Julian Assange hadn't been murdered by the Clinton gang, it would have been revealed by Wikileaks by now.

MIMIC getting on a high horse about not believing in conspiracy theories is the height of irony.

Mii

Banned
N8KRBWS.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom