• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Green Party files for Wisconsin recount, audit

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
N8KRBWS.png

Given his penchant for projection maybe there is something there :lol

Kettch

Well Hillary obviously has more dignity and class than Trump. She's not going to make a scene about not accepting the results. But that's not the point; let's not pretend that the motives and principles aren't the same. Which states are we asking for recounts in? Not all the states. Not any of the states Hillary won. Not even all of the states Trump won. Not even the states with closer vote margins. Just Hillary's blue wall, the states that Hillary and co. were so dang sure that they would win (which includes a state that Hillary was so sure of that she didn't even campaign there)

Let's just recount those states, because those states -- and those states alone -- represent the integrity of the election process.

:-/

Hey, if people want to switch to a popular vote so that a recount would be nationwide, fine by me. If you want to stick with this dumb system though, don't complain about it.

Ishan

Okay I thought this was silly but seeing trumps popular vote comment yeah Nate Cohn is right . Fine mr president elect of USA you think there was that much fraud full speed ahead with the audit then .

Ms.Galaxy

Mhmm.

Given the fact Trump is clearly freaking out about this, and his tendency to project constantly, there's likely something he's hiding.

Since he's claiming there's millions of illegal votes, let's have a recount then, Mr. President Elect.

KingBroly

Banned
Okay I thought this was silly but seeing trumps popular vote comment yeah Nate Cohn is right . Fine mr president elect of USA you think there was that much fraud full speed ahead with the audit then .

That's Obama's call, not Trump's.

But be warned, it's not something the people behind these recounts want to happen.

Trump has legitimately just made Voter ID a top issue going forward.

Theonik

Trump has legitimately just made Voter ID a top issue going forward.
You act like it's not already a key part of the Republican agenda, if anything Trump's kind of alleged fraud is the one that nigh impossible to pull off without being caught whereas tampering with software is trivial in comparison.

thuway

Is there any evidence to suggest that massive vote fraud happened? This literally feels like grasping for straws.

I wish the Democrats would work on gutting and reforming the party as opposed to pandering to flimsy wasteful ordeals.

Eidan

Is there any evidence to suggest that massive vote fraud happened? This literally feels like grasping for straws.

I wish the Democrats would work on gutting and reforming the party as opposed to pandering to flimsy wasteful ordeals.

What kind of gutting and reforming do you think is necessary?

Theonik

Hey, if the president elect is saying there were millions of illegal votes in this election who are we to assume otherwise?!

Lol, I looooooooove the concern trolling since the election. Yes, clearly those two are mutually exclusive and is clearly holding back the party where they're guaranteed to lose in 4 years when they didn't even initiate or have anything to do with this. But man, why won't those Dems just let it go!!!!!! Let out go!!!! SMH

KingBroly

Banned
You act like it's not already a key part of the Republican agenda, if anything Trump's kind of alleged fraud is the one that nigh impossible to pull off without being caught whereas tampering with software is trivial in comparison.

But he's making a top issue for Democrats as well, because now it's in everyone's heads.

He's also calling out massive voter fraud in California, Virginia and New Hampshire

EBreda

Fucking hate ths Guy. Thought i was over him but I'm not. Everytime I see this piece of crap being dumb, specially on twitter with this child like sentences, I loose it.

Hits my nerves Everytime.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I think trump should fund a recount in California!
Clinton wons? Demand another recount

Clinton wins? Demand another recount

Theonik

I think trump should fund a recount in California!
Clinton wons? Demand another recount

Clinton wins? Demand another recount
Final deadline for states to send their official list of electors is on the 13th of December. No time to recount California.

But he's making a top issue for Democrats as well, because now it's in everyone's heads.

He's also calling out massive voter fraud in California, Virginia and New Hampshire
Voter ID only helps with the imaginary tampering the republicans like to call out, the Democrats haven't even bothered disputing the results and this would be an audit of election methods which has nothing to do with voter ID. It's a hard sell and the DNC aren't stupid enough to follow the RNC on measures designed to target their voters.

MIMIC

Banned
We don't need to pretend that the motives aren't the same, because they're not. Jill Stein wants money and attention, and she's getting both now.

If Hillary were behind this, you'd have a point, but she's not.

The motives aren't the same, even though Hillary's camp already stated that they already specifically looked into the vote results in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania? Seriously?

Also, Hillary doesn't have to be "behind" this. She's very much part of this nonsense now, regardless of whether she initiated the process or not.

The motives aren't the same, even though Hillary's camp already stated that they already specifically looked into the vote results in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania? Seriously?

Also, Hillary doesn't have to be "behind" this. She's very much part of this nonsense now, regardless of whether she initiated the process or not.

alright, we get it. You don't like Hillary

of course she is her name is on the ballots...

Mhmm.

Given the fact Trump is clearly freaking out about this, and his tendency to project constantly, there's likely something he's hiding.

You know how easy it is to get Trump to freak out about something on Twitter? Very easy. I wouldn't read too much into it.

She's part of nothing beyond her camp overseeing the recount now that someone not in her camp initiated it.

She didn't ask for it, she doesn't think it needs to happen but it is so her camp will be there because you know she's on the ballot.

Glass Joe

This thread seems a little more popular than it should be.

Say Stein gets her recount in Wisconsin and somehow the vote total turns out different and Trump loses the state? What would that mean? It would just mean that Trump has 10 less electoral votes and still wins.

Oh but then they recount other states, right? If those surprisingly go into Clinton's favor, then we have to look at the recount process. Unlike Clinton, Trump specifically said he wouldn't concede if he felt there was any funny business.

Why isn't New Hampshire the first recounted state? Wasn't that the one the slimmest lead for either candidate?

And hey talk about the electoral college and changing the rules in the future all you want. But both candidates played by those rules, whether they liked them or not. That's why certain states were campaign hotspots for both.

And why is Stein doing this, since it's not like a recount would ever show her ahead in a state? Is it guilt that if she didn't run, maybe Clinton would have gotten her votes in battleground states and won?

Yes, if you want to suggest that Hillary is being a hypocrite by not accepting the results after criticizing Trump for saying that he wouldn't, then she does have to be behind it. Someone can't have "motivations and principles" behind a particular action if they don't actually do anything.

Trump's camp is also a part of this now, so how does that square with this "theory" of yours?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I kinda believe aliens kidnapped elvis.

It's easy to hate conspiracy theories until it's something you care about. Your bias is clouding your judgement.

Edit-

Bingo. Gaffers were calling Nate a moron just because he had Trump closing in from time to time. After the FBI announcement Trump's odds went up 5% a day on 538

You're projecting.

It has little to do with bias and more to do with all the interference theories and information coming to light since election day. Before all of that, I believed (and still do) that this was just evidence that we are not as progressive as folks want to believe we are in this country. In fact, this country is a joke.

gcubed

Say Stein gets her recount in Wisconsin and somehow the vote total turns out different and Trump loses the state? What would that mean? It would just mean that Trump has 10 less electoral votes and still wins.

Oh but then they recount other states, right? If those surprisingly go into Clinton's favor, then we have to look at the recount process. Unlike Clinton, Trump specifically said he wouldn't concede if he felt there was any funny business.

Why isn't New Hampshire the first recounted state? Wasn't that the one the slimmest lead for either candidate?

And hey talk about the electoral college and changing the rules in the future all you want. But both candidates played by those rules, whether they liked them or not. That's why certain states were campaign hotspots for both.

And why is Stein doing this, since it's not like a recount would ever show her ahead in a state? Is it guilt that if she didn't run, maybe Clinton would have gotten her votes in battleground states and won?

I don't understand what you are asking here. A group ponied up money and asked for a recount before the deadline. If someone wanted to recount NH they could have come with money and asked.

Whos talking about the EC?

I'm confused

Ac30

He claims there's millions of illegal votes yet doesn't call for a recount. All mouth.

It's hilarious and sad that he won the EC, but can't handle the fact he lost the popular vote even though he'll be in the White House soon. This bodes well for the future!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

I think trump won fair and square,if you don't count the FBI lol...but let's say hypothetically the Winsconsin is found to be rigged, ver highly unlikely, that would put the other states in question. Maybe that's what people are hoping for.

Glass Joe

I think trump won fair and square,if you don't count the FBI lol...but let's say hypothetically the Winsconsin is found to be rigged, ver highly unlikely, that would put the other states in question. Maybe that's what people are hoping for.

What's Stein's angle? Best I can tell, she feels she fucked up the process by becoming 3rd party. And Wisconsin is a prime example. If all of her 31,000 votes had gone to Clinton, Clinton would have won that state. Maybe she's trying to look like a hero instead of the alternative (the spoiler who allowed a Trump presidency).

gcubed

What's Stein's angle? Best I can tell, she feels she fucked up the process by becoming 3rd party. And Wisconsin is a prime example. If all of her 31,000 votes had gone to Clinton, Clinton would have won that state. Maybe she's trying to look like a hero instead of the alternative (the spoiler who allowed a Trump presidency).

She never would get 0 votes, it's a way for her to say look at me and raise more money for God knows what from idiots still willing to donate to her.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I think she's trying to get her name in the headlines and bank some serious cash for the Green Party. There's no way she's crazy enough to think that a simple recount has any chance whatsoever of flipping 100,000 votes across multiple states.

thefro

Green party gets to pocket the extra money and gets a bunch of new names for their donor/e-mail lists. Plus some goodwill from liberals.

Koomaster

Fucking hate ths Guy. Thought i was over him but I'm not. Everytime I see this piece of crap being dumb, specially on twitter with this child like sentences, I loose it.

Hits my nerves Everytime.
This sounds about how I talk about one of my exes. xD

MIMIC

Banned
She's part of nothing beyond her camp overseeing the recount now that someone not in her camp initiated it.

She didn't ask for it, she doesn't think it needs to happen but it is so her camp will be there because you know she's on the ballot.

She's there because she lost, not because her name is on the ballot. If she bothered to go there during the election instead of after, she wouldn't need to "oversee" anything in the first place.

gcubed

She's there because she lost, not because her name is on the ballot. If she bothered to go there during the election instead of after, she wouldn't need to "oversee" anything in the first place.

Holy Jesus you really need help

Cipherr

Jesus fucking Christ... The gymnastics to flex this shit into the "It's all Hillarys fault" column is fucking impressive.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

The Democrats aren't doing this. The Green Party is a separate party

MIMIC

Banned
Yes, if you want to suggest that Hillary is being a hypocrite by not accepting the results after criticizing Trump for saying that he wouldn't, then she does have to be behind it. Someone can't have "motivations and principles" behind a particular action if they don't actually do anything.

Trump's camp is also a part of this now, so how does that square with this "theory" of yours?

There is nothing to be gained from this recount. Stein is apparently crazy and perpetuating the the GOP-fueled myth (started by Trump) that our elections can't be trusted. What is a recount going to achieve?

And now, Hillary's there.

(as for Trump, I'm not here to defend him. He's crazy and I didn't vote for him)

What are you even talking about? She's not physically going to the state and physically overseeing the vote. Her volunteers are.

There is nothing to be gained from this recount. Stein is apparently crazy and perpetuating the the GOP-fueled myth (started by Trump) that our elections can't be trusted. What is a recount going to achieve?

And now, Hillary's there.

(as for Trump, I'm not here to defend him. He's crazy and I didn't vote for him)

The Green Party got millions in cash. That is what is to be gained from this recount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom