• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have they made that clear? Just because they're pulling all their focus to 13 countries rather than 21 doesn't mean they can't launch in the first week of November.

Gamestop/Microsoft recently announced a special program where you can trade in your 360 versions of particular games, and get $50 credit towards the XB1 version. One of those games is Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Why would Microsoft ever create such a program if the XB1 was going to be out anywhere near the launch of Ghosts, on Nov 5th?

This program existing makes me think the earliest we're gonna see the XB1 is mid November.

Calibus

"... And the whale swallowed CBOAT, and 3 days and 3 nights did he spend in its belly, learning trade secrets, before the whale spat him out on the shore.

'CBOAT,' the people said, 'where have you been?'

And CBOAT told them of the whale, and of his meeting with the one true God of gaming news inside the whale's belly, yet the people believed him not.

'Why should we believe you?' they said, 'an illiterate?'

And CBOAT said unto them,

'Truly, it is not the crrctns f words I spell th. is wordsmming, &gamezjurnlism', and truthfacts"

-- GAF 1.9

The CBOAT Bible needs to be its own thread.

merrick97

Banned
It would probably mean huge losses, considering Sony only recently became profitable again. Serious, read my posts. MS is much more likely to take such a risk, as they will make billions anyway.

Did it? I thought Windows 8 bomba'd.

Well, that means MS is more profitable than I thought

Ive read your posts and all it is the same hypothetical stuff I have read over and over.

You just seem dead set on this notion that MS is a few easy moves away from winning everything back and I am telling you that what you are proposing is very unlikely.

I find it easier to believe that Sony would drop the price of the PS4 (they wont) than to believe that MS would simply toss aside the Kinect after they have invested TONS of money into it.

Saying that dropping the Kinect is the magic bullet needed to win the console wars is nothing but FANBOY talk.

The Flash

Banned
It would probably mean huge losses, considering Sony only recently became profitable again. Serious, read my posts. MS is much more likely to take such a risk, as they will make billions anyway.

I'm more inclined to believe that Microsoft would reduce the price of the Xbox One before launch for this reason. As I understand it, they sold the 360 at a loss at the beginning too. Microsoft as a whole was well known for underselling the competition when Gates was in charge. It's probably a pipe dream but I wouldn't be too shocked to see a price drop. Since I'm getting the Xbox One anyway, I would gladly welcome it.

casmith07

"...And they heard the word of God, yet they rejected him, saying:

'Who are you to be a prophet unto the most holy?'

And CBOAT did not become angry, but instead turned his cheek.

'F u oould slap me, worth ake it no/'

And they weeped, for they saw the error of their ways."

-- GAF 2:7

#BASED

Probably the best post I've ever seen on GAF.

Honestly that MS dude on Reddit did like the worst job ever disputing CBoats rumors. Most of his answers revolved around "I haven't heard that from my people!" He didn't flat out deny any of it and actually left the door open for any or all the rumors to be true. That's what I took from his comments.

Elios83

Why would Microsoft moneyhat Platinum? The console is coming to East Asian shores much later for launch, so the decision seems odd to me.

I don't think it's a money hat.
At this point the only real exclusives you can get are the ones you decide to fund through a second party contract.
Platinum is not in a good situation, they continue to make commercial failures and Kamiya pretty much said that their future depends on who is willing to give them money to make games. It's not like they can choose on their own, it's either they survive or not.
Microsoft probably thought that combining Platinum's ability to make critical acclaimed games and their ability to market things especially in the US, it would be possible to make a successful partnership for both.

merrick97

Banned
I'm more inclined to believe that Microsoft would reduce the price of the Xbox One before launch for this reason. As I understand it, they sold the 360 at a loss at the beginning too. Microsoft as a whole was well known for underselling the competition when Gates was in charge. It's probably a pipe dream but I wouldn't be too shocked to see a price drop. Since I'm getting the Xbox One anyway, I would gladly welcome it.

I dont why people think this. If the console is going to sell out anyway, then why cut the price?

Makes no sense.

Unless of course it doesn't sell out.....

oSoLucky

Kinect-free Xbone is an immediate purchase for me. I'd love to get my hands on Killer Instinct from the jump, especially after the Chief Thunder reveal.

I was hoping that they would be announcing characters quicker at this point. I need Orchid and Cinder in my life.

Yep, you guessed it: Frank Stallone.

mBEL9cs.jpg

I knew it all along

SPDIF

Honestly that MS dude on Reddit did like the worst job ever disputing CBoats rumors. Most of his answers revolved around "I haven't heard that from my people!" He didn't flat out deny any of it and actually left the door open for any or all the rumors to be true. That's what I took from his comments.

I don't know, he seems pretty confident that the temporary performance drop isn't true:

To say that our latest July/August DurangoXDK (I assume this is what he meant by SDK) dropped performance by 15-20% across the board, this would mean I as well as a lot of people seriously screwed up somewhere, and I should be freaking out right now. Last time I checked the perf tests, they are on an upwards trend.

Grimsen

Kinect-free Xbone is an immediate purchase for me. I'd love to get my hands on Killer Instinct from the jump, especially after the Chief Thunder reveal.

Same here. 399$ or less, but I doubt a motor-less Kinect would shave off more than that.

You can bet your ass MS won't announce it until 2014 though.

The Flash

Banned
I don't know, he seems pretty confident that the temporary performance drop isn't true:

And besides, we don't even know how high up the food chain this dev is. He may have been in charge of creating the console's heat distribution method and nothing else. One thing's for sure is that the Xbox Engineering team and the Xbox Executives have rarely been on the same page throughout this whole ordeal.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ive read your posts and all it is the same hypothetical stuff I have read over and over.

You just seem dead set on this notion that MS is a few easy moves away from winning everything back and I am telling you that what you are proposing is very unlikely.

I find it easier to believe that Sony would drop the price of the PS4 (they wont) than to believe that MS would simply toss aside the Kinect after they have invested TONS of money into it.

Saying that dropping the Kinect is the magic bullet needed to win the console wars is nothing but FANBOY talk.

Obviously MS will wait to see how well it sells before considering it. With the current numbers, though, MS will likely do something about it (they've already done tons of 180s). We know MS is willing to change their policies and their vision to get more people on board. If people don't like Kinect, why wouldn't they drop it? Obviously a lot of people would still get it, and Kinect games would still sell. It does mean abandoning their vision, though, but they've already done that. It might be a hard decision for them, but if they do do it, I don't see why they wouldn't make the price lower than the PS4's if they are able to (which they probably are). Sony isn't a profitable company, I don't see them dropping the price by much, while MS could drop it if they feel like it's necessary.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
"And in the depths of hell Bleszinski waits
Determ'ing humans as with CBOATS fate
They 'xclaim with joy 'Thank God, CBOAT is here'
But better had they known they'd coil in fear
Evil Bleszinski waits beneath the fold
To take the mantle of the gods of old
A mantle from which CBOAT would deter,
While evil GAFfers guess at and infer.
Yet valiant CBOAT speaks, "nu info blopsfoor c nsied"
And Bleszinski theorists speak and have died,
And yet no CBOAT has been found, espied,
This epic rhyme him does immortalize,
He who would say, 'B1g rumorz on Xeon lossing power r3d 4 more'"

-- the GAFdessy, 14.1 - 14.14

"... And the whale swallowed CBOAT, and 3 days and 3 nights did he spend in its belly, learning trade secrets, before the whale spat him out on the shore.

'CBOAT,' the people said, 'where have you been?'

And CBOAT told them of the whale, and of his meeting with the one true God of gaming news inside the whale's belly, yet the people believed him not.

'Why should we believe you?' they said, 'an illiterate?'

And CBOAT said unto them,

'Truly, it is not the crrctns f words I spell th. is wordsmming, &gamezjurnlism', and truthfacts"

-- GAF 1.9

And yet no CBOAT has been found, espied,
This epic rhyme him does immortalize,
He who would say, 'B1g rumorz on Xeon lossing power r3d 4 more'"

-- the GAFdessy, 14.1 - 14.14
I just choked on my steak.

Lmfao

jond76

Banned
There's some seriously weird Jim Jones level devotion going on here.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable day when CBoat has you all line up for some tasty Kool-aid.

Gamestop/Microsoft recently announced a special program where you can trade in your 360 versions of particular games, and get $50 credit towards the XB1 version. One of those games is Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Why would Microsoft ever create such a program if the XB1 was going to be out anywhere near the launch of Ghosts, on Nov 5th?

This program existing makes me think the earliest we're gonna see the XB1 is mid November.

Except you rare assuming that there were only early adopters of the system being considered for this promotion. I would think they had the Christmas gift receiving folks in mind for this promotion. All of those people may have already purchased CoD or one of the other games. So you're a silly guy for assuming.

Though it will likely be out mid November regardless.

RedAssedApe

Banned
reddit thread is funny.

nuh uh...cboat is never right! i don't think these guys have even heard of him before this year....

there's a reason this thread is huge redditors and its not just b/c we like butts lol

when butts speak gaf listens lol

Whools