• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine the conversation CBOAT would have with his boss if he ever got found out. It's be like something out of a TV drama.

Boss: Why would you sell us out all these years in secret.

CBOAT: Because the people deserve to know, it's their right, their freedom and I'm there to protect that freedom. I'm a watchful protector, a crazy guardian, a dark butt.

In theaters, summer 2014.

Mr. X

Whispers = Thinking about it, doesn't mean they'll do it

XBone Exclusive Platinum Games developed title: Congrats for PG on the deal, hopefully XBone gets more worthwhile titles to entice me because this is the only one so far.

Oublieux

Why would Microsoft moneyhat Platinum? The console is coming to East Asian shores much later for launch, so the decision seems odd to me.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
"...And they heard the word of God, yet they rejected him, saying:

'Who are you to be a prophet unto the most holy?'

And CBOAT did not become angry, but instead turned his cheek.

'F u oould slap me, worth ake it no/'

And they weeped, for they saw the error of their ways."

-- GAF 2:7

Holy shit. I thought he was going to say it normally and not like that. Haha.

How? It'll bring the price down quite a bit... sure they'll eat their losses in that department, but they'll pick up marketshare with the competitive price.

Because it completely splinters their vision for the platform.
Everything has been about Kinect integration; from games, to the OS, to using it for your TV. The Kinect was to the Xbox what Wii Remotes were to the Wii - it was the selling point for the living room, it was the Minority Report come to life.
They've also sunk a considerable amount of money into it, both in terms of R&D/manufacturing and implementation into software. To drop it will bring the price down yes, but it also makes the Xbone a different system to what was revealed. They may as well trash the whole thing and start again.

Gattsu25

Banned
One thing I noticed...crazy buttocks totally called the TitanFall XB One exclusive back in April before anyone else

Thread: Xing Interactive: Our sources say next Xbox will block used games, require online

There's like zero proof that EA and Activision are going to go all in with Microsoft. Why do so many people in this thread believe it?
Acti = no
EA = Yesss, with a big one........

Thread: Kotaku Rumor: Respawn's Game Xbox 360/720 Only, always-online, FPS, Includes Details
i accept allllllllll youre appologies.

This is probably old

I figure if you doubt CBOAT you are ether a blind fanboy (Hey..We all go through that stage. Its nothing to be ashamed of) or a MS employee / someone hired by them to try boost there image on social media / popular forums like GAF etc..

I mean the only thing he was wrong about so far was PoP but that is pretty minor considering how accurate he has been on much more specific things. Also I would not be shocked if that showed up at Gamescom or the VGA's.

As far as rumour mongers / anonymous insiders go his hit to miss ratio is pretty much unrivalled.

I just wished he knew more stuff about other companies outside of MS. He ether works of MS and thats why he only leaks MS centric stuff or he works for Sony and really hates MS..... wait. Shane Bettenhausen. Is it you?
Is this how you get your kicks now that you cant post BS rumours in EGM anymore?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
"... And the whale swallowed CBOAT, and 3 days and 3 nights did he spend in its belly, learning trade secrets, before the whale spat him out on the shore.

'CBOAT,' the people said, 'where have you been?'

And CBOAT told them of the whale, and of his meeting with the one true God of gaming news inside the whale's belly, yet the people believed him not.

'Why should we believe you?' they said, 'an illiterate?'

And CBOAT said unto them,

'Truly, it is not the crrctns f words I spell th. is wordsmming, &gamezjurnlism', and truthfacts"

-- GAF 1.9

Finalizer

God Of Wine, and all those that quoted his posts, edit that shit out man.
Do you seriously believe MS wouldn't have already taken note of that info themselves? Safe bet is that CBOAT only pointed all that out because it was perfectly safe to... and quite possibly not even true, heh.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
You have no idea how much the Kinect camera costs or what percentage of the cost of the build goes into each system. There is NO guarantee that them removing the Kinect would significantly drop the price. I seriously doubt it is almost as much as the One to make. Id love to see you back up this post.

With Xbone apologists its always "well if MS did this and if MS dropped the price of this they would dominate Sony....blah blah blah"

Same old crap.

Instead of focusing on what MS is ACTUALLY doing and that is getting the crap beat out of themselves and by Sony.

Sony could also drop the price of their console to $299. I can play the hypothetical "what if" game too.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126013-Kinect-Reportedly-Costs-Almost-As-Much-as-Xbox-One

Not sure how reliable that link is, but I don't see any reason why the Xbox One dev (if he is one) would lie about that, as it means MS has the ability to release a much cheaper console. Kinect 2 is much more complicated than the original and MS obviously has been putting time and effort into it. I'm by no means an Xbox One apologist. I'm not a fan of Kinect, and I welcome the possibility of a Kinectless SKU (I doubt I would get it otherwise, or if the price drops). Sony was losing tons of money a while back. They only recently became profitable again. I can't see them dropping the price by much (at most $50) without losing lots of money. MS, on the other hand, is incredibly profitable (Surface and Windows 8 hurt it, but not by that much, relatively). I can see MS taking the risk of lowering prices if it means winning over the North American market, and possibly other regions, too, once they release their consoles there.

Why would Microsoft moneyhat Platinum? The console is coming to East Asian shores much later for launch, so the decision seems odd to me.

Microsoft have a negligible first party presence in Japan. All they can do is pump money to secure third party exclusives to cover their bases. Clearly they're having another go at Japan. If anything, to shift Japanese development away from being exclusive to Sony's platform.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
"... And the whale swallowed CBOAT, and 3 days and 3 nights did he spend in its belly, learning trade secrets, before the whale spat him out on the shore.

'CBOAT,' the people said, 'where have you been?'

And CBOAT told them of the whale, and of his meeting with the one true God of gaming news inside the whale's belly, yet the people believed him not.

'Why should we believe you?' they said, 'an illiterate?'

And CBOAT said unto them,

'Truly, it is not the crrctns f words I spell th. is wordsmming, &gamezjurnlism', and truthfacts"

-- GAF 1.9

I am drowning in tears.

merrick97

Banned
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126013-Kinect-Reportedly-Costs-Almost-As-Much-as-Xbox-One

Not sure how reliable that link is, but I don't see any reason why the Xbox One dev (if he is one) would lie about that, as it means MS has the ability to release a much cheaper console. Kinect 2 is much more complicated than the original and MS obviously has been putting time and effort into it. I'm by no means an Xbox One apologist. I'm not a fan of Kinect, and I welcome the possibility of a Kinectless SKU (I doubt I would get it otherwise, or if the price drops). Sony was losing tons of money a while back. They only recently became profitable again. I can't see them dropping the price by much (at most $50) without losing lots of money. MS, on the other hand, is incredibly profitable (Surface and Windows 8 hurt it, but not by that much, relatively). I can see MS taking the risk of lowering prices if it means winning over the North American market, and possibly other regions, too, once they release their consoles there.

I can see Sony taking the same risk too.

See?!

Whenever CBOAT posts I ask myself. Is my brain is broken, because I don't have trouble translating or are the brains of those who can't translate broken?

Krakn3Dfx

$300 XBO w/o Kinect and I'm all-in next holiday MS.

All in.
All-In.jpg

Pretty sure that CBOAT isn't dumb enough to just compromise him/herself like that. You don't actually know if CBOAT is in Germany, actually went to churches or any of it. It's just more useful noise. More fuct punctuation and spelling.

That's reading too much into what I'm saying now. :p

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Microsoft have a negligible first party presence in Japan. All they can do is pump money to secure third party exclusives to cover their bases. Clearly they're having another go at Japan. If anything, to shift Japanese development away from being exclusive to Sony's platform.

Yep, I agree. It's not to help X1 sales, it's to stop PS4 sales. It won't work though.

SPDIF

It did the complete opposite. It made them billions.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I can see Sony taking the same risk too.

See?!

It would probably mean huge losses, considering Sony only recently became profitable again. Serious, read my posts. MS is much more likely to take such a risk, as they will make billions anyway.

It did the complete opposite. It made them billions.

Did it? I thought Windows 8 bomba'd.

Well, that means MS is more profitable than I thought

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Why are so many people upset? Seems like good news for X1.

The only reason I can think of is the Kinectless SKU could make people wait and the October release of the PS4 would give Sony a huge lead. This makes me question the credentials of some posters on here ... Why do they want us to disbelieve CBOAT otherwise? I'm sure mods are already tracking some of these posters.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Kinect-free Xbone is an immediate purchase for me. I'd love to get my hands on Killer Instinct from the jump, especially after the Chief Thunder reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom