• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Cool a Valiant line wide sale.

Need thoughts on some of the newer series they've come out with
- 4001A.D
-Divinity 1 &2
- A&A : The Adventures of Archer and Armstrong
- Dead Drop
- Generation 0
- Britannia

4001 AD is great, as are Divinity 1 and 2. Generation Zero has been off to a strong start as well. Britannia is pretty interesting; very different from anything else Valiant has done.

A&A is okay, but it just doesn't have the same magic as Van Lente's run on Archer & Armstrong.

Messi

No thanks, I'd rather he keep doing I Hate Fairyland.

3ZOKbeT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3ZOKbeT.jpg

In light of all this disappointment I just wanted to say I fucking love comics.

Hey TheFlow, since I know you commented on my disappointment with Uncanny X-Men after the Brood Saga, I just wanted to say it gets way, way better once it escapes that hell. Mutant Massacre is aces.

It also fits in with criticisms of the line-up for the X-Men books. I mean the team right now is de-powered Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, pre-Asian Psylocke, Dazzler, Havok, and... Longshot. And it's great.

I have the WWE Network but I don't even know if I want to watch the TLC PPV on Sunday. It's a Smackdown show so it seems like a waste of three hours.

TheFlow

Banned
In light of all this disappointment I just wanted to say I fucking love comics.

Hey TheFlow, since I know you commented on my disappointment with Uncanny X-Men after the Brood Saga, I just wanted to say it gets way, way better once it escapes that hell. Mutant Massacre is aces.

It also fits in with criticisms of the line-up for the X-Men books. I mean the team right now is de-powered Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, pre-Asian Psylocke, Dazzler, Havok, and... Longshot. And it's great.
Glad to know! I decided to stop doing long write ups of each issue and just do summaries after each arc. Allows me to read issuesmuch faster and not get bored.

Do a lot of you do digital or physical?

I do both myself. Digital for single issues as I hate storing floppies. If things I want are on sale, I'll buy them digitally too. There are also certain cases, like Shade the Changing Man, where something may not be completely collected in print so it's the only option there.

I buy physically for trades or general collections. They're cheaper online than they are MSRP at like a book store or comic shop, so it ends up being pretty affordable.

And in other news, I got my latest order from IST in:

And a quick comparison between the Moebius LE and the Hellboy one for anyone interested in seeing the dimensions:

So it's a little smaller but still super nice. Not Hellboy nice (these are by far the nicest LEs btw), but definitely one of the better hardcovers I have. Art is gorgeous too of course, really looking forward to not reading it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Reading X-Factor and it's weird that Wolfsbane can't tell Jamie that she's leaving to join X-Force when they were so out in the open during Messiah Complex.

Just read the final issue of Chew. God, what an amazing book.

I'm sad that it's over, but it's incredible that they got to tell that complete story, and what an issue to go out on. I think I can safely say that the story and characters are going to stay with me for a very long time.

Messi

Just read the final issue of Chew. God, what an amazing book.

I'm sad that it's over, but it's incredible that they got to tell that complete story, and what an issue to go out on. I think I can safely say that the story and characters are going to stay with me for a very long time.

There was a lot to Chew on.

I'm sorry, I love Chew.

Hey y'all. What's up, what's up.

I forgot about comics for a while and then couldn't remember my password for another while. N E way... so comics, hey? I'm trying to catch up on my books because I still buy the fuckers and a lot of them I haven't read in ages or ever.

Rundown:

Hellcat: Very Archie and very cute. But just not quite good enough. Dropped.
Jonesy: Anyone here reading this? It's so awesome. Jonesy forever! (cue cancellation)
Hulk: read up to #6 so far. It's good. Just doesn't quite hook me tho. More than likely dropped. Will be sad to lose my Shulkie fix, tho.
Black Panther: Love it! Meaty read. Wordier than I often like. But the writing is so freaking good. Love the complexity and all the kick ass characters.

Hey y'all. What's up, what's up.

I forgot about comics for a while and then couldn't remember my password for another while. N E way... so comics, hey? I'm trying to catch up on my books because I still buy the fuckers and a lot of them I haven't read in ages or ever.

Rundown:

Hellcat: Very Archie and very cute. But just not quite good enough. Dropped.
Jonesy: Anyone here reading this? It's so awesome. Jonesy forever! (cue cancellation)
Hulk: read up to #6 so far. It's good. Just doesn't quite hook me tho. More than likely dropped. Will be sad to lose my Shulkie fix, tho.
Black Panther: Love it! Meaty read. Wordier than I often like. But the writing is so freaking good. Love the complexity and all the kick ass characters.

Long time no see, welcome back!

Top Bottom