• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Congrats, you win a Vita, and we're not kidding!" Taco Bell: "OK, we were lolol"

FStop7

Banned
This is dumb.

So dumb.

There is the court of law and the court of public opinion. Taco Bell has absolutely nothing to gain in either. They'll spend more on lawyers than they would on Vitas in a court of law and they'll lose even more in bad PR in the court of public opinion.

Well i assume they had on paper that they would win a Toyota, because if it was a verbal "you win a Toy Yoda" than this chick would have no case.

Possibly, but I don't think it really matters. She would still absolutely have a case unless the defendants could prove they made it explicitly clear that the prize was an action figure and not a car. Any judge or jury with half a brain can understand how one could reasonably assume when they're verbally told they could win a "toy Yoda" that they're trying for a car, if no further information or clarification is given. Being all cutesy about fraud isn't going to get you out of hot water, legally.

And of course presenting the toy in a parking lot space proves they were being intentionally misleading.

Riggs

Banned
Leave it up to Taco Bell to fuck up a promotion. Normally I wouldn't care but if I was one of these people who really thought they won a Vita, I'd be fairly pissed off! Need to play MLB The Show 12 in my bathroom god damnit

Gartooth

Sony should have just used Subway as an outlet for the PS Vita promotion, I think the Uncharted 3 promotion was handled rather nicely. (Other than all the Subway in-game ads)

I've gamed Taco Bell contest for years. Won an OG launch Xbox, an N64, and one other system but I don't remember which. DS fat maybe? I can't do it anymore. For one, I can't eat the stuff anymore and the tactics I used don't work anymore. Basically I mapped out the the Taco Bells that were in poor neighborhoods with low internet usage. I would stop by every day, most of the time I just bought a small drink. and then pick up all the discarded contest codes. Now that everyone has the internet on their phone, it doesn't work anymore.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Taco bell will do anything to get people to eat their silicon dioxide meat flavored foods.

Ahh sand, the lunch of champions.

Top Bottom