• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor Mcgregor mentions Rocky III "dancing monkeys"; says meant circus-like celeb gym

You guys are taking the bait just seems like a tactic to sell tickets.

People aren't falling for shit.

We get that every single thing that is said from now until the match is promotion for the match.

We also get that Conor is saying some disgusting racist shit.

The two realizations are not mutually exclusive and nobody's guiding anything forward by smugly declaring this to be a work to all those jabroni marks.

This thread reset TWICE overnight, as if the preceding 20 pages simply never existed.

Shit, there was a guy honestly curious why people were suggesting he READ before he SPEAKS.

like, he honestly couldn't understand why the fuck you would wanna do that. Why you would want to know what you were talking about before you started talking

That legit CONFUSED HIM.

This is after one of the most stubborn defenders of McGregor's horseshit spent something like 7 pages adjusting that cape before even WATCHING the video.

"Look, I don't have time to read. Or watch a video. But I do have time to share my uninformed and already addressed opinion and demand a response from the rest of you."

Man.

If this is in regards to my first post in the thread, you're blowing it out proportion. It didn't confuse me at all. I just made the mistake of reading the thread title and posting in haste.

Like no one has ever done that before on this forum, ever. But I learned my lesson not to do this in a racially-sensitive topic.

Drop the passive-aggressiveness and just call people out next time.

KRyPT

Neo Member
Isn't the fact that people are assuming he means "black people" when talking about "dancing monkeys" racist within itself?

The part I don't get is that like 4 years ago Conor was on benefits while working an electrician job or something? How do you go from that humble to this...

haha no doubt. But man I can't even hate. Dudes work hard and want that big pay out. It's embarrassing, but they gotta eat I suppose.

Also, note the TONS of casual sexism. "You ho", "Yo pussy", "stripper". But no internet rage...

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The part I don't get is that like 4 years ago Conor was on benefits while working an electrician job or something? How do you go from that humble to this...

Pretty sure he was on benefits because he chose to be, he quit his job to train full time.

Jezus christ this thread is fucking dumb.

You guys are seriously trying to argue that him referring to black people as monkeys isn't racist? I get that you like the guy and he is pretty funny but come on.

Whether he's a racist or not, who cares. What he said is racist end of.
These are literally a bunch of uneducated savages on both ends so who the hell cares if either one of them is racist or not.

Just watch or don't watch and stop moaning about every little thing.

"Telling a black person to go eat watermelon and fried chicken can't be racist me and my friends eat fried chicken and watermelon all the time what's the big deal?"

Hesh

Boxing got its Race War fight, not surprised in the least. I wonder how many people in the stands will be assaulted, beaten or stabbed at the event.

GodofWine

I believe his camp is using the 'Trump' technique, of just doubling down on crazy to secure a large part of a particular market.

Also, going on a pure trash talking show for a couple months, where two gifted shit talkers are being put in front of millions of people over and over, this is bound to happen, if even by mistake, material dries up..they dig deeper for something to excite the masses, and before you know it its 'dancing m**key's' vs. 'Bog Trottin NRA Mick drunken bastards' (or whatever, FM hasn't gone there yet at all, maybe he wont).

I also don't think the global view of racism is quite the same, people around the globe are very prejudiced against many things like countries, religions, political affiliation, favorite football club etc, I wonder if Conor has a real grip on this severity of skin color in the US as the main form of prejudice / the history of slavery, and how it plays into the daily conversation here...perhaps he does, surely he should, someone should get in his ear and keep him from this direction of 'talk'.

Good job, now I'm going to have to read 20 pages back because you were being passive aggressive to racists defenders that wouldn't take the time to read all your posts.

Is this thread barreling towards a rainbow-infused happy ending of bubblegum hugs?

Are we gonna make it?

we're gonna make it!

Was listening to Le Batard about this. He called it cartoon racism and he is right. Neither one should be talking about race, neither one is taking any of it seriously, and they are using it to prop their fight and bring in more viewers. The problem is you have people who don't realize this and start to take it at face value causing more friction with race relations.

Gonna be a hot mess.

Good job, now I'm going to have to read 20 pages back because you were being passive aggressive to racists defenders that wouldn't take the time to read all your posts.

Is this thread barreling towards a rainbow-infused happy ending of bubblegum hugs?

Are we gonna make it?

we're gonna make it!

Ok, I've admitted my mistake. So what are we talking about now? Or are we just so hung up on moral superiority?

danthefan

I also don't think the global view of racism is quite the same, people around the globe are very prejudiced against many things like countries, religions, political affiliation, favorite football club etc, I wonder if Conor has a real grip on this severity of skin color in the US as the main form of prejudice / the history of slavery, and how it plays into the daily conversation here...perhaps he does, surely he should, someone should get in his ear and keep him from this direction of 'talk'.

He almost certainly doesn't. The Ireland he grew up on was almost exclusively white. He's from a working class area himself so dunno his exact circumstances but he could easily have felt like the underclass. Calling Mayweather 'boy' for example, I know is completely loaded in the US but it just isn't in Ireland, it means nothing.

He's been stupid as fuck here, no doubt. I personally don't believe the guy has anything against black people but he's totally put his foot in it here and said things nobody should.

LionPride

Banned
Was listening to Le Batard about this. He called it cartoon racism and he is right. Neither one should be talking about race, neither one is taking any of it seriously, and they are using it to prop their fight and bring in more viewers. The problem is you have people who don't realize this and start to take it at face value causing more friction with race relations.

Gonna be a hot mess.
Yep

I'm interested in the end result

Mahonay

Banned

Gonna be a hot mess.
Yuuup.

So what are we talking about now? Or are we just so hung up on moral superiority?

What?

This is what we're talking about now:

Gonna be a hot mess.

Yep

I'm interested in the end result

Dosia

Gonna be a hot mess.

What a stupid opinion! /s

Conor knew what he was doing when he made those comments.

This.

It's cognitive dissonance to on one hand accept and appreciate his creativity and whit which are both regularly on display, then plead stupidity in his selection of language here. He's not a dummy. He knows what he's doing. But this shit is all circus carnival so as I said yesterday, I don't know how to ascribe value to this. Sort of feels like being offended while watching a Tarentino movie.

Dosia

How is that a wall of shame? I just quoted the three most recent posts after he asked what we were talking about. Because that's what we're talking about.

Would you make the buy even if millions of others weren't?

Yup. Im going to enjoy watching Floyd school Conor.

You were talking about some rainbows and shit.

Because it appeared people were coming together in the thread!

Seems fairly straight forward. Its a common thing you do.

How is answering the man's question as directly as possible by quoting the three most recent posts in the thread = "wall of shame" Vag? Who is being "shamed" there? What kind of "wall" is three quotes?

This thread. I swear to God.

This.

It's cognitive dissonance to on one hand accept and appreciate his creativity and whit which are both regularly on display, then plead stupidity in his selection of language here. He's not a dummy. He knows what he's doing. But this shit is all circus carnival so as I said yesterday, I don't know how to ascribe value to this. Sort of feels like being offended while watching a Tarentino movie.

I just never liked how in the history of boxing, especially in regards to big fights, racial lines are drawn and sadly that is what sells tickets.

Just my opinion.

Vagabundo

My problem with this shit talking isn't that it is or isn't racist, or it isn't sexist. It's that loads of dumb shits watching ti take it up and incorporate it into their way of thinking because they believe that its all real.

Meanwhile the two of them spend a few hours on the same private jet together flying to London.

It's toxic stuff, even if though it can be entertaining.

Tone it down Conor you muppet.

Top Bottom