• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoroCoro to have a major Pokémon movie announcement that will affect the world

The responses in this thread make me sad.

I'm actually kind of interested in seeing an alternate form of volcanion. I just got so used to seeing all the event legendaries beforehand from the datamining that I forgot being surprised by a mid-generation announcement was theoretically possible.

Also, keep in mind that nintendogaf has been burned many times now by reading too much into hype statements and becomes a little bit quicker to assume that marketing will prove empty each time it happens.

JoeM86

Just remember that new forms, Pokémon etc., before a game's announcement (and even after a lot of the time) are revealed through movie reveals.

yami4ct

I'm assuming this will be a new form for a major pokemon (either a mascot like Pikachu or an important legendary/mythical) and that form will have repercussions that are dealt with in Pokemon Z (whatever form that game(s) take).

Ash finally uncovers his father's whereabouts and challenges him to the ultimate battle to decide the true Pokemon Master.

Pokemon Z confirmed. It's the last game. Game Freak will retire the brand after 2016 and focus on developing new software.

Boom.

Kinsei

Banned
Just remember that new forms, Pokémon etc., before a game's announcement (and even after a lot of the time) are revealed through movie reveals.

That's what I was thinking. It wouldn't surprise me if Volcanion got a new form.

JoeM86

Also, keep in mind that nintendogaf has been burned many times now by reading too much into hype statements and becomes a little bit quicker to assume that marketing will prove empty each time it happens.

Every single time CoroCoro has hyped something like this, they have delivered.

its obvious they finally giving me another Pokemon Colosseum game thats like the first one. Not that disappointing XD Lugia one, how did they made me go from badass with a motorcycle to riding a scooter.

Interesting.....I just took this pic of the new poster in Osaka's Pokemon center last week:
DMXdBkX.jpg

ash_ag

Okay, that makes sense. They have to cover the first Gen 7 Pokémon in the magazine after it first appears in the Super Bowl ad. :p

Red Devil

The responses in this thread make me sad.

Sorry, but it's your own fault. You should know better before making this kind of thread what to expect, I mean this only took two posts.

Pokémon open world, online persistent, RPG title for NX confirmed.

Specially the emphasis should be in the word movie, perhaps it has nothing to do with games.

It's like with the whole Pokémon Go announcement, the whole "Discussing the future strategy" only to announce that thing.

Pokémon GO seems likely - that's going to be the next big Pokémon thing, and Nintendo / Game Freak are going to advertise the hell out of it.

Bagu

He also won the Gen III Battle Frontier, which was not only in the games, but was stupidly hard.
Gen III Battle Frontier was hard because it required a number of consecutive wins in order to challenge the Frontier Brain. To win reliably you needed a deeper understanding of the game mechanics to build a team suited for the ruleset of certain facilities, like the Battle Pyramid.

Anime Frontier were glorified gyms.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just to get everyhing clear (I know it's in the title, but both the OP and the article on Serebii aren't clear enough): is the announcement that "will affect the world" strictly related to the movie?

JoeM86

Just to get everyhing clear (I know it's in the title, but both the OP and the article on Serebii aren't clear enough): is the announcement that "will affect the world" strictly related to the movie?

It was under a bit that said Pokémon Movie, yes.

NZerker12

Perhaps I am remembering wrong, but wasn't there a Zygarde film in the works, I even remember the 100% form silhouette advertising it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I got bored of the anime/movies years ago. I think I watched the first 4.

however, i want to see what the next Pokemon game will be. they really need to change it up. i loved pokemon up to about ruby/sapphire and played white/x but just really the same old.

JoeM86

Can I just remind everyone that movie reveals typically are big. They have revealed new Pokémon, new forms etc. since 1998.

Top Bottom