• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot, 4 screenshots

Onaco

C4l90aEWYAINTnN.jpg

Why did they ruin the enemy's way of communicating to the player on how to attack it? Unless it's really thin, the reason there was an orange neck piece was because Crash's spin attack wouldn't work on it. The enemy's neck piece is about where Crash's head/stomach is, and looks hot like lava. Spinning it would cause a hit (but the game generously just gave you an Aku Aku mask moments before encountering this enemy to teach you to not spin this enemy. So the next time you would encounter this enemy, you would slide. An example of great level and enemy design in a game not focused on combat, that then benefits the platforming experience.

By eliminating that lava-looking neck piece, it means you can spin the enemy (lame) or it's really thin and not easy to notice now, which sucks.

Why did they ruin the enemy's way of communicating to the player on how to attack it? Unless it's really thin, the reason there was an orange neck piece was because Crash's spin attack wouldn't work on it. The enemy's neck piece is about where Crash's head/stomach is, and looks hot like lava. Spinning it would cause a hit (but the game generously just gave you an Aku Aku mask moments before encountering this enemy to teach you to not spin this enemy. So the next time you would encounter this enemy, you would slide. An example of great level and enemy design in a game not focused on combat, that then benefits the platforming experience.

By eliminating that lava-looking neck piece, it means you can spin the enemy (lame) or it's really thin and not easy to notice now, which sucks.

It's very clearly just not visible because of the angle at which the enemy is walking

Roo

You still can see the enemy still has its neck frill tho.
It is not as colorful as the PS1 one version (maybe it'll get activated when you're closer to it?) but saying they completely "ruined" it, judging it by a single, badly compressed screenshot without any evidence of how the animation of it will work is completely dumb.

Looks nice and colourful. The main character is a good example of 32 bit characters gone wrong in HD though. Not because their HD version is bad, but because the 32 bit one was so bad it's hard to work with it.

scoobs

Prior to this announcement, I can't even remember the last game I pre-ordered, and the second they showed this game off I jumped on PSN to buy it. I'm honestly really really excited to play these games again.

Nev

Banned
Eh. Looks a bit lifeless. Needs to be more cartoony and less generic low budget CGI nickelodeon show.

Day one platinum anyways. Crash 2 is the best platformer ever made.

Kurt

Seems to be a nice game.
Compared to the new mario graphics wise, i don't see how this couldn't run on switch.
Is this exclusive?

Zakalwe

Banned
Jeez people, OP was just having fun with the title! Let's lighten up a bit.

I can't wait for this, Crash series is something I've wanted a remaster of for aaaaages. :)

Loota

Neo Member
As already pointed out, the most interesting thing of these pictures is that the ice level with Polar facing the screen wasn't seen in Crash 2 at all. I'm pretty sceptical of it being Un-Bearable because I have no idea why they would turn it into a full blown ice theme level as there are a lot of ice themed levels already in the game. It being a completely new level doesn't sound very likely either as one of the game's two secret levels was a Polar level which would give them a suprising amount of focus (though, Warped managed to have a jet ski level in both warp room 6 and as a hidden level at the same time). It could've been the spinning animation when respawning at a checkpoint crate but no crate is seen in the picture either.

TheOGB

Banned
As already pointed out, the most interesting thing of these pictures is that the ice level with Polar facing the screen wasn't seen in Crash 2 at all. I'm pretty sceptical of it being Un-Bearable because I have no idea why they would turn it into a full blown ice theme level as there are a lot of ice themed levels already in the game. It being a completely new level doesn't sound very likely either as one of the game's two secret levels was a Polar level which would give them a suprising amount of focus (though, Warped managed to have a jet ski level in both warp room 6 and as a hidden level at the same time). It could've been the spinning animation when respawning at a checkpoint crate but no crate is seen in the picture either.
Or... or

Photo Mode 👀

Rated R for Mature ?
eylYjPf.gif

The Road to Ruins screenshot...good that they have the Cortex island in the background.

N Sanity Beach is supposed to have that as well but it wasn't in the reveal trailers.

A few of the other levels in Crash 1 have it too. I hope they retain it, it's a part of the charm of adventuring across the islands.

Ramenman

I think this title is great because it makes the legendary thread live in memory, while not being a complete dick to our hearts again because it's actually screens of the remaster and not "haha old game".

Top Bottom