• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot, 4 screenshots

Ash735

It's looking better, but still a bit too bright and colourful, especially when it comes to the darker themed levels as shown here in Sunset Vista and Road to Ruin, those are meant to be darker, shadowy, etc, to give it more atmosphere.

bunkitz

Man, oh man. These look fantastic! Loving the colours very much. It's gonna be so wonderful playing through all these levels.

Yeah, this demo is the perfect example of what a Crash Bandicoot would look in VR, and it just feels AWESOME :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypgFDQ3zWio

Such a amazing concept that game is and it pains me it is not a full game :'(

Yeah the Playroom VR platformer is legit and really needs to be a full game. I would love a game like Crash to get a VR mode too though, that would be awesome.

Not just me who loves the shit out of that then :) must of played it about 20 times, sooo good.

Have you looked at the PS Classics charts in recent years? Every single month without fail, Crash 1, Crash 2, Crash 3 and CTR occupy the top 4 spots. They've been there for years. But keep pretending no one cares about Crash and that it's not legendary.

Speaking of which isn't it kinda odd that they aren't remastering CTR too?

Perhaps if/when this sells well?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Acti doesn't own CTR, but, yeah, if this compilation sells well, I can certainly see Sony greenlighting a remake (with bots in cup mode, please).

Zubz

Banned
I need to see his expression before he jumps on the warthog.

This one:

crash-gif.gif

I'm jonesing for this one. We finally saw Polar so this is the next big think for me.

Qwark

I'm sure it's on the cards.

They want to bank on the ND nostalgia.

When I was at PSX I asked the demo guys about CTR and they just gave me a sly look like "We can't talk about this.", but they also gave me the same look when I asked about Spyro, so maybe they were just sick of my shit.

_Rob_

When I was at PSX I asked the demo guys about CTR and they just gave me a sly look like "We can't talk about this.", but they also gave me the same look when I asked about Spyro, so maybe they were just sick of my shit.

I prefer to take that as "YES THEY ARE BOTH DEFINITELY HAPPENING".

Sullichin

Hey, 1 in 8 people who originally owned a PSX to play this!

How do you feel about an entire production company diverting its funds to remaking a good, but not legendary game?

Lol

These are some of my favorite games of all time so I'm happy, what a strange thing to be mad about.

Hey, 1 in 8 people who originally owned a PSX to play this!

How do you feel about an entire production company diverting its funds to remaking a good, but not legendary game?

Oh yea... 1 in 8 people who owned a 100 million selling system to play one of the most popular games to come on it.

The same games which top the PSN classic charts every month

The same shit with y'all in every Crash thread I swear

mindatlarge

Like the approach they seem to be taking with this, make the game look better but no so much as to make it unrecognizable. Pretty pumped about playing this.

farisr

Can't wait for this.

Already know I'm going to be attempting to platinum this, and I pretty much never try to platinum games (only ones I've done are god of war III and bloodborne).

Looking good, and definitely better than the reveal where the level looked really plain and clean (hope that's been tweaked).

Also, totally cool with this Crash design. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. Glad they didn't get lazy and just use the skylanders version of him in this game.
I have a feeling that CTR will be a DLC for this trilogy.
I think if this trilogy does well enough, they'll likely make a standalone digital release of it. I don't see them doing a full retail release though, unless they go all out and add in a bunch of stuff to it as well (like a bunch of new tracks, a track creator and what not). Don't see that happening, but would love it if it did.

kankki

Senior Project Lead, NX Hardware Design at Nintendo of Europe
This is the only PS4 game I'm looking forward to right now. And that's looking forward to it AF.

thelastword

Banned
I have a feeling that CTR will be a DLC for this trilogy.
Man, the best cart game ever made.......That would be splendid as a bonus.....I'd pay $30 for it standalone with online play tbh...

Hope they tap into Spyro next and redo the Jak trilogy with this engine.....(tm).

Kasper

I can't wait for this game. I couldn't care less whether or not it's exclusive. Also, while everything is definitely brighter and more happy-go-lucky in its looks compared to the originals, I still think it looks fantastic. It's basically how the new Donkey Kong Country games are very bright and vibrant, while the old SNES ones were grimy.

Roo

Who owns then ?

It is Activision's IP full on

IP aside, Sony owns everything about CTR.

Nice info man, I could have sworn DF or NX did a test and they said it was 30 fps, but if it's 60fps, amazing, even it's not, I'm still there day 1 anyway.

There's still no confirmation about the framerate.
The demo at PSX was indeed locked at rock solid 30fps. That could change to 60fps for the retail version but we still don't know. I honestly think it'll stay 30fps. The game already looks smooth enough as it is.

Would this game run better on a Pro? Thinking about trading in my PS4 for this.

The game already runs perfectly on vanilla PS4.
PS4 Pro has 4k going for this game iirc tho.

Top Bottom