• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot, 4 screenshots

Polar is surprisingly true to the original design, almost to a fault.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I also got to play the game at PSX and it seems like the actual gameplay for Crash 1 is also a little too true to the original. Crash 2 (and especially 3) have aged far better though so I don't think those games will be a concern.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
BUYING THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF THIS GAME. FUCK THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

Nostalgia!!!!

farisr

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I also got to play the game at PSX and it seems like the actual gameplay for Crash 1 is also a little too true to the original. Crash 2 (and especially 3) have aged far better though so I don't think those games will be a concern.
Well it seems like they are making tweaks to Crash 1 so it may be something similar to the treatment Uncharted 1 got in the Nathan Drake Collection.

Though of course, they are probably going to be really careful/limited as to what they can do with this, since the level design and gameplay are tied together so closely, less room for potential gameplay improvements/changes without having to change level design.

N.Domixis

Banned
Ha, I'm a little short on cash but this does seem worth it. I am sure there might be a CE if you want though.
Naughty Dog legacy edition needs to include
CTR psn voucher for PS4.
Playable content removed from original trilogy.
Original and New OS.
Jewel case for game.
Exclusive Retro Crash skin.
Exclusive Willy Wombat skin Remastered and retro.
Replica Aku Aku mask.
Lost Naughty Dog Concept art.

This will be the first time I played Crash 3 tbh, never finished any of them, really just wasn't into platforming games back then outside of Mario 64, this will be like 3 brand new games for me, pretty cool they did the remaster, I'm sure PlayStation fans push it to at least a million copies, probably more.

Only thing missing is the Crash cart game.

I need to see his expression before he jumps on the warthog.

This one:

crash-gif.gif

I never knew how bad I wanted to see the updated version of this until now.

Naughty Dog legacy edition needs to include
CTR psn voucher for PS4.
Playable content removed from original trilogy.
Original and New OS.
Jewel case for game.
Exclusive Retro Crash skin.
Exclusive Willy Wombat skin Remastered and retro.
Replica Aku Aku mask.
Lost Naughty Dog Concept art.

I also want a replica of the 6 colored gem form the original crash in a classy box.

Take all my money

image.php

Xion86

Ah you got me :) the game looks lovely though and very much looking forward to playing this. Some fond memories of Crash on the PS1.

Undrey

lol hopfully they dont leave stuff like that out

problem is in easy levels like that i dont find myself dying anymore ........ so probbly wont see that - that often :(

kill urself

---

The team has said that they'll be adding the animations in this and more.

If this truly is a full-on remake, that means this is releasing with over 90 individual stages, 15+ boss fights, 55 crystals to collect, 100+ gems to earn, over 270 different possible Relic runs...

Guys. At the amazing quality of the screenshots, even for a remake the scale of this is unprecedented. Bravo to VV for spearheading this massive undertaking.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Never played a single one of these games... Maybe it's time.

Do it! Your are getting tens and tens of hours on this for 40 bucks.

Not to mention all the secret stuff to unlock.

Its no exaggeration to say crash trilogy was one of my favorite platformers growing up, and playing it today, the platforming is just as good as back then.

I remember getting a demo disc with my PS1 featuring crash with the jungle rollers level and just playing that over and over

The best death animation is in the Arabia levels when the guys with the swords cuts his shorts off, and Crash covers his undies in shame.

Edit: Crash 3

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Music to my ears. I love how Crash 1 plays.

freefornow

Gold Member
The more I see, the more infuriated I become!
I need a release date. Something to countdown and mark off my mental calendar and look forward too. Not knowing is driving me nuts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Who owns then ?

It is Activision's IP full on

The answer is hiding in plain sight:

Acti doesn't own CTR, but, yeah, if this compilation sells well, I can certainly see Sony greenlighting a remake (with bots in cup mode, please).

;)

If this does well and fans are vocal then I'm sure Sony and Activision would be happy to strike a deal for an HD remake of CTR. Hopefully the Spyro trilogy too.

They don't need to strike a deal per se; Sony just needs to licence the IP as it owns the game, which, I'd wager, is at least partially why it's not part of this package.

ZarKryn7

Since Vicarious Visions says they read feedback. I gotta provide some criticisms.

Sunset Vista/Lost City in the remakes is really lacking the red lighting, the filth/ageing on the stones, the murky and subtle moving water that really makes it pop in the originals. So I would really like them to apply that with not only this level but with others that had that detail as well.

I get the idea they're using the Skylanders engine and I would assume it is tailored to that sort of clean and polished asthetic those games had. I hope they can tweak it so the remasters could get the details it needs.

C4mA0SyXAAAvsq_.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Roo

Yeah, ruins in general could use some better aging/mossy stone textures.

Temple Ruins in particular looked way too clean for my taste.

sn00zer

Since Vicarious Visions says they read feedback. I gotta provide some criticisms.

Sunset Vista/Lost City in the remakes is really lack the red lighting, the filth/ageing on the stones, the murky and subtle moving water that really makes it pop in the originals. So I would really like them to apply that with not only this level but with others that had that detail as well.

I get the idea they're using the Skylanders engine and I would assume it is tailored to that sort of clean and polished asthetic those games had. I hope they can tweak it so the remasters could get the details it needs.

C4mA0SyXAAAvsq_.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree. There is a certain creepiness missing from the new version. Same thing with the latest donkey Kong countrys

yunbuns

Two thirds of the level are absolute turds, all the racing levels (with vehicles) and everything Coco is just horrible. Especially the wakeboarding junk. The difficulty outside the time attacks is absurdely low and the level design is not half as tight as in the predecessors. Crash 3 is far, far worse in every gameplay-relevant sense imaginable than either of its predecessors.

What I am worried a bit about is how invisible the shadow of Crash is. Shadows are exceedingly important in platformers!

I've never seen an opinion more wrong. The tiger levels are some of the best levels in the series.

Sunset Vista/Lost City in the remakes is really lacking the red lighting, the filth/ageing on the stones, the murky and subtle moving water that really makes it pop in the originals. So I would really like them to apply that with not only this level but with others that had that detail as well.

C4mA0SyXAAAvsq_.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Agree.

Top Bottom