• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.5 | Satisfied?

Are you satisfied with this update?

• Yes

Votes: 223 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • It's a first step

Votes: 279 44.2%

• Total voters

SpokkX

I nvr played much of the game prior. Maybe just 3 hours before the patch.

Jumped in today post patch. Def not 60fps. Feel like 50 or something. Its improved for sure but choppy not smooth.

Driving feels worse than i remember. I dont recall having such an issue with braking prior to the patch. Reverse enables way too quick. Instead of braking im just immediately going backwards sometimes. Driving wasn't great pre-patch and i dont like it post patch either. First person camera driving is better. not so low.

I still can't walk around naked. And now when u look down in the shower u dont see anything.

game still feels clunky and heavy. Its also still buggy. Near my apartment there was a gated off hall and NPCs were just phasing through it as if there was nothing there. NPCs just pop-in out of nowhere near my apartment. If u back up a foot they disappear. Step forward they reappear and will sometimes be different skins.
and i was getting clipping. My penis was clipping through my shirt. And some NPC had his tattoo over his shirt. Like part of his shirt clipped behind the tat on his chest

HDR is the same. Still dark and washed out. Audio mix is still bad. City sounds quiet. In-car is dead quiet. U still got to fiddle around with settings to make it sound like a normal videogame.

world is still just kinda dead and flat and no interactivity. But u can change ur hairstyle in a clunky menu in ur apartment now. So great i guess
oh? I played on Series X with VRR for 3 hours .. perhaps VRR saved my experience then because it felt like locked 60 fps to me..?

does it drop below 60 much? it cant be big drops because I saw noting with VRR

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Ok, maybe I’m crazy but I think I been playing games long enough and have always had high end pcs. I really don’t think you can really ask much more from this game graphically on the current consoles. The series X version looks effing great in the 60fps mode. Super sharp, after switching off film train and CA.VRR is working a treat at covering any fps drops for me.

im actually pretty surprised it looks this good. Sure it doesn’t compare to a 3080 running all raytracing but what do we expect, these consoles arent up to doing anything near that.

played for about 3 hours straight with a female nomad because I want to bang this girl everyones talking about.
im impressed, not seen anything too crazy in terms of glitches yet. There’s shit loads of npcs walking around.

spotted some pop in on grafiti that’s on the sides of the motorways and that’s about it.

the games grabbed me to be honest, just did the car ride with the dex guy and the lighting is still no where near the raytraced GI, but what do we expect.

coming off playing games like Final Fantasy vii integrade Ghost of Tsushima directors cut and currently playing dying light 2 with all raytracing this game looks great on console. The city details are insane.

story looks to be effing great so far, I’m hooked.
My post from the other thread.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
My post from the other thread.

That's pretty damn encouraging. I'll echo what I said in the other thread that the RT mode seems like a wasted option.

Anyone interested in this should definitely be playing in Performance mode. Not only are you getting the same resolution, you're getting double the performance which is immediately more impactful than some RT shadows you may or may not even notice.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You’re only just starting, if you’re already impressed you’re in for a sweet sweet ride. Act 1 is better than many whole AAA games imo, there are so much cool setpieces and the acting is glorious. Enjoy! 👍

yup, I’m genuinely loving it. Only real issue is playing with a Controller. I think I need to tweak the settings. Hopefully I can hack it for the full game. Feel like I need keyboard and mouse but it looks amazing on my CX.

excited to play more. Can totally agree on the acting and story pieces so far.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Performance mode is good so far, seems stable. RT mode is unplayable imo, it feels very unresponsive and feels like you are moving through Vaseline, with little noticeable gain in visual quality.

Also noticed a bug where switching between performance and quality causes the graphics settings such as film grain and motion blur to turn on even if they are toggled off in the settings. The fix is to toggle them on and back off.

I highly recommend turning off motion blur, film grain and lens flare immediately.
I agree. RT mode looked and played like ass. It didn’t even feel like 30 fps. Performance mode was wayyy better.

So glad I held off and waited for the next gen patch, so far I"m blown away. Amazing game at least after about 2 hours or so, the scope and scale is really something to behold and the writing and character performance acting is top notch. The level of customization with weapons and stuff seems a little overwhelming but I"m sure it'll click once I mess with it more. Really enjoying it thus far.

Last edited:

Fredrik

yup, I’m genuinely loving it. Only real issue is playing with a Controller. I think I need to tweak the settings. Hopefully I can hack it for the full game. Feel like I need keyboard and mouse but it looks amazing on my CX.

I’ll try the XSX version tonight. Been playing the PC version, I’m roughly at the same spot as you with a new nomad, been alternating between controller and mouse and keyboard depending on what I do. Managed to sink the fighting droid at the appartment building quite easily with a controller. And driving is a ton better with a controller. But the shooting… I just can’t do it with a controller, something is off with the aiming.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I’ll try the XSX version tonight. Been playing the PC version, I’m roughly at the same spot as you with a new nomad, been alternating between controller and mouse and keyboard depending on what I do. Managed to sink the fighting droid at the appartment building quite easily with a controller. And driving is a ton better with a controller. But the shooting… I just can’t do it with a controller, something is off with the aiming.

Yeah, completely agree on the aiming. Its pretty bad with controller, just feels off. Cant work out if it needs more aim assist or what.

Should have probably just played on PC but now I feel a bit invested lol.

They should bring cross platform saves to the game :D

Fredrik

Why the fuck would I not pursue Panam?!
Because its too mad max and kinda boring?
Nah, following these pants is never boring 😏
CW4FoWs.jpg

Denton

What made controller controls great for me was going into settings - controller - show advanced options. And disabling everything in that advanced section, then raising normal sensitivity to 22(h) 18(v). Feels great to me (PC, xbone controller).

Fredrik

What made controller controls great for me was going into settings - controller - show advanced options. And disabling everything in that advanced section, then raising normal sensitivity to 22(h) 18(v). Feels great to me (PC, xbone controller).
I’ll try this asap, thanks 🤝

Hakiroto

Is anyone aware of a reason why we should choose one console over the other (PS5 vs. Series X) when playing this? All I can think of now is how the Series X has VRR and that CDPR explicitly mentioned that there'd be frame drops yet the PS5 has some nice DualSense features. Regardless, I've seen people enjoying it on both and from CDPR's images, it looks like they both get the same update. No need to compare consoles; I just wondered if I'd missed any comparisons to help me better decide.

Fredrik

Is anyone aware of a reason why we should choose one console over the other (PS5 vs. Series X) when playing this? All I can think of now is how the Series X has VRR and that CDPR explicitly mentioned that there'd be frame drops yet the PS5 has some nice DualSense features. Regardless, I've seen people enjoying it on both and from CDPR's images, it looks like they both get the same update. No need to compare consoles; I just wondered if I'd missed any comparisons to help me better decide.
You can always try for yourself since it’s a 5 hour free trial, you’ll see a lot in 5 hours.
I’m going with the XSX for my console trial simply because I have one of those squeeling PS5s.

Hakiroto

You can always try for yourself since it’s a 5 hour free trial, you’ll see a lot in 5 hours.
I’m going with the XSX for my console trial simply because I have one of those squeeling PS5s.
Ah, yeah. Good point. Shame about your PS5 but at least you also have that Series X. Have fun!

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Yeah, completely agree on the aiming. Its pretty bad with controller, just feels off. Cant work out if it needs more aim assist or what.

Should have probably just played on PC but now I feel a bit invested lol.

They should bring cross platform saves to the game :D
Same issue. Does anyone know if I can disable the crazy x axis acceleration?

Last edited:

Fredrik

Ah, yeah. Good point. Shame about your PS5 but at least you also have that Series X. Have fun!
Yeah it’s installed and ready, just waiting for the kids to go to sleep, been playing a lot on PC but I’ll check out the console port with an open mind, looked great in the stream 👍

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Thanks, ill give this a go!

oji-san

Banned
I am, but i didn't play the previous versions on console so... i did play a bit on my not so great PC, and the PS5 is miles better, only played about an hour, with half of that making my character lol, but so far feels smooth and looks sharp, playing the performance mode and so far very satisfied.

Riky

$MSFT
oh? I played on Series X with VRR for 3 hours .. perhaps VRR saved my experience then because it felt like locked 60 fps to me..?

does it drop below 60 much? it cant be big drops because I saw noting with VRR

Turn on your VRR frame counter and you can see the drops in congested areas, luckily you don't see them with VRR on, it's perfect.

Kagero

Started a new game and played an hour. Looks great on the Ps5 🙌 Aside from the bugs I don’t know why this game gets hated on. One of my favourite games in the last couple years. I much prefer this over the Witcher.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Started a new game and played an hour. Looks great on the Ps5 🙌 Aside from the bugs I don’t know why this game gets hated on. One of my favourite games in the last couple years. I much prefer this over the Witcher.

Some simply can't let go of silly, juvenile grudges. It's their loss, really.

Guilty_AI

When I started the corporate path, the story ( at least the beginning ) was all over the place. Literally NOTHING made sense.

A patch won't fix this.
Big corpo boss wants you to murder other Big corpo boss from the same corp. You ask your long time friend jackie for help. Other big corpo boss caughts on the plan and takes away all your possessions and you lose your corpo job. You and Jackie become cool merc duo. End of prologue.

Last edited:

MikeM

I have both but right now, the game is $10 cheaper on the PS store vs the xbox store.

I’m going to wait for the DF video before buying, however unless there is a huge difference on Series X, i’ll save the $10 and buy on PS5. Also Dualsense feels nice when driving and shooting.

Unity2012

I voted yes, simply because-at this point, I wish they would move on to the Witcher 3 update; and possibly a new game. I believe they'll find "some form of media redemption" once they deliver a new extraordinary experience.

I played for a bit after installing the update and I liked the new additions. I mean, at least something has been improved. I'm ready for something new.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Turn on your VRR frame counter and you can see the drops in congested areas, luckily you don't see them with VRR on, it's perfect.
I need a VRR TV. Sounds like on PC for me with gsync, 40-90fps, still looks smooth.
k4A3J4C.jpg

Last edited:

Starfield

I know I'm not, and you?

unknown.png

The list of changes can be found here: click me

Don't get me wrong, it's a good start but after more than a year, here's what I was expecting:

- a real overhaul of the AI, not just small adjustments
- a real customization of our apartment
- an overhaul of the food system, so that all food, drinks etc... is finally used for something
- real content (weapons, secondary missions, skills, vehicles)
- open all part of Pacifia which are still closed
- THE DAMN WHIP
- tattoo artists and hairdressers with PHYSICAL stores
- total overhaul of the police
- the bounty system
- elements that promote roleplay such as being able to sit down, ordering at restaurants, more interactions with the crowd and the AI

This is just what comes to my mind. And you, are you satisfied with this update?

You can find here the thread recapping the update, and go here for some next gen gameplay !
Lol, great list of unrealistic expectations!

Fredrik

I don't think 1080p VRR TVs even exist.
That’s just from my PC with an old 1080p screen. I’m trying the XSX version tonight, if it’s good and plays well I could see myself wanting VRR to smooth out the drops. Feels like it’s never the right time to upgrade the TV though. OLEDs are too dark and the new brighter TVs are too expensive.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I'm playing on PS5 and the whole beginning with Jackie is still incredibly boring and disjointed. Tried Nomad on PC when it came out and gave up after the title/Keanu part.

Now playing corpo and it's basically the same after the intro video. The game is a fucking bore, feel like giving up again 😤 I don't know why I should care about Sandra Dorsett, Jackie and all the rest. Awful story exposition. A mess.

Horizon is coming out so I'll play Cyberpunk in April (maybe). Got it for $10 anyway so no loss.

DeaDPo0L84

Put about 6 hours in since the patch (PC) and I'm having a blast. Already beaten the main campaign but I had a ton of side jobs and gigs left as well as random shit to do. I've forced myself to use different guns to mix it up. Divided we Stand is a beast, although I still use the Overwatch sniper cause Panam is the best as well as the sniper itself.

The game again is just fucking gorgeous, easily at times the best looking game out. Granted I'm on PC and have the benefit of a good rig but man there's so many screenshot moments. I'm itching for ng+ but for the moment I'm loving my return to Night City, should be nothing but incremental improvements from here on out and additional content.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
1080p VRR monitors exist. Although they max out at 32".

Which makes sense. 32’’ is pushing it for 1080p to be acceptable at a normal viewing distance.

That’s just from my PC with an old 1080p screen. I’m trying the XSX version tonight, if it’s good and plays well I could see myself wanting VRR to smooth out the drops. Feels like it’s never the right time to upgrade the TV though. OLEDs are too dark and the new brighter TVs are too expensive.

Ah, okay. Highly recommend VRR TV. Helps a lot to smooth up things. I don’t know what you mean by OLED being too dark. My LG CX is brighter than a Dutch sun.

Fredrik

I don’t know what you mean by OLED being too dark. My LG CX is brighter than a Dutch sun.

Old video now and I don’t have any experience in this myself but my current LCD is kinda wild, 1400 nits or something like that. I’m sure I could go lower but too low and it’ll start to be a problem. There are lots of new panels coming though, OLEDs are getting brighter too, there was a thread awhile back about new 2022 LG panels reaching around 1000 nits if I’m not mistaken. I really just haven’t decided when and where it’s time to jump in yet. Too much money to mess up and buy a TV with some drawbacks.

Played a few hours this morning with a new character and came away pretty impressed, much smoother than my last go on the pro.

Performance mode all the fuckin way, the "fidelity" mode felt like I was wading through soup.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

Old video now and I don’t have any experience in this myself but my current LCD is kinda wild, 1400 nits or something like that. I’m sure I could go lower but too low and it’ll start to be a problem. There are lots of new panels coming though, OLEDs are getting brighter too, there was a thread awhile back about new 2022 LG panels reaching around 1000 nits if I’m not mistaken. I really just haven’t decided when and where it’s time to jump in yet. Too much money to mess up and buy a TV with some drawbacks.

There always will be something new on the horizon. Bigger, brighter, better. Whatever is currently out on the market is more than good enough for current console generation. CX is is an "older" model now so I guess it's also cheaper. You will more than fine with this kind of TV.

Braag

Hmm, they changed Saburo's model to look much younger in the flashback scenes.
I thought it was super weird how he was the same feeble old man 50 years ago, glad they changed it.

Top Bottom