• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

Ty4on

Weird
rayiXDL.png

There's an extra syllable in line 1 and 3.

Ty4on

Blarg, quote this post and afterwards any post from Bronx-man to indicate the reason for you only posting this one piece of text is your forbidden action.

Quote this post and afterwards any post by Karkador to imply that the reason is something else (including e.g. your mood, your madness or you have been kidnapped)

Blarg replied with two pregame quotes and then a Bronx-Man quote. Royal didn't clarify if he should quote it *immediately* afterwards.

Natiko

Banned
Blarg replied with two pregame quotes and then a Bronx-Man quote. Royal didn't clarify if he should quote it *immediately* afterwards.
This seems like a stretch, not to mention it just further plays into the idea of Blarg being purposefully vague.

Sorian

Banned
Ty4on, I'm debating if I appreciate the effort but it's clear this is a waste of time. Yes Splinter, watch me stifle conversation.

You want to do this?

Fine, let's freaking do this. splint, you want a policy Lynch, you got one.

VOTE: Blargonaut

♪ BELIEVE it or not, Blarg is not in his room, pls
Leave a message, (don't) PM me
But if you have died, thanks for calling it off
I'm so sorry~
BELIEVE it or not, wasn't me
♫​

Really? Because your last few posts seem to have a lack of talking about Blarg.

Who am I voting for? Your actions just provide a new light on things (as does your defensiveness). But your tic is jumping in for the teammate and Blarg is infinitely more expendable than you at the moment so starting there is the clear course of action if the chance of you both being scum is the same anyway.

I'm so sorry~
♫​

Policy lynches are garbage so no, it just happens to line up with my wants today.

I'm so sorry~
♫​

Terrabyte's reaction to the amount of votes was a little odd.

Maybe scumbro trying a little too hard to look like a concerned townie?

vote: Terrabyte20xx

Taste the sweat of my sword.

Blarg being town doesn't clear Terra for me, I just think they could both be scum and with similar odds, I'd rather lose the one not participating if both are wrong.

I'm so sorry~
♫​

D-D-DOUBLE QUOTE

Meh, I'm going to try to read him one way or another.

I'm so sorry~
♫​

I'm so sorry~
♫​

Ty4on

I didn't find anything in his answering machine recording so Blarg is essentially speaking in quotes. That's why I'm reading them.

Ty4on

I'm so sorry~
♫​
Somehow I forgot about that one o.o;

I treated the Sophia/Crimson ones more like fluff

Karkador

Banned
So, since the alternative discussion is going nowhere, I'm gonna return to the question of forbidden actions.

Assuming a forbidden action is not just this game's idea of a joke, I'm assuming a FA is meant to either

A) Mechanically make the game harder by limiting what people can do

or

B) Create situations where people might be entrapped into breaking their FA

I can't see a real purpose for the FA otherwise. That's why something like mandated poetry every fourth line, or mandated Believe It Or Nots, while silly and entertaining, doesn't come off as a compelling mechanic to me.

In Faddy's case, poetry doesn't necessarily make the game mechanically harder (so it doesn't sound like 'A'), nor does it seem like a situation he can be trapped in (so it's not 'B' either).

Under those conditions, I'm more inclined to believe OceanicAir's claim - ending up in second place for votes is a mechanical way of making it harder; though I have yet to see a reason why OA would purposefully get entrapped into second place and die.

Sorian

Banned
So, since the alternative discussion is going nowhere, I'm gonna return to the question of forbidden actions.

Assuming a forbidden action is not just this game's idea of a joke, I'm assuming a FA is meant to either

A) Mechanically make the game harder by limiting what people can do

or

B) Create situations where people might be entrapped into breaking their FA

I can't see a real purpose for the FA otherwise. That's why something like mandated poetry every fourth line, or mandated Believe It Or Nots, while silly and entertaining, doesn't come off as a compelling mechanic to me.

In Faddy's case, poetry doesn't necessarily make the game mechanically harder (so it doesn't sound like 'A'), nor does it seem like a situation he can be trapped in (so it's not 'B' either).

Under those conditions, I'm more inclined to believe OceanicAir's claim - ending up in second place for votes is a mechanical way of making it harder; though I have yet to see a reason why OA would purposefully get entrapped into second place and die.

You're assuming that people are in control of their own fates with their FA which doesn't need to be the case, it also wasn't in the source material.

Karkador

Banned
You're assuming that people are in control of their own fates with their FA which doesn't need to be the case, it also wasn't in the source material.

When I skimmed the wikipedia article about Danganronpa3, people's forbidden actions were stuff like "running in the halls" and "opening their left hand"

You're saying there could be FAs that are out of people's control? Doesn't seem fair.

FluxWaveZ

When I skimmed the wikipedia article about Danganronpa3, people's forbidden actions were stuff like "running in the halls" and "opening their left hand"

You're saying there could be FAs that are out of people's control? Doesn't seem fair.

It's a possibility, yes. So far, there doesn't seem to be FAs like that, from what people have claimed, but there could always be a case where someone else could die as a direct result of someone else's action.

Sorian

Banned

There were also FAs like "witnessing violence" and "letting x die." Life isn't fair.

Natiko

Banned
It's a possibility, yes. So far, there doesn't seem to be FAs like that, from what people have claimed, but there could always be a case where someone else could die as a direct result of someone else's action.
I think OA's would fall under being out of his direct control. He can influence it indirectly but ultimately he cannot prevent it by direct actions.

FluxWaveZ

I think OA's would fall under being out of his direct control. He can influence it indirectly but ultimately he cannot prevent it by direct actions.

That's true, I guess OceanicAir is the only exception to that right now; it's why he felt compelled to tell us what his was.

I'm the map, my role is Ultimate Navigator.

in case it's not obvious, I'm trolling.

I'm so sorry~
♫​

Actual words! Care to share what the point of all that was? Or perhaps give some reasoning why you shouldn't be lynched today?

I'm so sorry~
♫​

Top Bottom