• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

♪ BELIEVE it or not, Blarg is not in his room, pls
Leave a message, (don't) PM me
But if you have died, thanks for calling it off
I'm so sorry~
BELIEVE it or not, wasn't me
♫​

FluxWaveZ

Also, to be clear, my previous comment was complete sarcasm. I still don't think that the map matters at all.

I'd kinda want someone to corroborate the map being an actual element if they could, but it'd probably hint at a power role, so I guess they shouldn't.

*Splinter

Basically, blarg can only post properly for an hour a day. Otherwise he's 'AFK'

Am I getting it?
Sketch is being extremely quick to believe things.

That might not be hugely out of character, but come on:

1) This is way too disruptive to someone's posting to be a real in-game mechanic
2) It just so happens to go to Blarg, the one player most likely to do this for shits and giggles
3) He uses his one hour in the dead of night when only a few people are posting.

I think a little scepticism would be prudent.

Sketch is being extremely quick to believe things.

That might not be hugely out of character, but come on:

1) This is way too disruptive to someone's posting to be a real in-game mechanic
Good point.

2) It just so happens to go to Blarg, the one player most likely to do this for shits and giggles
Blarg has been intentionally given a role before, one that just so happened to have a penalty similar to the FA mechanism: see Final Fantasy, where due to his role as Bartz he had to basically role play the entire game as his win condition and absolutely no one caught it.

3) He uses his one hour in the dead of night when only a few people are posting.

I think a little scepticism would be prudent.

I have noted that blarg tends to post when it's super early or late for me sometimes- I know there's been games where the only person posting is Blarg because literally every other player is asleep. That said, why use the hour right then instead of opening with it and explaining? Would have made more sense.

Also what makes you think I 100% believe what's going on? I'm basically just trying to piece things together right now. Nowhere in that post did I say I believed that is definitely Blarg's role setup. I'm basically flinging shit to see what sticks.

*Splinter

Blarg has been intentionally given a role before, one that just so happened to have a penalty similar to the FA mechanism: see Final Fantasy, where due to his role as Bartz he had to basically role play the entire game as his win condition and absolutely no one caught it.
Huh? Are you saying Scrafty intentionally gave Blarg that neutral role instead of RNGing it? Because that's a very serious accusation that I would never ever make
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also what makes you think I 100% believe what's going on? I'm basically just trying to piece things together right now. Nowhere in that post did I say I believed that is definitely Blarg's role setup. I'm basically flinging shit to see what sticks.
Rereading your post, I guess this is true

The only role that was not RNG'd was Sophia's

Starsketch (0)
Sorian (152)

Sorian (0)
Starsketch (154)

Bronx-Man (0)
*Splinter (209)

FluxWaveZ (0)
Faddy (196)

Karkador (1)
Sorian (201)
kingkitty (223)

*Splinter (0)
Sorian (245)

Nin1000 (0)
Natiko (264)

Faddy (1)
Ty4on (275)

Blargonaut (6)
Natiko (307)
*Splinter (317)
Sorian (322)
FluxWaveZ (343)
Royal_Flush (356)
*Splinter (376)
Bronx-Man (378)
Terrabyte20xx (456)

OceanicAir (1)
Blargonaut (403)

Terrabyte20xx (1)
Kingkitty (428)

Royal_Flush (1)
Natiko (457)

Majority is 9

Up to date vote count can be found here.

Day Ends:

blu_1486501200.png

nin1000

Banned
♪ BELIEVE it or not, Blarg is not in his room, pls
I'm so sorry~
♫​

♪ BELIEVE it or not, nin is not in his room, pls
I'm so sorry~
♫​

Morning folks. Sorry for vanishing, but the game started at a bad time on a very busy weekend for me, even without the superbowl. Give me a moment for a full reread, but it looks like discussion has mostly focused on FAs, and lately Blarg (who is 2/3 of the way to majority on what looks like mostly policy grounds).

Karkador

Banned
The whole point of the gambit was probably to be a pain in the ass and a easy target, easy enough that mafia might hop on board.

It'll be interesting to see who unvotes now.

*Splinter

The whole point of the gambit was probably to be a pain in the ass and a easy target, easy enough that mafia might hop on board.

1) Isn't you saying "I'm looking at who unvotes" going to influence whether or not people unvote?

2) Why do you think people would be unvoting now anyway?

Anyone else having trouble with mobile GAF losing posts you have tagged for multiquite? I know I tagged more than two.

Ty4on, I'm debating if I appreciate the effort but it's clear this is a waste of time. Yes Splinter, watch me stifle conversation.
Why_not_both?

There was a man it was said
Had to rhyme or be dead
He voted too quick
It made him feel sick
UNVOTE: FluxWaveZ

There was a man it was said - 7 notes
Had to rhyme or be dead - 6 notes

If you had to use poetry, you failed. Either Crimson is being lenient, or you are lying.

No, google is telling me I am right. If line 1 is X syllables, lines 2 and 5 must also be X syllables. (X apparently being 7,8, or 9)

Natiko

Banned

I don't think anything he posted cleared much of anything up though. If it is a gambit it reminds me of yours in quarantine in that all it did is bring a ton of suspicion upon him that won't be cleared easily. The only thing to come from it is that we can possibly find out two alignments in one lynch but even that is dependent on Blarg being honest which isn't exactly a given with what he has posted so far.

Gets a pass often? I feel like he's always getting lynched early. I played with him in SW and PiR and he died D2 and D1.
I feel like you are sort of glossing over exactly HOW Blarg got himself killed in SW. He decided to gambit, claimed scum, and then hoped that would be enough to not get him killed. Mind you, he did that as the role-cop for town. He didn't die for his early inane posting, he died because he claimed scum.

I think (hope) I fixed the vote tool. Turns out I had no free disk space on my Pi left.

Did I ever see Scum-Sketch before? I don't think so, so I can't be sure, but she seems to be her usual slightly naive self. I think she's Town.

OA's post on the other hand just give me a very weird vibe and I can't tell you why. I'll keep an eye on him.

And AB, don't go down that rabbit hole. It's not healthy.

better hurry it up, my allotted 1 hour of normal posting a Day is already more than halfway over

Talk to me, people
Maybe be at your room at a time other than 6-7am?

Blarg replied with two pregame quotes and then a Bronx-Man quote. Royal didn't clarify if he should quote it *immediately* afterwards.
I thought that was obvious. If he wanted to communicate he wouldn't have quoted random posts inbetween.

FTR, if I were scumhunting I'd vote Terra. First for his feigned concern over a turbo that isn't going to happen and second for his shoddy defenses since being called out.

I don't like Sorian's idea of lynching Blarg first. The scummy action here was Terra's, so he's the one we should be lynching. I know that last time Terra did this it was for a teammate, but as I said I think his concern is fake - a mistake he could make regardless of whether or not the turbo target is a teammate. If Blarg happens to be town then lynching him first would clear a lot of the suspicion on Terra with faulty logic.

However, Blarg has been Blarging too hard for my tastes so I'm still on board with the policy lynch for now.
The connection between Terra and Blarg at this point is almost non-existing at all imo. I've seen Scum being concerned or "concerned" about an early D1 turbo regardless of what alignment the other party had. Speaking of which, are there examples of Townies being actually concerned about a not-so-imminent turbo on D1? I'm almost certain there are, but I can't think of any concrete examples.

also this "terras defense of blarg" seems to be a fantasy brought on by peoples misdirected annoyance.

but then maybe im just thinking that because i have a similar point to him.
I don't thing anybody actually said Terra defended Blarg. Like in "arguing that he's Town or shouldn't be lynched today". Just that he was "suspiciously" concerned about the vote pile.

Top Bottom