• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Sawneeks

Banned
I do not believe Rest was our CornBurrito killer. I doubt that there is a ninja at play, seeing that there was already a confirmed mimic. Therefore he would have to risk traveling through Pau's route, since the distance from his room to CornBurrito's room is equidistant.

What even happened to our original plan of going after Corn's killer today? We were all fairly adamant about finding the killer only to have Rest come and do....whatever he did. I don't believe any of us currently believe Rest killed Corn? I'm not saying he isn't Despair but we seem to have lost track of our original intentions for today, aka find the killer.

Vote: Royal_Flush

Seeing as we might be ending the day early once Christina responds I want to get my vote in just in case I am not here when we bring the hammer down. I don't believe Rest killed Corn, I'm not really sure if I do believe Rest is Despair, but I do want to know what Royal flips. I believe that Rest and Royal can not both be Despair, meaning if Rest flips Hope then I believe Royal is our top-row Scum and vice-versa if Royal ends up flipping Hope.

Seeing as we might be ending the day early once Christina responds I want to get my vote in just in case I am not here when we bring the hammer down. I don't believe Rest killed Corn, I'm not really sure if I do believe Rest is Despair, but I do want to know what Royal flips. I believe that Rest and Royal can not both be Despair, meaning if Rest flips Hope then I believe Royal is our top-row Scum and vice-versa if Royal ends up flipping Hope.

It is true that we can't be both Despair. But me flipping Hope doesn't change anything about Rest.

Sawneeks

Banned
It is true that we can't be both Despair. But me flipping Hope doesn't change anything about Rest.

I worded that weird, I apologize.

Basically there are two scenarios I see right now. If you flip Despair this means Rest is Hope. If you flip Hope then this means Rest is Despair. I'm fairly convinced one of you is our killer and the other is simply Ordinary Town.

Ty4on

Night 1 was unique, I suppose, because no players had actually understood the implication of movements in the corridors at night. But once Despair had grasped the concept, they became much more cautious about the distance they traveled during nights. In other words, I believe CzarTim took out SalvaPot on Night 2 (adjacent room), *Splinter took out AbsolutBro on Night 5 (adjacent room), and Swamped took out CornBurrito on Night 6 (adjacent room).

*Splinter disguised as Kalor took him out. Pau and AB confirmed seeing ""Kalor"" on N2 and according to *Splinter's role PM he needed a night to make his costume and couldn't do anything at night other than being Despair's killer.

They were probably playing with the idea of Czar's one shot back then as well. It is also interesting that Kalor would have used the bottom row to kill SalvaPot.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Why can't Rest and Flush both be Despair?
This.

In fact, if we Lynch rest and he flips Despair, I would be convinced that either Swamped or Royal_Flush are scum(1, not both) because it still makes no sense for rest to have killed Corn.

What even happened to our original plan of going after Corn's killer today? We were all fairly adamant about finding the killer only to have Rest come and do....whatever he did. I don't believe any of us currently believe Rest killed Corn? I'm not saying he isn't Despair but we seem to have lost track of our original intentions for today, aka find the killer.

Vote: Royal_Flush

Having observed how Royal_Flush play, I believe he has Hope's best interests at heart. I have found his contributions valuable. Again, his post no. 3448 provided us with a screenshot of his spreadsheet that has been useful to my deductive exercise. He came and joined the game with vigor and positive participation. I read Hope from him.

*Splinter disguised as Kalor took him out. Pau and AB confirmed seeing ""Kalor"" on N2 and according to *Splinter's role PM he needed a night to make his costume and couldn't do anything at night other than being Despair's killer.

They were probably playing with the idea of Czar's one shot back then as well. It is also interesting that Kalor would have used the bottom row to kill SalvaPot.

Thank you for the clarification, Ty4on. I acknowledge your points, they have solid validity.

However, I remain convinced that CornBurrito's killer was Swamped due to proximity of movement. Occam's Razor dictates that the simplest explanation is usually the one closest to the truth and I am willing to move forward and test the veracity of my conviction on this matter.

kingkitty

Having observed how Royal_Flush play, I believe he has Hope's best interests at heart. I have found his contributions valuable. Again, his post no. 3448 provided us with a screenshot of his spreadsheet that has been useful to my deductive exercise.

We shouldn't forget that scumbro splinter did a very similar thing, posting spreadsheets of his own to look "helpful".

Terrabyte20xx, yes. Her pattern of behavior seems to closely resemble *Splinter's after CzarTim's exit. I detailed as much earlier, but I am reading nuance that she has been following a similar guideline.

Both CzarTim and *Splinter cast a self-vote against themselves at the end of the Day Phases and both *Splinter and Swamped expressed aggravation closely after the voting is closed, painting themselves into a pro-Hope profiles whilst soon after casting doubt and uncertainty against players who I have read as Hope.

I noticed that when it was Day 5, during Kalor's exit, there was no self-voting, and yet Swamped did not come with any substantial inputs closer to the deadline and even until the Day has closed - I find this behavior contradictory to her pronounced fuss at *Splinter's exit.

We shouldn't forget that scumbro splinter did a very similar thing, posting spreadsheets of his own to look "helpful".

kingkity, to be completely honest, I found *Splinter's spreadsheet to have been underwhelming and I was not able to use any of it to help me parse through our predicaments. I remember distinctly that the only inwardly remark I made to myself was that he professed that it had taken him eight hours to produce it.

Royal_Flush's data, on the other hand, had helped me to understand the mechanics of the game better and it has aided in refining my suspicious list. Truly, you are right and I am not ruling Royal_Flush out thoroughly, I am merely stating that I am reading Hope from this player.

Makai

Gosh, you've said you don't think Rest killed Corn...but do you think he is Despair? I hope you are not limiting yourself to mechanical investigation.

Sawneeks

Banned
Why can't Rest and Flush both be Despair?

The possibility is there, I just don't see it working. Rest and Flush have both argued against each other in the past and are generally on different sides of major points. Both have also openly voted for each other and have tried to get the other lynched or at least join in the bandwagons against them. So unless Royal entered the game with a play to throw his Despair-buddy Rest under the bus it wouldn't make sense for both of them to be acting this way.

A lot of my argument comes from King's post here:

Why I won't vote for Rest:

Day 1, CzarTim helped ignite some votes against Rest. Czar joined me, and Kalor, which was then followed by a few others. But eventually Hagi got killed instead.

Day 2, CzarTim read Rest as scum. On Day 3, Splinter throws a little shade on Rest by saying that Rest basically disappeared because of inactivity. On Day 5, Splinter threw more shade at Rest by saying he had a "terrible reason" to vote for Kalor.

I still feel a bit uneasy with Rest, but he's not my top target.

Why I'm voting for Vivi/Royal_Flush

Day 2, CzarTim had a "null read" on Vivi. On that same day, Vivi's reads suggested CzarTim and Splinter were hope. Similar to the scumbros, Vivi read Rest and Barrylocke as people who leaned despair.

Day 3, Splinter read Vivi as "likely hope". Day 4, Vivi read Splinter as "likely hope". And then poof, Vivi was replaced by RoyalF.

Day 5, RoyalF believed Rest was 80% likely to be despair. While scum Splinter only got 45%. That same day, RoyalF got the stamp of approval by Splinter, when he said that both Vivi and RoyalF were hope.

On Day 6, I think RoyalF had to change his tune quickly once Splinter was getting mad heat. Despair had to cut their loses with Splinter. Although even when RoyalF suggested to kill Splinter, he also said the school should kill Rest if Splinter ends up as a mimic. He also included Rest on like, 3 scum team variations (although he later corrected it a bit).

If RoyalF is despair, I have a hard time thinking Rest is also despair.

Having observed how Royal_Flush play, I believe he has Hope's best interests at heart. I have found his contributions valuable. Again, his post no. 3448 provided us with a screenshot of his spreadsheet that has been useful to my deductive exercise. He came and joined the game with vigor and positive participation. I read Hope from him.

What do you make of King's post above then? Your reasoning against Swamped is very similar to why I don't trust Royal, by that I mean they fall into a pattern that CzarTim/Splinter used. Yet you still find Royal to be Hope despite the evidence above.

No, I do not think Rest is Despair. Not a certainty of course, but I feel he has frequently been chosen as the easy target in this game. He does not seem to have build rapport with any other player in particular, therefore it is understandable that he has come to find himself in a position of precariousness. I know we are now very far away from Day 1, but I do believe Rest was leaning Hope due to his engagement with Crab. He had gumption to elevate himself to unnecessary notice against a key note player at Day 1 and I do not think this would be a Despair play - unless it was someone as experienced as CzarTim, maybe.

Bear in mind, this has all been leaning reads, and not conviction reads (on Royal_Flush and Rest). The only one I am persuaded to have solid conviction to be Despair is Swamped.

Makai

The possibility is there, I just don't see it working. Rest and Flush have both argued against each other in the past and are generally on different sides of major points. Both have also openly voted for each other and have tried to get the other lynched or at least join in the bandwagons against them. So unless Royal entered the game with a play to throw his Despair-buddy Rest under the bus it wouldn't make sense for both of them to be acting this way.
Bussing is a fairly common strategy. I don't see why you'd rule out them both being Despair but not accept that the AbsolutBro trio is cleared.

A lot of my argument comes from King's post here:

What do you make of King's post above then? Your reasoning against Swamped is very similar to why I don't trust Royal, by that I mean they fall into a pattern that CzarTim/Splinter used. Yet you still find Royal to be Hope despite the evidence above.

Sawneeks, I do not find Royal_Flush to be Hope for certain. I only find him to be leaning Hope. KingKitty's assessment is astute and of interest to me, they certainly have notched Royal_Flush a peg or two in my analysis of him, but that puts him in the zone of ambiguity in my mind. As a general thumb rule, I usually try to go for the ones that I have better conviction on, and on this day, it is Swamped for me.

Sawneeks

Banned
Bussing is a fairly common strategy. I don't see why you'd rule out them both being Despair but not accept that the AbsolutBro trio is cleared.

I think you misunderstand me. I don't see both Rest and Royal being Despair but I'm not ruling out the possibility altogether. I just don't find it likely, like a 90% chance they aren't both Despair.

Makai

Oh yeah, so that's how it happened. So, I remembered yesterday's voting wrong even though I posted about it correctly at the start of the day. Rest was indeed an accomplice in Splinter's suicide. Let's walk through the events:

Rest is vote 6 on Splinter.

Now, I know Crab was tight lipped about Fight Club, but I don't recall him ever so much as mentioning Kalor (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not much of a thread digger.) I think if he'd seen him, he would have been investigating him and encouraging us to look at his posts more. I do think he saw Sawneeks though, and am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now. That makes *Splinter the only option as the mimic, because Ty4on is also accounted for with Pau.

VOTE: *Splinter

Corn is vote 7 on Splinter.

Eh fuckit.

Vote: Splinter

Really hope you are a Despair liar, because otherwise this game just got so much more complicated.

Splinter needs 8 votes for majority. Rest makes sure Launchpad knows there are 7 votes.

Launch, I see you updating the spreadsheet. I think you missed my vote on *Splinter.

Launchpad confirms that he's paying attention.

Jesus I somehow missed 2 pages of votes. How the hell did that happen

*Splinter is at 7 atm

I got yours Rest

Splinter hammers himself.

VOTE: *Splinter

Oops! Rest, you were paying close attention to the voting - even closer than the mod it seemed. Come on, how did you let this happen? Right before Splinter hammers himself, you make sure he has the votes to do it.

Swamped

Banned

Goshu's back <3 <3 <3

Thanks for the summary as well. I think I've already addressed most of those points, but if you or anyone else want further clarifications do let me know. I think your theory about Despair targeting people next to them is interesting, and I think that's what they should have done throughout the game. But at this stage of the game there are only two roaming PRs, and they both have fairly well established patterns. I'm pretty sure Despair can circumvent them, especially if there is more than one Despair left. They can co-ordinate who does the kills.

Terrabyte20xx, yes. Her pattern of behavior seems to closely resemble *Splinter's after CzarTim's exit. I detailed as much earlier, but I am reading nuance that she has been following a similar guideline.

Both CzarTim and *Splinter cast a self-vote against themselves at the end of the Day Phases and both *Splinter and Swamped expressed aggravation closely after the voting is closed, painting themselves into a pro-Hope profiles whilst soon after casting doubt and uncertainty against players who I have read as Hope.

I noticed that when it was Day 5, during Kalor's exit, there was no self-voting, and yet Swamped did not come with any substantial inputs closer to the deadline and even until the Day has closed - I find this behavior contradictory to her pronounced fuss at *Splinter's exit.

I think any pattern resemblance you are seeing between me and Splinter is a little far-fetched. Day 5 was a very different case. Day 5 did not end early, so I was able to participate in the majority of the discussions going on. I was also able to get my vote in. Sure, I was disappointed not to be a part of the excitement at the end of D5, and experience Kalor's reaction in real time, but at least I was able to get most of my thoughts out prior to that.

But D6 ended rather abruptly, way before I was expecting it to. I wasn't even able to vote. I wasn't even given a chance to react to Splinter's role-claim, and that's what really frustrated me since I knew he was lying about 'protecting Sawneeks the entire game'. I noticed that CM wasn't able to vote that day either, which meant that my read on her remains kind of ambiguous.

That's why I really want to see her vote today before we decide to end the day early.

Goshu's back <3 <3 <3

Thanks for the summary as well. I think I've already addressed most of those points, but if you or anyone else want further clarifications do let me know. I think your theory about Despair targeting people next to them is interesting, and I think that's what they should have done throughout the game. But at this stage of the game there are only two roaming PRs, and they both have fairly well established patterns. I'm pretty sure Despair can circumvent them, especially if there is more than one Despair left. They can co-ordinate who does the kills.

I believe Despair may have been more cautious than ever now that they are two members down. With regards to kill coordination, I believe Despair would rather not risk outing members of their team earlier than necessary, just in case there is yet Hope PR that has not moved. Maybe Rest's or KingKitty's behavior have been causing a degree of caution in Despair's night movements.

I think any pattern resemblance you are seeing between me and Splinter is a little far-fetched. Day 5 was a very different case. Day 5 did not end early, so I was able to participate in the majority of the discussions going on. I was also able to get my vote in. Sure, I was disappointed not to be a part of the excitement at the end of D5, and experience Kalor's reaction in real time, but at least I was able to get most of my thoughts out prior to that.

But D6 ended rather abruptly, way before I was expecting it to. I wasn't even able to vote. I wasn't even given a chance to react to Splinter's role-claim, and that's what really frustrated me since I knew he was lying about 'protecting Sawneeks the entire game'. I noticed that CM wasn't able to vote that day either, which meant that my read on her remains kind of ambiguous.

That's why I really want to see her vote today before we decide to end the day early.

I am not sure if you realize this, Swamped, but the rebuttal points you are making resemble exactly what I thought Despair would have employed.

I am thankful that CornBurrito was astute enough to leave a clear pointer on his thoughts before the day ended early yesterday. It was unfortunate that the day had ended prematurely for two reasons; firstly, it deprived other players the chance to chime in with their inputs just in case they would not survive the night, and secondly, it provides a convenient smoke-screen against voting analysis. Had Hope wished to question a suspicious player's vote for Day 6, the player may simply state that he or she did not have a chance to cast his or her vote for the day. For this reason, I also found that it was the players outside the voting block that feels more suspicious to me. In short, I believe *Splinter hammered the day early to shield his team members from future voting analysis.

The underlined parts in your quoted message and mine caused me even further conviction in my mind that you are Despair. I can not say in good faith that your responses have done anything to dissuade me.

Christina, as soon as you get a chance, would you mind stating your thoughts on Rest, you seem to be the only one who hasn't posted on the matter.

No one turbo until she posts.

Looking at the map Rest probably isn't the killer but his behavior is strange, he's deliberately being evasive about his role.

Seeing it's 8 confirmed/vetted versus 4 suspects, whatever happens at least 4 Hope players will make it. I'm fine changing my vote to Rest to achieve majority. Rest today, swamped tomorrow, the order doesn't make any difference.

I noticed that CM wasn't able to vote that day either, which meant that my read on her remains kind of ambiguous.

I can't make the deadlines because of work.

You'll notice that I wasn't around during the deadline on my first day when the majority vote was changed to Kalor nor on my second day when *Splinter was lynched before the day ended (which also happened about the same time as the deadline). I'm not going to be around for the deadline again so if anything at least I'm consistent with my absence.

Vote: Rest

So rest or royal flush today?

Do we want to get an eviction early today to avoid launch's dinner?

I have been thinking about this game. I think it's likely that one of despairs pings as ordinary student when investigated. Likely a role named something like ultimate despair, or ultimate fashionista...

Ty4on

I have been thinking about this game. I think it's likely that one of despairs pings as ordinary student when investigated. Likely a role named something like ultimate despair, or ultimate fashionista...
I also think it's possible one of the cleared students could be a godfather. One problem though is CzarTim pretended to be an alignment cop, would he have done that knowing that Hope had a cop? Maybe he was trying to get the cop to out themselves or maybe he knew that hope had a role cop, not an alignment cop.

Don't end this early. I'm not done looking at older posts and comparing reactions.

Also, starting with the next Day Phase, Day Phases will now last 72 hours and Night Phase will last 48 hours.

Thank you!

I also think it's possible one of the cleared students could be a godfather. One problem though is CzarTim pretended to be an alignment cop, would he have done that knowing that Hope had a cop? Maybe he was trying to get the cop to out themselves or maybe he knew that hope had a role cop, not an alignment cop.

Don't end this early. I'm not done looking at older posts and comparing reactions.

What can you learn in the next 8 hours that you haven't gleaned from the existing posts so far? At this point, with this much dead time I really don't understand the waiting and the risk for crazy shit to occur at the end of the day. Every day we haven't thought the eviction through, and instead waited for the end has ended up absolutely crazy.

Ty4on, what are your reservations? Is it just catching up? Do you have questions for the current potentials? Do you think we are completely off base?

With all this dead time, and all these votes currently in, I want to make sure that we don't rush at the end after wasting all this time beforehand

Swamped

Banned
I believe Despair may have been more cautious than ever now that they are two members down. With regards to kill coordination, I believe Despair would rather not risk outing members of their team earlier than necessary, just in case there is yet Hope PR that has not moved. Maybe Rest's or KingKitty's behavior have been causing a degree of caution in Despair's night movements.

I am not sure if you realize this, Swamped, but the rebuttal points you are making resemble exactly what I thought Despair would have employed.

The underlined parts in your quoted message and mine caused me even further conviction in my mind that you are Despair. I can not say in good faith that your responses have done anything to dissuade me.

I guess you and I have differing opinions on the matter. I believe that Despair would have used that chance to bus Splinter, and gain some town cred.

If the big Despair plan was to ensure the other members didn't have a vote that day, then why would i have immediately called attention to my lack of a vote at the end of that day phase? Sort of defeats the purpose. I can't say the same for CM though, but it looks like she had replied to me regarding her lack of vote.

Just know that I'm not really happy about how early this day ended, before i even had a chance to say anything. Even if i say now who i would have voted for it's useless.

I can't make the deadlines because of work.

You'll notice that I wasn't around during the deadline on my first day when the majority vote was changed to Kalor nor on my second day when *Splinter was lynched before the day ended (which also happened about the same time as the deadline). I'm not going to be around for the deadline again so if anything at least I'm consistent with my absence.

Thanks, i do understand that. I generally can't make deadlines either because of work.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Oh yeah, so that's how it happened. So, I remembered yesterday's voting wrong even though I posted about it correctly at the start of the day. Rest was indeed an accomplice in Splinter's suicide. Let's walk through the events:

Rest is vote 6 on Splinter.

Corn is vote 7 on Splinter.

Splinter needs 8 votes for majority. Rest makes sure Launchpad knows there are 7 votes.

Launchpad confirms that he's paying attention.

Splinter hammers himself.

Oops! Rest, you were paying close attention to the voting - even closer than the mod it seemed. Come on, how did you let this happen? Right before Splinter hammers himself, you make sure he has the votes to do it.
I have already addressed that. I was looking at the spreadsheet, I saw Launch adding and removing votes. He started adding votes that came in after mine, and I wanted to make sure he hadn't missed it. He already had me miscounted for a long period of Day 5 I believe, it may have been Day 4.

Makai

I have already addressed that. I was looking at the spreadsheet, I saw Launch adding and removing votes. He started adding votes that came in after mine, and I wanted to make sure he hadn't missed it. He already had me miscounted for a long period of Day 5 I believe, it may have been Day 4.
And...you didn't realize that he could end the day even though it just started?

Rest

And...you didn't realize that he could end the day even though it just started?
What?

Anyway, I'm done wasting time on this BS. You want to lynch me for not taking part in anti town behavior? Fine, I can't stop you.

For the rest of you, if I flip hope, lynch Makai for wasting today. There's no reason that most of today should have been spent talking about me, it's in Despair's interest to waste so much time.

As to what we might do that is productive:

I don't accept as a possibility that we've only got one Despair left. Everybody give me the two people you think are Despair. For the sake of new conversation, don't include me.

I think it's more likely that we have three left, as I've said. Give me a third name and support it, but make it a name that's not from Makai's list of four suspects.

And since I think there's a chance we have four left, give me fourth name that you'd like to explore, also not from the list of four.

For the rest of you, if I flip hope, lynch Makai for wasting today. There's no reason that most of today should have been spent talking about me, it's in Despair's interest to waste so much time.

As to what we might do that is productive:

I don't accept as a possibility that we've only got one Despair left. Everybody give me the two people you think are Despair. For the sake of new conversation, don't include me.

I think it's more likely that we have three left, as I've said. Give me a third name and support it, but make it a name that's not from Makai's list of four suspects.

And since I think there's a chance we have four left, give me fourth name that you'd like to explore, also not from the list of four.

I agree that we rather sooner than later lynch either Makai or Kingkitty to prove what's going on. There are clues that they speak the truth (esp. Kingkitty's "I lack motivation" episode during Day 5) but better safe than sorry. Somehow I have a weird feeling about Makai.

So you want Despair teams from us (without you). Then you shall get Despair teams:

1 Despair left:
Swamped

2 Despair left:
either Swamped + Zippedpinhead/Terrabyte or Makai + Kingkitty

3 Despair left:
either Makai + Kingkitty + Zippedpinhead/Terrabyte or Makai + Kingkitty + Swamped/Christina

4 Despair left (I highly doubt this option):
Makai + Kingkitty + Zippedpinhead/Terrabyte + Swamped/Christina

I agree that we rather sooner than later lynch either Makai or Kingkitty to prove what's going on. There are clues that they speak the truth (esp. Kingkitty's "I lack motivation" episode during Day 5) but better safe than sorry. Somehow I have a weird feeling about Makai.

So you want Despair teams from us (without you). Then you shall get Despair teams:

1 Despair left:
Swamped

2 Despair left:
either Swamped + Zippedpinhead/Terrabyte or Makai + Kingkitty

3 Despair left:
either Makai + Kingkitty + Zippedpinhead/Terrabyte or Makai + Kingkitty + Swamped/Christina

4 Despair left (I highly doubt this option):
Makai + Kingkitty + Zippedpinhead/Terrabyte + Swamped/Christina

Why leave off goshujinsama if you are lumping terrabyte and myself together as your next likely despair groups? Why make that distinction? Was that an oversight?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Why leave off goshujinsama if you are lumping terrabyte and myself together as your next likely despair groups? Why make that distinction? Was that an oversight?
What makes that even more increadiblly odd is that you and I actually got dedicated posts from AB defending us as ordinary townies, even though goshujinsama didn't.

Makai

This idea of a role that returns Ordinary Student when investigated is absurd. That role is bad for Despair. They would basically be dead if seen in the hallways. It's much better to have a benign name and lie about your abilities. Gosh, Terrabyte, and Zipped are completely cleared. Rest and Flush want us to ignore our strongest clue and it comes off as Despair feeling trapped.

Ty4on

What makes that even more increadiblly odd is that you and I actually got dedicated posts from AB defending us as ordinary townies, even though goshujinsama didn't.

Goshujinsama was never under pressure or voted for so it would look odd. AB didn't put any pressure on him and this:
It's not about votes, it's about trust. I fell for Czar's gambit and eliminated any chance for some players to trust anything I say. There are enough players that distrust me that Despair don't need to kill me at night; they can wait for someone I vote for to end up as Hope and let someone lead a vote against me.

be real: if I came out, right now, and said I was a Role Cop and that Zip was an Ordinary Student, would anyone honestly believe me? Terrabyte? Goshu? People trust me about as much as they trust them, probably less. I've wandered into the rooms of a bunch of people who aren't generally trusted, and outing Pau and Ty4on didn't exactly endear me to anyone. It's like a sad roulette wheel of Gafia bad luck, where all I'm likely to do is seem even sketchier to people.

As for my feelings on Sawneeks, I outlined my general suspicions not that long ago. I find the way the whole Czar / Sawneeks vote went down to be incredibly sketchy. It doesn't necessarily implicate Sawneeks though, and I'm hesitant to fall for a CzarTim gambit twice in one game. That said I was convinced enough then to vote for Sawneeks, I'm still not far off.
Feels like a way of saying Goshu is an ordinary student without making him look like a cop. Between the lines he is saying "When I flip cop know that these are cleared".

Ty4on

This idea of a role that returns Ordinary Student when investigated is absurd. That role is bad for Despair. They would basically be dead if seen in the hallways. It's much better to have a benign name and lie about your abilities. Gosh, Terrabyte, and Zipped are completely cleared. Rest and Flush want us to ignore our strongest clue and it comes off as Despair feeling trapped.

What about when all the rule breakers are dead? No one saw the killer last night so it doesn't change one bit what role name they have.

Makai

What about when all the rule breakers are dead? No one saw the killer last night so it doesn't change one bit what role name they have.
All I'm saying is those three were cleared by AbsolutBro. Expanding our suspect list to include them is anti-town.

Makai

I mean, are you saying that this role exists but it's only slightly useful if the role cop had investigated you, told everyone you are cleared, and all of the walking power roles are dead? I'd rather have a real ability if I were Despair.

The first one in the 3 Despair left scenario indeed is a oversight. He should be there with the other ones cleared by AB. In all other scenarios you are in the same team as Swamped and after today I don't think Swamped and goshu are both Despair.

Also it might have been a bit confusing. The slash means not both (that would be the plus) but one of those. So "Zippedpinhead/Terrabyte" means one of those two, whereas "Makai + Kingkitty" means both of them.

The reasoning:
- I think of the 4 main suspects today, I suspect Swamped to be the killer (Tough only with little distance to the 2 runner-ups).
- Makai and Kingkitty have the same alignment
- If there is a godfather, there only is one godfather. Therefore only one of the "cleared" players can be Despair.
- goshu and Swamped most likely are not in the same team

That leaves me with exactly those teams I listed (plus the small error pointed out by Zippedpinhead) if I put myself, Sawneeks and Pau + Ty4on as fixed Hope players.

kingkitty

alright, we have 4 hours left.

Rest has 5.
Flush has 4.
Swamped has 2.
And according to the spreadsheet he have Ty4on wasting a vote on Makai.

We need 7 for a majority.

alright, we have 4 hours left.

Rest has 5.
Flush has 4.
Swamped has 2.
And according to the spreadsheet he have Ty4on wasting a vote on Makai.

We need 7 for a majority.

As it looks as if a Swamped lynch won't happen today, I will swing to Rest as soon as I get the clearance for putting us in proximity to ending early.

Rest

At this point lynching a PR versus regular Hope doesn't sound like much of a difference.

So I'll put more pressure on Rest.

My views on role claiming haven't changed. Is there anything else you'd want to know about?

Sawneeks

Banned
Reasoning for me over Swamped?

Already gave it earlier in the thread and I'm honestly too lazy to hunt it down again. It basically boils down into a Hope gut read from Swamped because many of her reactions mimic my own and I am voting for you because of the evidence posted by King as well as your proximity to Corn's room as opposed to Rest ( the other possible Despair member).

Already gave it earlier in the thread and I'm honestly too lazy to hunt it down again. It basically boils down into a Hope gut read from Swamped because many of her reactions mimic my own and I am voting for you because of the evidence posted by King as well as your proximity to Corn's room as opposed to Rest ( the other possible Despair member).

ok, thought so. Not much I can do about it I guess. I don't blame you.

Top Bottom