• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I agree that Royal_Flush would be a better option TODAY, especially on the off chance that there was only one Despair left, and I feel that the killer of Corn Burrito was on the top floor. As for why Flush over swamped, Swamped to me has felt more consistent over the course of the game as opposed to flush. Granted this may be due to the fact that Flush sibbed in for ViviOggi, but I never felt comfortable around him either, especially on day 3.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Quack quack:
Time remaining in Day Phase 7:

t1442358000z4.png

Ty4on

As I've said in my earlier novel, I recommend Flush over Rest for our daily scalping.

I agree.

Vote: Royal_Flush

Pro Rest: Day 1 was a mess and one of the likely lynch targets was Rest. Despite this CzarTim's final vote was for him and while he only had one vote at the time he gained three just after Czar's vote and was second in total votes.
*Splinter's last post before Kalor got outed:
Ty4on and Flush still on wasted votes.

Anyone else not voted yet? I completely missed Makai last time I checked
Then *Splinter got silent, probably because this was so bad for him and he couldn't make a single mistake. Look at Rest though, he his active as it went on. It also makes total sense for Rest to be active at this time. If you search for his posts you'll see that he is at his most active 2-4 hours before the deadline.
Rest also hasn't played like someone acting that they were Hope.

Contra Vivioggi: Before Royal we had Vivi playing. If you look back at D1 CzarTim and *Splinter never really attack him despite a lot of people thinking he is looking like Despair. Then on D3 when everybody is discussing the ninja theory Terrabyte posts #2385 where he lies out why he thinks Vivioggi is the ninja and our two confirmed Despair players kinda ignore it why Vivi responds with one of his sudden megaposts.
Vivioggi ends D3 with a vote on Zippedpinhead. *Splinter ended with a vote on Sawneeks.

Contra Royal_Flush: This one is grasping, but look at the discussion after #4301. Royal and *Splinter are both active, but they barely ever talk to each other. It is a little odd though if even *Splinter is bussing himself, why would Royal stick out as a sore thumb with the only vote against me?

Terrabyte20xx

I would like to point out that we are currently at 4-5 Rest. If anyone who has not voted for rest or Royal_Flush would like to switch to it, do so now while we have time to weigh options about avoiding a tie.

By the time we have one hour left, I will look at the votes and will switch to ensure a majority. By 30 min left, I would kindly like to ask everyone to refrain from posting any votes of any kind to ensure that when I switch and make a plurality, it will stay there. This is all assuming we don't come to a majority before then.

Rest

I would like to point out that we are currently at 4-5 Rest. If anyone who has not voted for rest or Royal_Flush would like to switch to it, do so now while we have time to weigh options about avoiding a tie.

By the time we have one hour left, I will look at the votes and will switch to ensure a majority. By 30 min left, I would kindly like to ask everyone to refrain from posting any votes of any kind to ensure that when I switch and make a plurality, it will stay there. This is all assuming we don't come to a majority before then.
It's 5-5.

Rest

Oh, look at me confirming vote numbers again. HOW SCUMMY.

Quack quack:
This meme is getting out of hand :D
Yeah, sorry man. :(

I don't feel totally comfortable using the actions of Vivi to pin you because you can't answer why they did those actions but it's the best lead I have right now.
Let's see if the NK gives us (or maybe just you guys) something to work with.

[ViviOggi talk]

Contra Royal_Flush: This one is grasping, but look at the discussion after #4301. Royal and *Splinter are both active, but they barely ever talk to each other. It is a little odd though if even *Splinter is bussing himself, why would Royal stick out as a sore thumb with the only vote against me?

*Splinter was talking about the evil lover thing the first half of the page. I addressed it in 4304 and didn't see a reason to comment on it more. As he leaves that point (further down the page) I start commenting on his posts again

What do you think about Rest?

The sorry was more for "I got us in hammer range"

Yesterday I had him as my top Despair candidate. I don't think however that he did the last NK. That moved him slightly below Swamped. His Despair number-crunch also made me think on whom of the "confirmed" player I don't exactly trust.

Again, I understand everyone who votes for me today, I follow the same logic on Swamped.

Makai

A question for either Terrabyte or Kingkitty since I trust their judgments:

Does the order of lynching matter? Is there any reason lynching Flush would give us a better read on Rest than lynching Rest would give us a better read on Flush? Gosh's choices are basically hammering Rest or tying us up. Flush probably feels a lot of relief right now and I don't like it. I'm as convinced as the next guy that Rest is Despair, but I'm willing to switch my vote if one of you guys can prove that lynching Flush first is the right call even if I think Rest is Despair.

kingkitty

Does the order of lynching matter? Is there any reason lynching Flush would give us a better read on Rest than lynching Rest would give us a better read on Flush? Gosh's choices are basically hammering Rest or tying us up. Flush probably feels a lot of relief right now and I don't like it. I'm as convinced as the next guy that Rest is Despair, but I'm willing to switch my vote if one of you guys can prove that lynching Flush first is the right call even if I think Rest is Despair.

If Flush flips despair, it would cause me to put Rest on the back burner and consider someone else on the suspect list. Not that I would "clear" Rest as hope, but that I would pick Swamped (or someone else...but I'll have to think a bit more about this) as the next person to be viciously melted.

And if she (or whoever) flips hope, then I'd go back to the Rest question. Czar/splinter/flush (if he is despair) have shown enough bits of friction against Rest, that I'd consider someone else for tomorrow. Obviously we shouldn't disregard the possibility that despair have been pooping on their own since Day 1 in order to gain townie trust. But for now, I'm not vibing to Rest's death. This probably won't be enough to persuade you, which is fine, it's just my thought process. Hopefully we'll learn something interesting from either of their deaths.

Sawneeks

Banned
It looks like I won't be here for the end of today so, just in case I don't make it through the Night, I want to at least have my thoughts down.

I will be keeping my vote on Royal for reasons I have stated multiple times because I truly do believe he is the Despair that killed Corn. Going by the map alone he falls under the 'Despair kill their neighbors' line that many people have placed upon Swamped because of his position directly across from Corn. Killing Corn, his direct opposite, would have lead to a very minimal chance of him being spotted and discovered, making last Night's kill very easy as well as riding Town of a very active player. I also point to King's evidence once more because I believe it is a strong piece as to why I think Royal is Despair.

I do want to reiterate again that it is entirely possible that only one of the current top two 'possible Despair players' is actually scum. In fact I would put it at 90% likely. Rest/Royal have been against each other for quite some time and are generally on the opposite ends of things, something Splinter/CzarTim actively avoided doing so it would lead to less conflict between them. Basically, if Rest flips Hope it means Royal is probably our Despair. Or, alternatively, if Rest flips Despair then Royal is Hope.

However, if Rest ends up flipping Hope I would strongly consider looking at Makai for his behavior today. I don't have time to give a full explanation as to why but I feel most of his actions today are especially scummy if Rest ends up being Hope.

And with that I have to take my leave, hopefully everything won't end in a last-minute scramble like last time. Despite whatever happens today I still do believe we can nab a Hope victory for this game!

I am seriously considering switching my vote to royal_flush. King kitty makes a very good case a few pages back. Upon rereading it makes sense.

I'm torn, I don't like how rest has played today on his defense, it's been very combative (which is good and understandable, you are on the block). However, it's defensive while still holding back, this just rubs me the wrong way and, to use another phrase, my gut says he is despair.

So I am considering voting royal flush, but I guess it all depends on goshu.

Rest

Royal_Flush, there's something I don't understand. When evidence was building against *Splinter, you made this vote:

Vote: Ty4on

*Splinter, did you see anyone else in the facilities?

You didn't vote for *Splinter when it was nearly certain that he was Despair, and you voted for Ty4on with no explanation. This was your only vote that day. It stood until the end of the day.

Why would a member of Hope make that vote? Why would they leave it the entire day?

Makai

I am seriously considering switching my vote to royal_flush. King kitty makes a very good case a few pages back. Upon rereading it makes sense.

I'm torn, I don't like how rest has played today on his defense, it's been very combative (which is good and understandable, you are on the block). However, it's defensive while still holding back, this just rubs me the wrong way and, to use another phrase, my gut says he is despair.

I have a feeling Gosh won't show up. He said he worked a lot.

You didn't vote for *Splinter when it was nearly certain that he was Despair, and you voted for Ty4on with no explanation. This was your only vote that day. It stood until the end of the day.

Why would a member of Hope make that vote? Why would they leave it the entire day?

It was based on the misunderstanding between *Splinter and Sawneeks. I couldn't imagine *Splinter willingly provoked Sawneeks slipping. Therefore I thought (think) he really had part of her movement history and therefore was telling the truth. That left only Ty4on as the Mimic. Only later on I thought of the possibility that the room watcher could be a Despair PR. At that point my vote didn't matter anymore and only would have brought us closer to a hammer.

Terrabyte20xx

Honestly, it goes back to Corn dieing last night. Flush has a logical motive to kill Corn last night, Rest has a logical reason not to. It really boils down to wanting to believe that we only need to kill one more and that killing Corn was a matter of nessessity rather than a coin flip.

Honestly, in my opinion, killing one won't change perception of the other. My thought process is really more of it being probabilities. Flush is more likely to be scum than Rest is at this moment in time. And I really want to Lynch scum.

I'm switching my vote,

vote:royal_flush

I going to vote with terrabyte, AB cleared us both, with goshujinsama not voting for one of the two people this feels safer to me.

I do find it interesting that each "couple" (pau and Ty4on & makai and King kitty) has split their vote between the two nominees. Discounting rest and royal's votes for each other it was terrabyte and sawneeks vs christina mackenzie and myself.

Zippedpinhead, what are you depending on me for, specifically? I apologize if I have not been clear but I will not be changing my vote for the day. Of all the potential candidates, I only have solid conviction on Swamped as Despair, and my primary interest as Hope is to hunt for Despairs so I have to stay true to my faith in the matter.

Makai

Zippedpinhead, what are you depending on me for, specifically? I apologize if I have not been clear but I will not be changing my vote for the day. Of all the potential candidates, I only have solid conviction on Swamped as Despair, and my primary interest as Hope is to hunt for Despairs so I have to stay true to my faith in the matter.
You are throwing away your vote. Literally everyone else is voting Flush or Rest and you can tip the balance. Make a decision.

Rest

You are throwing away your vote. Literally everyone else is voting Flush or Rest and you can tip the balance. Make a decision.
I agree with this. We don't have 20 people any more, outlier votes are now important.
You made your case against Swamped, and as far as I can tell you have support from a lot of people. You don't need to vote for her today.

You were scott free even if Gosh voted for you. Save yourself.

I have responded to every accusation that was based on an action I performed (as opposed to "*Splinter performed" or "ViviOggi performed"). I have roleclaimed. What should I do in your opinion? Lie to you by claiming Invisible Roleblocker or something similar absurd? Trying to convince you that Swamped is the right lynch target even tough my main motivation (movement mechanics) can be used in the same way against me? When it's goshu's post against kingkitty's post? I can re-tell that post of goshu, but why should I? I guess (or at least hope) everyone voting has made an informed decision which view he or she believes.

I have nothing new on Rest. His uncooperative behaviour ("I might have info or I might not, but I won't share") already has been discussed as well as his voting patterns. I still don't think he killed last night. Should I lie about my thoughts?

Is lying in order to safe your own ass (about PR or impression of the other candidate) pro-town or anti-town? What if you have no suspect you are fairly certain are Despair, but a lot of people that are in the 50-70% range?

I agree with this. We don't have 20 people any more, outlier votes are now important.
You made your case against Swamped, and as far as I can tell you have support from a lot of people. You don't need to vote for her today.

If goshu votes for rest, we have a tie. What in the world are you trying to achieve?

I have already made a decision. I believe I have been pretty much on the ball more than not thus far in this game. The Day will reach a conclusion in less than an hour and Hope will have chosen its candidate. I do not believe we are at a tie situation so I am uncertain what you are trying to achieve with this.

If he votes for you we have a majority.

I will not vote for Royal_Flush.

From my short list of candidate he is reading Hope the most, in order of most likely Despair to less likely: Swamped, Christina Mackenzie, Rest, Royal_Flush.

Therefore if I am to change my vote, and if it is between Rest or Royal_Flush, it will be Rest.

Rest

In the off chance that she comes back in the next 25 minutes, I want to ask again:
At this point lynching a PR versus regular Hope doesn't sound like much of a difference.

So I'll put more pressure on Rest.
Vote: Rest
I feel the same way about role claiming as I have the entire game. What else would you like to know about?
The way you phrased it, this seemed like a soft vote, but you haven't made any further mention of it.

Makai

I have already made a decision. I believe I have been pretty much on the ball more than not thus far in this game. The Day will reach a conclusion in less than an hour and Hope will have chosen its candidate. I do not believe we are at a tie situation so I am uncertain what you are trying to achieve with this.
Push for Swamped tomorrow. We need your help right now. If you vote Flush, you hammer him. Terrabyte will switch to Rest if you vote Rest.

Terrabyte20xx

In case anyone is curious why Makai is acting the way he is, I think I get it. Every day we have a huge cluster in the last 30 seconds and he wants to avoid that. The only way to avoid it is to hammer se one, so he just wants to get it over with.

I will not vote for Royal_Flush.

From my short list of candidate he is reading Hope the most, in order of most likely Despair to less likely: Swamped, Christina Mackenzie, Rest, Royal_Flush.

Therefore if I am to change my vote, and if it is between Rest or Royal_Flush, it will be Rest.

Money... Mouth...

vote:rest

Rest

In case anyone is curious why Makai is acting the way he is, I think I get it. Every day we have a huge cluster in the last 30 seconds and he wants to avoid that. The only way to avoid it is to hammer se one, so he just wants to get it over with.
Things look pretty settled right now.

Rest

Oh of course.
Fine. I'm a lookout. I see who walks past my door, and the direction they go.

Top Bottom