• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

rac

Banned
i was actually reading the vote as frustrated town

if you didn't come back with the aggression i would've moved on

Also, last thing regarding stuff from D2 I wanted to adress:

??

Do you see me using the Day 1 votes against either of you right now? I'm Scum reading you both for separate reasons entirely.

This is disingenious.

Starting with Trigger's vote on Stan at #473

Vote count is: CornBro ( 2 ) v. Trigger ( 2 ) v. Fireblend ( 2 ) v. Stan ( 2)

Sawneeks votes Burb

Muffin votes Nin

Nin Votes Burb

Fire votes Nin

With 16 minutes left as of Squidy's post, Votes are now: Nin ( 3 ) v. Burbeting ( 2 ) v. CornBro ( 2 ) v. Trigger ( 2 ) v. Fireblend ( 2 )

Vere votes Fire

Muffin votes Fire

Day End. Fire ( 4 ) v CornBro ( 2 ) v. Trigger ( 2 ) v Nin ( 2 ) Burb ( 2 )

Only things that stick out to me is the sudden Nin surge last minute that's gets thrown up by Muffin only for him to switch off it last-minute with bandwagoning logic as he follows Monkey's read of Kits and Vere's Fire vote which read kinda opportunistic to me. Knowing Burb and Fire ended up being Town though means this only really makes sense if Muffin or Vere were trying to save Nin so if he ends up being Scum I'd probably look at either of them.

However, in the complete opposite direction it's entirely possible the End of Day candidates were all Town or Neutral, meaning Scum could have just sat on the sidelines and parked their votes elsewhere without really having to worry too much. This includes our two no votes, Rac and Isaac, and everyone who sat on people with only 1 vote: Oreo, Trigger, and CornBro. There's almost no reason to ever No Vote as Town since it's our main weapon at finding Scum so I don't understand why you wouldn't on a Day where it was discussed as to how important it was. Parking a vote off on someone who isn't even in the running kinda falls into the same thing since it's a vote that is, essentially, doing absolutely nothing. Trigger was on Stan who had some votes for a while before dropping off last minute so I'm not too worried there, but CornBro's and Oreo's votes are the ones that sit poorly with me. Oreo's was an OMGUS that just didn't go anywhere and CornBro suddenly got really concerned over low count posters and just parked it on Rac without doing much about it either.

so, tl;dr, I'd be a little more concerned about Vere/Muffin if Nin flips Scum and the gaggle of voters with votes that did nothing ( Rac, Isaac, CornBro, Oreo ) really need to step it up since I doubt all 3 Scum and the 1 Neutral are right there.

So here's your breakdown of votes that links me and Vere, that you're supposedly not "using against me".

4. [m] Muffin1611 - So I noted already about the vote and I still stand by the fact that if Nin is Scum, Vere/Muffin are ones to look at for potentially trying to save him. HOWEVER, sans that vote, Muffin has just been really, really reserved so far. He's simply reacting more to things than being proactive about them and it strikes me as someone more willing to sit on the sidelines than solve the game. My vote is there now and I'd be willing to lynch him today.

6. [m] verelios - Here, posting, contributing....also defensive and shade throw-y, seems to like to attack whoever says anything scummy about him. Same thing what I said about Muffin applies here as well in regards to the Day 1 vote. I've got conflicting feelings here, I swap back and forth between Light Scum and Light Town a lot depending on the post. Wouldn't be against a lynch but it wouldn't be who I'd go after today.

More of you connecting us both together for a mislynch. And your scum reads are pretty much only because of the vote. So much for "my reasons to scumread you two are seperate entirely". The sole difference you say about us is that I supposedly sit on the sidelines while Vere throws shade on people. Doesn't seem like a strong difference to me.

tbh this is why I haven't jumped over yet despite really not trusting Oreo right now. I don't like that both Muffin AND Vere are there, but at the same time I don't think anyone is biting on a Muffin lynch today.

And here's you later agreeing that a lynch me and Vere are on can only be bad, because you linked us both, even if you pretend otherwise.

Now, all this alone wouldn't make me really suspicious.

What makes this weird for me is that both monkey and Trigger seem to buy into it. From what I've seen of monkey so far, (partly LB2) I would expect her to give serious side-eye to somebody making such a connection without much behind it, that early in the game. But instead:

I think you raise a good point, LoC, because it's true the arsonist can't be NKed, and that does ruin the number scenarios.

But it puts us back at shooting into the dark. Trigger, why Vere and Muffin but not Nin?

A relatively neutral question, and... not much else. Not much came from monkey about this supposed connection until it got to the end of the day and the votes where she suddenly used it to argue against one lynch option.

Trigger meanwhile just goes with it from the start:

I think it's a good lead. I'd be willing to look more at a Vere or Muffin lynch. Scum can't communicate, so I don't think that all of them ate votes for Firevlend.

And reasons for it with:

It's the timing of their votes. I imagine scum is spread out amongst the votes, and I'm just mulling the idea that one of the later votes is scum trying to bandwagon.

Which is...not the strongest argument. I agree that scum probably spread out their votes, but: Two of the scum team on the same person? Aren't you contradicting yourself here? I mean, you're arguing that there's a connection between me and Verelios. We were both on Fireblend. If we were scum, that means we weren't spread out at all.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to write this down since day end. It's a pattern I've been seeing and it seems a bit...manufactured to me.

i was actually reading the vote as frustrated town

if you didn't come back with the aggression i would've moved on

I'm deeply frustrated, yes.

Vere:

Here's what's easy. What's really easy. Picking apart the most vocal person, because they are the most vocal. And it happens so often in games when there's nothing else going on. And no, I'm not saying anyone who says anything against me is scum, but you're awfully determined to read into stuff I'm saying today. What I am saying is that it's not in anyone's best interest to come after me today. How would it be? Honestly? Do you legit think I'm scum? In this game, what possible reason would I have to work this hard if I was scum?

I have voted for people I've felt were scum. Yes, I thought CornBro was scummy. Yes, I think Vere is scummy. I posted on both. I think oreo could be, but I'm not convinced. See also Muffin, Sawneeks, and LoC (though I guess he wasn't unless that happened to be an arsonist kill). But my suspicion on Saw and LoC? Honestly, probably the same root that's making people come at me now. There's nothing else so you go for the people talking.

We don't know the alignment of the people who've died so far but from flavor I'm guessing CB was town. I'm pretty frustrated if we've managed to only lynch town so far and on such lackluster votes. I don't want to lead the charge. I've led both. I want other people in there, talking, debating, throwing out ideas. I don't particularly agree with Muffin's but hell, at least he's doing something.

And no, I haven't read Pokemon mafia. I haven't read a lot of the old games yet.

Bloody hell, what's up with the end of day votes.

Here's where we stand. Town is clueless and needs direction so I'm willing to make a 1 to 1 trade. Just the tonic this game requires. I'm Sirris of the Sunless Realms and StanleyPalmtree is not aligned with town.

Lynch StanleyPalmtree, whose name does not have a capital 'T'.

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

Sawneeks

Banned
no i was just wondering why vere and not Oreo

that'd be a hell of a slip though

so why did you ask monkey that anyway?

I'm not trying to solve the game, right.

I found something suspicious, prodded more to see if my suspicions could be dispelled by the answer, which didn't happen, and laid out my case why it's suspicious.

And it gets ignored -> You're not solving

Right.

Are you talking your posts beginning here and going for a few pages later? Because you started solving and going after someone AFTER I called you out on it, before that you were perfectly fine with sitting back and watching everything go on around you. Just because you changed your behavior when you got thrust into the spotlight doesn't suddenly make everything else go away.

I'm gonna go eat dinner. I'll let y'all's lowkey accusations pile up until then and I'll answer when I get back. But I want to point out that it's in scum's best interests for folks to come after me. It's not in town's. Silence the people trying to move the conversation. We already talked about this as a scum strategy to make this game even more unwinnable for town. If y'all are town and buying into that... welp.

why

this is such WIFOM-y BS

Sawneeks

Banned

Here's where we stand. Town is clueless and needs direction so I'm willing to make a 1 to 1 trade. Just the tonic this game requires. I'm Sirris of the Sunless Realms and StanleyPalmtree is not aligned with town.

And thaaaaat escalated quickly.

^^^

Am fine with turboing Stan once everybody checks in and we have no counterclaims going on.

Also going to echo FEP, who did you check Night 1?

Are you talking your posts beginning here and going for a few pages later? Because you started solving and going after someone AFTER I called you out on it, before that you were perfectly fine with sitting back and watching everything go on around you. Just because you changed your behavior when you got thrust into the spotlight doesn't suddenly make everything else go away.

About not following up on oreo, you're right, I should have done that. As you noticed I only made one quick post to CB about his vote reasoning when I popped in for a second. I wasn't really able to look over posts again timewise to give informed opinions. And as much as my answer to Trigger seems like an old tactic or something, it was a genuine concern to me.

I wasn't really able to look over posts again timewise to give informed opinions.

I said why, I wasn't "perfectly fine with sitting back". I either didn't have time or was too worn out those first two days of D2 and only asked CB something quick when he gave a vote.

Also, last thing regarding stuff from D2 I wanted to adress:

This is disingenious.
How? Make your case. Explain.

More of you connecting us both together for a mislynch. And your scum reads are pretty much only because of the vote. So much for "my reasons to scumread you two are seperate entirely". The sole difference you say about us is that I supposedly sit on the sidelines while Vere throws shade on people. Doesn't seem like a strong difference to me.
???
they are literally different behaviors. (I don't agree with Sawneeks' assessment of you btw, but I am trying to show you why I'm not just falling in when you post).

What makes this weird for me is that both monkey and Trigger seem to buy into it. From what I've seen of monkey so far, (partly LB2) I would expect her to give serious side-eye to somebody making such a connection without much behind it, that early in the game. But instead:
Now this is you reading into things. I can't speak for anyone else. But you're making assumptions here about me and my play based on... one past game? Rather than based on what I'm saying, which was absolutely based in the timing of d1 votes. Which I said. Tunneling on oreo over what seems like a small thing to me isn't much to shake off my suspicion, but doesn't really grow it, either. But it means I'm less inclined to agree or disagree and more inclined to just watch.

A relatively neutral question, and... not much else. Not much came from monkey about this supposed connection until it got to the end of the day and the votes where she suddenly used it to argue against one lynch option.
Again, I'm not really sure what you're arguing here. That I was not on board with you? It's not that I voted against your oreo vote but that I I didn't want to vote for it. I will address that in a moment.

Which is...not the strongest argument. I agree that scum probably spread out their votes, but: Two of the scum team on the same person? Aren't you contradicting yourself here? I mean, you're arguing that there's a connection between me and Verelios. We were both on Fireblend. If we were scum, that means we weren't spread out at all.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to write this down since day end. It's a pattern I've been seeing and it seems a bit...manufactured to me.
This, finally, makes more sense - but at the same time, when people aren't doing much, it's not particularly meaningful for me. Just something to note and again, to see how things develop.

So I'm guessing that the real issue is that people don't like that I switched from CB to Vere and then back to CB. They were the two I felt most strongly about. I switched the vote initially to prevent a tie; some others had said they might be into a Vere vote so I went there in case. But LoC then voted CB so I switched back, because that also prevented a tie. I'm struggling with why this seems to be suspicious. I had two interests: no die, and a vote on someone I felt was scummy. There wasn't some secret hidden agenda.

unvote
I do think rac's remark read as a slip but if the vote will be a distraction I won't sit on it.

???
they are literally different behaviors. (I don't agree with Sawneeks' assessment of you btw, but I am trying to show you why I'm not just falling in when you post).

Yes they are, but "not being proactive" and "throwing shade" are reads that I don't buy led to Saws vote at the end. They're just there. "Not being proactive" is something applying to many, and I'm sure shade got thrown around here and there as well by others than Verelios. What I was trying to say was, that the D1 vote looks like the sole actually justifying factor in those two scumreads.

*Goddamnit, Saws connection of us both, not vote

Which is why I said it's disingenious. I don't believe that Saw was scumreading both of us for different reasons. If she really did, she didn't post her actual reasons at least or she put that much stock into those two general behaviour parts, which seems weird to me.

Sawneeks

Banned
This is disingenious.

Your face is disingenuous. :u

And I'm not using those against you, if I was I'd be saying 'I'm voting for you two because I think you're Day 1 votes are Scummy and that Nin is also Scum. VOTE'. Do you see me doing that? I even clarified that I was scum reading you both for different reasons other than just the vote.

So here's your breakdown of votes that links me and Vere, that you're supposedly not "using against me".

"HOWEVER, sans that vote, Muffin has just been really, really reserved so far. He's simply reacting more to things than being proactive about them and it strikes me as someone more willing to sit on the sidelines than solve the game" that doesn't read like ONLY because of your vote. If it was only the vote I would have said as much, stop nitpicking my words to fit your narrative.

And the connection between you two is only the vote, I have separate reasons entirely for not feeling great about either of you outside of that and I said as much. If you're so against being connected to Vere right now just forget I said anything. :x

And here's you later agreeing that a lynch me and Vere are on can only be bad, because you linked us both, even if you pretend otherwise.

Now, all this alone wouldn't make me really suspicious.

Cut some of this out to save space.

While we are fairly disagreeing on everything here, I actually do agree with you on Trigger there. If he agrees with me that the votes could be suspect I don't see why he doesn't push for Nin first since that's the only thing that makes the votes weird. Instead he trails back over to you two first and I don't really know why.

I said why, I wasn't "perfectly fine with sitting back". I either didn't have time or was too worn out those first two days of D2 and only asked CB something quick when he gave a vote.

And I won't argue that, real-life reasons are real-life reasons, but you can see where I'm coming from here, yeah? The little you did post just reads as disinterested in the proceedings and doesn't show you trying to solve the game itself. I'm not arguing that you should have posted more whether you were able to or not but considering that's all I have to work with on your early game that's the conclusions I've drawn from it.

Sawneeks

Banned
Yes they are, but "not being proactive" and "throwing shade" are reads that I don't buy led to Saws vote at the end. They're just there. "Not being proactive" is something applying to many, and I'm sure shade got thrown around here and there as well by others than Verelios. What I was trying to say was, that the D1 vote looks like the sole actually justifying factor in those two scumreads.

*Goddamnit, Saws connection of us both, not vote

Which is why I said it's disingenious. I don't believe that Saw was scumreading both of us for different reasons. If she really did, she didn't post her actual reasons at least or she put that much stock into those two general behaviour parts, which seems weird to me.

I'm not sure what isn't coming across here.

Yes, I think one or both of you could be Scum if Nin flips Scum for the Day 1 votes.

Yes, I also think both of you have done scummy things this game and I've voiced these thoughts already. These have nothing to do with the Day 1 votes and are observations I've made outside of it.

So, I see 2 people whom I don't particularly trust suddenly hop on to somebody else I don't trust - what do you think is going through my head at that point? 'boy that must make Vere/Muffin Town?' No, that makes me go 'oh god maybe I'm wrong' and hesitate to lynch Oreo since two people I suddenly scum lean on just jumped over to him.

Did CM really just come in, drop that bomb, and leave?

Pretty sure CM is in a Non-US timezone so it's likely super early/super late wherever he is.

Sawneeks

Banned
because i was curious

curious about what? monkey's reaction? the flip we didn't get?

I'm not sure what isn't coming across here.

Yes, I think one or both of you could be Scum if Nin flips Scum for the Day 1 votes.

Yes, I also think both of you have done scummy things this game and I've voiced these thoughts already. These have nothing to do with the Day 1 votes and are observations I've made outside of it.

So, I see 2 people whom I don't particularly trust suddenly hop on to somebody else I don't trust - what do you think is going through my head at that point? 'boy that must make Vere/Muffin Town?' No, that makes me go 'oh god maybe I'm wrong' and hesitate to lynch Oreo since two people I suddenly scum lean on just jumped over to him.

*since two people I scum lean on suddenly jumped over to him.

Sawneeks

Banned
Anyway, I'm out for a few hours. Spent the last 2 days doing homework I didn't realize was due and my brain is mush.

hopefully by the time I get back we have everybody checked in and can go from there

Verelios

I can get behind this, but you're shooting your load really quickly CM.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

And I'm going to get to you in a minute Monkey, because that response is killing me.

Verelios

*since two people I scum lean on suddenly jumped over to him.
That's a ridiculous argument Saw and doesn't​ help you any. You've previously said that both scum leans are predicated on nin's flip so turning it around and using it as a barometer for who you can and want to vote is nothing more than a weak justification. What exactly is your agenda here, other than having a convenient excuse to third party pick.

bring it on, I'm drinking fine beers and plan to drink more fine beers, so this could get wacky.

We're down four? so majority is what, eight? seven? I am hesitant to vote until CM gets back regardless but I wanna keep an eye.

squidyj

bring it on, I'm drinking fine beers and plan to drink more fine beers, so this could get wacky.

We're down four? so majority is what, eight? seven? I am hesitant to vote until CM gets back regardless but I wanna keep an eye.

Oh I'm sorry did I forget to mention there was a fine beer tax for playing in this game?

rac

Banned

well if you want to stop a tie why not just vote oreo

i mean voting vere there essentially does the same thing anyways and if you switch over to oreo instead you completely stop a single person from tying the vote

Sawneeks

Banned
That's a ridiculous argument Saw and doesn't​ help you any. You've previously said that both scum leans are predicated on nin's flip so turning it around and using it as a barometer for who you can and want to vote is nothing more than a weak justification. What exactly is your agenda here, other than having a convenient excuse to third party pick.

YES, THAT WAS FOR THE VOTE AND BEFORE I SCUM READ YOU BOTH FOR OTHER REASONS NOT RELATED TO SAID VOTE

jesus christ forget i ever said anything about votes

Sawneeks

Banned

i mean voting vere there essentially does the same thing anyways and if you switch over to oreo instead you completely stop a single person from tying the vote

What? No, I'm talking about what you said at Day Start:

why we got a scum, right?

we have no idea what Corn flipped so why are you assuming he's Scum?

Oh I'm sorry did I forget to mention there was a fine beer tax for playing in this game?
I will pay in post count.

Why would I jump into a vote I didn't support? Why would I JUST vote to lynch anyone, anyone at all? Regardless of who else was on that vote.

YES, THAT WAS FOR THE VOTE AND BEFORE I SCUM READ YOU BOTH FOR OTHER REASONS NOT RELATED TO SAID VOTE

EMBRACE YOUR RAAAAAGE

What? No, I'm talking about what you said at Day Start:

we have no idea what Corn flipped so why are you assuming he's Scum?

^^^^to the power of answer the damn question

Verelios

I'm deeply frustrated, yes.

Vere:

Here's what's easy. What's really easy. Picking apart the most vocal person, because they are the most vocal. And it happens so often in games when there's nothing else going on. And no, I'm not saying anyone who says anything against me is scum, but you're awfully determined to read into stuff I'm saying today. What I am saying is that it's not in anyone's best interest to come after me today. How would it be? Honestly? Do you legit think I'm scum? In this game, what possible reason would I have to work this hard if I was scum?
No, that's not the most easy. Don't start playing the victim Monkey, you of all people should know that a person who's​ vocal at least has a foundation of some Town's belief and opportunity to argue back to whatever is said about them. A so called easy lynch is someone who has been inactive, someone who has made mostly fluff posts, someone who has been distracted, someone who makes mistakes that scum love to capitalize on for town cred. Those are the easy lynches. Someone who fights back is not because they can unravel scum, come on, I know you understand this.

I have voted for people I've felt were scum. Yes, I thought CornBro was scummy. Yes, I think Vere is scummy. I posted on both. I think oreo could be, but I'm not convinced. See also Muffin, Sawneeks, and LoC (though I guess he wasn't unless that happened to be an arsonist kill). But my suspicion on Saw and LoC? Honestly, probably the same root that's making people come at me now. There's nothing else so you go for the people talking.
So...in other words you're convinced CB and me are scum? You've already made your mind up and have enlightened yourself to our alignment-- okay, disregarding me, what did CB do that was so telling to put him apart from Oreo? You tell me that.

We don't know the alignment of the people who've died so far but from flavor I'm guessing CB was town. I'm pretty frustrated if we've managed to only lynch town so far and on such lackluster votes. I don't want to lead the charge. I've led both. I want other people in there, talking, debating, throwing out ideas. I don't particularly agree with Muffin's but hell, at least he's doing something.
Already pre-empting the alignment numbers huh. You don't want to lead the charge? Then you shouldn't have muddied the waters yesterday. Yes, by unvoting corn and then voting him again, that's what I call manipulating the vote. Correct me if I'm wrong (and you will try).

And no, I haven't read Pokemon mafia. I haven't read a lot of the old games yet.
Oh, okay, then just to refresh you, three of our wonderful town leaders, couldn't be more pristine if you mixed them with Ajax, turned out to be scum. And we allowed it because of thoughts like yours where we'd rather lynch anyone who isn't productive than look at who is.

Verelios

No, this sounds wacky. I feel like you're trying to fit logical reasoning into an illogical hole, and coming up with reasons for WHY we could be scum rather than why you think we are. And it all started from that vote. You seem a little agitated about it too.

Your face is disingenuous. :u

:'(

Cut some of this out to save space.

While we are fairly disagreeing on everything here, I actually do agree with you on Trigger there. If he agrees with me that the votes could be suspect I don't see why he doesn't push for Nin first since that's the only thing that makes the votes weird. Instead he trails back over to you two first and I don't really know why.

This is rather interesting. As I said, if you were alone in that situation I wouldn't have thought much about it. So it begs the question who made it particularly suspicious for me.

I very much doubt that if my description of the situation is vaguely correct that there's more than one scum involved. And as monkey answered to her involvement already, I see that she wasn't really on board with that train of thought and to be honest, Trigger seems more like he was. A bit to easily.

I also still wanna know why he didn't vote.

squidyj

I will pay in post count.

Why would I jump into a vote I didn't support? Why would I JUST vote to lynch anyone, anyone at all? Regardless of who else was on that vote.

EMBRACE YOUR RAAAAAGE

^^^^to the power of answer the damn question

I called it a tax for a reason. the primary goal is the redistribution of fine beers. to me. All must pay.

I called it a tax for a reason. the primary goal is the redistribution of fine beers. to me. All must pay.

Answer FEP's question and I will share my SweetWater Triple Tail passionfruit IPA.

I will not because I can't ship liquor in Indiana because dumbassery.

Verelios

i would like to say i disagree, but i dont think anyone is really just going to take my word for it huh?
Lol, Stan my man this is a game where roles are known beforehand. Only someone that hasn't been paying attention would think CM would say that if it wasn't true, especially when being counterclaimed is so easy.

No, that's not the most easy. Don't start playing the victim Monkey, you of all people should know that a person who's​ vocal at least has a foundation of some Town's belief and opportunity to argue back to whatever is said about them. A so called easy lynch is someone who has been inactive, someone who has made mostly fluff posts, someone who has been distracted, someone who makes mistakes that scum love to capitalize on for town cred. Those are the easy lynches. Someone who fights back is not because they can unravel scum, come on, I know you understand this.

So...in other words you're convinced CB and me are scum? You've already made your mind up and have enlightened yourself to our alignment-- okay, disregarding me, what did CB do that was so telling to put him apart from Oreo? You tell me that.

Already pre-empting the alignment numbers huh. You don't want to lead the charge? Then you shouldn't have muddied the waters yesterday. Yes, by unvoting corn and then voting him again, that's what I call manipulating the vote. Correct me if I'm wrong (and you will try).

Oh, okay, then just to refresh you, three of our wonderful town leaders, couldn't be more pristine if you mixed them with Ajax, turned out to be scum. And we allowed it because of thoughts like yours where we'd rather lynch anyone who isn't productive than look at who is.

All righty, Vere--

I'm gonna do this out of order because I'm a goddamned rebel. Convinced? No, I'm not convinced anyone is scum. Do I have a list? Yes. Is it ordered? Yes. Does it get a little manky after the first few? Sure, because there's a lot of null happening in this game. It was my feeling that CornBro was damaging to the game. Either he was just messing up on accident due to not reading the thread - which spreads misinformation and can lead people down the wrong path or distract from discussions with any real content - or it was calculated to do the same. I personally had a hard time believing the consistent errors were the former; it seemed to me more like the latter, but it's easy to play off. Ooops. Ooops. I fucked up. My bad. What did he do that was so different from Oreo? Well, Oreo is at least trying something. Is it pretty much just mechanics-focused? Yep. Did it create some back and forth that gives us conversations to evaluate? Well, obviously, or we probably wouldn't be having this lil exchange, would we, my dude? We would not.

So, in that case, we just differ in how we weigh our suspicions. I'm not sure why this is so flabbergasting to you. Do you really expect me to see and weigh everything the same as you? I'm pretty sure you don't. But you're fishing for something. You want me to say CB was an easy lynch because he was a low poster? Okay. Take your point and celebrate. But if we don't go after easy targets, all we're gonna do is argue over and lynch the same five people until it's game over.

I dunno what you want me to say about switching votes. I wasn't going to vote for oreo yesterday. I had no reason to vote for oreo. What's more, you didn't give me any reason to vote for oreo. Let's revisit, huh?

This post was responding to some of oreo's:
Some mechanics thoughts and more math on the game. Appreciated, weirdly scarce of anything else, but appreciate the math

Push for No lynch turbo, adequate reason that we wouldn't get anything done regardless if it's a no lynch day but doesn't seem very interested in doing much else but math in the first place.

...I legit believe he made his list piggybacking off of the Page's current discussion. Also, no time for post analysis but more than enough time to create a probability line? Ok.

Gut reads, doesn't elaborate on what feelings he has.

I mean, usually when someone is making a guess they're inferring from information they've seen or how they've felt. Oreo doesn't convey any of this, he's doing the bare minimum to make sure he can plop a vote down later on and say 'See, See, I did have suspicions beforehand so my vote is supported'.

Right.

Vote: Oreomunsta

Here you were responding to me asking about suspicions.

Are we playing them monkey games or...? Your response to a question is to Jedi mind force it back to me? Fine, I guess, there are some people I'm uneasy about, such as Oreo and Trigger.

If you had other posts on oreo, I missed them. One of these has some info and analysis. The other just says "I suspect oreo and Trigger, sorta."

Why would I jump on your vote, when I already felt uneasy about you, instead of swinging back and forth between my two suspects to prevent a tie?

Why would I not vote for people I thought was scum instead of voting with someone I thought might be scum based on two posts?

In the absence of convincing arguments from someone I read as town, I'm gonna trust my own reads because I know my own alignment. When I say I don't wanna lead the charge, what I'm saying is I want more people to step up. Because, shit, I can be wrong. I'm wrong a lot. I do better when I have people to talk with, to argue about.

But with the day as it was? There's no universe in which I'm gonna jump on that vote with you guys. The best I might do is switch to you - as I did - and let the vote happen if no one else makes a move. But man, if y'all wanna come at me or anyone else, fine, do it, let's just get some action in this game because it's a bunch of nothing right now. Even if I find these posts annoying, maybe they'll at least be useful to someone else and if that's the case, more power, let's do some more rounds. And whether CM is lying his face off or telling the truth, I'm glad something is at least happening.

rac

Banned

but changing your vote would've got oreo lynched, kinda counterproductive

anyways i would've been fine with this answer

rac

Banned
by the way saw you quoted me last day about what to do with a lynch without a flip

so scum me just forgets about my own post and slips up today?

Verelios

We're talking across each other Monkey and it's probably going to continue with circular logic until one of us gets exhausted. Let me say my conclusions first, I don't believe your assertion that you thought CB was the best lynch possible yesterday, I don't believe you fail to understand what was easy about it and I don't believe you aren't manufacturing a town image of scum hunting on the backs of town members.

This--
I do not trust the votes on oreomunsta, who has been scum before and didn't play this way, and half the people I suspect are all together on that vote.
For example, leads me to believe that you will willingly sabatoge town and go against our best interests, and that's regardless of your or the lynch targets alignment.

We're talking across each other Monkey and it's probably going to continue with circular logic until one of us gets exhausted. Let me say my conclusions first, I don't believe your assertion that you thought CB was the best lynch possible yesterday, I don't believe you fail to understand what was easy about it and I don't believe you aren't manufacturing a town image of scum hunting on the backs of town members.

This--

For example, leads me to believe that you will willingly sabatoge town and go against our best interests, and that's regardless of your or the lynch targets alignment.

Okay, Vere. You think that, then. Because continuing this means I keep explaining my own shit over and over while you manufacture some kinda thing from my posts.

Will I admit we had two shitty lynch options on the table? I will. Will I say we are running on nothing. YEP. Do I think I made the BEST EVER choice last phase? Probably not. But if it came down to my choice vs yours, welp, I went with mine.

It's not insidious. It's just that.

Top Bottom