• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

CM is lying. He's not the cop. I am, which is why I fought so hard to stay alive Day 1 and keep from being a low post/policy lynch. I'm not sure where's he's going with this. I just hope the doctor is alive to protect me tonight. This Gambit is an attempt at outing me.

Trigger, surely the thought must have crossed your mind that the real scum wouldn't possibly even consider such a risky play to claim as the cop? Town is lynching in the dark, why rock the boat? Everything is going their way.

The least you could have done was watch as it unfolds until later in the day, we're not even 24 hours in. It's because of Disney Princess mafia isn't it that you think I'm a loose cannon? Even if I were playing as scum in this game I wouldn't make such a gambit without talking with my team mates.

Trigger

Trigger, why Hey Monkey and Verelios?

Why not Stan?
You two were both voting for each other d1.

We know the top two trains were both town so scum had plenty of time to be doing stupid shit like voting each other.

Monkey is the most responsive and active person here. I wanted to be sure we weren't in a false town leader scenario. I wanted to check if Verelios was a scum afraid of being caught or just a frustrated townie (which he is).

I guess we wait until the last day. It Stan even jokes about being scum, we lynch him. If he will confirm that he's been hypnotized and never claims scum, we'll at least have CM and Stan both as confirmed town for a day while Trigger eats a NK.

Trigger

Trigger, surely the thought must have crossed your mind that the real scum wouldn't possibly even consider such a risky play to claim as the cop? Town is lynching in the dark, why rock the boat? Everything is going their way.

The least you could have done was watch as it unfolds until later in the day, we're not even 24 hours in. It's because of Disney Princess mafia isn't it that you think I'm a loose cannon? Even if I were playing as scum in this game I wouldn't make such a gambit without talking with my team mates.

If he's been hypnotized why say anything? Why even claim?

nin1000

Banned
PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

If he's been hypnotized why say anything? Why even claim?

My gambit has turned into a giant mess. Best to clear it up now, the lies I would have to make up to keep it going would be even more ridiculous.

End of Day 1 votes

Fireblend (4) voted out
Lord of Castamere 386
hey_monkey 464
Verelios 523
Muffin1611 528

CornBurrito (2)
Christina Mackenzie 134
flatearthpandas 182 328
flatearthpandas 328

Trigger (2)
Burbeting 296
StanleyPalmtree 440

nin1000 (2)
StanleyPalmtree 185 361
kitsunelaine 418
Muffin1611 483 528
Fireblend 500

Burbeting (2)
Sawneeks 44 130
Sawneeks 481
nin1000 485

I believe these were the closest candidates to getting lynched on Day 1. Fireblend CornBurrito and Burbeting are no longer with us, only CornBurrito's alignment is unknown, I'm thinking town and we'll possible find out tomorrow.

Trigger should be town, that means only nin1000 is left. We could lynch nin1000 and find out 100% depending on results tomorrow that only town was on the chopping block Day 1. Then we should look at players outside that had (1) or no votes on Day 1.

Verelios

So now, best case scenario is you're both telling the truth, scum hits trigger tonight and we lose our cop while having three confirmed town.

Worst case scenario is CM was baiting cop out by claiming, we lose cop tonight and mislynch Stan.

I'm going to believe CM isn't out of this world gambit crazy and trust the first scenario, which leaves us to wait for Stan's compulsion.

My gambit has turned into a giant mess. Best to clear it up now, the lies I would have to make up to keep it going would be even more ridiculous.
How did this gambit play out in your mind? It seems to me like it played out just as anyone would have expected and I have more than half a mind that we should just lynch you today.

...Well something happened while I was gone alright.

So, if everybody is telling the truth, that means CM is hypno, Trigger is Cop and Stan is town.

CM could also be lying about being hypnotist and Stan is playing along. Since scum doesn't have a chat, the fact that CM had to openly say "You were hypnotized" supports that theory. In process they would have smoked out the cop.

But nobody is counterclaiming hypnotist right now, soooooo, eh.

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

StanleyPalmtree (2)
Christina Mackenzie 904
flatearthpandas 906 993
Verelios 924 999
kitsunelaine 968

nin1000 (1)
kitsunelaine 956 968
StanleyPalmtree 972

Christina Mackenzie (1)
Trigger 995

rac (0): hey_monkey 880 912

No active vote for Day 3: flatearthpandas (has previously voted), hey_monkey (has previously voted), isaacnukem, Muffin1611, nin1000, oreomunsta, rac, Sawneeks, Verelios (has previously voted)

Day 3 Postcount: Christina Mackenzie 14, flatearthpandas 17, hey_monkey 31, isaacnukem 0, kitsunelaine 6, Muffin1611 13, nin1000 6, oreomunsta 0, rac 13, Sawneeks 8, StanleyPalmtree 10, Trigger 6, Verelios 15

Day 3 ends:
bla_1505761200.png

Automated vote tally here

7 votes for majority

Stan still needs to be watched until the last day this phase. There's nothing in the role that says he can't lie and then try and sneak in a real answer later. And muffin is right in that they could be taking a huge gambit with the hypnotist play. But then if countered then that is two scum insta-lynched which is still a terrible play.

As of right now, I'm going to wait until we are on the last day of the phase and then vote for CM. I don't think there can possibly be a satisfactory explanation for that claim and I'm not even going to bother to wifom it. Deserves a lynch.

Wow, uh, some things happened after I went to sleep. Vere, my man, um - let's assume we cool, frustrated townie aggro back and forth? Assuming everyone here is giving good info, at least.

Unless you're the godfather. /stare

(I don't think you are/please don't be)

While I'm sorting out how I feel about all this (beyond feeling vindicated for finding CM's claim shady af), I thought I'd post this scenario. If we assume Trigger is telling the truth and CM's is just a townie gambit gone wrong and Stan, who has said he's town twice since, really is, then this is what we've gone:

3. [m] nin1000
4. [m] Muffin1611
5. [m] isaacnukem
6. [m] verelios
7. [f] kitsunelaine
8. [m] Trigger
9. [m] oreomunsta
10. [m] flatearthpandas
11. [m] StanleyPalmtree
13. [m] Christina Mackenzie
14. [f] hey_monkey

15. [f] sawneeks
17. [m] rac

We end up with a whole lot of people semi-confirmed as town, with a doctor still out there, maybe, we hope. So IF everyone is right, we're looking at:

nin
Muffin
isaac
kitsunelaine
oreomunsta
flatearthpandas
sawneeks
rac

as possible scum.

Of these, I would say FEP is my strongest town read.

More in a follow-up.

...Well something happened while I was gone alright.

So, if everybody is telling the truth, that means CM is hypno, Trigger is Cop and Stan is town.

Oh right, and Trigger confirmed monkey and Vere as town. Forgot that.

Although we shouldn't forget that there's a godfather.

CM could also be lying about being hypnotist and Stan is playing along. Since scum doesn't have a chat, the fact that CM had to openly say "You were hypnotized" supports that theory. In process they would have smoked out the cop.

But nobody is counterclaiming hypnotist right now, soooooo, eh.

Stan still needs to be watched until the last day this phase. There's nothing in the role that says he can't lie and then try and sneak in a real answer later. And muffin is right in that they could be taking a huge gambit with the hypnotist play. But then if countered then that is two scum insta-lynched which is still a terrible play.

As of right now, I'm going to wait until we are on the last day of the phase and then vote for CM. I don't think there can possibly be a satisfactory explanation for that claim and I'm not even going to bother to wifom it. Deserves a lynch.

Not discounting either of these positions. I will never understand gambit attempts like this. I want to just lynch over it, too. But I'm more inclined to believe it was a misguided townie move that very unfortunately opens up almost all our PRs in an attempt to make something happen. Maybe it's just my gut. On this one, I will listen carefully to arguments presented because the shitty thing is we may win or lose the game based on what we do here. If we choose wrong, and scum starts mowing down anyone confirmed by this instead of picking those who are unknown to us, we are not in a great place.

rac

Banned
so is the play

test to see if the cop is still alive
get the cop to come out
confirm stanley as town
buss cm?

monkey are you the godfather?

so is the play

get the cop to come out
confirm stanley as town
buss cm?

I'm town. Just a plain Adherent of the Blue.

That's the choice we have to make: gambit gone wrong or a domino-effect attempt to out almost all the PRs? Claim cop/find real cop/OOPS LOL NAH I'm the hypnotist/if real hypnotist is alive, they counterclaim?

That's the choice we have to make: gambit gone wrong or a domino-effect attempt to out almost all the PRs? Claim cop/find real cop/OOPS LOL NAH I'm the hypnotist/if real hypnotist is alive, they counterclaim?

No more counterclaim. And I'm a 'he' not 'they'.

Bloody hell, what's up with the end of day votes.

Here's where we stand. Town is clueless and needs direction so I'm willing to make a 1 to 1 trade. Just the tonic this game requires. I'm Sirris of the Sunless Realms and StanleyPalmtree is not aligned with town.

Lynch StanleyPalmtree, whose name does not have a capital 'T'.

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

Big Hat Logan. There's no reason for me as scum to plant this, shutting down my options.

If Stanley and I are scum, how did we plan out this elaborate hoax without scum chat? I had no interaction with him on Day 1 and was near absent on Day 2 other than voting on him.

Does putting up 2 scum for a cop sound like a fair trade?

No more counterclaim. And I'm a 'he' not 'they'.
My apologies if that was unclear; I wasn't referring to you there, but anyone else (gender identity then unknown) who might claim hypnotist in response. I got you as a he. :)

Big Hat Logan. There's no reason for me as scum to plant this, shutting down my options.

If Stanley and I are scum, how did we plan out this elaborate hoax without scum chat? I had no interaction with him on Day 1 and was near absent on Day 2 other than voting on him.

Does putting up 2 scum for a cop sound like a fair trade?

But hoo boy, the initials thing is a very Blarg move. No one would have noticed it I don't think so it doesn't shut down options in that way.

Does putting up 2 scum in this elaborate hoax for a cop sound like a fair trade?

However you look at it StanleyPalmtree and my fates are tied together. If I'm scum so is StanleyPalmtree.

Verelios

Does putting up 2 scum in this elaborate hoax for a cop sound like a fair trade?

However you look at it StanleyPalmtree and my fates are tied together. If I'm scum so is StanleyPalmtree.
So...what were you trying to get out of Stanley exactly by claiming cop because I'm still confused. What are the specifics of your hypnotism?

I can't wait to see the reactions of the people who haven't been here since this shit blew up.

giphy.gif

If Trigger is lying, it throws suspicion on him, me, and Verelios as a unit, and I have a hard time seeing us all together, or even permutations of pairs. That is so much manufactured outrage in a game that doesn't require it. Why would any of us expend the energy?

Trigger was also much more forthcoming. Regardless of anything else, that strikes as more townie. Vere and I become a separate case then, but I think Trigger is likely to be telling the truth here.

Stan's wild flailing also seems more legit. Not scum "I will deflect this" but more like HOLY SHIT WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING UM LET ME WAIT WHAT NOW - that could be calculated but Stan just started saying all kinds of wild shit so I don't know. It's possible he's scum. I would personally file it as indeterminate with a possible town lean.

Christina Mackenzie? I have no damn idea what he's doing over there or why it would help town or scum. It's also a real bad idea if he's the neutral. I guess if he is the hypnotist, it was one shot anyway. But the fake cop claim kinda ruins the hypnosis because all the doubt that would surround Stan (who did not, I believe, confirm the hypnosis) after a red check. Of COURSE he would yell townie at that point so we can't trust it as hypnosis.

Christina Mackenzie? I have no damn idea what he's doing over there or why it would help town or scum. It's also a real bad idea if he's the neutral. I guess if he is the hypnotist, it was one shot anyway. But the fake cop claim kinda ruins the hypnosis because all the doubt that would surround Stan (who did not, I believe, confirm the hypnosis) after a red check. Of COURSE he would yell townie at that point so we can't trust it as hypnosis.

Neutral isn't even a possibility. If he were neutral, how would he know that Stan was hypnotized? Why should Stan lie about being hypnotized covering for a neutral player?

my best guess is that a scum team that includes CM lost a member since the last update, and hope that having me lynched in a cop check will make everyone think that the upcoming '1 dead anti-town' can only be me, and not whoever we already got.

i would like to say i disagree, but i dont think anyone is really just going to take my word for it huh?

Stan does not look like he has confirmed hypnosis. In fact this is where he would do it if it was going to, I'd expect. It is in fact one way to support a moment of disagreement - it's some evidence or at least argument to support us taking him at his word.

Sawneeks

Banned
Trigger should be town, that means only nin1000 is left. We could lynch nin1000 and find out 100% depending on results tomorrow that only town was on the chopping block Day 1. Then we should look at players outside that had (1) or no votes on Day 1.

Uh, maybe it's because I just woke up but this doesn't explain why you picked Stan as your target or why you lied about being the Cop at all.

so is the play

get the cop to come out
confirm stanley as town
buss cm?

That would be an immensely bold move and I don't see how Scum could plan that without a chat. :x

way of the blue. whatever. bloodborne is better than dark souls, fight me, etc.

monkey you're my new best frie-

DAMMIT NEEKS YOU RUINED MY GIF WITH YOUR GIF

</3

nevermind </3

Sawneeks

Banned
I guess we wait until the last day. It Stan even jokes about being scum, we lynch him. If he will confirm that he's been hypnotized and never claims scum, we'll at least have CM and Stan both as confirmed town for a day while Trigger eats a NK.

I also 100% agree with FEP on this. We have no idea what the stipulations are for Stan having to confirm his alignment from the hypnotism so waiting it out until the deadline seems like the best move here to clear things up.

Sawneeks

Banned
Stan does not look like he has confirmed hypnosis. In fact this is where he would do it if it was going to, I'd expect. It is in fact one way to support a moment of disagreement - it's some evidence or at least argument to support us taking him at his word.

I was also going to bring this up and wanted to ask Stan about it ( though I think he's asleep atm ) but if he was hypnotized why not counterclaim that to CM when he said he had a red check on you? if all parties are telling the truth at the moment I'm not sure why Stan wouldn't have just been clear with that from the beginning.

Looking at the role PM of the hypnotist, it says

The player will be compelled to clearly announce their alignment at least 24 hours before the end of the following day phase.

"Clearly announce". So joking about it would probably be a nogo?

Can you confirm this, squidyj?

I am a Firekeeper

seriously tho, im confused, why do you think hypnotizing me makes it a good idea to fake claim cop, with a red check no less?
i seriously i cant think of a scenario where this plan doesn't turn out terribly.
Wait, does this confirm it?

I bet the spec thread lit af right now.

Are you up for a turbo today?
This bugs me. A turbo would fly against the hypnotism because the target has until the last 24 hours of the phase to claim.

Why wouldn't Trigger counter claim in this scenario when the hypnotist should not set up a scenario in which no one is inclined to believe their target? The only way this fake red check works is if you KNOW Stan is scum and he has to say I AM SCUM. Even then it's awfully convoluted.

rac

Banned
That would be an immensely bold move and I don't see how Scum could plan that without a chat. :x

completely unnecessary too i guess

if the cop stays alive for too long its gonna be problematic though

if the cop is dead and we got scum corn it allows cm to control the conversation for an extra two days

Hey everyone, just checking into the game. Sorry, got pretty ill yesterday and not feeling much better today.

See a lot of stuff has gone on in a single day o_0

Top Bottom