• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARKSIDERS |OT| More like Zelda than God of War

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I haven't bought this yet and believe me I've had the chance. BUT I had no idea this had no graphic options on the PC side. It's def worth the 5 it's been on sale for but that would have upset me too.

heyf00L

Truant said:
Ragequit the PC version after I discovered there are literally NO GRAPHICS OPTIONS besides gamma and resolution.

Fuck this. I'm out.
Well I hope you didn't spend too much money on it then.

Nakiro

I am nearly done with the game, and I have to say I really liked it. Loved just about everything about it. Felt like combat could have been balanced a bit more, some moves would do great damage while others not so much. Which made them useless and never used...

Looking forward to the next game.

Truant

ArjanN said:
Just imagine all the options are set to high and then play the game and have fun.

You know I can't do that. It's my only OCD. My 295GTX can do at least 4xAA and 16xAF, so I have to figure out how to force it.

ArjanN

Truant said:
You know I can't do that. It's my only OCD. My 295GTX can do at least 4xAA and 16xAF, so I have to figure out how to force it.

Yeah, I was afraid you might feel that way. :p

Dahbomb said:
Is there going to be any news about Darksiders 2 at E3? I really hope so.

I'm guessing there might be something, although quite possibly It'll just be some teaser trailer. I think THQ has a bunch of games to show already though.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Where's ZealousD? He did a bang up job of creating this official thread.

I hope he does the same for Darksiders 2.

H

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
hdn said:
Where's ZealousD? He did a bang up job of creating this official thread.

I hope he does the same for Darksiders 2.

H

Oh I'm still around. Depending on how things go I may or may not do the OT for the second game.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
ZealousD said:
Oh I'm still around. Depending on how things go I may or may not do the OT for the second game.

Sounds a bit ominous....well, I don't know how things work around here but this place certainly takes their boards seriously. Great community.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
StayUp said:
Just starting playing it on PC. Is Darksiders 2 getting a PC release? I Hope so.
Danny Bilson was going on about how PC is really important to him these days, so it certainly should be.

derFeef

Guys, stop reminding me to continue playing, my backlog is huuuge. I stopped after where the hub opens and I was in the area with lot's of water. I guess this is when the game really begins to shine?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
derFeef said:
Guys, stop reminding me to continue playing, my backlog is huuuge. I stopped after where the hub opens and I was in the area with lot's of water. I guess this is when the game really begins to shine?
The game shines pretty much the whole way through if you ask me. There is some top-notch dungeon stuffs in the latter half though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
iNvidious01 said:
in that case expect some screenshots
I look forward to it.

DarksidersPC%202011-01-13%2016-56-14-09.jpg

ZealousD

hdn said:
Sounds a bit ominous....

I wasn't trying to be!
KuGsj.gif

I mean Darksiders 2 is at least a year away. Who even knows if I'll have the time to make a bang up OT for it then. Maybe it'll come out around the same time as Starcraft 2. Who knows.

Fredrik

LTTP as usual. I just finished this a few minutes ago. Loved it! to the end! Awesome! Now I'm off looking at the trailer for the now much wanted sequel. Great work Vigil!

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Hey Fredik,

just glad you got around to it, and manage to appreciate what we did. We thank you for playing it.

H

So I have been wanting to pick this up... My question is has the screen tearing issue (in the OP) been taken care of on 360? I have a PS3 and 360 but would rather get this on 360 if that issue is fixed/patched up.

DieH@rd

Banned
Xeno_Flux2113 said:
So I have been wanting to pick this up... My question is has the screen tearing issue (in the OP) been taken care of on 360? I have a PS3 and 360 but would rather get this on 360 if that issue is fixed/patched up.

They did, via patch.

Duffyside

Banned
I'm really excited about Darksiders II, but I hope that Vigil is taking their success and building on it. I liked the first game, but I feel a lot of the issues it had got a pass because it was such a refreshing concept (how many Zelda games are there, especially this generation, in HD, and with a more "mature" theme). The game's combat was way too simple, and the structure of the over-world was not nearly "open" enough, like Zelda games are. Things were very directed, very much "walking through tunnels." Only the desert felt as open as Zelda games do.

I'm sure they're making gameplay enhancements, as all sequels do, but I just hope it's enough.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Can anybody tell me how to add MLAA on Darksiders? If I remember correctly, it's not through the game's options but rather directly through the drivers.

Just got back around to this game. Almost finished, I'm just trying to round up the collectibles before I
forge the Armageddon Blade
. One question though, who is the
English top hatted skeleton
you encounter in certain areas? It's been a while since I've played but I don't remember seeing him before.

DieH@rd

Banned
BY2K said:
Can anybody tell me how to add MLAA on Darksiders? If I remember correctly, it's not through the game's options but rather directly through the drivers.

Yeah go and enable it at aliasing options in Catalyst.

BY2K

Membero Americo
1360x768, some AA active. (Not all, or else my framerate takes a hit.)

lk9CV.jpg

Looks great. Taking screenshots with Steam is the best thing ever.

ArjanN

So I picked up the game last night after work. I am loving it so far. I am not to far in, met Vulgrim and quit, but I am having a blast. Any tips for a first timer? I do have Death's scythe, which is awesome.

ArjanN

SuperSonic1305 said:
Don't worry. The bosses go from hardest to easiest in this game. Get passed Tiamat and the game is a piece of cake.

I thought the giant teleporting spider boss was the hardest. (on Apocalytic difficulty anyway)

teiresias

Speaking of Tiamat, I'm in the Cathedral (or whatever her lair is called) and does anyone have any suggestions on the guys with the armor you slowly remove as you hit them? Specifically, I'm in a room where I have to fight one paired up with some minions, do some other stuff and then get stuck fighting two of those armor guys at the same time. These guys just completely kill me and I can't find a good strategy for them (since I don't seem able to dodge too effectively and blocking doesn't seem to work against their attacks) - any suggestions?

sn00zer

teiresias said:
Speaking of Tiamat, I'm in the Cathedral (or whatever her lair is called) and does anyone have any suggestions on the guys with the armor you slowly remove as you hit them? Specifically, I'm in a room where I have to fight one paired up with some minions, do some other stuff and then get stuck fighting two of those armor guys at the same time. These guys just completely kill me and I can't find a good strategy for them (since I don't seem able to dodge too effectively and blocking doesn't seem to work against their attacks) - any suggestions?
For one of there attacks you back dodge for the other you side dodge...they are tough though... also when they rage just run when they charge up and dont stop running until they stop spinning

AndyD

aka andydumi
Just started this yesterday. Excellent game.

I just beat Tiamat in about 20 tries. I started on Apocalyptic, and had not bought any life potions or anything, so it was just 2 life bars... tough fight.

Super fun game though.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Just picked it up for 15 bucks. Enjoying it quite a bit :) Though it's NOTHING like Zelda. It feels like MUCH more like God of War in an open world (about 3 hours in).

Joei

ProudClod said:
Just picked it up for 15 bucks. Enjoying it quite a bit :) Though it's NOTHING like Zelda. It feels like MUCH more like God of War in an open world (about 3 hours in).

Once you get into the various dungeons, puzzle-solving, and the general overworld exploration, you'll see why it gets compared to Zelda. Combat-wise and style wise, it's more GoW like, though I've heard comparisions to Legacy of Kain although I've never played it. Or maybe I'm thinking Soul Reaver, I dunno, never played that either, lol.

ZealousD

ArjanN said:
I thought the giant teleporting spider boss was the hardest. (on Apocalytic difficulty anyway)

Yeah Silitha is no pushover either.

Top Bottom