• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC releases "Doomsday Clock" sneak preview

SpaceWolf

Banned
Reads like someone doing a bad impression of Moore. Also a lot of modern day parallels feel kind of hamfisted.

This is exactly where I'm at. Rorschach doesn't sound like Rorschach at all (assuming that journal entry in the opening is meant to be his, or that it's really him at all). Also, the not-so subtle Trump commentary really felt like it distracted from the story.

ElNarez

Banned
Rorschach is not apolitical, he's a right-wing nut.

To me, this Rorschach reads as one of those South Park-like libertarians, who like to call themselves "centrist", "reasonable" and "above it all" while letting some extremely heinous shit pass. Less "apolitical" and more "terminally apathetic".

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
To me, this Rorschach reads as one of those South Park-like libertarians, who like to call themselves "centrist", "reasonable" and "above it all" while letting some extremely heinous shit pass. Less "apolitical" and more "terminally apathetic".

Except he's not apathetic. He cares A LOT. Rorshach is not a middle of the road guy or centrist. He's out murdering people left and right because of his extreme hard line beliefs.

ElNarez

Banned
Except he's not apathetic. He cares A LOT. Rorshach is not a middle of the road guy or centrist. He's out murdering people left and right because of his extreme hard line beliefs.

which is why his most famous quote is about "looking down and whispering no", right?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
which is why his most famous quote is about "looking down and whispering no", right?

How does that line mean he's apathetic? If anything it reinforces the fact he's disgusted by the world and people around him which is one of the driving factors for his entire mission in life.

Edit: I will say he can be apathetic to certain things like normal human emotions and interactions but in general I would not call him apathetic.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
ugh.....
WHY WOULD YOU EVER MAKE IT EXPLICIT WHAT HAPPENED AFTERWARD

200.gif

...can I join the Moore Brigade? Like, even if I love the 'Scottish Tribute Band' too?

It’s likely Rorshach's journal was in some way key to exposing Veidt, giving his name and identity some cachet. We’ll see.

You mean the journal left in the crank file of a right-wing newspaper prone to printing bullshit conspiracies is going to be taken seriously enough to spur radical change...?

God, I hope not. This is going to be worse than I thought...

Ross61

Which feeds more into the theory in which this is a different Rorschach l. Also important to note that they are not a reliable narrator.

Maybe I'm missing something since I only really read Watchmen once but Rorschach didn't read as a centrist like this to me then. I got hard right vibes from the guy.

Zubz

Banned
Welp there goes the theory that
Question was Rorschach

Not necessarily. This could be
someone else dressed like Rorschach, while the original Rorschach is still the current Question. It's comic books. Literally anything can lead to anything with enough bullshitting. I still believe Rorschach is the current Question.

Top Bottom