• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space to Wii

Haunted said:
None. Will probably come with the official PR.

This has only been mentioned in passing during a conf call, so it could take a while still.

curious to see them, dead space was a really good looking game, especially in the lighting department, but was mostly set in closed area. it could look really good (not HD good, but enough to let players forget about the HD version) or it could pull a lazy ass port.

who's developing it, redwood? if so there's should be hope.

Vagabundo

°°ToMmY°° said:
curious to see them, dead space was a really good looking game, especially in the lighting department, but was mostly set in closed area. it could look really good (not HD good, but enough to let players forget about the HD version) or it could pull a lazy ass port.

who's developing it, redwood? if so there's should be hope.

I'd be surprised if they go to the effort to try and capture the Wii core audience and then do a lazy port.

Still they may try and focus on gimmicky gestures; whereas if they stuck to decent pointer controls and nice visuals they would be ahead of 90% of 3rd party efforts on the Wii...

kinggroin

Banned
Amir0x said:
It can certainly handle the gameplay elements, but the visual element is gonna be sacrificed at the unholy altar: there was a fuckload of debris floating around in some of these gravity parts.

Very curious how they handle those gravity segments.

smart use of LOD? It's not the first time a developer would have had to "cheat" due to lower processing power.

2D sprites for the debris at a certain distance, then rudimentary 3d model, then a somewhat complex one as it gets right up close to the player.

*shrugs

Safe Bet

Banned
CiSTM said:
Probably sold well enough but EA and other publishers can't afford to ignore Wii anymore.
Yeah, gotta keep those Wii owners who spend thousands of their own dollars every year on interactive entertainment and the hardware required to run it happy.

AMIRITE?

Safe Bet said:
Yeah, gotta keep those Wii owners who spend thousands of their own dollars every year on interactive entertainment and the hardware required to run it happy.

AMIRITE?
Just when I thought the retardation in the thread couldn't get any thicker...

Ulairi

Banned
Safe Bet said:

AMIRITE?

Do you really believe the words you are writing or are you just messing with them, come on you can tell me. Just between us....

Safe Bet said:

AMIRITE?

Hey, you don't need a $600 graphics card in your wii to play games, the default one is enough for low-resolution play. I upgraded my Wii with two extra Gamcube modules.

nightside

Safe Bet said:

AMIRITE?

do you have some program that posts randomly for you?

Safe Bet said:
Just when I thought personal insults on GAF were taking a better turn...
...shitty syntax strikes again?

Seriously though, why are you even in this thread to begin with? You obviously don't give a shit about the game.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
GrotesqueBeauty said:

Seriously though, why are you even in this thread to begin with? You obviously don't give a shit about the game.

It's obvious he wants to be banned.

I say let him go for it.

Safe Bet

Banned
GrotesqueBeauty said:

2/2 on contributing nothing to the conversation other than personal attacks.

You're a real class act dude...

*sigh*

LM4sure

Banned
This chould be good (hopefully). It'll be interesting to see how the developer changes the game to work on the Wii. I already beat and sold the PS3 version so I'll be skipping it. But it is nice to see a good PS3/360 game get ported to the Wii.

LM4sure

Banned
Safe Bet said:
The real question, to me, is can the game be done on the Wii and still remain the same game.

It's already been asked, but why are you even in this thread? You obviously have no interest in this game. Go away.

Safe Bet said:
2/2 on contributing nothing to the conversation other than personal attacks.

You're a real class act dude...

*sigh*

...and your thoughtful contribution to the conversation:

AMIRITE?

Classy.

Safe Bet

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
You're right. My bad..

I was letting passion override tact when I posted that.

LM4sure said:
I was responding to the subject of EA shifitiing focus from HD development to SD development, but..

The ignore button is there for your pleasure.

Use It

:D

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
page 7 reminds me why I love gaf so much. the game has just been announced and already people are talking about how they're gonna have to cut on flying space debris :lol so awesome

Haunted

Darunia said:
page 7 reminds me why I love gaf so much. the game has just been announced and already people are talking about how they're gonna have to cut on flying space debris :lol so awesome
Wii can't do gravity.

Darunia said:
Thanks for writing down what went through my head as well :lol Talk about judging a game [announcement]:lol

Nocebo

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Just when I thought the retardation in the thread couldn't get any thicker...
I've noticed that when Safe bet enters a thread thick retardation is a safe bet.

Good to see Wii getting some nice 3rd party backing. I wonder how it'll turn out. Just one more point for 3rd parties taking the wii more seriously.

MisterHero

Niiiiiice

Even though the game has been out for other systems for a while, I've rarely seen any gameplay or anything.

I did see the animated movie on TV once. It was silly, but decent. :lol

me Jojo

I don't see why people think it's impossible for a Wii game to have a feature like Zero Gravity. What goes even more beyond me is people comparing Zero G with Super Mario Galaxy.

Threi

notag
Rez>You said:
I wonder how long it's going to take for someone to turn all their settings down to low in the PC version and post them as the first Wii version screens
i miss crushed :(

Rez>You said:
I wonder how long it's going to take for someone to turn all their settings down to low in the PC version and post them as the first Wii version screens

Potential odds of Kotaku posting them as an exclusive: 1-4.

Gino

Someone needs to Photo shop a box art with one of the mutant babies and the tag line "Dead Space: Party Babyz".

Seriously those babies are fuck'n scary.

nightez

Banned
Dead Space looks and feels alot to me like Metroid Prime (+ a hint of Resident Evil 4). The art, the sound, the alien atmosphere, everything. It particularly reminds me of the pirate frigate, the holographic displays, the corridors, the way the story line is relayed, those are very Metroid Prime-ish. I believe the game would work with Metroid Prime level graphics with improved lighting. There a big audience for the genre on the Wii.

me Jojo

Gino said:
Someone needs to Photo shop a box art with one of the mutant babies and the tag line "Dead Space: Party Babyz".

Seriously those babies are fuck'n scary.
The scene involving a Lurker (baby) chewing the blonde guy's face in Downfall is so awesome.:lol

codecow

Dascu said:
So are you guys handling this Wii version yourself?

Not sure how much I can say if anything about the folks working on the Dead Space Wii. I'm not working on it myself, although I have seen it running, hence my earlier comment about it being unlikely that it will be graphically disappointing for the majority on neogaf.

As for my own 'Wii hate' I can still evaluate whether something is good on the platform or not even though I don't really play mine at home. Maybe if there were more games like Dead Space Wii I'd actually play it, heh.

Dascu

codecow said:
Not sure how much I can say if anything about the folks working on the Dead Space Wii. I'm not working on it myself, although I have seen it running, hence my earlier comment about it being unlikely that it will be graphically disappointing for the majority on neogaf.

As for my own 'Wii hate' I can still evaluate whether something is good on the platform or not even though I don't really play mine at home. Maybe if there were more games like Dead Space Wii I'd actually play it, heh.
Alright, thanks. I hope it turns out well.

codecow

Narcosis said:
Haha, another check for the "don't believe everything you read in games journalism" box?

Exactly.

EA Redwood as of this morning is currently a 'big' studio. Obviously as we've seen in recent days this can change at any time but suffice to say that the entire studio didn't work on the original Dead Space (for example Godfather 2 was in production at the same time) and the entire studio isn't working on Dante's Inferno either.

Sorry to be so vague but I'm not a qualified PR person who's supposed to speak to customers as part of my job. I just read neogaf and I've been a gamer since I was old enough for my dad to boost me up to reach the joysticks in the arcade.

soldat7

codecow said:
Nope, the majority of us are not making Dante's Inferno.

That's because you're working on Dead Space 2...right? :D

Good to hear that the Wii game won't disappoint graphically. I love the Dead Space universe and can't wait for more of it.

Haunted

codecow said:

Sounds good. We'll take your word for it. ;)

JudgeN

codecow said:
Exactly.

EA Redwood as of this morning is currently a 'big' studio. Obviously as we've seen in recent days this can change at any time but suffice to say that the entire studio didn't work on the original Dead Space (for example Godfather 2 was in production at the same time) and the entire studio isn't working on Dante's Inferno either.

Sorry to be so vague but I'm not a qualified PR person who's supposed to speak to customers as part of my job. I just read neogaf and I've been a gamer since I was old enough for my dad to boost me up to reach the joysticks in the arcade.

Can we be rest issued that Dante's Inferno is in good hands? I want your new games to sell well and for that to happen they gotta be top quality.

no shitty PS3 port, I believe in you all

LiK

the more people play this game, the better. but man, the graphics are gonna take a big hit. such a beautiful game.

Vagabundo

codecow said:

You know thisisneogaf.gif and they will bitch about it anyway.

Still I'm happy to hear that a Wii skeptic has seen a build and is confident in the game, it bodes well.

This is on my list...

I've been thinking of getting this on the PC. Is there any point in getting this for the Wii when I have a decent PC and a 360 when there's so much potential that the atmosphere will be lost when the graphics and sound will be gimped? I don't even have a surround sound system so I've been thinking that playing DS with good headphones would be better than any console alternative. Advice?

wsippel

Banned
codecow said:
I guess it's safe to assume that Dead Space Wii isn't handled by EA Redwood, then? If the studio has three teams, with one of the teams working on Dante's Inferno and one on Godfather 2, and you not working on either and not on Dead Space Wii - unless the ".2" team is working on Dead Space Wii...

Vinci

Danish
Safe Bet said:
The real question, to me, is can the game be done on the Wii and still remain the same game.

The real question, to me, is why does it have to remain the same game? In fact, I'll go one step further and answer, "It shouldn't." Should it be similar enough to evoke the same atmosphere of Dead Space? No doubt. But will it be the exact same game? Only if they're being lazy as hell. Every developer with an interest in bringing their existing titles or IPs to the Wii should look at PES Wii as the template for how this should be done: It should not be the same game. Particularly if they want people to double-dip - which they undoubtedly do.

Top Bottom