• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space to Wii

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
codecow said:
I haven't seen Dead Rising on the Wii so I can't make a 1-1 comparison. All I can say is when I saw the game in motion on the Wii I said, "Wow". I tend to think everything is crap, so from me, "Wow" is a high compliment.

Sounds awesome.

And just for sake of completion, here are the two Dead Risings:

40.jpg
938.jpg

AniHawk

codecow said:
I haven't seen Dead Rising on the Wii so I can't make a 1-1 comparison. All I can say is when I saw the game in motion on the Wii I said, "Wow". I tend to think everything is crap, so from me, "Wow" is a high compliment.

Also, you work there, and your higher-ups are probably watching what you post, so it's best not to say anything negative about it.

faceless007 said:
Then you're lucky. I've tried every possible combination of the settings V-sync in-game, V-sync in drivers, triple buffering, Max frames prerendered, Logitech mouse sensitivity, in-game mouse sensitivity (even editing the .ini file to take it above 1.0) and no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of the damn mouse lag. There was always a solid half-second of lag.

Point is, it probably depends on your system whether you can get rid of the lag.
....and this, EA, is why we need PC demos.

So, do I pick up the 360 version now, or wait until the Wii version is out and see what the consensus is? Everything I've read about the PC version makes me not even want to try it there.

Anony

interesting...

because to me, what they're saying is that if SMG is the best graphic on the wii, they've either have the graphics in a level that's surpassed SMG (or at least rivals it)
something to hope for

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
AniHawk said:
Also, you work there, and your higher-ups are probably watching what you post, so it's best not to say anything negative about it.

Riccitiello surfing on gaf confirmed !!!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
AniHawk said:

That's what I thought at first, but to be fair:
1) If he doesn't like it, he can just say "can't talk about it"
2) He doesn't really like the Wii hardware, so he wouldn't hype up the graphics of a Wii game, even an EA game, if he didn't think it deserved it
3) As soon as the game is shown in screenshots/videos, his claim will be verified or debunked, so he's got no real incentive to lie about it. Graphics are the easiest thing to judge without actually buying a game.

Then again, you probably were being sarcastic, but at least that allowed me to come up with this list.

AceBandage said:
Yes, and it should have been Gusty Garden.
Surely you meant to say Space Junk.

Anony said:
interesting...

because to me, what they're saying is that if SMG is the best graphic on the wii, they've either have the graphics in a level that's surpassed SMG (or at least rivals it)
something to hope for
......You're aware that pic isn't from EA, right?

Neomoto

Well, finally more pubs are porting a high profile "core HD" game to Wii. I hope more publishers follow. I haven't played Dead Space yet, but if it is a good Wii effort with good Wii controlls I might get it :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anony said:
interesting...

something to hope for

Look at the link. It's from the-minus-world.

codecow

AniHawk said:

After seeing the products we make you really think a lot of high level EA execs are reading neogaf?

codecow said:
Based on those screen shots I'd say they both look bad (puts on flame suit).
zomg dead space wii to look better than dead rising 360 confirmed (headlines instantly on kotaku and n4g)

pakkit said:
DO WANT

What did Cass say?

He has been promising a dark game for the Wii since last year and then re-confirmed it this year. Listen to the Nintendo Podcast tells you everything you need to know.

I don't get why people don't trust Matt with secrets and stuff... he hasn't been wrong in like ever. Halo DS was true, Kid Icarus is 90% true (the games developers are having money problems from countless sources), Dark games for Wii is true.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ajvizzgamer101 said:
He has been promising a dark game for the Wii since last year and then re-confirmed it this year.

Not that I really give a shit either way if some random tool was right or wrong, but sounds like cold reading to me.

EmCeeGramr said:
zomg dead space wii to look better than dead rising 360 confirmed (headlines instantly on kotaku and n4g)

kiruyama said:
Going by this, we can probably expect mid-360 level visuals with some nice Okami watercolored filters going on. Maybe even some HQ 2D sprites.

dude i called it

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Haunted said:
Play American McGee's Grimm. Low budget, but pretty cool in that aspect.
True. But really what made me love Alice, and what I didnt think they went nearly far enough in, was Wonderland as a physical representation of her shattered mind. I really wanted even more visual hints and dialogue with the inhabitants. Still quite good for a Quake engine tp action game at the time. Quite a high concept jump from the Doom games to that

I'm under the impression that Grimm does the whole dark thing just for the sake of it, which is interesting from an artistic perspective but it lacks the hooks and bite of Alice. Still I have been meaning to try it

nightside

HK-47 said:
True. But really what made me love Alice, and what I didnt think they went nearly far enough in, was Wonderland as a physical representation of her shattered mind. I really wanted even more visual hints and dialogue with the inhabitants. Still quite good for a Quake engine tp action game at the time. Quite a high concept jump for the Doom games to that

I'm under the impression that Grimm does the whole dark thing just for the sake of it, which is interesting from an artistic perspective but it lacks the hooks and bite of Alice. Still I have been meaning to try it

American McGee's Alice is underrated and deserves more love

soldat7

kiruyama said:
dude i called it

Don't call it yet. We haven't seen anything (although the EA guy on here gives a lot of hope). I doubt it will achieve 'mid-level' graphics in comparison to the PS3/360 version (end boss says hi), but I think we can expect it to stack up well to other titles on the Wii and be quite impressive in that respect.

I just can't wait to play more Dead Space. I'm VERY pumped for this.

ajvizzgamer101 said:
He has been promising a dark game for the Wii since last year and then re-confirmed it this year. Listen to the Nintendo Podcast tells you everything you need to know.

I don't get why people don't trust Matt with secrets and stuff... he hasn't been wrong in like ever. Halo DS was true, Kid Icarus is 90% true (the games developers are having money problems from countless sources), Dark games for Wii is true.
Matt, is that you?

freddy

Banned
AniHawk said:
Yeah, I didn't mean CEOs.
Oh come on I bet he's looked over this thread.

More shooters for Wii please all you CEOs and Presidents out there.

ajvizzgamer101 said:
I think he's just a bit annoying and anal sometimes and people like to cut him to shreds any chance they get.

Rolf NB

Neomoto said:
Well, finally more pubs are porting a high profile "core HD" game to Wii. I hope more publishers follow. I haven't played Dead Space yet, but if it is a good Wii effort with good Wii controlls I might get it :)
Well you can probably solve your commitment problems with a good healthy dose of playing the dem ... oh, wait. I didn't say anything.

vertopci

Blast Processing said:
So, do I pick up the 360 version now, or wait until the Wii version is out and see what the consensus is? Everything I've read about the PC version makes me not even want to try it there.

Except there is absolutely nothing fucking wrong with the PC version.

IAmtheFMan said:
Given the recent trend, NOA is going to work overtime so that somehow, this isn't going to be released in the U.S.
That only applies to Japanese developed games that Nintendo is supposed to be publishing.

Captain N

I hope this game turns out to be do well! I'm not even kidding. I want to see EA make a 2D Dead Space on the DS that plays like Castlevania.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Captain N said:
I hope this game turns out to be do well! I'm not even kidding. I want to see EA make a 2D Dead Space on the DS that plays like Castlevania.

Metroid Fusion

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Blast Processing said:

Since you have a 360, just use the 360 pad for the PC version.

soldat7

Captain N said:

Dead Space for the DS. Match made in heaven?
I'd buy it.

legend166

ajvizzgamer101 said:

The problem with Cassamassina is that for some reason he takes a game pitch and says it's all of a sudden in development. Halo DS was never in development. I'm pretty sure it's the same with Kid Icarus. Devs are trying to pitch these concepts and he just automatically assumes they'll get picked up. Same with that other Silent Hill-esque game he was hyping a couple weeks back.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
soldat7 said:
Dead Space for the DS. Match made in heaven?
I'd buy it.

But the DS can't do gravity, the game will be ruined.

legend166 said:
The problem with Cassamassina is that for some reason he takes a game pitch and says it's all of a sudden in development. Halo DS was never in development. I'm pretty sure it's the same with Kid Icarus. Devs are trying to pitch these concepts and he just automatically assumes they'll get picked up. Same with that other Silent Hill-esque game he was hyping a couple weeks back.

Well technically, they are/were in development. But just as demos, not as full games yet.

Teknoman

vertopci said:
Except there is absolutely nothing fucking wrong with the PC version.

Yeah, isnt it 360 gamepad compatible anyway? Get the best of both worlds with that.

Still contemplating getting PC version...but first i've gotta see whats up with the Wii version and if its a side story or port.

Meesh

Andrex said:
But the DS can't do gravity, the game will be ruined.

Now hold up a minute, I thought Nintendo was implementing some new-fangled motion anti-gravity card type deal? :) /more sarcasm

Top Bottom