• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space to Wii

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Haunted said:
Ah, thank you Jocchan, now we can continue lynchin- wait, weren't you the guy we were supposed to lynch in the first place?

mind = blown
No, I think you're confusing me with someone else.
I'm the one walking diagonally in the mob, ready to lynch someone myself too.

MarkusRJR

OH SHIT! This deserves a whole new thread.

EDIT: I finished watching the trailer; the game looks great. :D

EDIT 2: WTF? It's a rail-shooter? Fuck. I'm getting sick of rail-shooters (I've already played through Ghost Squad, HotD:OK, HotD 2 & 3 Return, and RE:UC), I need some more FPS action on the Wii (there're no good FPS games that are worth mentioning).

deepbrown

Yaceka said:
http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-types/shooter/dead-space-extraction-officially-announced-wii-$1270384.htm

Info and trailer.

Extraction is a prequel that will develop the events leading up to the events seen in the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 Dead Space. The game will take advantage of the Wii's motion controls to create a unique first-person horror experience. Yes, this Dead Space is in first-person unlike its 360/PS3 counterpart.

Edit: IGN info is better.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Keyser Soze said:
It's a prequel and an FPS with co-op... cool!

It's on-rails........ugh.

Are all of these pubs completely ignorant of RE4 sales?

And the trend continues of completely uninteresting Wii spinoffs that change the genre into something meant for casuals(whoever the fuck they are).

PR up on Gamespress:

All-New Hero, Story and Characters Extend the Dead Space Universe
Guildford, UK; February 18, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today revealed Dead Space™ Extraction, an all-new chapter from the studio that delivered the award-winning action-horror Dead Space game. Built from the ground up and developed exclusively for the Wii™, Dead Space Extraction is a prequel that reveals the events leading up to Isaac Clarke’s mission on the USG Ishimura in the original Dead Space game released in 2008. Dead Space Extraction will marry the innovative motion controls of the Wii Remote with a frenetic first person perspective to create a new action-packed horror experience.
Dead Space Extraction tells the story of a handful of space colonists desperately struggling to escape from a horrific infection on the Aegis VII mining colony deep in the furthest regions of space. The game introduces a new heroine to the fiction and as the crew fall victim to a mysterious contagion aboard the ship, it becomes clear that protecting her may be their only hope for survival. Dead Space Extraction introduces all new characters, weapons, enemies, puzzles and co-operative multiplayer gameplay.
“We could not be more excited to extend Dead Space into an experience exclusive to the Wii. Nintendo has a wonderful history in the horror genre and we are thrilled to build on that tradition with Dead Space Extraction,” said Glen Schofield, VP and General Manager of EA Redwood Shores studio. “As we were developing Dead Space, we realized that there was so much of the story going untold. Dead Space Extraction tells that story with all of the intensity, blood and gore that fans would expect.”
Dead Space Extraction is an EA Redwood Shores title and is scheduled to ship in Autumn 2009. This product has not yet rated by ESRB or PEGI.

Kenka

Wait, somthing got really announced ??

EDIT : *looks at the trailer* hey, looks like EA "got" the wii. jättebra.

pakkit

Banned
Prequel

Nice, I love original material.

First-Person

Hell yes, an easy and smart way to take advantage of the Wii!

Co-Op

*reaches for lotion*

On-Rails

2ptncsx.gif

It's the hardcore we've already waited for.

...And I'll still probably get it.

Our gameplay takes advantage of a guided and cinematic camera which allows us to frame the action on screen and deliver fantastic and gripping action sequences packed with loads of scares. We plan to evolve the game by focusing on a frenetic first-person perspective that we believe will enhance the tension and horror the player experiences as they play the game. The unique gameplay and first-person perspective allows us to combine a high action horror movie experience within an interactive environment.

Dead Space Extraction also retains the core gameplay mechanics from Dead Space, like strategic dismemberment, weapon upgrades, stasis, telekinesis, alternate-fire modes, and more. But, we are added a lot more on top that like I previously mentioned with the addition of co-op play, for example.

So it's like Umbrella Chronicles?

Color me disappointed.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Pluses:
- Not a port, original story
- First person perspective
- Co-op gameplay
- Apparently really nice engine
Minuses:
- The on-rails shooter genre is getting very crowded

MarkusRJR

Unless it's AAA material, it's at the most going to be a rental for me. The rail shooter genre is getting to be crowded on the Wii. It's sad that the only good horror game on the console is a port of a last gen game (RE4).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
yeah it looks really impressive and it's good that they went out of their way to make a new story for it and do co-op. but on rails? are you freaking kidding me? excitement fading fast.

Bizzyb

Banned
As long as the Light Gun genre doesn't take over as the new "FPS" genre on Wii I could care less.

Hopefully The Conduit will prove the genre CAN and should exist just as much as On-rails games. Anyways, those visuals look amazing. Hopefully there will be stuff like alternative pathways etc to extend gameplay.

Headstrong Games were geniuses by adding that Directors Cut mode to Overkill.

CiSTM

Banned
First i was glad when on-rail games made come back after all these years. But now it feels there is too much of them :lol I will still support this because it looks gorgeous and I want to know more about the story.

Laguna

Banned
I love "Light-Gun-Shooters" but it would have been nice to see it as a normal Ego-Shooter. But it looks very good if it is a quality product I´ll get it for sure.

Mohonky

BikoBiko said:
That looks delicious. Am I the only one who likes the on rails part?

No, I am quite FOR the idea of it personally. Looking forward to it actually. Game lends itself well to the concept.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
BikoBiko said:
That looks delicious. Am I the only one who likes the on rails part?
I like on rails games but I am not sure that this was the way to go with Dead Space, as you really need to make a light gun shooter action packed to avoid it getting boring, and that doesn't gel well with suspenseful horror. Hopefully they have some tricks up their sleeves. It definitely still looks like a great game, but it is heading into a crowded market, so is going to have to really prove itself.

Chumly

Jaded Alyx said:
Oh geez...

EDIT: You sneaky little..
Shit I should have quoted him. I saw it to.

I was thinking of something like "burn him at the stake if info doesnt come tomorrow"

Top Bottom