• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Del Toro's Pacific Rim is the Godzilla movie GINO wasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
So while the rest of world is locked in a life or death struggle, the Euros are just chillin', drinking wine and eating cheese.
Sort of like real life today ;-P

No, they're still throwing futile temporary solutions at an economic crisis of their own making.

wwm0nkey

Does Mexico have a mech in this?

It better look like this

tequila-gundam.jpg

obin_gam

I hope to gods that we get more Jaegers in the inevitable sequel. I'm thinking "Pacific Rim: Atlantic Theatre" as a name for it.

Scandinavia (based on Iceland), France, Brazil and South America should get their own jaegers next time.

duckroll

There are two unannounced Jaegers left according to the viral documents. Both of whom would be stationed in South America. Tacit Ronin and Diablo Intercept are their names.

I wonder if they'll show up in the movie at all, or if they'll be used as material for supporting products like the comics and games.

NEO0MJ

Isn't there one final Jaeger that hasn't been revealed yet? Or are there only the five?

Well, this more of a prediction from me based on the trailer but (I guess spoilers)

In the trailer they show Gipsy Danger getting trashed so maybe the heroes get a new mecha?

There are two unannounced Jaegers left according to the viral documents. Both of whom would be stationed in South America. Tacit Ronin and Diablo Intercept are their names.

Those are some nice names if true.

NEO0MJ

holy shit at Striker's stats!

And that kill count! It's funny that despite being the oldest mech Coyote Tango only has two kills.

Also, it just occurred to me that in the original blueprints crimson typhoon left and right arms were in the opposite of their current set-up.

JDSN

Banned
USA mecha lacks awesome battle subtitle.

Striker is broken, its obvious which one will be the first one to go down.

NEO0MJ

I do want a Cherno and Typhoon figures

You're in luck, at least in regards to Crimson Typhoon. Neca will be making a toy version of it, as well as for Striker Eureka and Gipsy Danger.

Maybe they'll produce the remaining later. After all this movie has so much toy potential. What kid doesn't love giant robots and monsters?

USA mecha lacks awesome battle subtitle.

Just noticed this. Japan's is awesome!

Giant Japanese Techno-Tyrant

You're in luck, at least in regards to Crimson Typhoon. Neca will be making a toy version of it, as well as for Striker Eureka and Gipsy Danger.

Maybe they'll produce the remaining later. After all this movie has so much toy potential. What kid doesn't love giant robots and monsters?

Just noticed this. Japan's is awesome!
I like the detail on that figure. How big r these? 6"?

raphier

Banned
Striker is so going down. The legendary pilots die to a new monster. America saves the day. Russian's nuclear head is foreshadowing the nuclear closing of the rift in the ocean. I am betting on this.

Also I want to see North Korean Great Leader 10/10/10 stats and 100+ killcount

Dave_6

So any idea if the Wondercon trailer is officially going public?

Edit: Holy shit,
"The effects and the battles were incredible, culminating in a Jaeger grabbing a massive ship and using it as a baseball bat against a giant Kaiju."

O_O

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Really not fond of the way trailers are dealt with.
It makes me wonder why they even bother with them. The internet has so much potential that they're all just throwing away. They seem to be much more fond of pushing last minute TVspots

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I honestly still can't believe a movie like this is getting made.

I can't wait to see this goddamn movie, hopefully Iron Man 3 will satisfy me enough until July.

And here's the cover for the prequel comic (painted by Alex Ross) :
cpvQNce.jpg
Monster looks sick, OG Jaeger is boss as fuck, can't wait for this.

My god I am so excited for this movie. I need everything about it. Posters, cards, toys. They better release figures of the kaiju along with the Jaegers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom